In remembrance of 9/11/01

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Nov 19th, 2017, 8:58am EST

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members GamesGames Login Login Register Register
Fantasyfootballer.com's Gridiron Paying the bills

"Welcome to 'the Gridiron'... Fantasy football at its best!"

Fantasy Football News Feed Co-commissioner Services Add "the Gridiron" to your site
Lend a hand... Make a donation to "the Gridiron"!!!
   Fantasyfootballer.com's Gridiron
   the Gridiron
   the Sidelines
(Moderators: Replay Official, Side Judge, Line Judge, Umpire, Head Linesman, Back Judge, Field Judge, Referee)
   Paying the bills
Previous topic|Next topic
Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Paying the bills  (Read 7102 times)
Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer
Champ - '94, '99, '02, '04

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

Re: Paying the bills
« Reply #25 on: Jul 11th, 2007, 5:40am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

on Jul 6th, 2007, 11:18pm, StegRock wrote:
Well, we're at the one-week countdown 'til Friday the 13th (yea, I know... I don't have a Jason smiley), and as is the case every July 13th, I have to somehow ante up the BIGGEST "donation" of the year. I hope you all, at least who haven't already, plan to give me a hand,... and I don't mean... ...

Eh-hem...
Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #26 on: Jul 13th, 2007, 4:13pm »

So much for "It's a Wonderful Life" endings...  Fuckin' OUCH!!!  That fuckin' hurt today. My teets are dangling.
Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #27 on: Jun 24th, 2008, 6:20pm »

Well, as almost all of you who would be inclined to be here and reading this know, it won't just be my teets that'll be dangling soon here in the Stegeman household,... which, mind you, is an "unknown", some 2,000+ miles and a HUGE move betwixt to a place where we have NO family or close friends away,... AND IT IS "BILL SEASON" here on "the Gridiron".  Just what I need right now... from an extraneous source of debt in my life (I beseech you guys to put yourself in my shoes for just a moment and consider your expecting wife's reaction to such a situation).

Moving right along to the "bottom line",... of the two BIGGEST bills, one comes due in about three weeks, that would be the all-important web hosting fee, and the other, I must embarrassingly admit, is already past-due over a month, that is for "The REAL Feed".  Also, within the last month, I paid the bill for credit-card processing, and throughout the year I am paying all kinds of sundry registration and hosting fees.  BUT, RIGHT NOW is when the TWO BIGGIES hit me, and, a bit unbelievably as it has already been very hard on me to stay afloat heretofore, this year, vis-a-vis "life", it is going to be even more of a strain.

All things considered, the site's being somewhat "redirected", my "extreme" personal circumstances AND THE (BIGGER) PICTURE THAT PAINTS, I hope all you lovers of "the Gridiron" come through this billing season in a way that is "encouraging" to me... and in a way that is encouraging me to press on (in light of the '08 scale-back).  PLEASE HELP!!!
Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #28 on: Jul 1st, 2008, 5:34pm »

Ya know, guys,... with our three, albeit generous, contributions here as of late, we haven't even covered the (past-due) cost of "The REAL Feed" yet (I believe they've temporarily shut us down),... no less the more crucial cost of web hosting (due in less than two weeks), and this is not even to whisper the costs of anything more progressive, such as the magazine or some of the upgrades and features this site needs but are beyond my know-how or the limits on my time, and, on that note, dare I even mention a little leftover scratch for all the time and effort I have put into making this place a reality, or, gasp, my particular personal circumstances in the ever nearing future. Forget about that, right? This is NOT an encouraging development. I hope you guys have it in your hearts to change this reality. I'm approaching fed up, and my finances are about to hit the wall.
« Last Edit: Jul 1st, 2008, 5:36pm by Stegfucius » Logged
Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #29 on: Jul 2nd, 2008, 4:59am »

on Jul 1st, 2008, 5:34pm, StegRock wrote:
Ya know, guys,... with our three, albeit generous, contributions here as of late, we haven't even covered the (past-due) cost of "The REAL Feed" yet (I believe they've temporarily shut us down),... no less the more crucial cost of web hosting (due in less than two weeks), and this is not even to whisper the costs of anything more progressive, such as the magazine or some of the upgrades and features this site needs but are beyond my know-how or the limits on my time, and, on that note, dare I even mention a little leftover scratch for all the time and effort I have put into making this place a reality, or, gasp, my particular personal circumstances in the ever nearing future. Forget about that, right? This is NOT an encouraging development. I hope you guys have it in your hearts to change this reality. I'm approaching fed up, and my finances are about to hit the wall.

Well,... I just paid the piper to have "The REAL Feed" fired back up. Have a wonderful day...  Yours Truly, Daddy Warbucks...
« Last Edit: Jul 2nd, 2008, 5:03am by Stegfucius » Logged
Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #30 on: Jul 6th, 2008, 5:25am »

Just a reminder as to where you can go to begin the process of contributing to the site in a "substantive" . way:

http://www.fantasyfootballer.com/donate.htm.
Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #31 on: Jul 21st, 2008, 1:32am »

HELP!!!  PLEASE!!!
Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #32 on: Aug 2nd, 2008, 11:17pm »

on Jul 21st, 2008, 1:32am, StegRock wrote:
HELP!!!  PLEASE!!!

