In remembrance of 9/11/01

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Nov 18th, 2017, 5:14am EST

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members GamesGames Login Login Register Register
Fantasyfootballer.com's Gridiron the Gridiron Newsstand & The REAL Feed

"Welcome to 'the Gridiron'... Fantasy football at its best!"

Fantasy Football News Feed Co-commissioner Services Add "the Gridiron" to your site
Lend a hand... Make a donation to "the Gridiron"!!!
   Fantasyfootballer.com's Gridiron
   the Gridiron
   the Sidelines
(Moderators: Replay Official, Side Judge, Line Judge, Umpire, Head Linesman, Back Judge, Field Judge, Referee)
   the Gridiron Newsstand & The REAL Feed
Previous topic|Next topic
Pages: 1 2 3  4 Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: the Gridiron Newsstand & The REAL Feed  (Read 4230 times)
Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer
Champ - '94, '99, '02, '04

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

the Gridiron Newsstand & The REAL Feed
« on: Feb 12th, 2003, 1:41am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Fellas, as of late, I have added a handful of new newspaper links to "the Gridiron Newsstand", making it more without doubt the most comprehensive collection of local dailies and official sites on the net. What an accomplishment for a fledgling site! This offseason I have a big trick up my sleeve regarding another feature I will add to "the Gridiron Newsstand". I will probably be asking for you all's input. But, all in due time, my friends! For now, I just wanted to say that if ANY of YOU have a link for a newspaper that covers an NFL team that you would like to see added to "the Gridiron Newsstand", please, by all means, let me know and I will add it. Thank you!
« Last Edit: Apr 14th, 2006, 4:20pm by Stegfucius » Logged
Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

Re: the Gridiron Newsstand
« Reply #1 on: Mar 30th, 2003, 10:36pm »

Start the countdown...
Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #2 on: Mar 30th, 2003, 10:40pm »

"ARE YOU READY?"  I SAID, "ARE YOU READY?"
Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #3 on: Mar 30th, 2003, 10:43pm »

Gee, I hope today is April 1st.  Otherwise, this April Fool's Day joke isn't goin' to go over very well...

Just kiddin'!
Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #4 on: Mar 30th, 2003, 10:49pm »

Go to or refresh your "Gridiron Newsstand" page in 10 SECONDS!
Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #5 on: Mar 30th, 2003, 11:01pm »

That's it!  I hope you all ENJOY! The addition of "The Real Feed" does not make moot the rest of "the Gridiron Newsstand".  They actually, if used how I envisioned, work hand-in-hand.  Not ALL newspapers are included in a news feed.  So, you can still corroborate stories or further research stories from "The Real Feed" with our unrivaled, EXTENSIVE list of newspapers on "the Gridiron Newsstand".  In any event, you bookmark this page; there is no reason why your FF information gathering sessions should not begin right there every time.  Bottom line, please USE it!  Both money and significant effort has gone into this and as this remains a totally free site...  Anyway, I hope it helps you all! And, I hope I am successfully adding my energy to our great hobby in a positive way.

Also, "the Gridiron Newsstand" now becomes more "pluggable" than ever.  As it is a resource, not just a rival forum, I think you can post about it here and there without much worry.  Please get the word out as best you can.  Thank you!
BarnabyWilde
Gridiron Great
CBFL Champ - '04
# 24

Hey Rock!Watch me pull the Gridiron out of my hat!

nygiants4life56   bpbagwell
View Profile Email

« Reply #6 on: Mar 30th, 2003, 11:15pm »

Steg:

FOCKING SWEET!!!!!!

The feed is AWESOME!!!!  

You are the   of fantasy football!!!

A one stop shopping center for football information!

New York Giants...WORLD CHAMPS!!!!
Philly
UFF Primetime Prophet
# 29

Pay, I said pay attention, son.

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #7 on: Mar 31st, 2003, 6:43am »

I guess this is what you would call Fantasy Football Nirvana!  I love the REAL FEED.  I never went to KFFL for updated news feeds, and I guess I never will.

