In remembrance of 9/11/01



Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Nov 23rd, 2017, 1:39pm EST

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members GamesGames Login Login Register Register
Fantasyfootballer.com's Gridiron NFL "issues"

"Welcome to 'the Gridiron'... Fantasy football at its best!"

Fantasy Football News Feed Co-commissioner Services Add "the Gridiron" to your site
Lend a hand... Make a donation to "the Gridiron"!!!
   Fantasyfootballer.com's Gridiron
   the Gridiron
   the Sidelines
(Moderators: Replay Official, Side Judge, Line Judge, Umpire, Head Linesman, Back Judge, Field Judge, Referee)
   NFL "issues"
Previous topic|Next topic
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7  ...  11 Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: NFL "issues"  (Read 20366 times)
KillerKingSting
Gridiron Great
*****
# 183



I love ''the Gridiron''!

   
View Profile

Posts: 2997

Back to top

Re: NFL "issues"
« Reply #100 on: May 21st, 2006, 1:44am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Steg, first off, you've mentioned my communication "differences" here - my lingo mind you,
 
take a bit of your own freakin medicine dude,
 
your posts are WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY too freakin long - so much so, they are practically too intense to read and digest IMO. Although I could read and digest them, your remarks have not impressed me as of yet, and so, taking the time to digest your novella,
would probably bring me no more closer than my latter opinion just posted.
 
Secondly, you've mentioned Reggie Bush' exploitation of the victims of Katrina. You've also mentioned plenty of times here on the grid that when we talk about players in the NFL, we are talking about REAL people. So, if you have the balls to call Bush on his exploitation,
why shouldn't you be called on what I think yours is.
He is no more LESS a REAL person than yourself and THATS why I am targetting you - as you did Bush - simple.
 
I could care less about your telethon relevance. Its petty IMO as to what REALLY was on the table.
 
In fact, all your doing (because you mentioned your feelings were hurt and your paranioa in conjunction - hence - I was baiting people?????)) is trying to establish your validity through what I have hit as obvious truth or at least, truth enough to make you write your novellas (2 hours?????? WTF!).
 
That is certainly my opinion and I am sticking to it.  
 
Again, your inability, at least here on this subject, to be able to deal with REALITY instead of your IDEOLOGY,
 
hence "why can't we just deal with the philosophical portion of it rather than, bringing BUSH into etc etc etc (if thats not exactly what you said - who cares! its close enough for me!),
 
I'll tell you why! BEECAUSE, the REALITY - NOT THE PERFECT STEG-WORLD - includes Reggie Bush in this - its posted under NFL ISSUES first off and second off - one of the most hyped up players to come out of the draft in 25 years ala Gayle freakin Sayres (spelling - sorry), is DIRECTLY INVOLVED in this - only HYPING up your IDEALISTIC presentation.
 
This is your  grid - you may do as you please obviously, but, your not creative enough IMO to deal with whats real and therefore, what you are trying to present here -is irrevelant to me.
 
And for what I consider your hypothetical example of "why not Reggie just donating money w/out a number or a shirt - wouldn't THAT be the better situation.........
 
 
again, this speaks MAJOR VOLUMES of the simple fact that - and at least on THIS particular subject - you haven't been able to connect the ability that this isn't a hypothetical situation with Bush or the Katrina Victims, ITS A FREAKIN REAL ONE and ONE that already had it's course of action therefore,
 
you being STUCK on the IDEALISTIC world, the perfect philosophical STEG-MADE world,,
 a world that isn't able to DEAL with the REALITY of things,
 
but instead,
 
would rather the VICTIMS of Katrina SUFFER in lue of a shirt with a number on it,
 
all for YOUR PERFECT hypothetical example,
 
is forgetting the HUMAN portion of it all - as we as human beings are not perfect therefore dealing with non-perfect situations and making the BEST of em,
 
is what is the most important and most productive course of action to have been taken.
 
Whether or not Bush could have done this or could have done that, sure it has relevance, but,
 
not as much as YOU or anyone else BEING CREATIVE enough to DEAL with the HERE AND NOW of the situation and the reaility of the choices involved,
 
none of which mind you,
 
involved YOUR PERFECT hypothetical exmaple provided.
 
Ironic enough, this post is too long  
I am now (and even before this) am a living example of hipocrisy.
 
Stain me with your idealistic CRAP if it pleases you.
 
 
 
Logged

*BEE BYE BOE BUM!!; I SMELL THE STENCH OF SOME INSANE PLAYER SCUM.
*2004 CHUMP-ION of Insane World!!!!!
*Domination of the DUKE BEEgins right here!
KillerKingSting
Gridiron Great
*****
# 183



I love ''the Gridiron''!

   
View Profile

Posts: 2997

Back to top

Re: NFL "issues"
« Reply #101 on: May 21st, 2006, 1:58am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

on May 20th, 2006, 12:12am, Philly wrote:

I've never seen that definition of asinine -- although I have to admit that I probably haven't looked up the word. I always took it to mean roughly the same as ridiculous or silly or ludicrous. And why didn't I use any of those words instead? I guess it's just a quirk of mine. I like to show off my vocabulary when I can. It's also the same reason why you'll never see me use any profanity. I like to think that I can use more creative words than the canned obscenities that many people fall back on all the time. But, like you said, I'm not here to insult people or hurt them. I've tried to help people here plenty of times, including you when you had questions regarding different fantasy articles you were thinking of writing.
 
 
Again... I never intended to insult your intelligence. And I guess your "surreal hypothetical experience" hit a bit too close to home with me because I do have a weight problem -- I weigh about 250 at only 6'1" -- and do have that 40 inch waist you mentioned... and I do love a good Philly cheesesteak. While I'm sure you didn't know any of that before you started typing, I thought, in the back of my mind, that you might have some idea since Steg thinks its funny to mock me with the sumo wrestler smiley.

 
Philly, I appreciate your input here! It lends some understanding to everything. I sincerely did NOT know about your weight problem man. I work in bariatrics, the banding of the stomach for morbidly obese people (no, I am not saying that about you , please don't take it that way),
 
I would not intentioanlly make you feel that way at all. In fact, if I knew, I would have "personally" taken my time out to make you feel better about "that" inparticularly. Your a really GREAT guy IMO.
I like your posts and am always on the lookout for them, your very informative and very intelligent and a real all-around joy to be around on the grid and in fact,
 
i admit,
 
I sure have missed you a lot since your partial exile to working on another site.!  
 
As far as the Sumo wrestler thing - I never even caught on to that - I am not as aware as most make me out to be though, I certainly can appreciate the lending of mental powers in area, its simply not the case.
 
I am a very creative, intuitive person - even book smart when I apply myself,
 
however,
 
ceratinly not as emotionally smart or as "aware" as I view others to be.
 
Hence the fact that I didn't catch that sumo-smiley thing.
 
