In remembrance of 9/11/01

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Nov 23rd, 2017, 9:16pm EST

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members GamesGames Login Login Register Register
Fantasyfootballer.com's Gridiron G.T.K.Y.G. - Topic:  Politics

"Welcome to 'the Gridiron'... Fantasy football at its best!"

Fantasy Football News Feed Co-commissioner Services Add "the Gridiron" to your site
Lend a hand...  Make a donation to "the Gridiron"!!!
   Fantasyfootballer.com's Gridiron
   the Gridiron
   the Sidelines
(Moderators: Replay Official, Side Judge, Line Judge, Umpire, Head Linesman, Back Judge, Field Judge, Referee)
   G.T.K.Y.G. - Topic:  Politics
Previous topic|Next topic
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 23 24  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: G.T.K.Y.G. - Topic:  Politics  (Read 52388 times)
Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer
Champ - '94, '99, '02, '04

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

Re: G.T.K.Y.G. - Topic:  Politics
« Reply #550 on: Jul 3rd, 2014, 7:15pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

For you mainstream media-, perhaps CNN-, and definitely MSNBC-bots, please, as of now, consider yourselves apprised of the FACT that mass deportation, no less mass self-deportation, is NOT the ONLY position that Republicans and conservatives hold with respect to the immigration issue.  In fact, it is not even the prevailing opinion.  It is NOT the position of Bill O'Reilly, Charles Krauthammer and even Sean Hannity.  I do not think it is even the position of Mark Levin, though I think it is of Laura Ingraham.  Mind you, if such a position on ILLEGAL entrants into a country received no voices, was totally drowned out by the mob, I would suggest that that is not a good sign regarding the intellectual and legal health of our nation.  Deportation is impracticable, not unreasonable or irrational.  And, make no mistakes, amnesty is POLITICALLY driven!

Anyway, back to the main point, the one common thread among conservatives is: SECURE THE BORDER FIRST!  Fulfill the promise you made to Reagan some THIRTY years ago, Dems!  Fences work!  If the Chinese could get it done some TWO-THOUSAND FIVE-HUNDRED YEARS ago,... come on now... Once the the southern border is reasonably sealed, not that I agree with this, but there are Republicans out there who are basically for amnesty.  At any rate, in the face of so many having it shoved in their heads that "Fox lies," and mindlessly parroting it, MSNBC's or whoever's trumpeting that mass deportation is the only position of Republicans/conservatives REALLY is a BOLD BALD-FACED LIE!!!

We live in topsy-turvy times when those being lied to, having no clue really, claim with absolute resoluteness that those on the other side are the liars.
« Last Edit: Jul 3rd, 2014, 9:54pm by Stegfucius » Logged
DirkDiggler
Gridiron Great
GBRFLer
Champ - '14
# 5

View Profile

« Reply #551 on: Jul 6th, 2014, 12:07pm »

I am amused that Congress  aka Boehner is suing the president.  I actually think they will probably win as the president has tried to be creative.  (as have presidents from BOTH parties in the past.)

With that said, the irony is the House of Representatives has done everything they possibly can over the past 4 years to not pass any laws.  They are so focused on anti-obamacare they forgot to pass anything else.   Even two REPUBLICAN senators today were railing on the House in interviews this morning - for not being able to get anything done.  Their tact seems to be just go against the president.   Anything he does is wrong.   Well, then fucking do something productive.  

It is funny that everyone seems to think Cantor lost because he was not conservative enough.  I would offer, based on people who I know who voted in that election, that they were just sick of Cantor stalling every single bill.   (remember, in Virginia, it is OPEN primaries- and nyone can vote in the primaries)   It wasn't pro-teaparty, it was anti-getting stuff done.

"Every rule has an exception....the exception can't become the rule"
Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #552 on: Jul 6th, 2014, 4:04pm »

on Jul 6th, 2014, 12:07pm, DirkDiggler wrote:
It is funny that everyone seems to think Cantor lost because he was not conservative enough.  I would offer, based on people who I know who voted in that election, that they were just sick of Cantor stalling every single bill.   (remember, in Virginia, it is OPEN primaries- and nyone can vote in the primaries)   It wasn't pro-teaparty, it was anti-getting stuff done.

