In remembrance of 9/11/01

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Nov 20th, 2017, 5:39pm EST

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members GamesGames Login Login Register Register
Fantasyfootballer.com's Gridiron G.T.K.Y.G. - Topic: Movies

"Welcome to 'the Gridiron'... Fantasy football at its best!"

Fantasy Football News Feed Co-commissioner Services Add "the Gridiron" to your site
Lend a hand... Make a donation to "the Gridiron"!!!
   Fantasyfootballer.com's Gridiron
   the Gridiron
   the Sidelines
(Moderators: Replay Official, Side Judge, Line Judge, Umpire, Head Linesman, Back Judge, Field Judge, Referee)
   G.T.K.Y.G. - Topic: Movies
Previous topic|Next topic
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: G.T.K.Y.G. - Topic: Movies  (Read 3807 times)
Alexsan
Tackling Dummy
# 500

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile

Re: G.T.K.Y.G. - Topic: Movies
« Reply #75 on: Jan 16th, 2006, 8:58pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

My top five movies are:
5. Harold and Kumar Go to White Castle-- No i dont smoke weed or anything, but I find it facinating how the two characters can go through so much just to eat at a fast food restaurant.
4. Saving Private Ryan-- Directed so well and seems so realistic.
3. UnderWorld-- I think it's just the fact that for once a movie involved werewolves and vampires, and for that i love it.
2. Ferris Bueler's Day off-- A really stupid movie but altogether a classic.
1.  Memoirs of a Geisha-- I have no idea what got me to see this movie, but despite having almost an entire cast of chinese actors/actresses in a japanese based movie I loved it.
steelkings

Email

« Reply #76 on: Jan 17th, 2006, 7:11am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Quote:
It's a Wonderful Life..... Capra's magic! Jimmy Stewart was one of only 3 actors whose death made me cry. I love the man. Not only for being endearing on screen, but for the way in which he lived his real life. Integrity is how I'd describe him in one word.  

Quote:
#9 - It's a Wonderful Life  
Okay, the first sappy old movie, a Christmas one no less.  WHATEVER!  Jimmy Stewart is "the man" and Donna Reed is straight-up hot.  I remember someone mentioning non-linear storylines earlier on this thread.  Well, it wasn't taken to the non-linear extremes of today, but the story of this 1946 movie was WAY ahead of its time in that respect.  And, Clarence, if you ain't  when that bell on the Christmas tree rings at the end of the movie, you had better head to the doctor, no, not a psychiatrist, an M.D., because you ain't got a heart.  I am getting teary right now!  I will watch this movie every year for the rest of my life and be entertained each and every time.  

Quote:
1) Its A Wonderful Life

Quote:
It's a Wonderful Life..... Capra's magic! Jimmy Stewart was one of only 3 actors whose death made me cry. I love the man. Not only for being endearing on screen, but for the way in which he lived his real life. Integrity is how I'd describe him in one word.  

ITS NOT SO FRIGGIN WONDERFUL

Several years ago I worked for a company called Kartes video and communincations. They rereleased (sold)copies of old movies. My job was the master printer. I would load a film copy of an old movie onto the reel, load up about 500 VCR's and let er rip. The big draw back is that these VCR's as well as the reel needed monitoring. I.E. I had to watch the movies. From about the middle of October to the Middle of December we had to work 10 hr shifts. The most popular movie during that time of year is?? You guessed it. IT'S a fu*%ed up job. I mean ITS A WONDERFUL LIFE. 10 hrs a day for 2 months of ITS A WONDERFUL LIFE. I maybe saw it 12 times a day. The copy process ran a little faster than normal which gave Jimmy Stewart a chipmonk voice. At one point in time I new all the lines to all the actor parts.  

I will tell you that at one time we processed an order of 25000 copies of Deep Throat. 3 weeks of that in chipmonk voices will screw you up!
MordecaiCourage

Email

« Reply #77 on: Jan 19th, 2006, 2:39pm »

Too funny sk!!!