STEG, explain why you would call MC on his last post of "butting" in but,
 
yet you "butt" in on my post to Philly, and the lack of an APOLOGY on my part (an apology is waranted IMO if I MEANT to do wrong doing - or harmful doing - which in this case - I really didn't - despite your ":unwarranted" view in this area.
 
Though, Philly, if it makes things good between you and I, an apology is a small price to pay for your feelings - and therefore,
 
I am sorry.
 
Logged

*BEE BYE BOE BUM!!; I SMELL THE STENCH OF SOME INSANE PLAYER SCUM.
*2004 CHUMP-ION of Insane World!!!!!
*Domination of the DUKE BEEgins right here!
KillerKingSting
Gridiron Great
*****
# 183



I love ''the Gridiron''!

   
View Profile

Posts: 2997

Back to top

Re: NFL "issues"
« Reply #102 on: May 21st, 2006, 2:08am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

on May 20th, 2006, 10:19pm, MordecaiCourage wrote:
Somebody ...please be the bigger man here and stop this disagreement. Maybe your argument can continue in private messages or something!! Both you guys are wasting your time with this issue because you are on complete opposite sides of the spectrum and neither is willing to budge. However....you are both very much alike in a way too. You both wear your feelings on your sleeves and neither of you have a problem expressing yourselves about it. One of you, or both of you have already said "let's agree to disagree". How 'bout you BOTH live up to that and let's move on.
 
P L E A S E ! ! !
 
 
BTW...please do not reply back with mind your own business MC.... because your public posts have made it every gridironers business, and it is becoming a bit tiresome at the moment. That's about as nice as you'll hear this old put it.

 
Steg, I can app[reciate your view on this and fine, you may speak for me if you wish though,
 
you wouldn't be right in doing so,
 
I happen to LIKE MC's post - it has REAL revelance, it deals with REAL important issues,
 
and I agree with him.
 
I keep saying that this is my last post on this stuff.
 
In respect to you MC,
 
it is and I appreciate your interest throughout!
 
Thank you!
 
As far as me moving my league,
I'll get a league vote (not to be for public view) - as I know that some others already wanted me too - no names mentioned but,
 
I also want to comment on what someone else posted on,
 
(could have been you MC or Steel),
 
on the variance of the posters and thats what makes it interesting.
 
I will say this : I did not get overly ruffled with this until Philly did (and rightfully so in his thoughts),
 
I was having FUN actually and enjoyed the debate - the differences,
 
if we all can't just come to an agreement that, we are all good people and whatever the case of debate on this grid, we are not intentionally trying to hurt other's feelings,
 
then,
 
doing this,
 
and having fun with it,
 
and making it interesting for everyone else,
 
is and will be irrevelant in it's time to contribute.
 
As is the case now IMO.
Logged

*BEE BYE BOE BUM!!; I SMELL THE STENCH OF SOME INSANE PLAYER SCUM.
*2004 CHUMP-ION of Insane World!!!!!
*Domination of the DUKE BEEgins right here!
KillerKingSting
Gridiron Great
*****
# 183



I love ''the Gridiron''!

   
View Profile

Posts: 2997

Back to top

Re: NFL "issues"
« Reply #103 on: May 21st, 2006, 3:46am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

I haven't given Steg his due respect in light that the LONG DRAWN OUT POSTS of his, also conveys that he CARES - otherwise, I;m sure, he wouldn't even bother.
 
That should account for something as, with philly, and/or others on here, he is a great guy and a caring one as well.
 
That should be emphasized.
 
Now out of respect to you Steg, I will carry this out for a bit longer and TRY to answer all your quotes, though, no promises in that direction but, my efforts should be realized as me CARING for what your thoughts are as well brother!
 
MC, I am sorry, I mean no disrespect to you for this long drawn out convo, please understand,
 
 
 
on May 20th, 2006, 5:41am, StegRock wrote:

 
on May 19th, 2006, 10:00am, KillerKingSting wrote:Well well well,....looks like someone else can speak for me besides myself.  
 
...  
Thanks AGAIN for speaking for me, sheesh!
 
 
STEG : But, it's okay for you to do so...

 
?????huh???? who said its OK? I am just taking up for my rights to speak for myself, if you don't , thats entirely up to you?
 
I am assuming this is the follow up to what you are referring to??? "below"
 
Quote:
Who knows - if i ponder - and I can ponder with the best of em - I could ponder that, perhaps, you have an alternate goal in mind -  
 
one that IF, we (you and me and whoever else entered in this discussion) would/could somehow CONVINCE most on here that this were indeed just a good deed without a cheesy after-taste,
 
just maybe - you could USE this same example to gain for the GRID on down the road - CALL on the peeps who argued FOR the BUSH situation rather than against,
 
call on them using THEIR OWN rationales against them within this discussion,
 
and of course,
if they aren't consistent in thought,
 
..............................................well then

 
You have MISSED a HUGE TWO LETTER WORD there - IF.
 
IF means = IF. It doesn't mean I AM - speaking for you.
 
Next?
 
 
 
 
  Quote:
KING : Once again, I believe your taking this more personally targetted than the BIGGER picture in whichj you kep referring to  
 
...  
 
once again, the "personal" aura you continue to conect this with,..............is not where I have been going.

 
 
 
 
Quote:
Mind you, I don't even really know what that last one means. All I was saying was that neither of us know him personally, so why is it that YOU seem so married to defending him, "the person", so tooth-and-nail? I want, as I've stated numerous times now, just to discuss this specific situation. I mean... It was your (mis)interpretation of what was "in my head"
 
 
 
IF IF IF I would have pondered - HUGE MIS-INTERPRETATION on your part.
 
 
Quote:
You don't get my telethon comparison.

 
Its petty.
 
 
Quote:
I don't get your Elway-Eli-Williams

 
No problem.
 
 
Quote:
I'm arguing it out, though. I've made very cogent arguments both for my comparison and against yours.

 
Not IMO you haven't. Your saying in my interpretation, "lets cut the cheese cake so that none of the cheese comes with MY slice."
 
BUSH/KATRINA is no where in comparison to your telethon comparison -  
 
and the "cheese" comes with the cake - thats REALITY.
 
  Quote:
You're just stating and re-stating it.

 
I am hoping that it hits home for you one of these times.
 
Quote:
But, there is no argument there. You are just screaming at me.

 
I am sorry you feel that way. It isn't my intention - I am trying to make a point that you are either ignoring or just plain not getting.
And your lack of understanding my point leads to reptition - take SOME responsibility for this 2-way debate otherwise,
the screaming that you feel,
is your inability to openly see other's points of view without putting yours first and foremost.
 
  Quote:
Bottom line, you haven't said anything that makes me take pause,

 
I just made this point right above and this solidifies my take on it IMO.
 
  Quote:
Here is an argument you did sort of develop (in all of 43 words after "let's face it"):

 
Talk nothing of the amount of words used in response - that simply and openly would be hipprocrisy due to your latest most drawn out postings.
 