That makes ABSOLUTELY NO sense!  That would only make sense if Cantor's opponent, David Brat, was considered to be less conservative.  He is NOT!  And, he IS a Tea Partier!  Furthermore, that the primaries are open does not really help your argument.  In fact, it may speak against your argument insofar as it may be indicative of a resurgence of blue-dog democrats, which incidentally I would welcome.  At any rate, the topsy-turvy times in which we live yet again find confirmation when an obvious Obama supporter/apologist functionally equates the Tea Party and conservatism with getting stuff done.

Seriously, can you folks not see the subtle ill-logic that you have been hornswoggled into adopting in an effort to maintain inconsistent positions?  (Even with simple stuff, Gitmo - bad; drone strikes - good.  TOTALLY inconsistent!  The economy is getting better???  You even hear that idiocy, which contradicts experience, from some business ikes and Wall Street tankers on FOX, mind you.  On the other hand, to be clear, no, abortion - bad, death penalty - good are NOT inconsistent positions like the left wants you to, again illogically, believe and superficially spout out like a drone. )  Do you not see the intellectual pretzel you have been made into?  The intellectual contortions of left-sided reasoning are truly mesmerizing!  Do you ever take pause???
« Last Edit: Jul 6th, 2014, 4:07pm by Stegfucius » Logged
Travistotle
GM
GBRFLer
Champ - '06
# 414

Semper Philosophans

View Profile

« Reply #553 on: Aug 4th, 2014, 12:59pm »

on Apr 8th, 2014, 1:42am, StegRock wrote:

T, what about a couple entering into a union with the intent of adopting?  Do you think it can be said that they are entering into a marriage?

Strictly speaking, it would depend on other things, I think. If the couple intended not to have children of their own but rather to adopt, it would be questionable at least. But this sort of situation is probably very rare if non-existent unless there are medical issues prompting this decision - if the wife is barren, e.g., and in these latter kinds of cases, I think entering the marriage with the intent to adopt has a much different character than positively intending, for some reason, not to have children of one's own and yet to adopt. Again, the question is whether one acts for and intends having children, regardless of whether one is actually able to have them: the positive intention altogether to obstruct the natural result and purpose of sexuality constitutes a rejection of marriage as such, whereas a medical condition naturally impeding the having of children does not. This is indicated by the fact that marriage is not a declaration of love or acknowledgement that a couple has children but rather a set of vows, a commitment to certain goods/ends.  

I note that such a position flies in the face of postmodern thought on gender, sexuality, etc., precisely because the latter rejects the commonsense, universal givens of bodily existence as mental projections/constructs or as meaningless arrangements of mere matter incidental to one's being/identity: i.e., it embraces the idealist horn of the cartesian dilemma. I reject this position entirely and without qualms or doubts, since among other things it is contradicted by the daily experience of life that by our actions, at least, we all acknowledge as real.

Thoughts?
Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #554 on: Nov 11th, 2014, 7:10pm »

Just wanted to share these "goodies" with the site...

Co-architect of Obamacare:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G790p0LcgbI.
Really???  What an "I know what is better for you than you know what is better for you" attitude!  Is such smug condescension toward and even disdain for the American electorate from "leadership" now acceptable?

And, then, doesn't this article make points worth reflecting on?
http://www.nationalreview.com/article/391277/whats-bad-america-good-demo crats-dennis-prager.
Yea, it is general, but it seems like a fairly accurate depiction of a pesky, troublesome state of affairs.  I mean, insofar as he has a point, is it not to our peril to ignore it?
Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #555 on: Dec 22nd, 2014, 5:45pm »

NYC's Bill DeBlasio during a press conference today about the two slain police officers accused the media -- and one media member in particular -- of making the majority of the protesters out to be bad and violent based on the actions of a few.  Intellectually dishonest hypocrite!  Even worse, actually...  DeBlasio and, for that matter, Obama, Holder, et al., what about YOUR making the majority of police out to be bad and racist based on a few isolated incidences?  This is what your sweeping declarations about the need to change "the system" in effect do because the implication is that the problems are system-wide!  Hey, fellas, apply that same logic that DeBlasio applied today to your own words regarding the problems with rampant racism among the police, for that matter, the society, America, and the need for changes to "the system", which -- let's be honest for once -- is all based on hyperbole for the sake of a leftist political agenda!
Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #556 on: Mar 20th, 2015, 3:21pm »

