In remembrance of 9/11/01

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Nov 21st, 2017, 10:41pm EST

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members GamesGames Login Login Register Register
Fantasyfootballer.com's Gridiron Offseason on "the Gridiron"

"Welcome to 'the Gridiron'... Fantasy football at its best!"

Fantasy Football News Feed Co-commissioner Services Add "the Gridiron" to your site
Lend a hand... Make a donation to "the Gridiron"!!!
   Fantasyfootballer.com's Gridiron
   the Gridiron
   the Sidelines
(Moderators: Replay Official, Side Judge, Line Judge, Umpire, Head Linesman, Back Judge, Field Judge, Referee)
   Offseason on "the Gridiron"
Previous topic|Next topic
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Offseason on "the Gridiron"  (Read 5472 times)
Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer
Champ - '94, '99, '02, '04

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

Re: Offseason on "the Gridiron"
« Reply #100 on: Jan 5th, 2006, 7:18pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

on Dec 1st, 2005, 12:52pm, Philly wrote:
I'd also remove the borders from the table.

Okay,... in hindsight,... and based on the subsequent changes, to save even more room at the top of "the Gridiron" pages, I've decided to take Jeff's advice here and remove the borders that were around the "FF-specific Team Reports" section of links (also, I set the "spacing" setting to "0" for all the tables up there).  How do yous think it looks??? or
Callie
Gridiron Great
# 219

Go, Gridironettes!

calliewall  
View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #101 on: Jan 5th, 2006, 8:32pm »

“If life gives you lemons make orange juice. Let the rest of the world figure out how you did it.”
BarnabyWilde
Gridiron Great
CBFL Champ - '04
# 24

Hey Rock!Watch me pull the Gridiron out of my hat!

nygiants4life56   bpbagwell
View Profile Email

« Reply #102 on: Jan 5th, 2006, 8:48pm »

I like it!  

New York Giants...WORLD CHAMPS!!!!
Walker Boh
Fantasy Field General
# 34

It's ELWAY or the highway.

walkerboh74   joskojw
View Profile

« Reply #103 on: Jan 5th, 2006, 10:02pm »

It's much better.  
DirkDiggler
Gridiron Great
GBRFLer
Champ - '14
# 5

View Profile

« Reply #104 on: Jan 6th, 2006, 10:29am »

on Jan 5th, 2006, 10:02pm, Walker Boh wrote:
It's much better.

"Every rule has an exception....the exception can't become the rule"
MordecaiCourage

Email

« Reply #105 on: Jan 6th, 2006, 11:20am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Looks STEGariffic!
Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #106 on: Apr 15th, 2006, 5:15am »

Well, I ain't got time for anything big for yous this offseason, at least not yet. But, chance circumstance led me to a little somethin'-somethin'...  If you have "the Gridiron" index page (http://www.fantasyfootballer.com/cgi-bin/theGridiron/YaBB.cgi) bookmarked in your "Favorites" folder/menu (or any page(s) for that matter), go there/to one of them now and see what happens in your "Address" bar and then on your Favorites menu.  If nothing, delete your old bookmark and re-bookmark it and check things out.  If you have not yet bookmarked "the Gridiron", shame on you, ... but do so NOW!!!  You can even drag this sucker off your Favorites menu or out of your Address bar and have a fat and PHAT one for your desktop that will automatically open up the Grid in your browser. That way you will always be just one click away from your fantasy football home!!! ENJOY, guys!!!
DirkDiggler
Gridiron Great
GBRFLer
Champ - '14
# 5

View Profile

« Reply #107 on: Apr 15th, 2006, 5:07pm »

on Apr 15th, 2006, 5:15am, StegRock wrote:
Well, I ain't got time for anything big for yous this offseason, at least not yet. But, chance circumstance led me to a little somethin'-somethin'... If you have "the Gridiron" index page (http://www.fantasyfootballer.com/cgi-bin/theGridiron/YaBB.cgi) bookmarked in your "Favorites" folder/menu (or any page(s) for that matter), go there/to one of them now and see what happens in your "Address" bar and then on your Favorites menu. If nothing, delete your old bookmark and re-bookmark it and check things out. If you have not yet bookmarked "the Gridiron", shame on you, ... but do so NOW!!! You can even drag this sucker off your Favorites menu or out of your Address bar and have a fat and PHAT one for your desktop that will automatically open up the Grid in your browser. That way you will always be just one click away from your fantasy football home!!! ENJOY, guys!!!