Quote:
The bottom line, my "telethon" circumstance is absolutely isomorphic to Bush's "jersey number" situation. The only difference is in degree. I'm not dealing in six-digit figures. He is. So what!

 
So what??? Exactly, So what if the peeps of NOR need those 6 figure numbers - thats a big part of my take on this - its REALITY and your saying - so what??????
 
  Quote:
If John beats his wife with a bat, but I don't, it doesn't NOT make us both wife beaters and comparable.

 
I understand the degree with which you are referring to. Again, IMO its petty in comparison.
 
  Quote:
Of course, we both are and our wife-beating can be compared. However, I think comparing Bush's willingness to donate to Katrina victims contingent on his getting the jersey number he wants to Elway's or Manning's threatening to sit out so as to avoid playing for particular teams or Williams's being drafted by Houston and not offering to donate money (yet and in public) is unfounded and erroneous

 
Great! Your able to compare a needle to an ice pick. Thats relevant? I don't think so. Scientists all the time test animals that have - in comparison - similiar physical attributes to human beings. The results from these tesings are hoped to be comparable to human results.
 
But in REALITY - if they were to use those same tests on human beings, those human beings would - in most cases - be fucked in terms of getting the same reults back.
 
We can set anologous examples all day long - big whoop. You can come back with one against this one - I can with one against the one you potentially provided - which speaks volumes for what MC said in his latest post,
Its not going to get any of us anywhere and I applaud him for being THAT aware and TRYING to help us realize that as well.
 .
 
 
  Quote:
(and, yes, by saying this, Bill, I'm saying that "you" are "in error" regarding this... I hope you can handle that).

 
What the FUCK man. One moment I am baiting and plotting like this ever-so clever debate master (close to what you referred me as ) and the next,
 
I can't handle your BS?
 
Heh!
 
Like W-H-A-T-E-V-E-R!
 
 
  Quote:
Mind you, I haven't heard... does Williams have a jersey-number issue, too? ... Oh, you're just condemning him for not doing what Bush is NOT doing, either, namely making a donation with no strings attached. If you don't see your comparison as a stretch while definitively seeing mine as one, this discussion is hopelessly deadlocked.

 
Absolutely I see the MARIO comparison as a stretch. In fact, I thought of it as kind of funny when I posted it. Just trying to BEE creative however, in comparison to a needle and an Ice Pick.........................it has similiar relevance.  
 
Mario should have STEPPED DOWN as the #1 pickle
 
(please, I am trying to BEE funny here )
 
 
Quote:
We disagree. I can handle that.

 
I understand your points and respect them, but,
I have my own mind - and I think,
in understanding your points,
I can better respond to any future points you make,
by way of,
projecting how you might feel and or think in a particular situation,
my main emphasis NOW in this is that,
its working together and bringing 2-3-4-5-6-7-8-9 etc etc number of minds together to get the most out of a situation.
 
I definitely understand where you are coming from.  
 
Let me try and explain myself better - though it only seems to get me moreso in trouble - whatever - I will try -
 
Corporate america stinks man. I am up to my ass in paper work at WORK - when I should spending MORE time with patients - CORPORATE america (the IDEALISTIC VIEW) has me pumping my ink pen on the dottted lines while REAL people suffer as a result.
 
Its the emphasis on IDEALISM that has in reality, punched my gut over and over - and not only mine - but others in need,
 
its why I argue what I do - otherwise, WTF - I give up.
 
REALISM. HUMANITY. Its difficult to seperate - like the cheese cake.
 
The FIRST response that came from YOU on the REGGIE Bush matter was not the REALISM and HUMNAITY portion of the potenital results and upgrades for the peeps of NOR but rather,
the INHUMAN part - if you will - the CORPORATE AMERICA portion,
The CORPORATE GRIDIRON response, - is first,........get that done first and the REALITY of what is actually on the table,
might be able to be dealt with later?
 
 
Quote:
This is not about portraying him in a positive or negative light.

 
Yeah, I didn't make myself clear on that - but nevertheless, though you did not mean it - it sheds negativity on him regardless.
 
 
« Last Edit: May 21st, 2006, 3:51am by KillerKingSting » Logged

*BEE BYE BOE BUM!!; I SMELL THE STENCH OF SOME INSANE PLAYER SCUM.
*2004 CHUMP-ION of Insane World!!!!!
*Domination of the DUKE BEEgins right here!
KillerKingSting
Gridiron Great
*****
# 183



I love ''the Gridiron''!

   
View Profile

Posts: 2997

Back to top

Re: NFL "issues"
« Reply #104 on: May 21st, 2006, 5:11am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify


 
 
 
Quote:
Wow! This, your incessant, mean-spirited reference to my "exploitation of Katrina and Reggie" after I explicitly indicated that I didn't like it, and then that "LACK of" jab, a brand of jab your writing (which is not intended to hurt any feelings, right?) is laced with, mind you, coming from a dude who took offense to an insinuation of his being called asinine...

 
COOL IT!
YOUR MIS-INTERPRETATION of my taking "offense" is blown out of proportion,.....I mentioned, I had fun with it, and just tried to fire back with what I thought of as creative and by the way - I'm sure I mentioned "some offense" taken but, certainly not to the point in which I was going to stop posting because of it and even moreso, not taken stringly in any sense.
 
It was in fact, PHILLY who had taken it strongly. Get your facts straight.
 
The personal reference to you has been explained in many posts and my personal take on it also.
In lue of your feelings though, I'll drop it - not even a second thought - I didn't know - even though you said you posted "hurt-feelings" in this manner - and I am assuming it WAS CLEAR that your feelings were hurt and posted so (as I will not research this)
 
 - otherwise, I am not claiming psycho-ability here to read minds (and we all know internet is lacking is the display of emotional senses).
 
Hurt feelings I did not intend. I take back what I said in that reference.
 
 
Quote:
you want to go on calling what I am doing "exploitation" of the masses and poor Reggie, you go right ahead. Our disagreement, then, is not substantive. It's now just semantics. On your own terms, I am exploiting Katrina no more than Reggie or anybody else. So, what the fuck ever... I'm encouraging discussion on a news item, period... What do I stand to gain? Why do you even ask this question?

 
Neeldes and Ice picks. I ask this question because, what Reggie stood to GAIN for what he was giving in return - was in COMPARISON - (needles and Ice Picks) to what you stood to gain - right?
 
Very little IMO both ways - both to you and to him.
 
Although, if it were so important to you the philosophical difference in this in comparison to the realism of it - then, I could be justified in veiwing you in the same sense in what you stood to gain.
 
  Quote:
But, all that is just so you can go, "Aha... See... You're gaining, and, therefore, you are exploiting!"? Again, a) no different than Reggie, so, whatever,

 
Needle to an Ice Pick. This can go on forever, -----don't you see the awareness of MC's post in this light?  
 