What is up with Google and their springtime logo??? They are so "hemispherist".  It is heading into autumn in many parts of the world!  What they have done is also demonstrative of "four season-bias".  You know, Google, there are places in the world that do not really get four seasons!  How dare you be so bold about expressing your despicable "hemispherism" with your "four season-bias"???  Take down your graphic, Google, and get on the side of "climatological justice"!!!

« Last Edit: Mar 20th, 2015, 3:22pm by Stegfucius » Logged
Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #557 on: Mar 27th, 2015, 6:42pm »

So, on FNC's "The Five" today liberal-leaning democrat commentator Juan Williams heralds Harry Reid, master partisan divider who is, alas, retiring from the Senate.  Then, in the very next segment they segued to, Williams complains about the lack of civility with which his young black conservative son is treated!!!  Are you friggin' kiddin' me?  You really do not see the inconsistency in those two claims.  For goodness sake, Reid is the founding father of incivility toward and hatred for conservatives in the modern day.  Good riddance, Harry...  Now, we possibly have to look forward to another hypocrite (see vote against Condoleeza Rice) Dick Durbin. The line of democrat low-lifes is seemingly never-ending.
Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #558 on: Mar 31st, 2015, 1:05am »

What is up with all these people against this Indiana RFRA law and not wanting Muslims to practice their religion the way they see fit???  I cannot believe we have so many anti-Muslim bigots in America!
DirkDiggler
Gridiron Great
GBRFLer
Champ - '14
# 5

View Profile

« Reply #559 on: Apr 3rd, 2015, 12:31pm »

on Mar 31st, 2015, 1:05am, StegRock wrote:
What is up with all these people against this Indiana RFRA law and not wanting Muslims to practice their religion the way they see fit???  I cannot believe we have so many anti-Muslim bigots in America!

You can sleep again cause the law is still on the books.  They are safe.  

Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #560 on: May 29th, 2015, 10:48pm »

I am learning that with respect to problems needing solutions, when liberals, progressives, leftists, statists, throwing their hands up in the air, say, "I just do not know what can be done.  It is complex," that is not really what they mean.  For example (all things I have heard)...
  • I just do not know what to do about our failing public schools.  It is a complex problem.  But, every child deserves an education, right?  And, that means it has to be free.
  • I just do not know what to do about Iraq.  The middle east is a complex region.  Anyway, Bush caused the problem.
  • (A little bit of different sense, but same in spirit...)  I do not know how the republicans can disagree with healthcare reform (meaning Obamacare).  What else could we have done?  They have no ideas.

What the "I do not knows" and "It is complexes" mean is that there are no answers in the progressive playbook,... which, mind you, there really are not!

There are answers, though, straightforward ones at that.  They just ain't listening!  To the above, respectively...
  • School vouchers!
  • A S.O.F.A. and true military base/community of 20,000+ soldiers!
  • Public healthcare savings accounts with private health insurance for catastrophic illness or injury!

Please do not misunderstand me.  I am not saying that all the details have been hammered out and that there is no debate to be had.  I am just saying that these options are unfathomable to progressives.  When you tell them about these alternatives and explain a little bit about them, it is like you are delivering breaking news!  Meanwhile, I am reasonably well-informed about liberal ideas.
« Last Edit: May 29th, 2015, 11:07pm by Stegfucius » Logged
Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #561 on: Jun 17th, 2015, 9:28pm »

I just sent in the following message to Bill O'Reilly.  It almost definitely will not see the light of day on The Factor, but I will post it here where it can at least see the light of a random fantasy footballer's dim flashlight while rummaging through "the Gridiron".  The message is in relation to his tacit dismissal of the importance of the issue of the case of disgraced Spokane NAACP President Rachel Dolezal, who has now resigned.  Have to keep it pithy for the show, so the additional content in parentheses was not included in the e-mail to them:

Dolezal matters because she stands at the intersection of so many (deep-seated, interconnected and troubling) issues (that America faces): rampant (epistemological relativism and) leftist indoctrination in academia (especially regarding race and gender), (which leads to a) politics of victimization and division, white guilt, (and) moral relativism(, and then there are also the issues of) mental illness and even the breakdown of the family.

