In remembrance of 9/11/01

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Nov 17th, 2017, 2:21pm EST

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members GamesGames Login Login Register Register
Fantasyfootballer.com's Gridiron Happy Thanksgiving, Gridiron Gang!

"Welcome to 'the Gridiron'... Fantasy football at its best!"

Fantasy Football News Feed Co-commissioner Services Add "the Gridiron" to your site
Lend a hand... Make a donation to "the Gridiron"!!!
   Fantasyfootballer.com's Gridiron
   the Gridiron
   the Sidelines
(Moderators: Replay Official, Side Judge, Line Judge, Umpire, Head Linesman, Back Judge, Field Judge, Referee)
   Happy Thanksgiving, Gridiron Gang!
Previous topic|Next topic
Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Happy Thanksgiving, Gridiron Gang!  (Read 6307 times)
FourTwoOh
Fantasy Field General
# 10

View Profile Email

Happy Thanksgiving, Gridiron Gang!
« on: Nov 28th, 2002, 12:48am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Be safe. Be full.
« Last Edit: Nov 22nd, 2007, 5:30am by Stegfucius » Logged
Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer
Champ - '94, '99, '02, '04

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

Re: Happy Thanksgiving gang!
« Reply #1 on: Nov 28th, 2002, 1:18am »

- - -

BarnabyWilde
Gridiron Great
CBFL Champ - '04
# 24

Hey Rock!Watch me pull the Gridiron out of my hat!

nygiants4life56   bpbagwell
View Profile Email

« Reply #2 on: Nov 28th, 2002, 1:38am »

Have a safe and filling Thanksgiving!

New York Giants...WORLD CHAMPS!!!!
paulinstl
Head Coach
# 4

View Profile

« Reply #3 on: Nov 28th, 2002, 1:40pm »

In that order! Happy T-Day, guys.
DirkDiggler
Gridiron Great
GBRFLer
Champ - '14
# 5

View Profile

« Reply #4 on: Nov 28th, 2002, 8:23pm »

I am a glutton for punishment!!  Too much food!!

But I tell you what, I went down to feed the less fortunate yesterday in DC.  3,000 people served.  The most amazing thing was how much they appreciated the meal we served.  They did not complain about anything.

It truly does make me appreciate the things my family has.  And how fortunate I was to live the live I have lived!   And to think I bitch about traffic, my fantasy football team, how I missed lunch, etc....  How petty!

Anyways, I hope everyone had a happy thanksgiving.

"Every rule has an exception....the exception can't become the rule"
Philly
UFF Primetime Prophet
# 29

Pay, I said pay attention, son.

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #5 on: Dec 4th, 2002, 10:35am »

on Nov 28th, 2002, 8:23pm, DirkDiggler wrote:
I am a glutton for punishment!! Too much food!!

But I tell you what, I went down to feed the less fortunate yesterday in DC. 3,000 people served. The most amazing thing was how much they appreciated the meal we served. They did not complain about anything.

It truly does make me appreciate the things my family has. And how fortunate I was to live the live I have lived! And to think I bitch about traffic, my fantasy football team, how I missed lunch, etc.... How petty!

Anyways, I hope everyone had a happy thanksgiving.

You're a good man DirkDiggler.  Always good to hear about others' volunteer efforts.
Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

Re: Happy Thanksgiving '04, Gridiron Gang!
« Reply #6 on: Nov 24th, 2004, 10:48pm »

HAPPY THANKSGIVING, fellas!!!

With "respect" to you all,...

This Thanksgiving I would like to reiterate the thanks I have given many a time around here...  That is... my thanks to all of you, all of you that help me make this place what it is and is to become, all of you who contribute (what you can) just out of the goodness in your hearts to help keep the place going (forward).  I am so very thankful to have a bunch of guys, who appreciate what I am doing here, part of the effort.  Thanks, guys... and gals!  Enjoy the parade; enjoy the turkey; ... enjoy your families!  Oh, yea, and ENJOY THE FOOTBALL!!! ...
Ghostrider
Tackling Dummy
# 419

mikeymike59   daddymike59
View Profile Email

« Reply #7 on: Nov 24th, 2004, 11:41pm »

Happy Turkey Day Ladies and gents

Hope no-one chokes on or off the field..
« Last Edit: Nov 24th, 2004, 11:43pm by Ghostrider » Logged

Lost in a time when men could piss in the front yard and it was cool.
Callie
Gridiron Great
# 219

Go, Gridironettes!

calliewall  
View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #8 on: Nov 25th, 2004, 12:31am »

I feel that I'm one of the luckiest people who has ever lived in the history of humans.  I didn't do it.  I just got lucky.

For Thanksgiving, I hope that everyone who protects us has the best day of their lives to date and many better days to come.

Luck to us all.

