In remembrance of 9/11/01

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Nov 19th, 2017, 1:47am EST

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members GamesGames Login Login Register Register
Fantasyfootballer.com's Gridiron "between the 20's Weekly Bitchin'"

"Welcome to 'the Gridiron'... Fantasy football at its best!"

Fantasy Football News Feed Co-commissioner Services Add "the Gridiron" to your site
Lend a hand... Make a donation to "the Gridiron"!!!
   Fantasyfootballer.com's Gridiron
   the Gridiron
   between the 20's
(Moderators: Replay Official, Side Judge, Line Judge, Umpire, Head Linesman, Back Judge, Field Judge, Referee)
   "between the 20's Weekly Bitchin'"
Previous topic|Next topic
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: "between the 20's Weekly Bitchin'"  (Read 3734 times)
Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer
Champ - '94, '99, '02, '04

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

"between the 20's Weekly Bitchin'"
« on: Sep 15th, 2009, 2:30am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Here is another one of our fun participatory threads here "between the 20's".  It is called "between the 20's Weekly Bitchin'".  Here, you are to list the player(s) for the week, the one or ones who particularly... -ed you in the... and were the key(s) to your loss(es).  I really think we can have some fun venting our frustrations here together!  You can expect this to be up by Wednesday from here on out!  HAVE FUN gettin' it ALL out, fellas!!!

Remember the complementary weekly thread to this one for the opposite circumstance:  "between the 20's Fantasy MVP's of the Week"!!!  Make sure to check it out!!!
DirkDiggler
Gridiron Great
GBRFLer
Champ - '14
# 5

View Profile

Re: "between the 20's Weekly Bitchin'"
« Reply #1 on: Sep 21st, 2009, 10:51pm »

Donnie Avery- You are DEAD to me!!  1 catch, 4 yards, and a FUMBLE.  Bastard!

"Every rule has an exception....the exception can't become the rule"
Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #2 on: Sep 25th, 2009, 5:15am »

Bitch session start...

GBRFL

What is there not to bitch about,... overall at least?  Through two weeks, the Ruthless Burgers sit at 1-3.  "Thanks", Vikings, for giving up that garbage-time touchdown to Cleveland that cost me the game Week 1.  Pennington, with Roethlisberger's 363, you couldn't just throw for 187 yards and get me the bonus!?  I know you admittedly don't care about fantasy, but, come on, bro!  Two weeks in a row... pretty LAME!  Steelers D, WeAk 2...  I know you're without Polamalu, but, jeeez...  Could you guys have been flatter?  And, Jason Witten and Ryan... Grant...ed you guys scored, but that's the best yous could respectively muster up on opening night at the new NFL Taj Mahal and against the Bungles.

CBFL

209.0 points and 2nd place after two weeks...  What is there to bitch about?  In short, QB's Brett Favre and Kyle Orton, RB's Michael Turner, Reggie Bush and Willie Parker, and WR Santana Moss could surely kick it up a notch (at least, each relatively speaking).
cwhams
GM
Fmr. CBFLer
Champ - '07
# 489

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile Email

« Reply #3 on: Sep 25th, 2009, 7:41am »

-50+ out of the Titans and two running backs down and out in Beverly Hills with Forte a sleep at the helm...could be a long season for the Dubs!

Top three looking good...Rickster #1 despite woeful performance out of his D!
Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #4 on: Oct 11th, 2009, 1:01am »

GBRFL
During a two-week stretch in which I went 1-3, causing me to fall to 2-5 on the season, lots to bitch about...  Week 3 - my tight-end theory blows up in my face as Gonzo, Winslow and Carlson combine for 7 for 58. Derrick Ward... Michael Vick + (the name for this smiley literally is "wildcat") = ... Chad Pennington... I do feel for the guy, but summarily cut him Week 4,... speaking of which I did win my one game Week 4, so there is a silver lining here.  A little disappointed none of my backs, Caddy, Benson or Harrison, couldn't come up with a TD, but they otherwise had good weeks, so...