Here is how it went in to The Factor.  It is much smoother even if it loses much of the more advanced, nuanced meaning:

Dolezal matters because she stands at the intersection of so many issues: rampant leftist indoctrination in academia, politics of victimization and division, white guilt, moral relativism, mental illness and even the breakdown of the family.
« Last Edit: Jun 18th, 2015, 4:08pm by Stegfucius » Logged
Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #562 on: Jun 19th, 2015, 7:48pm »

In relation to this hate-filled tragedy that unfolded in South Carolina on Wednesday, I heard a young gal, who was being interviewed, say that we are tired of the hate and that we have to end the hate against, and then she went on with the usual laundry list of perceived disenfranchised minority categories.

Much like my post right above, this gal stands unwittingly at the crossroads of what faces America.  What is this hate of which she speaks?

Is being against gay marriage hate?  Is hating the person who is against gay marriage hate?  There are lots of people who are against gay marriage but do not hate a gay person for being gay.  Indeed, there are some gay people who are against gay marriage.  Then, there are the things that have happened like to Mozilla co-founder and Firefox developer Brendan Eich!

What happened in South Carolina was filled with hatred, an act committed by a young man hateful towards black people.  That is pure hatred and racism, and seeing it for what it is helps us overcome hate and racism, and, of course, not seeing hate and racism where it occurs provides a breeding ground for more hatred and racism, but so does seeing hate and racism where it is not!  These are the crossroads of narrative and truth at which we find ourselves in America.
Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #563 on: Jun 24th, 2015, 8:55pm »

This is NOT being asked as a rhetorical question!  I seek responses...  I hope some folks who stroll "the Gridiron" respond...

The pivotal question that cuts to the core of the troubles in today's America is simply the following...

Do you think America is a great country?

What is YOUR answer?
Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #564 on: Jun 27th, 2015, 7:53am »

There was a reply posted here from DirkDiggler.  What happened to it?

On a different but related note, is this such a difficult question to answer (for Americans)!?!?
Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #565 on: Jul 4th, 2015, 5:42am »

I am not leaving that question I posed above behind.  I did not foresee, especially with the 4th of July approaching, its being this hard to answer, that is, so much so that someone deleted their "affirmative" answer.  What is up with that? Are we this far gone?

At any rate, three bullet-point items...

FIRST, leftist George Takei spews racist invective:

George Takei Apologizes For Calling Clarence Thomas A 'Clown In Blackface'

The response on the left to Takei's racist comment was unapologetic (as you can see in the comments section for this article) even though Takei apologized the next day.  Just as proof in the pudding as to how deep the leftist indoctrination via academia runs in America, I would not even characterize these people as the far left, yet they do not think an apology for this overtly racist comment was even necessary!  Meanwhile, in the spirit of intellectual honesty, we all know that, if a republican or conservative had said the same thing about, say, Barack Obama or Eric Holder, no apology would be enough for these very same people.  Indeed, they would seek to DESTROY that person.  That is the absolute heighth of hypocrisy, double-standards and intellectual dishonesty.  Such blatant walking contradictions as these people could only exist in a society overrun by extreme relativistic thinking, which I have discussed earlier on this thread.  I fear that the whole of the left, that is, including the center-left and even moderates and perhaps even some on the center-right (yea, that is how far gone I think we may be) have more or less become infected by far-left "thinking".

SECOND, a true American hero...

Andrew Young weighs in on the Confederate flag debate.

There should be no disdain for that sentiment, right?  ...  Well, on the left...???  I guess, for the left Mr. Young is a "clown in blackface".  I would call him a hero who genuinely wants to see healing and progress in America.

