In remembrance of 9/11/01

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Nov 21st, 2017, 10:34am EST

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members GamesGames Login Login Register Register
Fantasyfootballer.com's Gridiron Favorite Players

"Welcome to 'the Gridiron'... Fantasy football at its best!"

Fantasy Football News Feed Co-commissioner Services Add "the Gridiron" to your site
Lend a hand... Make a donation to "the Gridiron"!!!
   Fantasyfootballer.com's Gridiron
   the Gridiron
   between the 20's
(Moderators: Replay Official, Side Judge, Line Judge, Umpire, Head Linesman, Back Judge, Field Judge, Referee)
   Favorite Players
Previous topic|Next topic
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Favorite Players  (Read 3300 times)
Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer
Champ - '94, '99, '02, '04

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

Favorite Players
« on: Aug 6th, 2009, 1:50pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

I am smitten... I DEFINITELY have my new fantasy football man-love affair... Hence, I start this thread which is kinda, sorta related to fantasy leagues (and, thus, appropriate for the "between the 20's" board) for all to post the man-loves on their fantasy rosters or at least radars.

I was out the other day at a local comics and collectibles shop getting football cards for the 2008 GBRFL plaques to be awarded at this year's Summer Meeting & Draft (no, I'm not one of the recipients, haven't been for a few years now ). Something, mind you, I don't usually do anymore. I usually just order the cards on-line (from Beckett.com). But, this year I was pressed for time.

At any rate, for fun I found myself browsing for cards that might be of interest to me vis-a-vis my GBRFL roster and in anticipation of a successful 2009 campaign (that may finally merit me a plaque again). While sifting through the shop's card collection, I stumbled across an Anthony Gonzalez rookie card (for $1.50). Suffice it to say, I've been a fan since day one. I traded for him a couple years ago, and I feel strongly that he will break out this season and go on to have a fantastic career. BUT, it's what I read when I flipped the card over, and I'm NOT talking about the stats lines, that has me all ga-ga. It says, and I quote, "Anthony will join LeCharles Bentley of the Browns and Chris Hovan of the Buccaneers as alumni of Cleveland's prestigious St. Ignatius High. An Academic All-American at Ohio State with a 3.6 GPA in PHILOSOPHY, 'He brings a calm to the team, and he brings confidence,' said Ohio State coach Jim Tressel." A man after my heart,... a Philosophy major! Moreover, with the attributes of calmness and confidence,... marks of a true philosopher (note the structure of the that second sentence, the comma preceding the Tressel quote)! I'M IN LOVE!!! ...

Feel free to consider this your confessional, a place to share,... nay,... confess your fantasy football man-love fests...
« Last Edit: Aug 6th, 2009, 3:33pm by Stegfucius » Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

Previous topic|Next topic

Fantasyfootballer.com's Gridiron » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.1!
YaBB 2000-2002,
Xnull. All Rights Reserved.

Most smilies provided by "MySmilies.com", "Jason's Smiley Collection" or "Clicksmilies.com".
"the Gridiron" Copyright 2002-2016 - Product of FantasyFootballer.com. All rights reserved.