CBFL
Well, this was a two-week stretch during which I went from second to... second and second to,... eh-hem,... second... while teams flip-flopped all around me.  I did not rock the house either Week 3 or Week 4, so...  Generally speaking, through four weeks, at wide receiver, Colston and Steve Smith (Panthers) are killing me, at running back, Reggie Bush.  Weeks 3 and 4, Drew Brees... I thought you were leaving touchdowns on the field, bro!  Week 3's effect on Week 4,... Parker... and now he's a pink-slip canidate if you know what I mean (read, Mendenhall breakout). Come on, fellas...
cwhams
GM
Fmr. CBFLer
Champ - '07
# 489

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile Email

« Reply #5 on: Oct 22nd, 2009, 7:00pm »

Titans, Titans, Titans, Titans, Titans, Titans, Titans, Titans, and ofcourse there is the Titans.  
cwhams
GM
Fmr. CBFLer
Champ - '07
# 489

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile Email

« Reply #6 on: Oct 22nd, 2009, 7:04pm »

on Oct 22nd, 2009, 7:00pm, cwhams wrote:
Titans, Titans, Titans, Titans, Titans, Titans, Titans, Titans, and ofcourse there is the Titans.

Steg...I believe I'm gramatically correct by using the "is" as opposed "are" when referring to the "Titans" which at first appears to be plural...but actually refers to the singular defense?
Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #7 on: Oct 31st, 2009, 11:36pm »

GBRFL
Even though there were surely some bad performances, complaints are low Weeks 5, 6 and 7 in light of a .800 winning %...  Although the combined 27 yards rushing Cadillac Williams, Jerome Harrison and Willis McGahee gave me in Game 1 of Week 5, which I lost 49-0, surely blew, and Jason Witten that week and all three weeks had proven to be a very mediocre fantasy option.  Week 6 Kellen Winslow had a weak game; with a gimpy (and still mysterious) injury sustained on a 3-yard pass Sammy Morris left a game in which he would have wreaked havoc, instead letting Laurence Maroney reap the reward and probably pass him on the depth chart, and another player that I used that week and all three weeks, Jason Elam, disappointed terribly.  Last week, Josh Johnson, Cadillac Williams, Jason Elam again and Hines Ward, the last of whom can be forgiven given the utterly fantastic year he is having, all almost contributed to pooping on the parade.

CBFL
I sit in first, so, again, not much to complain about...  By and large, it is the usual suspects:  Willie Parker for losing his job to Mendenhall; Steve Smith of the Panthers, Santana Moss and Kellen Winslow for utter inconsistency; John Kasay for kicking for a lousy team, and Reggie Bush for continuing to be one of the bigger busts ever.  Each of them, aside from Kasay and Bush though, I must admit, has had redemptive moments.  Here's to hoping for more... for all...
Takamine305
Head Coach
Fmr. CBFLer
Champ - '09
# 539

I love ''the Gridiron''!

takamine0889   LWOOD88
View Profile

« Reply #8 on: Nov 10th, 2009, 3:26pm »

/sigh

Houshmanzadeh is houshmanstinkeh

Slaton was Fluke

where u at this past week Desean Jackson?!?!?  WTH?!?

When a defining moment comes...you can either define the moment or let the moment define you!!
Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #9 on: Nov 27th, 2009, 3:02pm »

Football didn't "go down" very well on Thanksgiving for the old Stegger...
Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #10 on: Dec 9th, 2009, 12:41am »

Oh, bad luck, Week "13"...  Boy, did the Vikings screw me... I could have been just one game out of 2nd in the GBRFL if they just could have held the Cardinals to - I know this is difficult now - 27... Is that really asking too much?  And, what they did to me in the CBFL... is a crime in some states, I think.  If not, it ought to be.
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

Previous topic|Next topic

Fantasyfootballer.com's Gridiron » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.1!
YaBB 2000-2002,
Xnull. All Rights Reserved.

Most smilies provided by "MySmilies.com", "Jason's Smiley Collection" or "Clicksmilies.com".
"the Gridiron" Copyright 2002-2016 - Product of FantasyFootballer.com. All rights reserved.