In remembrance of 9/11/01

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Nov 20th, 2017, 2:01pm EST

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members GamesGames Login Login Register Register
Fantasyfootballer.com's Gridiron A heartfelt message...

"Welcome to 'the Gridiron'... Fantasy football at its best!"

Fantasy Football News Feed Co-commissioner Services Add "the Gridiron" to your site
Lend a hand... Make a donation to "the Gridiron"!!!
   Fantasyfootballer.com's Gridiron
   the Gridiron
   between the 20's
(Moderators: Replay Official, Side Judge, Line Judge, Umpire, Head Linesman, Back Judge, Field Judge, Referee)
   A heartfelt message...
Previous topic|Next topic
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: A heartfelt message...  (Read 3191 times)
Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer
Champ - '94, '99, '02, '04

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

A heartfelt message...
« on: Nov 20th, 2008, 12:45am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

I want to do something I haven't been able to do (for a variety of reasons) for a long time, that is, post a totally unapologetic public tribute to my GBRFL guys, my friends, who provide an unrivaled fantasy football experience (for me) and, as concerns here, have come to provide the foundational financial support that, at least, keeps this place afloat... in terms of, at least, keeping my spirits up.  Thank you, guys!

As for that unrivaled experience, where things stand in the GBRFL Week 11 is testimony...

• The largest margin of victory was 18 points, which, for those who know the GBRFL format, isn't much.  The second largest margin was 13; two were 11, and the rest were in single digits.
  • With roughly a third of the season, i.e. 9/10 games, still left to go, there are four teams within a mere half game of 1st Place, i.e., in the GBRFL format, the Championship; two more within 3.5 games.
  • No team has fewer than 5 wins, and, in any event, our last-place team this week beat the second-place team; that is after defeating in Week 10 the top dog going into Week 10.

This is the real deal.  This is where fantasy football is at.  This is where fantasy football is at its best.  A group of buddies, 20 years in overall (hearkening back to the old Mark Malone League), 16 for the GBRFL.  Unbelievable!  Thanks, guys, for helping me make it happen!

For those interested in checking things out and becoming a fan, ... go to:
http://www.fantasyfootballer.com/gbrfl.
Drew Rosenhaus
GM
GBRFLer
Champ - '93, '03, '07, '12
# 54

View Profile

Re: A heartfelt message...
« Reply #1 on: Jan 4th, 2009, 1:07am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Steve,

No thanks needed from your end - this is by far the best league (and format) I have played in since starting fantasy football back in 1993 with you.

While I do feel I get shorted every year in my run to the championship (just being sarcastic of course) I feel this is truly some great competition with all the GBRFL owners in addition to having the opportunity to get to know everyone on a personal level - a great bonus indeed.

A tip of the cap to you Steg - and another great year of GBRFL moving to completion.

She turned me into a newt!
A newt?
I got better. Burn her anyway!
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

Previous topic|Next topic

Fantasyfootballer.com's Gridiron » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.1!
YaBB 2000-2002,
Xnull. All Rights Reserved.

Most smilies provided by "MySmilies.com", "Jason's Smiley Collection" or "Clicksmilies.com".
"the Gridiron" Copyright 2002-2016 - Product of FantasyFootballer.com. All rights reserved.