In remembrance of 9/11/01

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Apr 17th, 2024, 7:20pm EST

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members GamesGames Login Login Register Register
Fantasyfootballer.com's Gridiron G.T.K.Y.G. - Topic:  Politics

"Welcome to 'the Gridiron'... Fantasy football at its best!"

LeagueStation.com               Co-commissioner Services

Lend a hand...  Make a contribution to help keep "the Gridiron @FantasyFootballer.com" up and independently running!!!
   Fantasyfootballer.com's Gridiron
   the Gridiron
   the Sidelines
(Moderators: Referee, Back Judge, Head Linesman, Side Judge, Line Judge, Umpire, Field Judge, Replay Official)
   G.T.K.Y.G. - Topic:  Politics
Previous topic|Next topic
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 25  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: G.T.K.Y.G. - Topic:  Politics  (Read 84098 times)
Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer
Champ - '94, '99, '02, '04

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

Re: G.T.K.Y.G. - Topic:  Politics
« Reply #600 on: Jan 29th, 2020, 5:55pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Do politicians do ANYTHING without factoring in their political self-interests?
Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #601 on: Jan 31st, 2020, 9:31pm »

The actions of the DNC demonstrate how the democrat party is fundamentally anti-constitutionalist.
Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #602 on: Feb 4th, 2020, 1:54pm »

And, democrats say elections run by republicans are illegitimate and rigged.  The democrat party at this juncture in history is either incompetent or corrupt... OR BOTH, and they fashion their brand on leftist groupthink driven by emotions over reason with academia acting as their incubator.  Then, they wonder why Sanders is their guy.
Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #603 on: Feb 6th, 2020, 5:51pm »

Some have proffered the notion that America is headed for a civil war and perhaps even a split.  I think that is hyperbole.  However, it used to be commonplace to say that we all, liberals and conservatives, left and right, democrats and republicans, want the same thing, and that we just differ about HOW to go about getting it done.  The "how" may be different, but the "what" is the same.  That was naive, but even if false, it was a unifying notion.  But, now I think we have reached a point when the divide in the "how" has become so great that the "what" is no longer the same.  Both the process and the vision of rugged individualism are vastly different than that of cradle-to-grave collectivism.
Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #604 on: Mar 24th, 2020, 12:02am »

I do not even love the coronavirus bill that the House sent over to the Senate.  However, all but the most sycophantic of far-leftists must see that Puppet Master Pelosi, Cuck Schumer and the dems' quashing of the bill is utterly despicable and also revelatory of the kind of political operators and opportunists the dems are!

Nanc, while she was making her announcement about the rejection in the Senate of the bill HER House had passed...

Ugh...
DirkDiggler
Gridiron Great
GBRFLer
Champ - '14, '23
# 5

View Profile

« Reply #605 on: Mar 25th, 2020, 9:59am »

on Mar 24th, 2020, 12:02am, Stegfucius wrote:
I do not even love the coronavirus bill that the House sent over to the Senate.  However, all but the most sycophantic of far-leftists must see that Puppet Master Pelosi, Cuck Schumer and the dems' quashing of the bill is utterly despicable and also revelatory of the kind of political operators and opportunists the dems are!

Nanc, while she was making her announcement about the rejection in the Senate of the bill HER House had passed...

Ugh...

And the original bill the Republicans drafted in the senate didnt have any right leaning agendas?    

Please.   Both sides were guilty of putting their non-biased agenda forward.   (and for the record, I thought the crap the Democrats were trying to put in were ridiculous as well)

I am glad they got their shit together and drafted a compromise bill.  
« Last Edit: Mar 25th, 2020, 10:02am by DirkDiggler » Logged

"Every rule has an exception....the exception can't become the rule"
Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #606 on: Mar 25th, 2020, 9:03pm »

on Mar 25th, 2020, 9:59am, DirkDiggler wrote:

And the original bill the Republicans drafted in the senate didnt have any right leaning agendas?    