  Quote:
we're either all exploiting or we're all not, however you want it fed to you, and b) if you think that what I stand to gain and how it relates to my encouraging a critical discussion of and deep ethical reflection

 
A.K.A. CORPORATE AMERICA IMO. Big fat asses (figure of speech) sitting high on the hog, in jobs that are made up for people that someone deemed important enough to just MAKE UP A JOB becasue in reality,
they have been found USELESS in more REAL substantial settings,,
sitting back debating the ethical BS of a situation rather than,
the REALISM of it.
Paper pushing junkies that make everyone's jobs in america that much more difficult and these people, are the ones that are NOT in the trenches to SEE the realism that goes on but rather,
can speculate on it,
judge it,
put it in their perfect world,
and say,
we are to be it,
despite not knowing
what the fusk they are talking about - or rather, close to it.
 
Thats what I view YOUR take on this to be. Its not a DIG on you. I am sorry if I am NOW portraying it to be. But nevertheless,
its how I FEEL.
And MY FEELINGS count as well.
Thats all.
Its not that yours don't.
But mine are equally as important and IMO justified.
 
I live THIS. Tell me NOT that I don't and so you then tell me nOT that I haven't the intellilect to make comparison to -as you so well put it - a MORE important ETHICAL IMPLICATION though,
on whats REALLY happeneing and the REAL CONSEQUENCES (hence, 25% of Bush' shirt earnings).
 
 
 
  Quote:
on this particular news item constitute "exploitation of Katrina and poor Reggie", what the fuck ever... There's obviously no reasoning with you. Hell, Bill, why stop there? You're not one to pull punches, clearly (or hurt feelings, not so clearly ). Why not point out how I am exploiting YOU and EVERY MEMBER here by "gaining" from each of your posts, how I am exploiting all my writers and everybody else here who volunteers their efforts??? That is, of course, on my site where I have yet to have a year not three solid digits in the red. To do so would surely be consistent with your loose usage of the word "exploitation". Again, mind you, you, "Mr. I Don't Want To Hurt Anybody's Feelings And The Fact That I'm A Nurse Shows That", wrote all this after I explicitly stated that I found your comments about "exploitation" VERY insulting and personal. That seemed to just cause you, "Mr. I Don't Want To Hurt Anybody's Feelings And The Fact That I'm A Nurse Shows That", to drive the knife in deeper and go on about my "exploitation" in this post EXPONENTIALLY more than any of your prior posts. Boy,... I can see how you don't like to hurt others' feelings. It's "clear"...

 
Dude, I can't control how you feel. Thats your take. Your right.
I will control what I say and feel though.
If you take one thought and mix it in conjunction with another and use them to HURT your own feelings,
 
thats your right AND YOUR DOING.
 
But not MY doing. Its YOUR take.
 
Once again, NOW that your feelings are most certainly known to have been hurt about what I said then,
I back off my view on that in respect to you.
 
Now, "Mr. I don't intentionally mean to hurt anyone's feelings",.......your certainly going about this so - in such a way - that you don't believe what I say.
 
That again, is yOUR PROBLEM my friend, find a way to deal with it because,
 
I know what I am,
 
I know what I do,
 
I KNOW what compassion I bring into the world,
 
I live it everyday I go to work,
 
I certainly don't need any justification on YOUR part, in that area - just so we are straight on that - ok!
 
 
 
 
 
Quote:
Ultimately, nobody is responsible for Reggie's actions and "context" except Reggie,...

 
Talk about an important ethical implication to be learned here. Look above.
 
 
 
  Quote:
right? Nobody controls you. Nobody controls me. Nobody controls Reggie. He's famous. That puts him in the spotlight and his actions under a microscope. He gets compensated for that. ... Aw, fuck... Jeff already explained this. I don't want to have to again. [quote]Do you not understand that famous people are subject to a level of scrutiny that the rest of us aren't? (I thought "I" was the "idealist".) ...

 
Awww shucks, do you not understand that by you comparing your telethon situation to his NFL situation lends you (IN THE NEEDLE & ICE PICK WAY) the same type of scrutiny????  
 
aww shucks and FUCKS goober, try again
 
 
 
Quote:
(Here's your psychoanalysis, sd...) Just because you don't know you are doing it doesn't mean you aren't. We do things all the time we're not aware of, habits and behaviors we've acquired for better or worse along the way, some of them simple, some of them quite elaborate. Whether or not you know it, that's what you're doing. I'm just recognizing its manifestation.

 
CORPORATE FUCKIN STEG-MERICA at its best. Sincerely bro, I don't give a fuck what you think of me,,,,,
this isn't me trying to hurt your feelings,
its realism,
its me saying that,
you have a right to your BS as I do mine,
I respect and understand your right and thoughts,
but nevertheless,
disagree with them,
and it affects ME personally,
notta.
 
No, I know what I am doing. And I feel sympathy for you - who THINKS he knows what I am doing.
 
 
  Quote:
You don't recognize your set of double-standards, either, and you probably don't realize the passive-aggressive tendencies you exhibit, most notably, by your threatening to leave the site along with your "Insane Gang" in response to this tiff.

 
 
Dude, you know NOT what you are saying. READ MY ORIGINAL POST on this.
 
It states - FOR QUITE SOME TIME!
 
 
 
 
Quote:
Oh, come on... (I'm sorry if this hurts your feelings, but...)

 
Dude, you couldn't hurt my feelings if you tried. SERIOUSLY , don't waste your time brother - its a lock out, you have NO affect on who I am - and who I am NOW - and have sinced grownfrom what you FIRST experienced with me,
 
is much stronger than you "are seemingly" apologizing for - your a fucking riot man - as I have mentioned don't give me too much credit
 
lend your fucking self the same touch - don't think you can puncture me so easily.
 
  Quote:
This is juvenile.

 
Yah, what you just seemingly though was much in the same light.
 
  Quote:
Neither Denver or Baltimore circa 1982/83 nor San Diego or New York circa 2003/04 had endured a catasrophe, no less one the size of Katrina. There is NO circumstantial comparison!

 
Wrong and
Who cares! There are other comparisons. You don't get the say-all on what I should compare and what I shouldn't.
 
 
  Quote:
However, Elway and Manning stepped it up for a city in need when they were in need... Nothing in return and no numbers announced! Nothing really to gain, might I add, especially compared to Reggie, who stands not just to gain his jersey number, but also the hearts and minds of the fans he in some way needs the support of. However, to put it bluntly, Reggie has yet to donate anything from what I gather. But, hold on... Let's tease your reasoning out a little bit. New York circa 2001/02 surely endured a most horrific tragedy. Did Jeremy Shockey donate money? Maybe he did, maybe he didn't... But, he should have... The whole 2002 draft class for both the Giants and Jets should have, right? So should the whole 2002 draft class of the Washington Redskins, right? And, that's just the football players. A-Rod, given how much he is fleecing the city of New York, should be bankrolling all 9/11 victims,... and Katrina victims for that matter. Can't you see how "out of control" this line of reasoning can get? (And, note that just by answering "no" to that question doesn't mean you've shown that this line of reasoning can't get out of control.)