(Even with Dubs's fairly fat donation going through) Still ain't close to havin' the web hosting covered "by the proverbial 'group'"...  It was paid in full on July 13th, approaching one month ago.
Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #33 on: Nov 28th, 2008, 12:59am »

I know... everybody's "favorite" thread gettin' bumped to the top here... At any rate, reality is, I'm running this thing in the RED this year.  But, I am a realist.  I'm not expecting that to change.  "It's a Wonderful Life" is a crock of shit in reality.  But, in any case, all things considered, this is about the lousiest year for me to be operating this thing in the red as there can be.  I understand that the site has been scaled back this year.  But, all those afore-alluded-to "considerable" things were not a reason to stop "supporting" me and the site.  Rather, they were the reasons necessitating the scale-backs, and, quite the contrary, they were a "call for support".  In any event, to those of you whose brand of compassion this speaks to and whose wherewithal allows for,... well,... I hope you "respond" during this year's season of giving. Vis-a-vis the sheer existence of this site versus where I am in life, the need has never been greater.
Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #34 on: Dec 15th, 2008, 2:57pm »

Merry... Christmas...

10 days out...  Is there any chance I'm gonna hear any jingle... bells this season?
Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #35 on: Jun 25th, 2009, 2:45am »

Guys, with the generosity shown me by this year's group of CBFLers, I don't know who I am writing this to, actually...  I don't know if there's anybody else even paying attention.  BUT, I still GOTTA make this post, in any event.  It IS that time of year.  It's time to pay the two costliest bills the site incurs,... eh-hem,... I incur (I say it that way because in some quarters it has/had become fashionable to make it a point to make the distinction that it was the "site" that was being donated to, not... me,... but I digress...).  The all-important web hosting fee is coming due here very soon in the month of July, and the charge for "The REAL Feed" is due.  Actually, also, the annual fee I pay for credit-card processing is also due here in just about a week.  Mind yous, this will in good part be covered by the donations generated by the aforementioned reinstatement of the CBFL this year, but, the bad part is, not nearly in total, and, again, there is a bunch of other smaller charges that go with running a site like this that I am not mentioning but that surely add up.  Again, I realize that I am going to be running "the Gridiron" this year in the RED.  I am just trying to minimize the impact of the hit.  I hope, if you are reading this and have not made a (recent) financial contribution to the "site", you will strongly consider doing so.  Thank you in advance for your anticipated understanding and consideration!

Here's where to go if you are possibly interested in lending a hand:  http://www.fantasyfootballer.com/donate.htm.
Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #36 on: Jul 16th, 2009, 1:51am »

Just a reminder about/follow-up on the post right above,... if anybody happens to be reading this, hasn't recently donated to "the Gridiron", and is of a generous spirit and the means, please note that on July 13th I just got hit with the BIG bill, the one for the web hosting, while, also of note, the fee for the news feed is still pending (my ability to afford it).  If you can, PLEASE HELP...

http://www.fantasyfootballer.com/donate.htm.

I thank all readers for their anticipated understanding and consideration!
Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #37 on: Aug 3rd, 2009, 1:34am »

I, alas, just paid the (all things equal, affordable, but nevertheless three-digit sum) for "The REAL Feed" today... Though, from a personal perspective, it was barely doable at the moment, I couldn't hold off any longer...  Anyway, OUCH!  Are there any donations out there...???  ANYone...???
Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #38 on: Nov 27th, 2009, 10:08pm »

Merry... Christmas...???
Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #39 on: Jun 7th, 2010, 1:42am »

Ladies..., oh yea,... and Gents, ... I'll try to be as brief as possible with this...  I know "the Gridiron @FantasyFootballer.com" is in cruise control and, in fact, will be for at least another 15 or so months, that is, until my prelim examinations are hopefully, presumably out of the way at the end of next summer.  At that point - mind you, too late for next year's preseason (that is, if there is one) - I may be able to start ratcheting things back up on "the Gridiron" as school-wise all I'll be doing is dissertating (i.e., coursework will be behind me), and, as I've shared with some of you, I think I am a little ahead of the eight-ball on that, thanks in great measure to the additional (2/3) years of coursework... and contemplation I will have put into it.

In any event, though we may be in cruise control... for at least the next little while, we are running on fumes.  In fact, given our being in cruise control, the donations have really dried up, and I would say I am looking at the most challenging year yet.  The silver lining is that I do not think it can get worse.  But, this year and, I think, next could pose the greatest challenges of this stretch, and, well, if you read back through this thread, you will see that we are hitting the time of year when the big bills starting rolling in and bowling me over.