Please.   Both sides were guilty of putting their non-biased agenda forward.   (and for the record, I thought the crap the Democrats were trying to put in were ridiculous as well)

I am glad they got their shit together and drafted a compromise bill.  

By all means, please outline the kind of "goodies" (outside of the apparently loose oversight of the loans to big corps, which I too think should be tight(ened)) that republicans wanted (that measure up to the huge, ideologically driven, and TOTALLY UNRELATED-to-the-crisis-at-hand ones the dems tried to sneak in)?  I am more than willing to be enlightened...
DirkDiggler
Gridiron Great
GBRFLer
Champ - '14, '23
# 5

View Profile

« Reply #607 on: Mar 26th, 2020, 1:23pm »

on Mar 25th, 2020, 9:03pm, Stegfucius wrote:

By all means, please outline the kind of "goodies" (outside of the apparently loose oversight of the loans to big corps, which I too think should be tight(ened)) that republicans wanted (that measure up to the huge, ideologically driven, and TOTALLY UNRELATED-to-the-crisis-at-hand ones the dems tried to sneak in)?  I am more than willing to be enlightened...

Well, the complete lack of oversight and lack of conditions is the main thing.   Doesn't everything fall under that essentially?   Here is a billion dollars,  do what you want.   Unfortunately, in the past, companies have demonstrated the stock price is the primary guidance in decision making.   The other concern was the lack of transparency initially proposed.     I think both sides came up with a reasonable, but not perfect solution.    I wish they could work like this on more issues and realize how petty some of the things they disagree on are in the grand scheme of things.    

« Last Edit: Mar 26th, 2020, 1:25pm by DirkDiggler » Logged

Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #608 on: Mar 27th, 2020, 2:29pm »

Well, the never-let-a-crisis-go-to-waste dems made sure to get some wasteful spending, which will not help dick, into the bill.  Sad thing, as DD points out, that was "in exchange for" tighter oversight and regulations on the big-corporate loan money, which republicans should have made sure was the case from the get-go.  It is kabuki theater... of the absurd,... to mix metaphors.
Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #609 on: Apr 2nd, 2020, 2:50am »

False dichotomies abound in the day and age in which we find ourselves.  For example, as it relates to the fight against the corona...

You either set aside economic considerations or you want people to die.

But, this one, as regards media consumption, I fear, is NOT...

You are either watching Communist Chinese propaganda packaged for Trump haters or seeing people make a difference in the fight against coronavirus.
DirkDiggler
Gridiron Great
GBRFLer
Champ - '14, '23
# 5

View Profile

« Reply #610 on: Apr 2nd, 2020, 2:01pm »

on Apr 2nd, 2020, 2:50am, Stegfucius wrote:
False dichotomies abound in the day and age in which we find ourselves.  For example, as it relates to the fight against the corona...

You either set aside economic considerations or you want people to die.

But, this one, as regards media consumption, I fear, is NOT...

You are either watching Communist Chinese propaganda packaged for Trump haters or seeing people make a difference in the fight against coronavirus.

I am not sure I understand the second statement.   When you say 'people', who are you referring to?  Are you comparing to Trumps admin making a difference?  Health care workers making a difference?    

Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #611 on: Apr 2nd, 2020, 7:05pm »

Well, DD, such a reply, insofar as it is sincere, which I believe it to be, is with all due respect indicative of a lack of either information or thinking it through, but I digress.  First, logically, I must be talking about those who have a choice to spread Communist Chinese propaganda as well as TDS or not to.  So, I am talking about neither those who are on the front lines, e.g. healthcare workers, nor those for whom spreading such "information" is not in their interest, e.g. the administration.