Tremendous work Steg!  With all of this great content available on the Gridiron now (i.e., REAL FEED, Gridiron Newsstand, the Best forums) I keep expecting tons of annoying pop-ups, but they're not there!

Walker Boh
Fantasy Field General
# 34

It's ELWAY or the highway.

walkerboh74   joskojw
View Profile

« Reply #8 on: Mar 31st, 2003, 7:59am »

That's a really cool feature Steg, thanks!   I will definitely be adding the The REAL Feed to my preparation lineup. I've never seen it before, how did you hear about it? How does it work?
Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #9 on: Mar 31st, 2003, 12:34pm »

on Mar 31st, 2003, 7:59am, Walker Boh wrote:
That's a really cool feature Steg, thanks! I will definitely be adding the The REAL Feed to my preparation lineup. I've never seen it before, how did you hear about it? How does it work?

Walker, my friend, just to clarify in case there is any confusion... "The REAL Feed" was born from the loins of yours truly, the Rock! As for access to the feed itself, so to speak, it is provided by a news syndication service. But, as for the turning of that "feed code" into the product, "The REAL Feed", you see here at FantasyFootballer.com, that's all me! What also was all me was the research that went into finding a news syndication service that was willing to work with me and provide the feed at a reasonable price. This is an expensive venture. I have come to learn, by way of the painstaking research this took, these types of news syndication companies have been burnt in the past by guys who request a freebie claiming they are just a hobby site, only to eventually turn into a full-blown, revenue-generating site without telling the news syndication company. I suspect this of a couple of sites out there, but I won't name names. I will say this much. If you see a site like this or even a "more established" one with a live news feed provided by, e.g. Moreover.com, I bet you they ain't payin' one red cent, no less the $5,500 a year Moreover.com currently charges for it, and I bet you Moreover.com doesn't know they aren't. Moreover.com was one of the companies majorly burnt by people's getting the freebie, which they used to offer two or so years ago for "hobby sites," and then surreptitiously, i.e. without notifying Moreover.com, becoming revenue-generating. So, they and most companies like them, as a result, have jacked up their prices BIG-TIME. Trust me, at this point I could teach a "News Feed 101" class. Anyway, mine has not been provided to me for free. I was straight up about my circumstances with the company I am working with, and they were willing to work with me and after significant negotiations, they gave me a good deal that I could financially handle. So, again, please use "The REAL Feed" and plug it wherever you can. A lot of time and effort as well as some money are going into this. In any event, it is nice to see three "thankful" souls come through here. Since it is the only payment I get, I am a little bit discouraged by the dearth of gratitude thus far expressed by our members. But, thank you to you three.
« Last Edit: Mar 31st, 2003, 4:12pm by Stegfucius » Logged
Keyshawn Johnson 76yards
Fantasy Field General
# 97

View Profile

« Reply #10 on: Mar 31st, 2003, 3:21pm »

A fourth has stopped by to say a big up to ya, Steg. Trust me, whether people show it or not, we are all thankful that not only do you supply us with Free (And I am emphasize Free, because there is NO site out there, imo, that generates as much info as this one does.) As I was saying, not only do you supply us with free resource material and information. You are constantly finding ways to improve our experience.

From me, and everyone else, we thank you. Now, you must find a way to generate revenue for yourself with this site, but give the Top 5 posters here free membership.... hey, it's just a thought.    

I'd also like to thank FourTwoOh, who without his link, I probably would have never stumbled across this place.  

Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #11 on: Mar 31st, 2003, 4:42pm »

on Mar 31st, 2003, 3:21pm, Keyshawn Johnson 76yards wrote:
A fourth has stopped by to say a big up to ya, Steg.

Hey, KJ 76, I am liable to come up to north Jersey and ! I mean... doesn't what you wrote really mean ?

