In remembrance of 9/11/01

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Nov 24th, 2017, 4:27am EST

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members GamesGames Login Login Register Register
Fantasyfootballer.com's Gridiron What time is Karma 101 with Prof Steegie-San

"Welcome to 'the Gridiron'... Fantasy football at its best!"

Fantasy Football News Feed Co-commissioner Services Add "the Gridiron" to your site
Lend a hand... Make a donation to "the Gridiron"!!!
   Fantasyfootballer.com's Gridiron
   the Gridiron
   the Sidelines
(Moderators: Replay Official, Side Judge, Line Judge, Umpire, Head Linesman, Back Judge, Field Judge, Referee)
   What time is Karma 101 with Prof Steegie-San
Previous topic|Next topic
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: What time is Karma 101 with Prof Steegie-San  (Read 22355 times)
Drew Rosenhaus
GM
GBRFLer
Champ - '93, '03, '07, '12
# 54

View Profile

Re: What time is Karma 101 with Prof Steegie-San
« Reply #150 on: Oct 18th, 2010, 9:20pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

A W E S O M E!  Have a great trip Steve - you deserve it! Provide a full report when possible.

She turned me into a newt!
A newt?
I got better. Burn her anyway!
Philly
UFF Primetime Prophet
# 29

Pay, I said pay attention, son.

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #151 on: Nov 24th, 2010, 8:04am »

on Oct 14th, 2010, 5:02pm, StegRock wrote:
...Gino and Monica Marie are headed to South Korea this Saturday for a month.

Hope your wife and child are safe (and in a safe place away from any action).
Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer
Champ - '94, '99, '02, '04

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #152 on: Nov 25th, 2010, 1:33am »

Thanks for the well wishes, Jeff, on Thanksgiving eve no less. Yes, all is well. I spoke with them last night. As it goes over there - as I used to tell yous when I was there - our media always makes things seem worse than they actually are on the ground. By and large, from what Gino said, all is normal there. The day-to-day presses on. The attack was limited to that tiny island that butts right up with the North. I feel for the loss of life and the destruction of homes. We probably are in for some cantankerousness out of the North given the impending regime change from crazy father to loony son, who will want to "establish" himself. There is a power struggle going on there behind the scenes according to my wife. ...  Anyway, again, Jeff, thank you for thinking of us.
« Last Edit: Nov 25th, 2010, 1:34am by Stegfucius » Logged
DirkDiggler
Gridiron Great
GBRFLer
Champ - '14
# 5

View Profile

« Reply #153 on: Nov 25th, 2010, 8:40am »

on Nov 25th, 2010, 1:33am, StegRock wrote:
Thanks for the well wishes, Jeff, on Thanksgiving eve no less. Yes, all is well. I spoke with them last night. As it goes over there - as I used to tell yous when I was there - our media always makes things seem worse than they actually are on the ground. By and large, from what Gino said, all is normal there. The day-to-day presses on. The attack was limited to that tiny island that butts right up with the North. I feel for the loss of life and the destruction of homes. We probably are in for some cantankerousness out of the North given the impending regime change from crazy father to loony son, who will want to "establish" himself. There is a power struggle going on there behind the scenes according to my wife. ... Anyway, again, Jeff, thank you for thinking of us.

Glad to hear they are ok...... You all are definitely in my thoughts.   It is crazy what the North Korean leaders will do.  I guess they figure as long as China sticks by them, they can do whatever the hell they want

On a side note, I wonder how true the reports are that the South Koreans want our military back in bigger force. Didn't they desperately want us to leave a few years back (except for the DMZ of course)?
« Last Edit: Nov 25th, 2010, 10:49am by DirkDiggler » Logged

"Every rule has an exception....the exception can't become the rule"
Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #154 on: Nov 25th, 2010, 1:20pm »

on Nov 25th, 2010, 8:40am, DirkDiggler wrote:
Glad to hear they are ok...... You all are definitely in my thoughts. It is crazy what the North Korean leaders will do. I guess they figure as long as China sticks by them, they can do whatever the hell they want

... and we are not helping matters further indebting ourselves to China.

Quote:
On a side note, I wonder how true the reports are that the South Koreans want our military back in bigger force. Didn't they desperately want us to leave a few years back (except for the DMZ of course)?

