In remembrance of 9/11/01

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Apr 18th, 2024, 1:55pm EST

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members GamesGames Login Login Register Register
Fantasyfootballer.com's Gridiron Steg, got an offer you no canna refuse

"Welcome to 'the Gridiron'... Fantasy football at its best!"

LeagueStation.com               Co-commissioner Services

Lend a hand...  Make a contribution to help keep "the Gridiron @FantasyFootballer.com" up and independently running!!!
   Fantasyfootballer.com's Gridiron
   the Gridiron
   the Sidelines
(Moderators: Umpire, Back Judge, Head Linesman, Referee, Field Judge, Replay Official, Side Judge, Line Judge)
   Steg, got an offer you no canna refuse
Previous topic|Next topic
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Steg, got an offer you no canna refuse  (Read 519 times)
FourTwoOh
Fantasy Field General
# 10

View Profile Email

Steg, got an offer you no canna refuse
« on: Oct 25th, 2002, 3:00pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

You told me in the past that my little buddy Beatnik was a creation of yours. Can you point me in the right direction on how to create these little buggers? I have several graphical programs, Photo Shop, etc and I'd love to create a set of NFL helmet emoticons that I would give to you. Doable?
Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer
Champ - '94, '99, '02, '04

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

Re: Steg, got an offer you no canna refuse
« Reply #1 on: Oct 26th, 2002, 6:12am »

First off, FourTwoOh, I want to thank you for even making such an offer.  If you are really to do this, it would be an incredible and unexpected contribution to "the Gridiron".  But, really, it is the thought that counts.

To answer your question (substantively), I must make a confession first. My boy "Jam master " (orig. "Beatnik") came about TOTALLY by accident.  I was actually looking to make a smiley for the emotion scared as I could not find one over at mysmilies.com at first (I must have been rushing and overlooked it because I eventually found one quite easily actually).  At any rate, I just could not pull it off, making a "scared" one that is.  But, I noticed that what I was producing looked vaguely like something else familiar to me.  What it turned out to be was "Jam master". (the original "Beatnik") As for software, though I, too, have Adobe Photoshop on an old laptop back in the States, all I have here in the ROK is the basic Paint program which comes with Windows.  I literally just cut and pasted a "smiley" (symbol) from Word into Paint and began tinkering.  I am actually (partially) responsible for a couple others here at "the Gridiron":   and .  They were made by cutting and pasting and messing around with and modifying pre-existing smilies.  Again, I did ALL of this with just Paint, so my knowledge of software relevant to this specific task is, well, limited.

As a result of my being a complete novice here, I, myself, am not going to be very useful as a resource.  As for "resourceful" tutorials, http://www.mysmilies.com/ provides one.  It is worth taking a look at, BUT in the end substantively it will not help you much more than my commentary above.  As a matter of fact, it fails even to mention the shortcut of cutting and pasting a symbol smiley from Word. Guess the "rain wizards" want to keep their magic scrolls to themselves.  Here is the link to that tutorial, at any rate:  http://www.mysmilies.com/?archive=tips.  You then have to click on either "Paint Shop Pro" or IRONICALLY "Paint"!

Besides that, I guess you could try some searches at the engines.  I just tried a couple at Yahoo.  Nothing very fruitful, I regret to inform you.  I do hope you pull this off, though.  There seems to be a paucity of sports-related smilies, in general, and football-related ones, in particular.  I guess the kinds of dudes making smilies aren't spending too much time watching or caring about football.  What can you expect?

In any case, if you do need my help, LET ME KNOW.  This is a GREAT idea and I sincerely think your group of smilies would be an awesome addition to "the Gridiron".  I really do hope you succeed!  Thanks, at any rate!
« Last Edit: Nov 17th, 2002, 4:58am by Stegfucius » Logged
Philly
UFF Primetime Prophet
# 29

Pay, I said pay attention, son.

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #2 on: Oct 26th, 2002, 1:19pm »

Great idea FourTwoOh!  I personally use Paint Shop Pro for all of my graphic adventures.  If you're looking for help in the off-season, let me know!

I imagine the easiest way to do it would be to copy Steg's swollen head smiley and just start putting helmets on them (although you may want to squeeze the sides in a bit so it's not so round).  You'd just have to decide if you wanted a heads-on view or a profile.  If you want the profile, any graphics program should allow you to erase the face pretty easily.
FourTwoOh
Fantasy Field General
# 10

View Profile Email

« Reply #3 on: Oct 26th, 2002, 2:01pm »

Steg and Philly, thanks for the encouragement. Not promisin'them by the end of the week , but will get 'em done. Be shootin for ones that represnt the poster's here allegances first.  

Few more questions, but I'll go look over the tutorials first.
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

Previous topic|Next topic

Fantasyfootballer.com's Gridiron » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.1!
YaBB © 2000-2002,
Xnull. All Rights Reserved.

Most smilies provided by "MySmilies.com", "Jason's Smiley Collection" or "Clicksmilies.com".
"the Gridiron" Copyright © 2002-2023 - Product of FantasyFootballer.com. All rights reserved.