I like the icon!!

Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #108 on: Apr 15th, 2006, 6:24pm »

Stevo, thanks for the kudos!

Did you happen to drag it off your "Favorites" menu or out of your "Address" bar and onto your desktop???  Having a FantasyFootballer.com/"the Gridiron" desktop icon on people's computers out there seems to give us "another level of existence".  We become able to be opened like any other program on your computer.  Furthermore, it gives you Gridironers out there a way of avoiding having to set your browser's home page on the Grid and making your families, wives and children have to go through "the Gridiron" everytime they want to get to their Avon or Tupperware web sites or Nickelodeon or The Cartoon Network web sites (although they should be going through "the Gridiron Store" for Amazon.com and Overstock.com visits ).  When the wife and kids come in, they can click on Internet Explorer, Netscape Navigator or whatever, BUT when PAPPA comes in to use the computer, he can just click on his desktop icon for "the Gridiron"!!! Really, when you drag this sucker onto your desktop, the big one looks SWEEEEET alongside all the rest of your computer's icons. Anyway,...
rickgpin
GM
# 487

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile

« Reply #109 on: Apr 15th, 2006, 10:51pm »

i like that icon! great job!

Ozark Hellbenders:TBD
Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #110 on: Apr 16th, 2006, 4:12am »

Mr. Rickman, sir... Thank you!

Still wondering...  Have any of you dragged the icon onto your desktops?  If so, if you did so before midnightish (EST) tonight/last night/Easter eve, you got an old, faulty icon.  Mind you, the change to/problem with the icon is not even noticable unless you put the icon into a folder like "My Documents" and your display setting for the folder is set to "Tiles".  In a folder set to "Tiles", you'd notice that the graphic would be just a tad stretched.  Icon thingies come in three graphical flavors (as it turns out):  16x16 (for browsers and the "List" and "Details" display settings for folders), 32x32 (for desktops and the "Icons" setting) and 48x48 (for folders with the display setting set to "Tiles").  When you are not "really" a computer guy, you learn all this stuff on the fly.  At first, actually, I did not even know about the desktop-compatible size and just made the ".ico" so that it would display neatly in 16x16.  I did not even know these things could display variably, period.  Then, tonight I stumbled on this 48x48 variation, not a biggie at all, mind you, but it's the anally-retentive perfectionist in me that won't let it slip.  ...  Anyway, point is, if you want the most up-to-date and, in all likelihood, final, non-faulty version of the icon, you would want to drag it from your Address bar or Favorites menu to your desktop once again.  Sorry, dudes. ...
rickgpin
GM
# 487

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile

« Reply #111 on: Apr 17th, 2006, 11:07pm »

that icon is really slick! i thought there would be some complex programming, but did some research and added an icon for my web page too.  thanks for the inspiration steg!

Ozark Hellbenders:TBD
Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #112 on: Apr 18th, 2006, 2:54am »

on Apr 17th, 2006, 11:07pm, rickgpin wrote:
...my web page...

I DIGRESS...
    I checked your profile and no-go...  What's the URL for your site, rick?  Wouldn't mind checking it out!
Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #113 on: Aug 1st, 2006, 4:32pm »

Somethin's brewin', boyz and girlz... ... ...
Philly
UFF Primetime Prophet
# 29

Pay, I said pay attention, son.

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #114 on: Aug 4th, 2006, 9:35am »

Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #115 on: Aug 6th, 2006, 8:14am »

BIG SHIT'S COMIN'... ... ...

Steg -> <-You guys

It's gonna be CRAZY!!!

It's goin' to be a BIG step for the site!!! ...

You will notice "things" starting to happen sometime tomorrow... today... Sunday... whatever... whenever...  It's goin' to be BIG!!!  However you look at it... ... I'm pumped!!!

For now,... the ... needs his ... ... See yous on the morrow... for me...
DirkDiggler
Gridiron Great
GBRFLer
Champ - '14
# 5

View Profile

« Reply #116 on: Aug 6th, 2006, 9:16am »

on Aug 6th, 2006, 8:14am, StegRock wrote:
BIG SHIT'S COMIN'... ... ...

Steg -> <-You guys

It's gonna be CRAZY!!!

It's goin' to be a BIG step for the site!!! ...