THIRD, amid silly rhetoric from our commander-in-chief about gays now being able to feel like they have the "right to love" as if love is something the government has to affirm, the real philosophical concern regarding the issue of gay marriage is the deproblematization of homosexuality.  What do I mean here?  The acceptance of gay marriage brings homosexuality into the mainstream.  It makes homosexuality normal.  That means that homosexuality is not a problem.  If it is not (seen as) a problem, then there is no need for a solution (by definition).  Meanwhile, the claim these days is that sexual orientation is not a choice.  I think the distinction between disposition and action throws a wrench in that claim, but I am more than willing to grant it.  But, then, that means that, when one's psycho-physical gender is (biologically) inconsistent with one's sexual orientation, that is a problem!  It is a psychological/socio-psychological, mental/neurological, physical/chemical and/or genetic problem, for which there may be a psychiatric, neurosurgical, pharmaceutical and/or genetically engineered solution.  OR, now does such research make one a bigot!?!?!?

Oh, the tangled webs the do-gooders on the left weave (all for votes, mind you), and all of America is stuck in them (on the surface, it is called political correctness).
« Last Edit: Jul 4th, 2015, 4:20pm by Stegfucius » Logged
Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #566 on: Jul 4th, 2015, 5:30pm »

This thread is "behaving" awfully unusually lately.  I logged in this morning (my time in Hawaii) to see this thread bumped up, on the "the Sidelines" board home page, above the "Happy 4th of July" thread, to which I added a post after I had made the post immediately above on this thread.  It is as if someone made a post on this thread and then deleted it (as the threads do not get automatically chronologically reordered on the board home page).

Witnessing what is going on here reminds me of this circumstance, which is the exact opposite but in the same vain...

on Jun 22nd, 2013, 7:11pm, StegRock wrote:
Anybody with a YouTube account want to help me here?  Two well-reasoned, very mildly caustic posts I made were SCRUBBED!  I cannot repost them because I have been BLOCKED!  Talk about the "dog whistle" as an un-self-reflective Chris Matthews would say...  This m.o. extends from the very top to the very bottom (YouTube videos with 400 views ).  This is not theory.  This is fact, and the fact that the drones just do it without direct orders "from the top" is -- think it through -- scarIER!

Anyway, here is a link to screen shots of the YouTube pages from which I have been BLOCKED to post.  (The "blocked" message you can see came up after I tried to repost the messages.)

http://www.fantasyfootballer.com/LibCensorship.htm.

Here are the two posts...

This first post went with: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oN5TIr67jnU.

To follow this guy's logic through,... with Nixon, Republicans did set aside partisanship and do the right thing, but Democrats are not doing that now.  MSNBC is for mental midgets.

This second post went with: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=46R6BLc7aHE.

Yea, but it was already (mis)interpreted as "primarily"!  This does not serve to answer why only conservative groups were targeted while 501(c)(4) [and, for that matter, (3)] status was readily being granted to left-wing groups, including, but not limited to, the PRESIDENT's very own "Organizing for Action", MoveOn.org and "The Barack H. Obama Foundation", which was founded by Obama's Kenyan half-brother.  Mr. O'Donnell misses the point,... tendentiously of course.

When you have to mislead, lie, suppress others (and yourself?) and contradict yourself, you are NOT on the side of the truth!
Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #567 on: Jul 6th, 2015, 9:24pm »

Suspect in killing of San Francisco woman had been deported five times

Where are all the cries, "If it just saves one life"?

Oh, right, that is just for when it fits the left's narrative!
Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #568 on: Aug 1st, 2015, 6:44pm »

Some "Black Lives Matter" spokeswoman says that Bill O'Reilly's coverage of their movement (like their ridiculous antics vis-à-vis Democratic Presidential Candidate Martin O'Malley's comment during a town hall-style interview that -- Heaven forbid -- all lives matter) fuels the mindset of scumbags like the one who shot those folks down in the church in South Carolina.  Her accusation is very revealing.  Such is surely not the logical implication of O'Reilly's reportage and commentary.  Of course, as a diehard (and blowhard) of the left, that is not what she means, though.  She means the emotional implication (impact) of his exposé.  Well, since that is what she means, she needs to turn the finger of critique back at herself and her group because, if we are talking emotional implications, her group's actions (like those referenced above, which O'Reilly is just exposing and critically discussing) serve to mold the mind of a racist much more than O'Reilly's commentary.  Indeed, he is just exposing them.  Their actions are the primary factor.