Yea, that claim is unbelievable.  However, I guess what is meant is that they would like us to roll in for now, like the flex of a bicep, but then go away when things calm back down... as they always do.
Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #155 on: Jun 1st, 2011, 1:10am »

Got my first BIG-time essay publication in a journal...  Received this today...

Dear Steve,

I am delighted to report that we intend to include your article 'Unfolding Mozi's Standard of Sound Doctrine' in the forthcoming issue of the journal - August 2011, Volume 21 Number 3.

You will be alerted when the proofs are available for you on the publisher's website.

I think we have all we need to proceed with publication, but I'll be in touch if there's anything more we need.

Best wishes,

Brian

Brian Carr
Joint Editor, Asian Philosophy

Link to journal - http://www.tandf.co.uk/journals/titles/09552367.asp

WOO-HOO!!!
Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #156 on: Aug 10th, 2011, 11:51pm »

This is related to the post right above...  I thought you all (whatever I mean by "all" around here anymore, I don't know; heck, I am not even sure what I mean by "you" ) might enjoy seeing this... http://philosophy.siuc.edu/ (scroll down, bottom right).  Meanwhile, I am staring down the barrel of the BIG 10-hour "final" exam next week... Will it be Ph.D. candidate Steg in a couple weeks or not?
DirkDiggler
Gridiron Great
GBRFLer
Champ - '14
# 5

View Profile

« Reply #157 on: Aug 11th, 2011, 2:17am »

on Aug 10th, 2011, 11:51pm, StegRock wrote:
This is related to the post right above... I thought you all (whatever I mean by "all" around here anymore, I don't know; heck, I am not even sure what I mean by "you" ) might enjoy seeing this... http://philosophy.siuc.edu/ (scroll down, bottom right). Meanwhile, I am staring down the barrel of the BIG 10-hour "final" exam next week... Will it be Ph.D. candidate Steg in a couple weeks or not?

Congrats on the write up on the website.

Best of luck Steve!!! I somehow think it will go well!!!
« Last Edit: Aug 11th, 2011, 2:19am by DirkDiggler » Logged

"Every rule has an exception....the exception can't become the rule"
Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #158 on: Aug 11th, 2011, 2:57pm »

on Aug 11th, 2011, 2:17am, DirkDiggler wrote:
Congrats on the write up on the website.

Thanks, Stevo!

Quote:
Best of luck Steve!!! I somehow think it will go well!!!

I think so, too... But, remember I specialize in all the non-traditional stuff, Eastern thought, and, even on the Western side of the ball, I mainly do Wojtyla. NONE of this will be on the exam... That stuff is just a side dish to the History of Western Philosophy that we have to know. This is the predicament a person with interests like mine, who wants to study the material in the light of Philosophy and not Religious Studies, has to endure. Indeed, most professors in Philosophy Departments who do the Eastern stuff do not have their higher degrees, their Ph.D.'s at least, in Philosophy. They typically have their degrees in Religious Studies or Asian Studies or something like that. To wit, my guy, Dr. Berger here at SIU has his Ph.D. in Religious Studies, and remember that I too wound up in a "Philosophy and Religion" program for a year of my graduate school career. Anyway, bottom line, if you want to do the Eastern stuff or a "seemingly" more theological figure like Wojtyla in a Philosophy Department, you have to know that that is a side dish and you still have to know all the regular Philosophy stuff. Anyway, I will be happy when I am just dissertating, and I hope that that is not delayed any further.
« Last Edit: Aug 11th, 2011, 3:26pm by Stegfucius » Logged
Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #159 on: Aug 15th, 2011, 6:58pm »

This is related to the post right above... I thought you all (whatever I mean by "all" around here anymore, I don't know; heck, I am not even sure what I mean by "you" ) might enjoy seeing this... http://philosophy.siuc.edu/ (scroll down, bottom right). Meanwhile, I am staring down the barrel of the BIG 10-hour "final" exam next week... Will it be Ph.D. candidate Steg in a couple weeks or not?

Well, Day 1, metaphysics and epistemology, is over with,... and I am mentally drained.  I think it went well...  We'll see... Now it is on to Ethics, Social and Political Philosophy, and Aesthetics...  Still doing a little,... especially now that I kind of better know what to expect.  Well, over and OUT...
Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #160 on: Aug 17th, 2011, 3:52pm »

DONE... and hopefully "one and... done."  EX-HAUST-ED... Talk to you all soon...  Ready for some...
Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #161 on: Sep 10th, 2011, 2:47pm »

With the lull in NFL football, let me share this with yous...

on Jun 1st, 2011, 1:10am, StegRock wrote:
Got my first BIG-time essay publication in a journal...  Received this today...