I am talking about those in the media who are -- not, for what can only be partisan purposes, turning our attention away from -- but rather relentlessly reporting on and raising awareness about life-saving treatment, such as hydroxychloroquine + azithromycin, as well as ill-advised practices, such as using reusable grocery bags, on the one hand, and on the other, not using face masks when going out in public.  These suggestions are now being implemented and/or (having to be) addressed in jurisdictions at various levels and making a difference... in people's lives, and that is just to name a couple.
Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #612 on: Apr 15th, 2020, 9:58pm »

So, who (in the media and what political party) is on the side of money in the cover-up of China vis-à-vis, not just the corona, but human rights abuses as in Hong Kong, Taiwan, Tibet, the Uyghur Muslims, Fulan Gong, organ harvesting, etc., and constantly saying that there is no there there???

Think... the same people who roughly a year ago castigated, besmirched and literally tried to destroy Nicholas Sandman and the kids of Covington Catholic, Supreme Court nominee and now Justice Brett Kavanaugh, but heralded a cut-off-your-balls-and-feed-them-to-you Super Bowl commercial by Gillette.  You know... the same people who have basically gotten EVERYTHING wrong for the last four years.
« Last Edit: Apr 15th, 2020, 9:59pm by Stegfucius » Logged
Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #613 on: Apr 16th, 2020, 11:40pm »

on Apr 15th, 2020, 9:58pm, Stegfucius wrote:
So, who (in the media and what political party) is on the side of money in the cover-up of China vis-à-vis, not just the corona, but human rights abuses as in Hong Kong, Taiwan, Tibet, the Uyghur Muslims, Fulan Gong, organ harvesting, etc., and constantly saying that there is no there there???

Think... the same people who roughly a year ago castigated, besmirched and literally tried to destroy Nicholas Sandman and the kids of Covington Catholic, Supreme Court nominee and now Justice Brett Kavanaugh, but heralded a cut-off-your-balls-and-feed-them-to-you Super Bowl commercial by Gillette.  You know... the same people who have basically gotten EVERYTHING wrong for the last four years.

And, mind you, the news that has been breaking on Fox News and heavily reported on by, among others, Brett Baer and Tucker Carlson yesterday and today about the origins of the novel coronavirus being the Wuhan Virology Institute as well as about the corruption of the World Health Organization (WHO) (no less about the journalists, professors and doctors going missing in China) -- but denied and indeed obfuscated in knee-jerk fashion by the dems and the MSM -- is old news in free societies in far-east Asia like South Korea.  (No word of a lie, Bear's reportage today and Tucker's yesterday and today on the China cover-up are, frankly speaking, MUST-see TV!!!)

I lived in South Korea for seven years, have friends there, and am married to a Korean, been to Hong Kong after its return to China and have friends in Beijing and elsewhere.  Everything that the MSM and dems condemn with hostility that turns out to be true and reported on by Fox News was already known in South Korea for significant periods of time.  This is how things have gone in my household over the last four or so months...  My wife learns of something about what is going on in China, about the WHO, with the virus, and she discusses it with me or shows it to me, and from that point it takes somewhere between two weeks to two months for it get reported on in America, not by anyone in the MSM, mind you (no, they, instead of doing research, immediately just get to their Alinskian tactics of deflecting, dismissing and discrediting), but Fox News.
This is my experience... and in general has been for a looooong time prior to the age of corona.  IN THESE DIRE TIMES WHEN THE SHIT HITTING THE FAN IS REAL AND PEOPLE ARE DYING, how am I supposed to respond in good faith to those who (rely on CNN, MSNBC, the network world newscasts, the NYT, WAPO, etc. for their news and) call Fox News "Faux News"?  Like Paul Revere, no?

A bottom line here is that TDS is causing REAL damage... to the world!