Quote:
From me, and everyone else, we thank you. Now, you must find a way to generate revenue for yourself with this site, but give the Top 5 posters here free membership.... hey, it's just a thought.

Yes, KJ 76, and I would appreciate any input on this from any of you at any time by any means of communication, e-mail, IM/PM here on "the Gridiron", or just a post right here. HOWEVER, I do have an idea about how I will go about generating some 's, and according to my (master ) plan, I expect to be making those moves possibly as soon as 2004. BUT, my intention is to never charge my members. My idea is a unique advertising/sponsorship plan. Like many of the things 'round here, I do not see anybody quite exactly doing what I have in my head. And, I think my idea is doable, even though it will probably require some serious legwork and even a team effort. The way I look at it, and I have seen the debates on other boards, why not have you guys substantively participate in helping the site stay free since actually it is the members who benefit the most by doing so? That having been said, I plan to avert pop-up ads and "begging" you guys to "click" on them. My idea is a little more, well, sophisticated and my idea of team work is a little more substantive, but also very intriguing. On that note, is there anyone out there interested in doing some fantasy articles? In any event, remember I am a patient fellow and not in the least money-driven! I do have to live like everyone, though, right? In the big picture, as far as FantasyFootballer.com is concerned, I am looking at '03 as a full-bore year of development, growth, fixing (I mean... did you guys notice ALL the misspellings/typos I had during the unveiling ceremonies last night? THREE big ones!) and tweaking and beta-testing, which takes time (this may last on into '04), after which time a real product of value will hopefully have been hammered out and "marketing" and revenue-generating, which are time-consuming tasks in and of themselves, can then become the focus, which hopefully would be '04, '05 or '06. Anyway, KJ 76, thanks for caring about that end of things and expressing it. It means that you really are appreciating my efforts... as I appreciate your contributions! Thank you!
« Last Edit: Mar 31st, 2003, 4:53pm by Stegfucius » Logged
Keyshawn Johnson 76yards
Fantasy Field General
# 97

View Profile

« Reply #12 on: Mar 31st, 2003, 6:10pm »

on Mar 31st, 2003, 4:42pm, StegRock wrote:

Hey, KJ 76, I am liable to come up to north Jersey and   !  I mean... doesn't what you wrote really mean ?

On that note, is there anyone out there interested in doing some fantasy articles? In any you!

No, no, it doesn't mean that.    

I could swear that I was going to mention the idea of maybe a few of us writing fantasy articles. I would very much be interested in doing so, as I feel that I have won enough fantasy  leagues that I can share my knowledge with the world.    

Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #13 on: Mar 31st, 2003, 7:15pm »

on Mar 31st, 2003, 6:10pm, Keyshawn Johnson 76yards wrote:
I could swear that I was going to mention the idea of maybe a few of us writing fantasy articles. I would very much be interested in doing so, as I feel that I have won enough fantasy leagues that I can share my knowledge with the world.

I don't want this thread to go off-topic, so let's continue discussion regarding "Fantasy Articles @ FantasyFootballer.com" on the following thread:

http://www.fantasyfootballer.com/cgi-bin/theGridiron/YaBB.cgi?board=58;a ction=display;num=1049155776.

Discussion regarding "the Gridiron Newsstand" is to be continued on this thread...

Thanks!
bgsgfan
Red Zone Master
GBRFL2er
CBFL Champ - '03
# 18

He ain't on the all-time list because he's pretty.

View Profile

« Reply #14 on: Mar 31st, 2003, 10:17pm »

SWEET!  

I came in tonite after work and first thing I notice is this "REAL Feed" added to the forum page.  And then I go to check it out... and an article adds itself before my eyes!

Talk about being able to stay on top of the latest info!

11/20/04 - Buckeyes salvage season by stomping that team from up north. (Posted 11/14/04)
FourTwoOh
Fantasy Field General
# 10

View Profile Email

Re: the Gridiron Newsstand & The Real Feed
« Reply #15 on: Apr 1st, 2003, 2:50am »

VERY nice.  