 
I don't think its out of control, I find your examples partially relevant.
 
Aww shucks, and you thought I might say no,
 
 
 
 
. Quote:
In any case, the labels "human reality" position and "idealistic" position don't get us anywhere
 
 The simple acknowledgment that we were working with different definitions of "bigger picture" actually does. It actually could make the difference to get us beyond this... It's really the key to all of the problems we're having here...

 
I still think as I have posted. In a perfect world, Reggie Bush should have just donated the money.
In the REAL world, he didn't.
 
 
Quote:
Dude, how could you think I brought that up? Are you paying that little attention? Your prior posts are laced with the $400,000 figure. Again, this is a trivial point... BUT, I think it is indicative of a, dare I say it, "bigger picture"... of (the way) you (have gone about things on this thread).

 
Whatever Steg. Your paranioa has surfaced again in this very last remark. Someone else most have said that to me and I had it in my kind but because my main talks were with you, I attributed it to you - and then, I read that it is 25%
 
and yes,
 
its a moot point.
 
 
Quote:
Okay, now, alas, the big announcement...
 
And, then, down on his league board...
 
 
Right after I spend 40 minutes of my life between 1:00 a.m. and 1:40 a.m. doing something specific and special, but very small in the relative spectrum of things I need to do, just for you, and you write this...

 
Prime example of what this whole Bush thing is all about, But you have obviously and selfishly IMO, placed YOUR 40 minutes above the monetary donation I gave (through my hard blue collar work),
above all.
Its your 40 minutes that counts. Nothing else! Its the most important thing.
 
The REALITY of my donation, was NOT the BEE, it was that I wanted to give something to you fgor all your efforts,
 
if you came back to me and said (I can;t find a BEE), I most likely would have givemn you the money anyhow,
 
Take the BEE, put it in your pipe,
 
and smoke it.
 
Really.
 
The "effort" behind it has meaning to me,
 
but not the bee itself,
 
not that much meaning.
 
And to do the needles and Ice Picks thing - the donation as compared to the Bee..................Please, no comparison for what I do and work for my money.
 
 
 
Quote:
How droll! How empty are the words! The paradox,... this very move itself is rather "Reggie 'Bush League'-like"... ... I'm sure you'll find a forum admin who will go out of his way just for you for little bullshit like smiley bees like I have... within an hour of your bringing it up, no less. More likely, if you ask, he'll probably laugh his ass off (behind your back, mind you, while you never get your bee). This is not to mention all the other cool special perks of "the Gridiron", which you likely won't find anywhere else, like, most notably, your league's champion's name in lights on our index page... ... "Greatly appreciated!" Give me a break! Show it! Don't tell me about how being a nurse makes you a caring person who doesn't like to hurt people's feelings! You're too good at hurting people's feelings... Why give it up?

 
Hey, which part OF, I DON'T NEED TO PROVE TO YOU -  
 
ANYTHING ABOUT WHO I AM.
 
????????
 
Believe me, I have others who CONFIRM that every day I work brother - its that simple.
 
 
 
 
 
 
Quote:
Bottom line, I don't need dudes who can be so easily shaken and so quickly forget the "bigger picture" here and turn against me. I don't need dudes with such short-term memories (I mean... this is extreme). I don't need dudes who take my efforts so quickly for granted. You called me just a year ago after a duel you were having then telling me you were considering leaving the site and moving your guys. Is this going to be an annual event? If so, please spare me... I don't need unstable dudes, who are always a tiff away from threatening to leave. I need committed dudes, who will hang in there through thick and thin for the long haul. Just the fact that you even think you can find a better home than "the Gridiron" and someone who will give you the personal attention I have and be willing to support your project with plans of incorporating it to a greater degree as it matures so easily and even entertain the idea of leaving (based on measly disagreements on the boards) belies the very appreciation you claim to have of the site and my efforts. Shit... It's proof in the pudding of your lack of appreciation and commitment. So, in that sense, as per your own words and actions, you're no loss... in the "bigger picture". Quite the contrary, your departure would represent a small, albeit regretful, setback. I don't need this passive-aggressive bullshit.

 
So be it. Youyr take on this, as selfish as it is, and has been displayed as such for quite sometime now,
 
is to also be taken as vote. Just to show you I care,,,,awwwwww
 
 
Quote:
I hope your defense of this football player Reggie Bush at the expense of your friendship with real-live, phone-call-away Steve Stegeman was worth it. I'm sure he'll care about and give you sound advice regarding your "Insane Gang", help you get through the rough times with it, and afford you some phone calls. If not, I'm sure the admin of whatever site you move on to will fill the bill... as you expect.

 
Like I said man, I can't control the way you feel,
 
in fact, after throughly reading this,
 
I could care less anymore. Your a load to deal with, both emotionally, mentally, and otherwise.
 
This is certainly my last post as I think I have read enough........had I read this one first, there wouldn't have beeen any of the other prior ones I took time on tonight.
« Last Edit: May 21st, 2006, 5:54am by KillerKingSting » Logged

*BEE BYE BOE BUM!!; I SMELL THE STENCH OF SOME INSANE PLAYER SCUM.
*2004 CHUMP-ION of Insane World!!!!!
*Domination of the DUKE BEEgins right here!
sexydexy
GM
*****
# 331



I love ''the Gridiron''!

   
View Profile

Posts: 265

Back to top

Re: NFL "issues"
« Reply #105 on: May 21st, 2006, 5:34am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

In regards to why I called philosophy bullshit:
 
It's not so much classical philosophers that get me but more the modern ones like Foucault.  Yuck.  
 
Seems like in our society today, the whole concept of "life" is thought about too much without ever really living it.
Logged
DirkDiggler
Gridiron Great
GBRFLer
Champ - '14
*****
# 5





   
View Profile

Posts: 3121

Back to top

Re: NFL "issues"
« Reply #106 on: May 21st, 2006, 8:27am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify


I could take the time to interject my thoughts on this entire bunch of crap from all the posts above, but I really do feel like getting in the middle of it. I can say that it truly a bunch of BS.
 
However, I will respond to one quote:
 
Quote:

This is certainly my last post as I think I have read enough........had I read this one first, there wouldn't have beeen any of the other prior ones I took time on tonight.

 
  See ya and best of luck to you.
« Last Edit: May 21st, 2006, 12:27pm by DirkDiggler » Logged

"Every rule has an exception....the exception can't become the rule"
BarnabyWilde
Gridiron Great
CBFL Champ - '04
*****
# 24



Hey Rock!Watch me pull the Gridiron out of my hat!

  nygiants4life56   bpbagwell
View Profile Email

Posts: 3373

Back to top

Re: NFL "issues"
« Reply #107 on: May 21st, 2006, 7:05pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

What?!?! No more posts with the word BEE in it, or crazy 2nd grade banter? Darn. Makes me wish Bouve was back with his man-love for Ricky Williams.
« Last Edit: May 21st, 2006, 9:06pm by BarnabyWilde » Logged

New York Giants...WORLD CHAMPS!!!!
Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer
Champ - '94, '99, '02, '04

*****




I love ''the Gridiron''!

