In remembrance of 9/11/01

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Nov 24th, 2017, 3:40pm EST

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members GamesGames Login Login Register Register
Fantasyfootballer.com's Gridiron "between the 20's Fantasy MVP's of the Week"

"Welcome to 'the Gridiron'... Fantasy football at its best!"

Fantasy Football News Feed Co-commissioner Services Add "the Gridiron" to your site
Lend a hand... Make a donation to "the Gridiron"!!!
   Fantasyfootballer.com's Gridiron
   the Gridiron
   between the 20's
(Moderators: Replay Official, Side Judge, Line Judge, Umpire, Head Linesman, Back Judge, Field Judge, Referee)
   "between the 20's Fantasy MVP's of the Week"
Previous topic|Next topic
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: "between the 20's Fantasy MVP's of the Week"  (Read 3438 times)
Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer
Champ - '94, '99, '02, '04

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

"between the 20's Fantasy MVP's of the Week"
« on: Sep 15th, 2009, 2:32am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Here is another one of our fun participatory threads here "between the 20's".  It is called "between the 20's Fantasy MVP's of the Week".  Here, you are to list your key player(s) for the week, the one or ones that were key to your victory(ies).  I really think we can have some fun with this! You can expect this to be up by Wednesday from here on out!  HAVE FUN, fellas!!!

There is also a complementary weekly thread to this one for the opposite circumstance:  "between the 20's Weekly Bitchin'"!!!  Make sure to check it out!!!
DirkDiggler
Gridiron Great
GBRFLer
Champ - '14
# 5

View Profile

Re: "between the 20's Fantasy MVP's of the Week"
« Reply #1 on: Sep 21st, 2009, 10:19pm »

The tides turned this week for my GBRFL team, no thanks to my defensive units.

Props to Frank Gore with 207 yards and two LONG TDs.
He out rushed my competitions 3 RBs combined yards.

A close second goes to Phillip Rivers. 430+ Yards and 2 TDs. He out passed the same competitors 2 starting QB total yards and TDs combined (one of which was Tom Brady)

« Last Edit: Sep 22nd, 2009, 5:53am by DirkDiggler » Logged

"Every rule has an exception....the exception can't become the rule"
Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #2 on: Sep 25th, 2009, 5:00am »

Game balls for Weeks 1 & 2 for the Stegeman Foundation...

GBRFL

Week 1 (1-1) - How much good can there really be to say over a split opening week?  The game I won was really a credit to an overall team effort, not any one standout.  Of course, the same applies to the one I lost.  The team in the game I won was, and a game ball to each, QB's Ben Roethlisberger and Chad Pennington, RB's Ryan Grant, Cedric Benson and Willis McGahee, RC's Hines Ward, Jason Witten and Tony Gonzalez, PK Lawrence Tynes, and DU Pittsburgh Steelers.  An extra thumbs up to McGahee who is proving to be one of the absolute steals of the GBRFL restocking draft and really came up with an unexpectedly solid performance.  BUT, THAT SAID, it actually, really wasn't who was on the field that won me the game.  It was who wasN'T:  RB Sammy Morris and RC Anthony Gonzalez.  Since, for very different reasons mind you (one that cost the former his roster spot), they did not touch the ball and record a stat, GBRFL "cascading" kicked in, allowing McGahee and Ward to be in my lineup in their respective places.  Whew! "Thanks", guys! ...

Week 2 (0-2) - Suffice it to say, if I didn't have any outstanding performers to lionize Week 1, when I actually one a game, how much less good is there for me to say for a winless week?  I don't even have any "non-performers" (see above) to give some love to.  Game balls to NONE!  All I can say on a positive note about/through Week 2 is that I am ecstatic about the trade I made, Hakeem Nicks for Cadillac Williams (regardless of the latter's overall Week 2 stat line); McGahee's comeback... and then some; Tony G's absolute consistency despite the team change, and the fact that I got the two guys I wanted in free-agency, Steve Smith (Giants) and John Carlson.  I really think Smith has a chance to become "the guy" in New York (Manningham is the sidekick) and getting him while dealing Nicks the same week was,... well,... how can I put it?  I love it when a plan comes together! Let me also give props to him for a fantastic Week 2 showing.  I just wish it could have contributed to a victory.