You will notice "things" starting to happen sometime tomorrow... today... Sunday... whatever... whenever... It's goin' to be BIG!!! However you look at it... ... I'm pumped!!!

For now,... the ... needs his ... ... See yous on the morrow... for me...

Can you give us a hint??????????  PLease!!

Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #117 on: Aug 6th, 2006, 10:37pm »

on Aug 6th, 2006, 9:16am, DirkDiggler wrote:
Can you give us a hint?????????? PLease!!

Nope... ... BUT, within about 15 minutes, if you check out the index page of "the Gridiron", you will notice an EXTRA board category and a "special" NEW board... That'll be hint enough for yous... The REST will follow fairly shortly thereafter...
Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #118 on: Aug 7th, 2006, 12:19am »

Eh-hem... Well,... it took more than 15 minutes...  EVERYTHING with this stuff takes WAY LOOOOONGER than I anticipate... Enjoy pokin' around...  I should have it all set up soon...
Tony_O

Email

« Reply #119 on: Aug 7th, 2006, 12:36am »

It's a locked site......what can we look at?
Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #120 on: Aug 7th, 2006, 1:40am »

Well,... Toneman,... you were probably just one click away from putting 2 and 2 together and not needing to ask that... http://www.stegslist.com.  I'm still plowin' here... Gonna be a late night... again,... but, with the mag tankin' this year (which, by the way, as I will eventually explain, this is tied to in a particular way), I needed to regroup, (re)collect my thoughts, and find a path on which to take this year's BIG step.  This is it (and it will hopefully (begin to) pave the way to the mag next year)... ...

Anyway,... it's comin'...
Tony_O

Email

« Reply #121 on: Aug 7th, 2006, 7:48am »

I'll had clicked all the links and got to a hostica password screen and then a steglist password screen. I noticed that there seemed to be posts already but  I couldn't access the page, so  I thought I might have been doing something wrong. I'll keep my eyes open for more to come!
Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #122 on: Aug 7th, 2006, 2:25pm »

on Aug 7th, 2006, 7:48am, Tony_O wrote:
I ... got to a hostica password screen...

Just a note so dudes aren't confused... That page is down...  There has been just a plain "coming soon" page up at http://www.stegslist.com for hours now.  Tony just got in there quickly before I switched it out.
MordecaiCourage

Email

« Reply #123 on: Aug 7th, 2006, 4:27pm »

Little pig, little pig, let me in..... Or I'll huff and I'll puff and I'l blow that locked site in!!!

« Last Edit: Aug 7th, 2006, 4:36pm by MordecaiCourage » Logged
Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #124 on: Aug 7th, 2006, 5:49pm »

I digress... just briefly...

on Apr 15th, 2006, 5:15am, StegRock wrote:
Well, I ain't got time for anything big for yous this offseason, at least not yet. But, chance circumstance led me to a little somethin'-somethin'... If you have "the Gridiron" index page (http://www.fantasyfootballer.com/cgi-bin/theGridiron/YaBB.cgi) bookmarked in your "Favorites" folder/menu (or any page(s) for that matter), go there/to one of them now and see what happens in your "Address" bar and then on your Favorites menu. If nothing, delete your old bookmark and re-bookmark it and check things out. If you have not yet bookmarked "the Gridiron", shame on you, ... but do so NOW!!! You can even drag this sucker off your Favorites menu or out of your Address bar and have a fat and PHAT one for your desktop that will automatically open up the Grid in your browser. That way you will always be just one click away from your fantasy football home!!! ENJOY, guys!!!

Just checkin',... Do all you guys have your "the Gridiron/FantasyFootballer.com" icon on your desktops???  (Mine is the third one down in the far-right column...)

To get it, all you have to do is bookmark whatever page you want @ FantasyFootballer.com, FFPro.com, FFPlayers.com or any of our domains, StegsList.com, and when it appears in your browser's address bar, drag it off onto your desktop...  Do remember, though, that whatever page it is that you bookmarked will be the one that your desktop icon will link to!
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

Previous topic|Next topic

Fantasyfootballer.com's Gridiron » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.1!
YaBB 2000-2002,
Xnull. All Rights Reserved.

Most smilies provided by "MySmilies.com", "Jason's Smiley Collection" or "Clicksmilies.com".
"the Gridiron" Copyright 2002-2016 - Product of FantasyFootballer.com. All rights reserved.