“If life gives you lemons make orange juice. Let the rest of the world figure out how you did it.”
Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

Re: Happy Thanksgiving '05, Gridiron Gang!
« Reply #9 on: Nov 24th, 2005, 1:56am »

Well, another year to be grateful for hath passed, and, hopefully, unlike all of your respective Thanksgiving-day meals, it's time to upchuck this old thread back up, which, true story mind you, makes me reminisce about that special Thanksgiving about some 18 years ago or so when (great) aunt Ann (long gone now) threw up right at the table of the Thanksgiving-day feast. It was very white, mostly creamed onions... and bile it appeared...  Now,... off,... off!  Enjoy your mashed creamed corn and mashed sweet potatoes, fellas. ... ... ...  Anyway, we have this tradition in our (teeny-tiny and yet widely dispersed) family called "Naming of the Bird" where at the end of the meal (assuming we are all at the same table, in the same room, in the same house, at the same address, in the same town or city, in the same country,... hell,... on the same continent) we all join hands and "christen" that year's turkey with a "name".  That year, it was "Gobble Gobble Godfrey"!

Really, though, I want to extend a "Happy Thanksgiving" to all of my fellow Gridironers here.  Every time I visit the "(slowly but surely getting) old" site here, I am so grateful to have all of you helping me push this "effort" along and see this thing through. Now, really, go enjoy some turkey AND FOOTBALL!!!
MordecaiCourage

Email

« Reply #10 on: Nov 24th, 2005, 11:45am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Happy Thanksgiving Ya'll !
« Last Edit: Nov 24th, 2005, 11:48am by MordecaiCourage » Logged
Walker Boh
Fantasy Field General
# 34

It's ELWAY or the highway.

walkerboh74   joskojw
View Profile

« Reply #11 on: Nov 24th, 2005, 12:40pm »

Happy Thanksgiving!

GO BRONCOS
KillerKingSting
Gridiron Great
# 183

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile

« Reply #12 on: Nov 24th, 2005, 12:46pm »

Happy BIRD-DAY BABE-BEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAH HOOOOOOOOO!

*BEE BYE BOE BUM!!; I SMELL THE STENCH OF SOME INSANE PLAYER SCUM.
*2004 CHUMP-ION of Insane World!!!!!
*Domination of the DUKE BEEgins right here!
Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #13 on: Nov 24th, 2005, 10:20pm »

Before we close this holiday of gratitude, I'd like to send a little love out to the (once) well-entrenched and well-esteemed Gridironer who started this thread way back when,... during the "genesis" chapter of "the Gridiron".  Our friend, FourTwoOh a.k.a. Kirk, as we all finally came to know, had a rough '05 to say the least.  He may not even read this, but I truly hope he is on the mend.  Not having him around the way he once was is truly a loss for us, but not having himself be the way he had been must be unfathomably trying.  I am thankful today for the fairly good health I've been granted...  I hope the same for our old friend Kirk...
BarnabyWilde
Gridiron Great
CBFL Champ - '04
# 24

Hey Rock!Watch me pull the Gridiron out of my hat!

nygiants4life56   bpbagwell
View Profile Email

« Reply #14 on: Nov 25th, 2005, 12:12am »

I, too, hope Kirk is as well as can be. I'd love to see him back here on the Grid! He can even have his old spot back next year in the GOTG league (well not his old spot, but one that will be vacated next year)

New York Giants...WORLD CHAMPS!!!!
MordecaiCourage

Email

Re: Happy Thanksgiving '06, Gridiron Gang!
« Reply #15 on: Nov 23rd, 2006, 12:11am »

Happy Thanksgiving Gridironers

Don't forget to be thankful for these guys!!

From your friend and fellow gridironer...MC
« Last Edit: Nov 23rd, 2006, 12:20am by MordecaiCourage » Logged
Callie
Gridiron Great
# 219

Go, Gridironettes!

calliewall  
View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #16 on: Nov 23rd, 2006, 12:15am »

Have a Happy Thanksgiving!!!!!!!!!!

“If life gives you lemons make orange juice. Let the rest of the world figure out how you did it.”
Frog Princess
Head Coach
# 577

View Profile

« Reply #17 on: Nov 23rd, 2006, 1:07am »

Happy hunting!
Happy Turkey!  
Happy Football!  
And especially....Happy after Thanksgiving Day sale shopping! (On the net! DO NOT GO OUT THERE! )

Thanks to Steg for this website, and the other contributors who work so hard, and especially to my friend Callie for making fantasy football so much fun, and to the rest of you, who I hope to get to know better. Have a great day tomorrow!

Cut class, not frogs!

steelkings

Email

« Reply #18 on: Nov 23rd, 2006, 8:28am »

Eat, Drink, Watch and Sleep!
Game_Time
Tackling Dummy
# 524

View Profile WWW

« Reply #19 on: Nov 23rd, 2006, 9:41am »

Enjoy all..... and Best Wishes!

Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #20 on: Nov 23rd, 2006, 6:03pm »

Thanksgiving,... a time to give "thanks for giving", for "thanks and giving", as well as for "thanks and forgiving".