If you vote democrat, this is what you are emboldening and beholden to.  It is bad!  "All lives matter" is a truism.  If you have a motto that undermines the expression of such a simple truism, you need a new motto.  This is precisely the case with the moniker "Black lives matter."  It seeks revenge not justice, and, if kept, it will foment division and hatred, obviously not unity.
Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #569 on: Aug 4th, 2015, 5:44pm »

Well, I still have a couple "pending" questions on this thread, but I feel compelled to pose the question (an otherwise idiot) Chris Matthews posed Democratic National Committee Chair (mental midget) Debbie Wasserman-Schultz.

What is the difference between a Democrat and a Socialist???

The Wasser could not answer it.  Nobody seems able to!  Can you?
DirkDiggler
Gridiron Great
GBRFLer
Champ - '14
# 5

View Profile

« Reply #570 on: Aug 4th, 2015, 7:54pm »

on Aug 4th, 2015, 5:44pm, StegRock wrote:
Well, I still have a couple "pending" questions on this thread, but I feel compelled to pose the question (an otherwise idiot) Chris Matthews posed Democratic National Committee Chair (mental midget) Debbie Wasserman-Schultz.

What is the difference between a Democrat and a Socialist???

The Wasser could not answer it.  Nobody seems able to!  Can you?

So, did she not know the answer (as your friends at Fox news say) or did she AVOID the answer?  

The second point that is getting misconstrued is that Bernie Sanders is not a socialist.   He is a democratic socialist.  And yes, there is a difference.   He often cites Sweden, Norway, Denmark, as  ideal governments and they are all democratic socialist governments.   I just mention that because if you want to know the difference between Socialist and Democrat, you probably should want to know the difference between Democratic Socialist and Democrat.  The term socialist is getting thrown around a lot- and it is not always appropriate.

You may also want to ask the difference between a Republican and Plutocrat.  

« Last Edit: Aug 4th, 2015, 8:02pm by DirkDiggler » Logged

Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #571 on: Aug 4th, 2015, 9:53pm »

on Aug 4th, 2015, 7:54pm, DirkDiggler wrote:
So, did she not know the answer (as your friends at Fox news say) or did she AVOID the answer?

Is there really a meaningful distinction there?

Quote:
The second point that is getting misconstrued is that Bernie Sanders is not a socialist.   He is a democratic socialist.  And yes, there is a difference.   He often cites Sweden, Norway, Denmark, as  ideal governments and they are all democratic socialist governments.   I just mention that because if you want to know the difference between Socialist and Democrat, you probably should want to know the difference between Democratic Socialist and Democrat.  The term socialist is getting thrown around a lot- and it is not always appropriate.

Count Singapore in that list with the Scandinavian countries.  Ideal "governments"? Interesting way to frame it, Bernie!  Ideal "societies", they are NOT!  But, they really are not socialist, anyway.  They are state-run capitalist countries.  State-run capitalism, somewhat like the kibbutz, is really only sustainable in small countries, like all the ones we have cited.  We,... eh-hem,... YOUR types talk about the 1%-ers in America.  In state-run capitalist China, it is the .00006%-ers.  There is REALLY no such thing as Democratic Socialism, philosophically (and historically).  Even though you can get away with it in small countries (not that life in those aforementioned countries is all hunky-dory, mind you), the arc of true socialism bends toward communism, NOT democracy.  Do your homework and spend the better part of a decade mastering your Marx and Engels, Hobbes, More, et al.  Do you even know what "Utopia" means?

Quote:
You may also want to ask the difference between a Republican and Plutocrat.

That is sheer demagoguery, Steve, as your reply testifies.  CHRIS MATTHEWS raised the question, for goodness sake, and, anyway, you are owning the socialist dimension of the Democrat party.