I guess I've seen it about a dozen times but over the span of 42 years.
Callie
Gridiron Great
# 219

Go, Gridironettes!

calliewall  
View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #78 on: Jan 19th, 2006, 7:09pm »

on Jan 19th, 2006, 2:39pm, MordecaiCourage wrote:
Too funny sk!!!

I guess I've seen it about a dozen times but over the span of 42 years.

How many times did you watch Deep Throat?  

“If life gives you lemons make orange juice. Let the rest of the world figure out how you did it.”
MordecaiCourage

Email

« Reply #79 on: Jan 19th, 2006, 9:39pm »

on Jan 19th, 2006, 7:09pm, Callie wrote:

How many times did you watch Deep Throat?

Callie!?!?!?!    

I don't recall ever watching Deep Throat!!

MordecaiCourage

Email

« Reply #80 on: Jan 19th, 2006, 9:41pm »

« Last Edit: Jan 19th, 2006, 9:43pm by MordecaiCourage » Logged
Callie
Gridiron Great
# 219

Go, Gridironettes!

calliewall  
View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #81 on: Jan 19th, 2006, 9:42pm »

(Read the post above the one of yours I quoted. )

Edit - I should have clarified:

on Jan 17th, 2006, 7:11am, steelkings wrote:

I will tell you that at one time we processed an order of 25000 copies of Deep Throat. 3 weeks of that in chipmonk voices will screw you up!

BTW - I've seen it.  
« Last Edit: Jan 19th, 2006, 9:51pm by Callie » Logged

“If life gives you lemons make orange juice. Let the rest of the world figure out how you did it.”
Callie
Gridiron Great
# 219

Go, Gridironettes!

calliewall  
View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #82 on: Jan 19th, 2006, 11:06pm »

You know, I just realized that I'm sitting here making jokes and having fun with you guys about movies, but I've never really told you what I really like. Not fair on my part. So....

5. Fred and Ginger movies, pick one

4. Marx Brothers movies, the one I saw last (I usually would say "A Night at the Opera" or "Horse Feathers.")

3. Action/Adventure, probably "ConAir."

2. Movies that show me how day-to-day life was for other people in other times. If it's accurate, "Gangs of New York" would be a good choice.

1. Always my top pick, the Allister Simms version, full version, of "A Christmas Carol."

Hope I've made it fair!
« Last Edit: Jan 19th, 2006, 11:07pm by Callie » Logged

Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer
Champ - '94, '99, '02, '04

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #83 on: Jan 20th, 2006, 12:26am »

on Jan 19th, 2006, 9:41pm, MordecaiCourage wrote:

Wasn't that supposed to be...
kidcrash
Head Coach
# 229

doh

View Profile Email

« Reply #84 on: Jan 20th, 2006, 8:37pm »

WOW,very funny SHIT.Atta girl Callie  

Here is my favorite all time movies

1. High Plains Drifter-Clint Eastwood.IMHO one of the best western movies ever made.Im not a big western movie fan but i love this movie.If by chance you never saw this movie give it a shot.It was filmed in the 1970's
I will not tell you about it.

2.One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest-Jack Nicholson
A movie about patients at a state mental hospital.Another movie from the 70's 1975 to be exact.

3.The Birds-Alfred Hitchcock.Scared the SHIT out of me as a kid.It seemed like every time i went to my grandmothers house for any holiday that movie was on
when the grownups sent the kids to the bedroom when they were going to play cards and tell dirty jokes and have drinks.Sorry another oldie.

4.Seabiscuit-Great movie.Everyone knows about this New classic.

5.The Silence of the lambs.Need I say more.

mmmm beer
MordecaiCourage

Email

« Reply #85 on: Jan 20th, 2006, 11:15pm »

on Jan 20th, 2006, 8:37pm, kidcrash wrote:

1. High Plains Drifter-Clint Eastwood.IMHO one of the best western movies ever made.Im not a big western movie fan but i love this movie.If by chance you never saw this movie give it a shot.It was filmed in the 1970's
I will not tell you about it.

2.One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest-Jack Nicholson
A movie about patients at a state mental hospital.Another movie from the 70's 1975 to be exact.

4.Seabiscuit-Great movie.Everyone knows about this New classic.