   
View Profile WWW Email

Posts: 18974

Back to top

Re: NFL "issues"
« Reply #108 on: May 21st, 2006, 8:05pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

on May 21st, 2006, 5:34am, sexydexy wrote:
In regards to why I called philosophy bullshit:
 
It's not so much classical philosophers that get me but more the modern ones like Foucault.  Yuck.  
 
Seems like in our society today, the whole concept of "life" is thought about too much without ever really living it.  

 
You're going to love this, sd,... from a philosophy graduate student, no less...  I AGREE (at least with the essence of what you're saying). Your distinctions would surely need to be teased out quite a bit more, though.  What is it that is meant by classical philosophers?  (That's a rhetorical question.  I mean... I'm not really looking to push you on this, bro.  It's just that your commentary is sweeping and, therefore, comes off just a bit presumptous.  I know I wouldn't want to be pushed on political science questions, and I have an undergraduate degree in it (granted, from 12 years ago).)  There's a TON in between the classical philosophers and Michel Foucault and a whole nother tradition going on on the other side of the planet.  For that matter, there are numerous traditions within the ancient Greco-Roman "classical" tradition.  Foucault is just one dude, a dude I've never even read, mind you, so don't know squat about.  That said, of course, I know what you're talking about.  The whole modern branch of study of analytical metaphysics is a nightmare, delving ever more deeply into the "UNreal".  Not that he's all bad, but Descartes really was the turning point... if you want to pinpoint one.
 
Anyway, you are surely onto something with your general observation. (I would just backoff on going as far as making the sweeping and pretentious claim that philosophy is bullshit a) because it's unnecessary, and b) because you probably don't have the ammo to back such a maverick claim up with people who do know what they're talking about.  I mean, case in point,... reflecting this back on myself,... I am very suspicious of the direction the field of computer science is going in these days... and taking us, but I wouldn't just go calling the "whole field" bullshit just for the simple fact that I really don't know the details.  But, I would feel comfortable saying that I think that it is going in the wrong direction and taking us to some degree along with it.)  What you're intuition is onto...  There is a crucial distinction between studying philosophy and doing philosophy, between writing about philosophy and writing philosophy, between giving lip-service to philosophy and developing and living according to (one's) philosophy, between philosophy as just a mind fuck and philosophy for self-cultivation, and WAY TOO MUCH emphasis has been given to the former of those conjuncts in the late tradition...  That's why "philosophy" as a "discipline" has been dying for years.  But, there is a core of people these days, like myself, in graduate studies in philosophy who are trying to change the tide.  We believe philosophy is of and for the people, not just for a stuffy bunch hiding up in their ivory towers to pontificate (to each other) about.  It's not an easy row to hoe, though, both in the academic world... and, as is evidenced by the reaction I often provoke in discussions like these, with (the) real people (I'm trying to bring it (back) to... in a real environment of sorts and in relatively small doses, mind you).  Philosophy, which is the most fundamental pursuit of man, involving the cultivation of his reason and the understanding of emotions, that which make us the species we are, and confronts the key questions about being, nature - human and organic, reason, ethics, religion, etc., answers to which we crave, (and, therefore, is a "discipline" everybody wants to act like they know all about) has been hijacked by these stuffed-shirt, nerdy academicians.  In fact, again, the mission of bringing it back to the people is part of what I am up to here.  Though I welcome the prospect of being a philosophy professor someday, I try to live my philosophy and look forward to bringing my philosophy and education therein to the other aspects of my life, including my professional pursuits.
 
In any event, you're not totally off-base with your claim, sd.  I would just temper the language and not be unnecessarily closed-minded about it, cutting off a possible path of understanding that is open to you as long as you haven't closed it off and, then, are open to it.
 
...
 
Now, this all brings me to Jeff's post here...
 
on May 19th, 2006, 11:58pm, Philly wrote:
Honestly, I could do without all the philosophy here too... it's not my thing. But I just choose not to participate in those discussions -- primarily because they are so far over my head and I have read so little of the pertinent philosophical texts and authors that I'd be embarrassing myself anyway.

 
(Read in a playful tone, not a sarcastic one...  Really, this is going to be totally positive...)  What are you talking about, Jeff?  You are taking part in one right here right now...  Again, it's the "how" of the discussion, not (just) the "what".  This discussion, in which I've barely brought in any philosophy proper, per se, and at least only as cosmetics, in any event (I think I mentioned Socrates and Emerson once each and neither instance spoke to the heart of the debate), is steeped in philosophy as in philosophical concerns and reflection (as Bill even points out,... as being a negative that is).  ...  In any event,... your major wasn't, your field isn't philosophy.  So what!  Don't sell yourself short, man!  You're a thinking man,... a deep-thinking man.  I KNOW that!  It's obvious.  That's not to say the skill doesn't need cultivation and honing, and you couldn't improve your critical thinking skills (everybody can, INCLUDING ME; it's an ongoing life project; it's the cross we have to bear as rational animals; I just happen to be steeping myself in it)...  The way you do it is by participating in/fighting through these philosophical discussions... as you do!
Logged
sexydexy
GM
*****
# 331



I love ''the Gridiron''!

   
View Profile

Posts: 265

Back to top

Re: NFL "issues"
« Reply #109 on: May 21st, 2006, 11:55pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

You wouldn't be far off in the computer science/bullshit argument as far as a college degree either.  
 
Computer science can't teach creativity and that's what it takes when making software albeit not so much in other parts of IT.
Logged
DUKE0313
Fantasy Field General
*****
# 322




LoneStar LynchMob

   
View Profile

Posts: 763

Back to top

Re: NFL "issues"
« Reply #110 on: May 22nd, 2006, 7:29am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

What the heck has happened here???? A guy takes a break for awhile and comes back to find such a mess.
I don' wanna leave the GRIDIRON...
I like it here!!!
 
Killer,
Can't you and Steg get together and work this out like gentlemen? You and I have had MANY, MANY disagreements over the years, but we've always managed to talk it over and settle our differences cordially. I've gotta get back to work now...you boys play nice!
Logged

All Hail Emperor Landry I...The Original DUKE Of DOOM!!!!!!!
2003 Insane League CHAMPION!
2004 Insane League Championship Game Runner-up!!
2005 Score Wars III: Revenge of The DUKE!!!...aaah, NUTS!!
DirkDiggler
Gridiron Great
GBRFLer
Champ - '14
*****
# 5





   
View Profile

Posts: 3121

Back to top

Re: NFL "issues"
« Reply #111 on: May 22nd, 2006, 4:44pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

on May 22nd, 2006, 7:29am, DUKE0313 wrote:
What the heck has happened here???? A guy takes a break for awhile and comes back to find such a mess.
I don' wanna leave the GRIDIRON...
I like it here!!!
 