So, during this time I am truly relying on the greatest generosity ever of those who remain interested in seeing "the Gridiron" through this period and look forward to its resurgence (with an anticipatively more fiscally sound helmsman).  Do know that I understand the difficult timing of this plea given our nation's economic woes and how that may be affecting each of you and your families.  In return, though, please understand that to make ends meet here on "the Gridiron" this year, if donation totals are negligible, funds get subtracted, not from the summer family vacation, but from the basics of living (I mean we already don't go to the movies or out to eat or anything like that, which we are fine with, knowing the sacrifices requisite for such a path as I, we have taken; I am just trying to put this in perspective).  Again, I truly am relying on people's generosity to get us through this period.  In large measure, "the Gridiron's" making means you made it.

Thank you in advance for your time and anticipated thoughtful consideration.  More information on donating can be found here:  http://www.fantasyfootballer.com/donate.htm.  I am...

... Sincerely,
Steg
Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #40 on: Jul 11th, 2010, 12:54pm »

Roughly 8 years in and 48 hours out... and counting... until the big annual web-hosting hit,... and hoping for a miracle... from whatever handful of people are still paying attention... and care.
Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #41 on: Jul 12th, 2010, 8:31pm »

Well, it's T-minus about four hours until I gotta make the (first) BIG swipe... Any last minute love out there...???
Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #42 on: Jul 13th, 2010, 2:49am »

And,... SWIPED!!!
Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #43 on: Oct 2nd, 2010, 9:05pm »

Just bringing a little reality to things...  I just today paid NewsKnowledge for the news feed for the year (thank goodness they didn't shut me down during my exxxxxtended overdue time) and reinstated my account term length with Hostica back to one-year.  These lean years on "the Gridiron" have been an object lesson in making ends meet.
Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #44 on: Jul 13th, 2011, 1:45pm »

With the scaled-down era on "the Gridiron" in which we continue to be and now this year with the NFL lockout, I do not even know how many people are even paying attention, although the site does get significant traffic.  Anyway, two of my three biggest bills that keep this place up and running, one of which went up by 50% this year, have just recently been processed (OUCH!), and the third, which is actually due as of April, I am holding over a barrel for the time being because they are cool about it.  Bottom line, if you are looking at this and want this site to continue to hang in there until a time when I can consider ratcheting it back up, which is coming around the bend mind you, PLEASE consider lending a financial hand by way of this link: http://www.fantasyfootballer.com/donate.htm.  Thank you in advance for your kind consideration of assistance!
Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #45 on: Aug 12th, 2011, 11:21pm »

on Jul 13th, 2011, 1:45pm, StegRock wrote:
With the scaled-down era on "the Gridiron" in which we continue to be and now this year with the NFL lockout, I do not even know how many people are even paying attention, although the site does get significant traffic. Anyway, two of my three biggest bills that keep this place up and running, one of which went up by 50% this year, have just recently been processed (OUCH!), and the third, which is actually due as of April, I am holding over a barrel for the time being because they are cool about it. Bottom line, if you are looking at this and want this site to continue to hang in there until a time when I can consider ratcheting it back up, which is coming around the bend mind you, PLEASE consider lending a financial hand by way of this link: http://www.fantasyfootballer.com/donate.htm. Thank you in advance for your kind consideration of assistance!

Just needFULLY bumping...
Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #46 on: Sep 11th, 2012, 7:04pm »

Bills that keep this place up and running have crashed down on the shores of Steg throughout the spring and summer, the biggest in July.  I forgot to bump this thread then, but, after just paying one other fairly big one (CC processing), late mind you, and with another even BIGGER one still due, OVERdue (the news feed), I thought I ought to at this point...  Here's a cheers for your reading this and kindly considering the circumstances of this site...
Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #47 on: Jul 11th, 2013, 9:52pm »

Greetings!  'Tis that time of year.  The BIGGEST hit, the one for web hosting, "greets" me on the morrow!  Any help will be much appreciated! Here would be the link by way of which to help out: http://www.fantasyfootballer.com/donate.htm.  Thank you for your consideration.
Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #48 on: Jul 14th, 2014, 5:15am »

Biggest hit of the year just went through...  ANY assistance towards keeping this place afloat would be GREATLY appreciated!!!  PLEASE consider hitting up the donation link!  Thank you for your anticipated consideration!
Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #49 on: Jul 12th, 2015, 8:26am »

Biggest hit the site takes about to go through here on the 13th!  Any and all help is MUCH appreciated!  Here is a direct link to the donations page: http://www.fantasyfootballer.com/donate.htm.  Thanks in advance!
Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

Previous topic|Next topic

Fantasyfootballer.com's Gridiron » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.1!
YaBB 2000-2002,
Xnull. All Rights Reserved.

Most smilies provided by "MySmilies.com", "Jason's Smiley Collection" or "Clicksmilies.com".
"the Gridiron" Copyright 2002-2016 - Product of FantasyFootballer.com. All rights reserved.