In remembrance of 9/11/01

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Nov 20th, 2017, 10:31am EST

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members GamesGames Login Login Register Register
Fantasyfootballer.com's Gridiron "between the 20's Fantasy MVP's for Weeks 11 on"

"Welcome to 'the Gridiron'... Fantasy football at its best!"

Fantasy Football News Feed Co-commissioner Services Add "the Gridiron" to your site
Lend a hand... Make a donation to "the Gridiron"!!!
   Fantasyfootballer.com's Gridiron
   the Gridiron
   between the 20's
(Moderators: Replay Official, Side Judge, Line Judge, Umpire, Head Linesman, Back Judge, Field Judge, Referee)
   "between the 20's Fantasy MVP's for Weeks 11 on"
Previous topic|Next topic
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: "between the 20's Fantasy MVP's for Weeks 11 on"  (Read 1003 times)
Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer
Champ - '94, '99, '02, '04

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

"between the 20's Fantasy MVP's for Weeks 11 on"
« on: Nov 14th, 2008, 4:11pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Here is another one of our fun participatory threads here "between the 20's".  It is called "between the 20's Fantasy MVP's of the Week".  Here, you are to list your key player(s) for the week, the one or ones that were key to your victory(ies).  I really think we can have some fun with this! You can expect this to be up by Wednesday from here on out!  HAVE FUN, fellas!!!

There is also a complementary weekly thread to this one for the opposite circumstance:  "between the 20's Weekly Bitchin'"!!!  Make sure to check it out!!!
Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

Re: "between the 20's Fantasy MVP's for Weeks 11 o
« Reply #1 on: Nov 19th, 2008, 10:53pm »

As I mentioned on the "Bitchin'" thread, Week 11 was a real "turn-the-corner" week for my GBRFL squad.  I went 2-0, and it was a real team effort as will be exemplified by some of the game balls I hand out here, i.e., I will reward performances, which may be objectively perceived to be "eh", but were actually huge for me.  If I were forced to award just one game ball, it would be to Ryan Grant; two, Hines Ward; three, four, the Pittsburgh Steelers and Philadelphia Eagles D/ST's; five, Mason Crosby.  But, besides them, the following "role players" too were key to my Week 11 victories:  QB's Ben Roethlisberger, Chad Pennington and Shaun Hill, and RB's Warrick Dunn and Cedric Benson.  Great team effort, fellas! Let's keep it up!  We're not out of this thing quite yet...
Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #2 on: Nov 27th, 2008, 12:55am »

My two BIG wins Week 12 keep me in the hunt for, perhaps, a little somethin'-somethin' in the GBRFL this year...  It, yet again, was a TOTAL team effort, but special thumbs up to:  Chad Pennington, Warrick Dunn, Tony Gonzalez, and the Steelers and Buccaneers D/ST's.  Game balls... Thanks for making for a happy Thanksgiving for the Stegeman clan's Ruthless Burgers.
Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #3 on: Dec 7th, 2008, 1:31pm »

A solid team effort and some fantastic individual efforts,... squandered,... against the two top dogs, no less.  Most notably:  Bernard Berrian (a 99-yarder), Tony Gonzalez, and the Steelers D/ST.  What a waste! At least, because of them and some other solid efforts, we put up a fight and didn't get our asses kicked Week 13. A couple guys killed us, though.
Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #4 on: Dec 27th, 2008, 3:47am »

My team took a serious slide here late in the season, threatening my chances of a winning record and improving on last year in the standings.  But, a great team effort and victory Week 16 keeps hopes alive on both accounts going into my two Week 17 games...  I already have as many wins as I had last season, and currently my place in the standings is one better than it was a year ago and, most meaningfully for me in a symbolic sense, outside the bottom five and our league's draft lottery, outside of which I haven't been for three years now.  At any rate, in Week 16, 7/10ths of my lineup cowboyed up with solid performances.  Game balls to all of the following:  QB's - Chad Pennington and Shaun Hill; RB's - Cedric Benson, LaMont Jordan and Ryan Grant; RC's - Hines Ward and Tony Gonzalez.  Thanks, fellas, for keeping some hope for improvement and a winning record this season alive!
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

Previous topic|Next topic

Fantasyfootballer.com's Gridiron » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.1!
YaBB 2000-2002,
Xnull. All Rights Reserved.

Most smilies provided by "MySmilies.com", "Jason's Smiley Collection" or "Clicksmilies.com".
"the Gridiron" Copyright 2002-2016 - Product of FantasyFootballer.com. All rights reserved.