Killer,
Can't you and Steg get together and work this out like gentlemen? You and I have had MANY, MANY disagreements over the years, but we've always managed to talk it over and settle our differences cordially. I've gotta get back to work now...you boys play nice!

 
Duke--
 
You don't have to leave.      Stay awhile, have a beer, and relax......
Logged

"Every rule has an exception....the exception can't become the rule"
Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer
Champ - '94, '99, '02, '04

*****




I love ''the Gridiron''!

   
View Profile WWW Email

Posts: 18974

Back to top

Re: NFL "issues"
« Reply #112 on: May 22nd, 2006, 4:53pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Dukester,... I don't know...  However, seein' your post (along with the relatively reasonable exchange sd and I, who have had our little tiffs in the past, have had amidst this) is making me feel bad... Anyway, just for the record,... especially since people have been asking me this behind the scenes,... it wasn't (really) me who deleted the "Insane Gang" board...  Bill did.  During the wee hours of Saturday into Sunday and early Sunday morning (EST), by going thread-by-thread he widdled it down from the roughly 190 topics and 5,100 posts to just 60 or so topics and 191 (I remember that exactly) posts.  From what I could tell, he did it from front in, deleting all the most recent posts and working backwards, AND from rear in, deleting all the oldest posts and working forward (I think...  He might have just done the former).  Anyway, what was left was this awkward bunch of threads that started sometime mid 2004 and with the most recent post being, I believe, in October of 2005.  When I came in on Sunday afternoon (EST) and saw what he did, I went ahead and saved him the rest of the work and deleted this now awkwardly left board.  HOWEVER, just in case there was any critical information on those threads he left, I made sure to download them all, first, one-by-one (time-consuming tedium if I may say) since there weren't that many left.  I did this so I would know each and every one was individually okay and accessible locally on my computer.  I, then, also backed up the whole site through my control panel at Hostica.
 
So,... as for restoration of the board, that's all I can guarantee.  I could put in a trouble-ticket, and if I did so soon, there might be a glimmer of hope of restoring the whole board.  BUT, PLEASE UNDERSTAND that that would be a BIG-time bitch for me!  I don't know what the thread numbers were for all the ones Bill deleted.  First, what I would have to do is either download all the threads, which would be the safest thing for me to do, but takes forever (like two hours and I have to be near the computer the whole time because the download process times out every so often), or individually download all the threads that have been created or added to over the past "x" days according to what date Hostica might have a backup for me.  Then, I would ask the Hostica techs to restore the whole threads folder to the nearest backup to two days ago they have (if they have anything that is), and then I would have to go in and restore all that was created in between (another time-consuming nightmare).  Point being, the prospect of complete restoration isn't good... on multiple fronts.  If Hostica doesn't have anything, then that's that for that, and I have a sneaking suspicion they won't because of the aforementioned global backup I made (the irony).  Frankly speaking, I'd rather be spared of the task, in any case.
 
Anyway, I just wanted to get that all out on the table, so you all know the bigger picture,... nay,... the whole picture, here, mind you, not that I think this is necessarily the best direction for us to go in.  I just feel bad when I visit my site and the first post I read is Duke's. Even though the way Bill acted here was reminscent of the SBFFL's and DBFFL's unequivocal, very hurtful stormy departures, Duke's sentiment,... again, along with the reasonable exchanges sd and I have had here,... and the silence from the rest of the "Insane Gangbangers" are very different than when the SBFFL, DBFFL, and even the QFL to some degree, went "storming" out of here back in the day.  That kind of gives me hope.  In any event, even as Bill stated on his post down on the old "Insane Gang" league board, which I quoted somewhere up above, wherever the "Insane Gang" winds up, each of you as individuals are surely still welcome to be a part of "the Gridiron", including Bill.  Anyway,...
Logged
Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer
Champ - '94, '99, '02, '04

*****




I love ''the Gridiron''!

   
View Profile WWW Email

Posts: 18974

Back to top

Re: NFL "issues"
« Reply #113 on: May 22nd, 2006, 5:02pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Sorry, guys,... I got to digress from the digression and quickly use this thread for its "intended purpose" again.  From "The REAL Feed":
 
New commish, NFL in L.A. on agenda at owners' meeting
ESPN: NFL (22.05.2006 16:01)
Among the hot topics at the owners spring meeting are replacing the commissioner and determining a stadium home in L.A.

 
Mind yous, there is info in this article about the Reggie Bush jersey number issue, so this post is not entirely off the beaten track... ...
Logged
steelkings
Guest

Email

Back to top

Re: NFL "issues"
« Reply #114 on: May 23rd, 2006, 6:47am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

I have a sticky note on my CPU reminding me of my own special rules for engagement in heated debates on this web site.
 
1. Do not involve yourself in topics or discussions that contain the word philosophy.  

2. Use the causion of a duck in a Florida retention pond when encountering words with silent letters!

 
 
 
 
This brings me to the ugly question regaurding the quote below  
 
Quote:
It's not so much classical philosophers that get me but more the modern ones like Foucault.  Yuck.    

 
Is that the dude who made the swinging clock ?
Logged
Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer
Champ - '94, '99, '02, '04

*****




I love ''the Gridiron''!

   
View Profile WWW Email

Posts: 18974

Back to top

Re: NFL "issues"
« Reply #115 on: May 23rd, 2006, 6:51am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

on May 23rd, 2006, 6:47am, steelkings wrote:
I have a sticky note on my CPU reminding me of my own special rules for engagement in heated debates on this web site.
 
1. Do not involve yourself in topics or discussions that contain the word philosophy.  

 
Oh, brother...
Logged
Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer
Champ - '94, '99, '02, '04

*****




I love ''the Gridiron''!

   
View Profile WWW Email

Posts: 18974

Back to top

Re: NFL "issues"
« Reply #116 on: May 23rd, 2006, 8:10pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Back to the thread "topic" again, but related to this digression of ours...  From "The REAL Feed":
 
Reggie Bush won't get his No. 5 this year
SI.com: NFL (23.05.2006 19:03)
 
Not saying he won't be, but now it will be interesting to see how he shows his "generosity" with "this" now off the table...
Logged
MordecaiCourage
Guest

Email

Back to top

Re: NFL "issues"
« Reply #117 on: May 23rd, 2006, 11:08pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

I still say he does something. Probably not anything that resembles his offer though.  
You are right about one thing though...what would keep him from doing the same thing with his proceeds from jersey sales no matter what number he wears?
 
This really is interesting now that I think about it.  
 
 
« Last Edit: May 23rd, 2006, 11:11pm by MordecaiCourage » Logged
Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer
Champ - '94, '99, '02, '04

*****




I love ''the Gridiron''!