Dear Steve,

I am delighted to report that we intend to include your article 'Unfolding Mozi's Standard of Sound Doctrine' in the forthcoming issue of the journal - August 2011, Volume 21 Number 3.

You will be alerted when the proofs are available for you on the publisher's website.

I think we have all we need to proceed with publication, but I'll be in touch if there's anything more we need.

Best wishes,

Brian

Brian Carr
Joint Editor, Asian Philosophy

Link to journal - http://www.tandf.co.uk/journals/titles/09552367.asp

WOO-HOO!!!

This is related to the post right above... I thought you all (whatever I mean by "all" around here anymore, I don't know; heck, I am not even sure what I mean by "you" ) might enjoy seeing this... http://philosophy.siuc.edu/ (scroll down, bottom right).

Well, guys and gals, this story just keeps getting better and better (and more and more ironic for those in the know as to my trials and tribulations over the last five or so months, and I am not talking about the doctoral prelim exam)...  To recap, I recently succeed in getting an essay published in a big-time (top-four) journal in my field, which in academia is a feather,... nay,... a plume in my cap, especially since I am not yet even ABD (All But Dissertation)!  I just thought, especially as just a Ph.D. student, that my piece would be tucked in somewhere in the middle or even toward the end of the issue.  Well, when it came out, there is immediate access to the on-line version, and, when I went to the page for the "current issue", let's just put it this way: I did NOT have to scroll!  Here is the link; you can see what I mean yourself: http://www.tandfonline.com/toc/casp20/current.  Sequencing is not chosen willy-nilly, mind you.  I could not believe my eyes. I know some of the other authors.  They are professors, with doctorates.  This is BIG!  BUT, get this...  The story gets even better...  I, just for the fun of it, click on the link for the "Most Read" articles for the journal.  When I did this, I saw one particular essay on the list by a former colleague of mine back at UH who is still a Ph.D. student like myself (actually, she is a candidate) and was curious to take a look at it when I had a little free time.  So, I returned to the "Most Read" section yesterday for that purpose, and, 'lo and behold, just THREE days into publication mind you (the date of publication is 9/6/11), what was (already) on that list?  My essay (the only one from the current issue, mind you)!  Here is a link to that: http://www.tandfonline.com/action/showMostReadArticles?journalCode=casp2 0.  Suffice it to say, I am flabbergasted!  I guess now I am just waiting for the fallout. Anyway, UNbelievable, and the backstory, which is a little long to be explaining here, only makes it WAY more so!
DOLFAN
Red Zone Master
GBRFLer
# 25

I love ''the Gridiron''!

jomrfootbl@aol
View Profile Email

« Reply #162 on: Sep 11th, 2011, 2:34am »

Congrats Steg!!!!!!!!!! I'm sure this is really Huge for you.  
I would like to say that I ...and we...collectively are happy for you and proud of you. You have worked very hard and I'm certain that this is just the beginning of many more articles that you will get published in your future.
I know that you mom and wife and proud too.  

COINGRATS again Steg!!

GO TONY, GO TONY, GO TONY!
Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #163 on: Sep 13th, 2011, 2:35am »

Thanks for the kind words of support, Joe...

on Sep 10th, 2011, 2:47pm, StegRock wrote:
So, I returned to the "Most Read" section yesterday for that purpose, and, 'lo and behold, just THREE days into publication mind you (the date of publication is 9/6/11), what was (already) on that list? My essay (the only one from the current issue, mind you)! Here is a link to that: http://www.tandfonline.com/action/showMostReadArticles?journalCode=casp2 0. Suffice it to say, I am flabbergasted! I guess now I am just waiting for the fallout.

Well, I debuted at #14.  I am now looking to break the Top 10, currently sitting at #11!!!
Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #164 on: Sep 17th, 2011, 1:41pm »

All, what a roller-coaster ride the Steggies were on yesterday!!!  It truly was the good, the bad and the ugly!!!  Perhaps more precisely put, and put in order of occurrence, it was the ridiculously half-baked, the incredulously half-bad (thank God, only half), and the, yet again in the world of Steg, semi-triumphant AND, moreover, TOTALLY ironic. It ALL just happened in one 24-hour period this time.  Life, when truly pressed, shows itself to be the theater of the absurd that it ultimately is and that almost all are ultimately lulled into, and I guess I am getting better at "acting" in this absurd theater... and hastening things along.