Yep all three of these were great! That's why in two earlier posts from Oct 3rd and 4th of '05 I said that I thought picking a top ten list was impossible...Well I did manage putting up a list, and even managed to explain why, but you just put 1 more title up I'd have to consider in my top 10..... Seabiscuit.

.....................and while you have me thinking, how about "Legends of the Fall". That would also rate up there for me (and like Seabiscuit) could knock around my "immpossible to rank" top 10 list.
« Last Edit: Jan 20th, 2006, 11:17pm by MordecaiCourage » Logged
steelkings

Email

« Reply #86 on: Jan 21st, 2006, 7:13am »

In your video store lies a very good movie

CRASH

AWESOME!
« Last Edit: Jan 23rd, 2006, 4:33pm by steelkings » Logged
kidcrash
Head Coach
# 229

doh

View Profile Email

« Reply #87 on: Jan 21st, 2006, 8:35am »

Thanks for the movie tip Steelkings i am going to rent it today.

mmmm beer
steelkings

Email

« Reply #88 on: Jan 23rd, 2006, 4:33pm »

What did you think of Crash?

I saw Lord of war yesterday. What a waste of time and 2.00 dollars. Horrible, horrible, movie!
Philly
UFF Primetime Prophet
# 29

Pay, I said pay attention, son.

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #89 on: Jan 24th, 2006, 10:17pm »

Crash was an amazing movie.  Sure, it was entertaining and had the all-star cast, but it's quite a thought provoker.

From a critical standpoint, I really enjoy the process of taking multiple storylines and bringing them all together.  Maybe it was how Seinfeld did it or how it was done in Love Actually (another movie I'd highly recommend), but I find that process fascinating.
Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #90 on: May 21st, 2006, 7:34am »

on Jan 8th, 2006, 12:04pm, StegRock wrote:
I DIGRESS...
    Gots a question for yous... I like horror movies and all, but... Recently I picked up the movie Saw on video (it was in a cheapy bin at Walmart). In hindsight, I'm thinkin' maybe I shouldn't have... Has anybody seen this thing or heard much about it? Bottom line, is this shit gonna freak my ass out??? Am I gonna come out of this, or should I say never come out of this, with the shakes, cryin' for momma...???

I FINALLY got around to popping this in and was, alas, able to see Saw (see-saw... ... I've been waiting to type that ).  It was okay.  It gets a little drab there for a while...  It's ALL ABOUT the ending...  Sweeeeet misdirection and twist...  But, still, overall,... eh...

I also watched, at the recommendation of one of my kid colleagues here at UH, Sin City.  Again, another "eh" flick...  It was creative,... but I found it rather shallow and, well, kiddish.  It is based on a comic book, so...  This, I think, is one of those generational things.  This colleague of mine, 22 years old, thinks this movie is the best thing since the invention of ice cream.  It's maybe how I felt back in the day about a movie like Escape From New York or something...

Anyway, I'm just happy that I have a bit of a life again (outside of Symbolic Logic)...
Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #91 on: May 24th, 2006, 4:28pm »

Well, over the last six or so months I had picked up two more videos and finally queued them up over the last few nights...  Friggin' HORENDOUS...

Looking to satisfy my hankering for horror (as Saw really didn't do it), I gave The Devil's Rejects a spin.  YIKES!  It's wasn't horror...  It was just horrible.  That's what the "horror/thriller" genre calls entertainment these days.  What happened to the good old SCARE... Gore and graphic violence do not equal a scare.  Mind you, there are gory, graphically violent movies that can provide a good scare.  Just think back to The Exorcist.  But gore and graphic violence just for the sake of gore and graphic violence seems to me to only have an appeal to,... well,... sick minds.

Next, I tried out a movie that I actually had heard wasn't good, but it was only $1.99 and I like action, super hero stuff...  The X-men...  Holy, CRAP!  I mean really...  Holy, CRAP, Batman! Can someone call up the Super Friends to save this thing?  ...  It was a smidgeon better than the former movie, but that's not really saying anything.