CBFL

Week 1 (92.4 points) - Solid week...  Two very distinct... and distinctive game balls:  QB Drew Brees and RB Thomas Jones!!! Way to open the season, guys!

Week 2 (116.6 points) - Best in the league Week 2! Game ball goes, without a doubt, to TE Dallas Clark,... who, MIND YOU, cost me one of my Week 2 games in the GBRFL, though, and whose performance I would have, thus, GLADLY traded in since I had Winslow anyway, who had a great day. Be that as it may, I have him in this league, and how can I not give the guy some serious love?  183 yards and a touchdown out of a tight-end...  Are you kidding me?  Honorable mention goes to QB Drew Brees, WR Marques Colston, and PK Lawrence Tynes.  We're sitting in 2nd, boyz!!!
Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #3 on: Oct 11th, 2009, 1:14am »

GBRFL
Weeks 3 and 4 I went 1-3, so there is not a whole lot to cheer about.  Steve Smith (Giants), what a pickup he's ended up being (Week 2).  Game balls to him both weeks.  Week 3, games balls to a good portion of my starting running back corps, a group that is really starting to come together, Grant, Benson, and McGahee.  Honorable mention to Hines Ward, a guy who just keeps on chuggin', and Jason Witten for a solid game.  Week 4 and a victory, props to a whole list, headed by the aforementioned Smith and complemented by Big Ben at QB, RB's Caddy, Harrison and Benson, and RC Hines Ward.  Nice team effort and win!  Here are some game balls... ...

CBFL
Though bodies are flying around around me, I stay put in the standings... Two okay weeks yield the following notable efforts and game balls:  Week 3 - QB Favre, RB Parker, Santana Moss and TE Clark; Week 4 - QB Favre, and we'll say a combination of WR's Moss and Hines Ward. ...  Let's turn up the heat... on FIRST PLACE... starting this week, boyz!!!
Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #4 on: Nov 1st, 2009, 12:04am »

GBRFL
During a three-week span in which the Ruthless Burgers went 4-1 and that saw us, alas, hit the .500 mark and the top half of the standings, there were a number of efforts worth celebrating...  Week 5, kudos to the combined efforts of Ben Roethlisberger and Josh Johnson at quarterback; Hines Ward and Steve Smith at receiver; Cedric Benson rushing, and the Vikings and Steelers DU's.  Week 6, the big guns at the big positions stepped it up:  Roethlisberger, Grant, Ward, the Steelers DU and along with a solid performance out of Cadillac Williams.  Week 7 was ALL ABOUT MONSTER performances from Cedric Benson and Ryan Grant, and a fairly huge performance out of that Steelers DU, all of which contributed to the 5-6 Ruthless Burgers defeating the 9-1 first-place team!

CBFL
With my finally pulling into 1st place Week 5 and remaining there to date, the accolades are numerous... and variant given the "team" effort this squad exemplifies...  Week 5 it was Kyle Orton, Michael Turner, Thomas Jones, Hines Ward, Kellen Winslow, Lawrence Tynes and the Vikings D/ST.  Week 6 it was Drew Brees, Thomas Jones, Marques Colston and Hines Ward.  Week 7 it was Drew Brees, Thomas Jones, Marques Colston, Dallas Clark and the Vikes.  In the driver's seat, fellaz...
Takamine305
Head Coach
Fmr. CBFLer
Champ - '09
# 539

I love ''the Gridiron''!

takamine0889   LWOOD88
View Profile

« Reply #5 on: Nov 10th, 2009, 3:24pm »

I hope u enjoyed your short-lived "driver's seat" moment!!

Thanks to Kurt Warner and company (no jets D this week) I believe Tak should be taking a commanding CBFL lead through week 9!!

Kurt Warner - MVP

When a defining moment comes...you can either define the moment or let the moment define you!!
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

Previous topic|Next topic

Fantasyfootballer.com's Gridiron » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.1!
YaBB 2000-2002,
Xnull. All Rights Reserved.

Most smilies provided by "MySmilies.com", "Jason's Smiley Collection" or "Clicksmilies.com".
"the Gridiron" Copyright 2002-2016 - Product of FantasyFootballer.com. All rights reserved.