Marco Rubio, Ted Cruz, Ben Carson, Scott Walker, Chris Christie, Bobby Jindal,... Plutocrats??? There are so-called Plutocrats on both sides.  Hillary Clinton, PLUTOCRAT!!!  Al Gore, Plutocrat!!!  Worse yet, Elizabeth Warren, HYPOCRITE PLUTOCRAT, that is, straight-up apparatchik Socialist, a.k.a. Classical American Progressive Plutocrat, who nevertheless took advantage of entitlements meant for REAL minorities!!!  Democrat plutocrats are worse.  They are disingenuous about their plutocracy and always have been.  Trump owns it!  Good for him!  Democrats just use the word plutocrat as a way to demonize success without appearing to do so.  Socialism and Communism have awful histories.  Plutocracies (per se), not so much so!  The only reason you even know the word plutocrat, Steve, really, is because it is a Democrat buzzword for demonizing Republicans.  Socialism is not a mere buzzword.  It has a rich history of massive atrocities!  In America, we are seeing it unfold yet again via Planned Parenthood, but I digress...  Socialist plutocrats are way worse than capitalist plutocrats, Steve.  That is what history tells us.  Socialist plutocrats are not democratic.  That is what philosophy and history tell us.

But, anyway, you can go back to your lemming walk now...
« Last Edit: Aug 6th, 2015, 6:07pm by Stegfucius » Logged
Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #572 on: Aug 8th, 2015, 3:23am »

on Aug 4th, 2015, 9:53pm, StegRock wrote:
There is REALLY no such thing as Democratic Socialism, philosophically (and historically).  Even though you can get away with it [socialism] in small countries ...

You may wonder why this is the case...  The egalitarianism, that is, the imagined equality of material and social conditions upon which socialism is based (and, thus, toward which it naturally tends) demands uniformity (conformity) of thought.  We all have to think the same way.  Otherwise, it all falls apart.  Think it all the way through!  There must be ideological unanimity regarding those conditions.

So, there can be no ideological diversity.  Without (the possibility of) ideological pluralism democracy is pointless.  Indeed, rationality is pointless.  Irrationality and, thus, authoritarianism reign in a socialistic world taken to its logical ends for conformity of thought must be (forcibly) maintained.  History corroborates this.  Socialism is not pluralistic.  Socialism is not democratic.  Indeed, the necessary conditions for democracy and socialism are OPPOSITE!!!

You can see this herd mentality and morality clearly in the Democrat party.  It goes under the guise of political correctness and, more insidiously, social engineering.  If you do not follow the party line, if you do not think what "we" think, you are deemed an immoral bigot.  The argument comes to its irrational end right there.  "You are a racist," is one popular refrain.  There is also the smugly disdainful, "How can you think otherwise?"  We have seen this lack of intellectual depth of the left on this very thread.

Now, a modicum of socialism, like to the degree of state-run capitalism, can be pursued in small societies wherein the relatively requisite amount of that necessary uniformity of thought can be maintained.  Such is not the U.S.A.

Understand that I am not even putting the puzzle pieces together here.  I am just pointing at the puzzle!  The pieces are already put together by history and philosophy.
Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #573 on: Aug 9th, 2015, 4:50pm »

I love watching leftist democrats eat their young, or in this case their elders...

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/bernie-sanders-leaves-seattle-sta ge-after-event-disrupted-by-black-lives-matter-protesters/ar-BBly5dD?ocid=ASUDHP  
Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #574 on: Sep 18th, 2015, 5:12pm »

Media sensationalism, including Fox News, and inarticulate, cowardly Republicans continue to fall prey to the Democrat's politics of divide and conquer...  The truth on the following matter is at neither of the extremes with which it is typically expressed, the prevailing extreme being that of the mainstream media and the Democrat party.

For the record...

Obama is NOT a Muslim.  HOWEVER, he is a Muslim apologist or sympathizer the likes of which we have never had in the White House, and it has had a negative impact on American foreign policy and stability in the world, period!
« Last Edit: Sep 18th, 2015, 5:13pm by Stegfucius » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 23 24  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

Previous topic|Next topic

Fantasyfootballer.com's Gridiron » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.1!
YaBB © 2000-2002,
Xnull. All Rights Reserved.

Most smilies provided by "MySmilies.com", "Jason's Smiley Collection" or "Clicksmilies.com".
"the Gridiron" Copyright © 2002-2016 - Product of FantasyFootballer.com. All rights reserved.