Of these four movies I've mentioned in my last couple posts that I happened to get my hands on, I've seen nothing but a bunch of "'eh' crap". I got to stay away from the $1.99-$5.99 bins at Walmart... ...
BarnabyWilde
Gridiron Great
CBFL Champ - '04
# 24

Hey Rock!Watch me pull the Gridiron out of my hat!

nygiants4life56   bpbagwell
View Profile Email

« Reply #92 on: May 24th, 2006, 4:45pm »

Being a big fan of super hero movies, I thought the X-Men movies were pretty good. Not great, but good. Looking forward to seeing X-Men 3 in the theaters.

Steg-, was it the 1st or 2nd X-Men movie you purchased? I liked the 2nd one a bit better than the 1st.

New York Giants...WORLD CHAMPS!!!!
Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #93 on: May 24th, 2006, 5:04pm »

The first...
Callie
Gridiron Great
# 219

Go, Gridironettes!

calliewall  
View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #94 on: May 24th, 2006, 5:25pm »

I like the X-Men, and I liked the first movie a lot.  It's based on a comic book series.  Think of it as a comic book thing and try it again.  

Did you ever watch the X-Men cartoon series?  I think they captured the characters from the comic books and the cartoon series very well!

(PS - I want to be Storm  )

Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #95 on: May 24th, 2006, 5:47pm »

on May 24th, 2006, 5:25pm, Callie wrote:
I like the X-Men, and I liked the first movie a lot. It's based on a comic book series. Think of it as a comic book thing and try it again.

That's funny...  That's EXACTLY what my friend who lent me Sin City said...  I've never been into comic books, so that's not likely to help (me see it in a different light)...

Quote:
Did you ever watch the X-Men cartoon series? I think they captured the characters from the comic books and the cartoon series very well!

(PS - I want to be Storm )

I think so,... but not religiously, so,... again,... I am at a loss.

Storm, by the way, is... But,... not as much as Calleigh from CSI, for me at least (as per the other thread).  However,... throw her in there with my Asian cutie and Ms. Procter,... ... I can't control my drool...
steelkings

Email

« Reply #96 on: May 25th, 2006, 7:05am »

They are making a brand new X Men Feature Film

These dudes
Team up with
These dudes

To take on this horrible creature

In turn saving these scared citizens who paused momentarily for a happy snap shot before returning to a state of panic
Special mattinee pricing will apply.

A Gridiron/ Steelkings/la-choi filmway production
MordecaiCourage

Email

« Reply #97 on: Jul 21st, 2006, 4:39pm »

Took my boys to see the 3-D version of Monster House today. If you are a fan of animation and of 3-D, you'd be happy with this one! Several small children there to see it too, and many screamed and cried. For small kids (under 6) it was pretty frightening I guess. My boys and I loved it (youngest is 6). This was worth the money just for the 3-D for me.

« Last Edit: Jul 21st, 2006, 4:45pm by MordecaiCourage » Logged
MordecaiCourage

Email

« Reply #98 on: Nov 28th, 2006, 11:09pm »

This movie was GREAT!!!!  

If you want to see a movie that has great family value...this is it! There are no-name actors in this film and initially it seems like a B movie. Despite the slow start, you'll quickly get into the story line and it will grab ya' !! Great David and Goliath story. This movie was only in 5 theatres in all of Houston so if you are in a small town you probably didn't get it, you'll have to rent it when it comes out. Great football setting but the movie is MORE than that.

Wholesome = Awesome
Drew Rosenhaus
GM
GBRFLer
Champ - '93, '03, '07, '12
# 54

View Profile

« Reply #99 on: Dec 11th, 2006, 3:53pm »

BORAT

If you like his humor, the movie is fantastic. I know I missed all sorts of jokes the first go-through because I was laughing so much.

Very nice.

She turned me into a newt!
A newt?
I got better. Burn her anyway!
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

Previous topic|Next topic

Fantasyfootballer.com's Gridiron » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.1!
YaBB 2000-2002,
Xnull. All Rights Reserved.

Most smilies provided by "MySmilies.com", "Jason's Smiley Collection" or "Clicksmilies.com".
"the Gridiron" Copyright 2002-2016 - Product of FantasyFootballer.com. All rights reserved.