   
View Profile WWW Email

Posts: 18974

Back to top

Re: NFL "issues"
« Reply #118 on: May 25th, 2006, 5:29am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Reggie claims he's going to follow through on his pledge regardless of what number he wears...  We'll wait and see, but that is a good preliminary indication, for sure... From "The REAL Feed":
 
Reggie Bush Can't Wear 5
Pro Football Critics (25.05.2006 04:00)
Although it was for a good cause, the NFL has declined Reggis Bush's request to wear number five next season for the New Orleans Saints. He was No. 5 in college at USC, but Atlanta general manager Rich McKay recommended against his request."Nobody is comfortable that an exception be made to the ...
Logged
Callie
Gridiron Great
*****
# 219



Go, Gridironettes!

  calliewall  
View Profile WWW Email

Posts: 2568

Back to top

Re: NFL "issues"
« Reply #119 on: May 28th, 2006, 10:22am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

This explains a lot:
 
Representatives fail to serve best interests of Reggie Bush
Union-Tribune(5/28/06)
It's now starting to look as if Team Bush is equally negligent when it comes to protecting the client's best interests.

 
Scroll down to this part:
 
The saddest part of this situation is that the two people who should have been looking out for Bush's best interests - his parents - are the ones who helped create much of this mess. They not only surrendered too much control to Ornstein, who forged a relationship with Bush after hiring him as an intern last summer, but also allegedly violated NCAA rules by taking improper benefits from a man seeking to form a business partnership with their son.  
The veracity of the claim can be debated from now until the NCAA concludes its investigation, but if various witnesses are to be believed, stepdad LaMar Griffin was walking around with his hand extended in every direction, eager and willing to take handouts tied to Bush's celebrity.

 
This isn't about the number 5 mess, but I figured this was the best place to post this.  It all kind of hangs together....  

Logged

“If life gives you lemons make orange juice. Let the rest of the world figure out how you did it.”
Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer
Champ - '94, '99, '02, '04

*****




I love ''the Gridiron''!

   
View Profile WWW Email

Posts: 18974

Back to top

Re: NFL "issues"
« Reply #120 on: Jun 20th, 2006, 12:40am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Here's an unpleasant story related to the whole "jersey-number" aspect of this issue...  From "The REAL Feed":
 
Otto Rips Bently's Request
About.com: Football (19.06.2006 19:39)
Last month, a request by the Saints' Reggie Bush for deviation from the NFL's uniform numbering system was denied by the league. Lost in the hype surrounding Bush's quest...

 
It involves a Raider Great, Callie... Who'd a thunk?
Logged
Callie
Gridiron Great
*****
# 219



Go, Gridironettes!

  calliewall  
View Profile WWW Email

Posts: 2568

Back to top

Re: NFL "issues"
« Reply #121 on: Jun 20th, 2006, 11:53am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Here's a good article on the quest for jersey numbers:
 
As Reggie Bush can attest, the NFL can put the squeeze on a player's hopes of wearing a certain jersey number
SignOnSanDiego.com (06/18/06)
 
Edgerrin James, Charles Woodson, LeCharles Bentley and LaDainian Tomlinson were among a sizable group of players that also favored tweaking the system, because a positive vote would move them one step closer to being able to wear numbers that have special significance to them.

 
and
 
Under the league's current system, players must select numbers based on their position. The ranges include: 1-9 for quarterbacks, kickers and punters; 10-19 for quarterbacks, kickers, punters and receivers; 20-49 for running backs and defensive backs; 50-59 for centers and linebackers; 60-79 for guards, offensive tackles and defensive linemen; 80-89 for receivers and tight ends; and 90-99 for defensive linemen and linebackers.  
 
A numbering system has been in place in the NFL since 1952, with the current format taking effect in 1973. The goal at the time was to make player identification easier for spectators and officials, who were having issues with things like deciphering eligible receivers and illegal formations.  

---
 
In the age of the DVR, do you really think it's a good idea for the officials to have to deal with an inconsistent numbering system?  
 
As for Jim Otto and his comments on the number OO, ask an old Chiefs fan what he thinks of Otto's sense of diplomacy.  
 
Logged

“If life gives you lemons make orange juice. Let the rest of the world figure out how you did it.”
MordecaiCourage
Guest

Email

Back to top

Re: NFL "issues"
« Reply #122 on: Jun 20th, 2006, 12:42pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

on Jun 20th, 2006, 12:40am, StegRock wrote:
Here's an unpleasant story related to the whole "jersey-number" aspect of this issue... From "The REAL Feed":
 
Otto Rips Bently's Request
About.com: Football (19.06.2006 19:39)
Last month, a request by the Saints' Reggie Bush for deviation from the NFL's uniform numbering system was denied by the league. Lost in the hype surrounding Bush's quest...

 
It involves a Raider Great, Callie... Who'd a thunk?

 
Wow...that is pretty arrogant of Jim Otto. As great as he might have been, he is not who we old-school Houston Oiler fans think of when we see the "00"
 
« Last Edit: Jun 20th, 2006, 2:34pm by MordecaiCourage » Logged
Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer
Champ - '94, '99, '02, '04

*****




I love ''the Gridiron''!

   
View Profile WWW Email

Posts: 18974

Back to top

Re: NFL "issues"
« Reply #123 on: Apr 1st, 2008, 8:35pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

The league is entertaining and passing lots of rules pertaining to "head",... I mean,... ... "the head"... according to "The REAL Feed":
 
Passed... D pulls even with O...
NFL approves helmet headsets for defense
The Sports Network: NFL (01.04.2008 17:19)
 
Under review... A hairy situation...
Hairy situation: Players decry buttoned-up rule change
USA TODAY: Sports (01.04.2008 00:19)
Chiefs coach Herm Edwards is a realist. He knows a league proposal regarding players' hair to be voted on this week at the NFL's ...
Logged
Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer
Champ - '94, '99, '02, '04

*****




I love ''the Gridiron''!

   
View Profile WWW Email

Posts: 18974

Back to top

Re: NFL "issues"
« Reply #124 on: Apr 8th, 2008, 2:00am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

It looks like the proverbial "they" are hearing the grumblings... The NFL Network may be coming more affordably... according to this LOCAL source currently topping "The REAL Feed":
 
Owners argue for NFL Network
The State: Sports (08.04.2008 01:16)
The NFL Network should be available to cable subscribers in South Carolina and for a similar price as 24-hour golf programming, the owner of Carolina Panthers will argue today in the S.C. Legislature.Mark Richardson, who owns the Panthers, will appear before a House Labor, Commerce and Industry ...
Logged
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7  ...  11 Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

Previous topic|Next topic

Fantasyfootballer.com's Gridiron » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.1!
YaBB 2000-2002,
Xnull. All Rights Reserved.

Most smilies provided by "MySmilies.com", "Jason's Smiley Collection" or "Clicksmilies.com".
"the Gridiron" Copyright 2002-2016 - Product of FantasyFootballer.com. All rights reserved.