Bottom line, right now, it is ALL VERY in flux.  When the dust finally settles, I will probably give you all a glimpse into it all.  IN ANY EVENT, the thing is, the effects of these developments will surely be felt here on "the Gridiron" and in the GBRFL.  In other words, what was once looking like one of the easiest autumns I have had in a looooong time, one during which I envisioned really kicking back a little bit and enjoying life and football at a little slower pace and sinking my teeth back into here, has actually - believe it or not - likely turned into the greatest pressure-cooker I will have ever had to endure, both for the bad and, ironically, for the good.
Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #165 on: Sep 23rd, 2011, 7:29pm »

on Sep 13th, 2011, 2:35am, StegRock wrote:
Thanks for the kind words of support, Joe...

Well, I debuted at #14.  I am now looking to break the Top 10, currently sitting at #11!!!

I need a(nother) little (ironic) pick-me-up these days...

After dropping a few spots over several days, I have cracked the Top 10!!!  "Unfolding Mozi's Standard of Sound Doctrine" currently sits at #10: http://www.tandfonline.com/action/showMostReadArticles?journalCode=casp2 0.

Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #166 on: Sep 28th, 2011, 12:25pm »

Guys, I am headed into one of the hugest meetings of my life here at high noon (local time).  Please send me some good vibrations.  (Any pending IM's I will respond to this afternoon.  I apologize for delaying.  At the moment, though, my mind is just elsewhere; my heart is beating fairly rapidly, and, frankly speaking, I am a bit lightheaded.)  Just wish me some good luck, please...
Drew Rosenhaus
GM
GBRFLer
# 54

View Profile

« Reply #167 on: Sep 28th, 2011, 1:26pm »

It will be a good meeting Steve - hang tough, friend.

A newt?
Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #168 on: Sep 30th, 2011, 2:39pm »

Things with the meeting went smoothly, by the way.  I have another next week, though, which will be more "informative".  Meanwhile,...

on Sep 23rd, 2011, 7:29pm, StegRock wrote:
I need a(nother) little (ironic) pick-me-up these days...

After dropping a few spots over several days, I have cracked the Top 10!!! "Unfolding Mozi's Standard of Sound Doctrine" currently sits at #10: http://www.tandfonline.com/action/showMostReadArticles?journalCode=casp2 0.

... I have moved up to #9!
Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #169 on: Nov 12th, 2011, 2:23pm »

After some ups-and-downs, my article at the moment sits at... #8: http://www.tandfonline.com/action/showMostReadArticles?journalCode=casp2 0!!! Honestly, I canNOT believe and am totally humbled by this.
DOLFAN
Red Zone Master
GBRFLer
# 25

I love ''the Gridiron''!

jomrfootbl@aol
View Profile Email

« Reply #170 on: Nov 12th, 2011, 5:00pm »

Congrats Steg!!! Still going strong. I hope you make it to the top 5!!!

GO TONY, GO TONY, GO TONY!
Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #171 on: Nov 19th, 2011, 1:27pm »

Thanks, Joe!

The piece is now up to #7 all-time!!!
Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #172 on: Nov 22nd, 2011, 2:51pm »

... #6!!!
Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #173 on: Jan 5th, 2012, 12:45pm »

Quick, but crucial hit here this morn...  For those in the know (or who can put two and two together) and who care, you will know what this means...  PASSED!!! ...
Drew Rosenhaus
GM
GBRFLer
# 54

View Profile

« Reply #174 on: Jan 7th, 2012, 3:21pm »

HUGE NEWS STEGGIE!!! Congrats from all of us in Denver - (soon to be) Professor Steg!!!

A newt?
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

Previous topic|Next topic

Fantasyfootballer.com's Gridiron » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.1!
YaBB 2000-2002,
Xnull. All Rights Reserved.

Most smilies provided by "MySmilies.com", "Jason's Smiley Collection" or "Clicksmilies.com".
"the Gridiron" Copyright 2002-2016 - Product of FantasyFootballer.com. All rights reserved.