On my part, I am thankful for a lot, all the usual general stuff, but most of all, on a personal level, an incredible mother and wife, who let me grow into the man I want to be, and my vocation of philosophy, the conduit to that growth.

Gratitude is an attitude and way of life.  It is, however, facilitated by "having right perspective" for that is how we (come to) know what truly merits a grateful attitude.  On the other hand, when gratitude is deserved, it shouldn't be manifest only at this moment or some other.  Thank yous here and there should only be upsurges of the generous and gracious attitude one always has.  That doesn't mean you ignore the facts of the matter, lay them out on the table and encourage growth or, at least, improvement among your fellow man.  As I just stated, "perspective" is the key to cultivating graciousness.  Gratitude is a two-way street.  Mere attitude, in that ("other") pejorative sense, isn't; it is a mere one-way street and probably a dead-end one at that.

Anyway, my "thanksgiving" (with mommy) will really be celebrated as per my last message here:  http://www.fantasyfootballer.com/cgi-bin/theGridiron/YaBB.cgi?board=58;a ction=display;num=1037120039;start=25.  Today, Gino's working, and I'm writing papers. It's all good, though.  While it'll be nice to someday celebrate Thanksgiving on the "correct" Thursday, I got a nice neighbor, Southern Baptist chap, who just knocked on my door in fact.  He is aware of our predicament today and wanted to make sure I didn't want to head on over with them to the dinner they are having at their church and also, moreover, wanted to confirm that he will be bringing some Thanksgiving dinner goodies back for Gino and me. The philosophers are having a get-together, too.  I'll see if I can at least drop on by.  Concerned about turkey rights discussions and tofu turkey, though. ...

Happy Thanksgiving, all!
MordecaiCourage

Email

Re: Happy Thanksgiving '07, Gridiron Gang!
« Reply #21 on: Nov 22nd, 2007, 12:38am »

Happy Thanksgiving to you all

Go get 'em Packers  

Callie
Gridiron Great
# 219

Go, Gridironettes!

calliewall  
View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #22 on: Nov 22nd, 2007, 2:12am »

Happy T-Day to all!!!

Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

Re: Happy Thanksgiving, Gridiron Gang!
« Reply #23 on: Nov 22nd, 2007, 5:50am »

Happy Thanksgiving!

I am thankful for a wonderful mother who, within reason, is happy when I'm happy, a wonderful wife who, within reason, dreams my dreams, and, not the turkey that won't be on our table as my wife puts in a day of work at work and I put in a day of work right here, but a feisty, NO-QUIT little bird that we found helpless one inclement, windy day a couple months ago that has grown into our hearts and will go on to live a very unique, unexpected life for a Bulbul bird hatched in nest somewhere around the Manoa Valley Safeway.  We didn't ask for him to begin with.  We surely didn't intend on being stuck with him.  But, boy, has this little guy helped Gino and me gain a little perspective... on the "bigger picture" and "bottom line" of my life.  Heck, I have it HARD trying to convey the "bigger picture" and "bottom line" of this web site.  But, I am thankful for the five seasons (worth of experiences) I've had here.  It's been a great run, an experience from which I've learned a ton.
steelkings

Email

Re: Happy Thanksgiving, Gridiron Gang!
« Reply #24 on: Nov 22nd, 2007, 7:58am »

Its a thanksgiving tradition

Every year as my family gathers at my house, sometimes as many as 16 people, we men prepare for the day. I bought several cases (3) of beer. Some imported and a few cheap cases of Bud Light. The Bud Light is in the aluminum bottles. The ones that are too cold to hold with the bare hand. My brother in law will bring turkeys fully cooked and ready. There will be lots of wine and lots of snacks. The big kids will go to the basement and play Guitar Hero on the Play Station 3.  I think its up to 3 now anyway. It will be Cranked way up. Its not pleasent when they miss a note.  
The adult males will do thier best to suck down all the beer. Imports first, mind you. Everyone starts to get loaded then you eat and have to start all over again. The girls will fight the entire time in the kitchen. Getting everything thats been bothering them all year off their chests. There will be several slammed doors and lots of yelling. Of course one of them will be constantly locked in the bathroom. No matter, the guys will go in the backyard and pee behind the shed. Happens every year! We wouldn't have it any other way.

To my Gridiron brothers: I hope you have a wonderful thanksgiving and I hope you have a shed to pee on.

To my Gridiron sisters: Callie and Froggie, I hope you have a wonderful thanksgiving as well. Beware...Dont go I my kitchen unless you want to get it all out.
Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

Previous topic|Next topic

Fantasyfootballer.com's Gridiron » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.1!
YaBB 2000-2002,
Xnull. All Rights Reserved.

Most smilies provided by "MySmilies.com", "Jason's Smiley Collection" or "Clicksmilies.com".
"the Gridiron" Copyright 2002-2016 - Product of FantasyFootballer.com. All rights reserved.