DirkDiggler
Gridiron Great
GBRFLer
Champ - '14
# 5

View Profile

« Reply #16 on: Apr 1st, 2003, 5:31pm »

Great Job with the Reel Feed.  I friggin love it!!  

Thanks for all you do.  

Now we all need to go out and pimp the link so we get more people coming here.  

You da man!!!

"Every rule has an exception....the exception can't become the rule"
Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #17 on: Apr 5th, 2003, 1:56pm »

I just wanted to announce the addition of FOUR NEW resources to our "Big Media News Sources" on "the Gridiron Newsstand":  Covers, The Sports Network, Fanball, and AllSports! That page is REALLY coming along, me thinks! In any case, I hope it helps you all enjoy this great hobby of ours even more!
Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #18 on: Apr 8th, 2003, 11:24pm »

Anybody notice that cool, I think , link currently third on "The REAL Feed"? I ain't ever seen anything like that anywhere. It's a link to a post at SportsFilter.com, some kind of (special) sports forum. In any event, I think it's pretty awesome, definitely a unique news-feed item providing a "lowdown", so to speak, perspective!
« Last Edit: Apr 8th, 2003, 11:28pm by Stegfucius » Logged
Philly
UFF Primetime Prophet
# 29

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #19 on: Apr 9th, 2003, 11:22am »

Interesting article.  Amazing that they let a Skins season-ticket holder serve as arbitrator in this issue.  As an Eagles fan, it upsets me greatly.
Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #20 on: Apr 9th, 2003, 12:26pm »

Moreover, Philly, all...

Do you guys ultimately think that the feed from SportsFilter.com there is something cool and should be kept on "The REAL Feed" or somewhat cheesy and should be removed?

Looking for your guys' thoughts here...
Philly
UFF Primetime Prophet
# 29

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #21 on: Apr 9th, 2003, 1:07pm »

I checked it out and they have some interesting items there, but they have topics about soccer and auto racing, etc.

The post at the SportsFilter.com linked to the story at ESPN.com.  If we could be sure that the ESPN story will show up on the REAL feed, then I don't see any need for SportsFilter.com.

My two cents...
Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #22 on: Apr 9th, 2003, 1:33pm »

on Apr 9th, 2003, 1:07pm, Philly wrote:
I checked it out and they have some interesting items there, but they have topics about soccer and auto racing, etc.

The post at the SportsFilter.com linked to the story at ESPN.com. If we could be sure that the ESPN story will show up on the REAL feed, then I don't see any need for SportsFilter.com.

My two cents...

Little value in the post itself...  It, in and of itself, is not worth incorporating... ?
Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #23 on: Apr 10th, 2003, 1:59pm »

TWO MORE resources added to our "Big Media/General Sports News Sources" on "the Gridiron Newsstand":  The Insiders and Yahoo! Sports.  Enjoy!

Also, though, please do not miss the question above regarding whether or not to keep SportsFilter.com on "The REAL Feed"!  Thank you!
Philly
UFF Primetime Prophet
# 29

View Profile WWW Email

Re: the Gridiron Newsstand & The REAL Feed
« Reply #24 on: Apr 10th, 2003, 4:29pm »

I just found another resource while surfing:
  www.football.com
Some nice draft info there.  One of the drafts actually had the same pick for the Jets in round 2 that I did.  (No, I didn't see that pick before I posted...)

Don't know if anyone has experience with that site and if it merits attention on the Newsstand...
Pages: 1 2 3  4 Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

Previous topic|Next topic

Fantasyfootballer.com's Gridiron » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.1!
YaBB 2000-2002,
Xnull. All Rights Reserved.

Most smilies provided by "MySmilies.com", "Jason's Smiley Collection" or "Clicksmilies.com".
"the Gridiron" Copyright 2002-2016 - Product of FantasyFootballer.com. All rights reserved.