Mind you, this hate-filled derangement knows no bounds and is a harbinger.  Remember that before there was TDS, there was BDS, and regardless of Trump, there is no end to this in sight.
« Last Edit: Apr 16th, 2020, 11:41pm by Stegfucius » Logged
DirkDiggler
Gridiron Great
GBRFLer
Champ - '14, '23
# 5

View Profile

« Reply #614 on: Apr 17th, 2020, 6:20pm »

on Apr 16th, 2020, 11:40pm, Stegfucius wrote:

And, mind you, the news that has been breaking on Fox News and heavily reported on by, among others, Brett Baer and Tucker Carlson yesterday and today about the origins of the novel coronavirus being the Wuhan Virology Institute as well as about the corruption of the World Health Organization (WHO) (no less about the journalists, professors and doctors going missing in China) -- but denied and indeed obfuscated in knee-jerk fashion by the dems and the MSM -- is old news in free societies in far-east Asia like South Korea.  (No word of a lie, Bear's reportage today and Tucker's yesterday and today on the China cover-up are, frankly speaking, MUST-see TV!!!)

I lived in South Korea for seven years, have friends there, and am married to a Korean, been to Hong Kong after its return to China and have friends in Beijing and elsewhere.  Everything that the MSM and dems condemn with hostility that turns out to be true and reported on by Fox News was already known in South Korea for significant periods of time.  This is how things have gone in my household over the last four or so months...  My wife learns of something about what is going on in China, about the WHO, with the virus, and she discusses it with me or shows it to me, and from that point it takes somewhere between two weeks to two months for it get reported on in America, not by anyone in the MSM, mind you (no, they, instead of doing research, immediately just get to their Alinskian tactics of deflecting, dismissing and discrediting), but Fox News.
This is my experience... and in general has been for a looooong time prior to the age of corona.  IN THESE DIRE TIMES WHEN THE SHIT HITTING THE FAN IS REAL AND PEOPLE ARE DYING, how am I supposed to respond in good faith to those who (rely on CNN, MSNBC, the network world newscasts, the NYT, WAPO, etc. for their news and) call Fox News "Faux News"?  Like Paul Revere, no?

A bottom line here is that TDS is causing REAL damage... to the world!

Mind you, this hate-filled derangement knows no bounds and is a harbinger.  Remember that before there was TDS, there was BDS, and regardless of Trump, there is no end to this in sight.

What part of any of the virus was made in a labratory statement is FACT?    Even Brett Baers report says it is speculation.  Anonymous sources on a report fox hasn't even seen.    

There is a chance it is from the labratory.  There's a chance it is from somewhere else    There is a chance this is just a deflection manuever.    Unbelievable that there is a cry of wolf with zero facts.    It's China's fault.  

However, fox MAY be right, but factually based arguments would be better.   Or evidence.   Declaring victory for senator cotton already is kind of funny.  

If fox were to look up the science of the virus, most indicators are that it is natural.    To the point that bioengineers tend to agree the virus is imperfect and an engineer wouldn't make the virus that way.  It is impectfect, bit somehow mother nature seems to have evolved that imperfection makes it better.  But again, no one is declaring anything and it is still being looked at.    

And it is funny how it is ok for fox to use clips from other news organizations , but heaven forbid a msm use a fox clip where they declared repeatedly this virus was a hoax.   (Which I actually found quite funny)  

Fox news, God's gift to media
And by the way, the investigation into the virus hit other media outlets today, so the declaration of it not being there is inaccurate.    

. I just hope that the fox viewers don't go taking the miracle cure they have been touting as more and more SCIENCE  is saying it is the wrong thing to take.    

The biggest irony is fake news has taken off and been used multiple times.   The origin is clearly our president who just says anything he disagrees with is fake news.   Convenient, when he is the biggest liar (or ignorant) one of them all.   So.many factually based examples.    

Anyway, facts will come out and we will eventually have a scientific or evidentary proof.   A little to early for the victory lap.

At the end of the day, best to just agree to disagree.   To answer your question, you don't have to reply to folks  who watch something besides the highly opinionated, not always factually based, fox news.   Problem solved if that was truly a dllemma for you.    

Please excuse any typos or grammer as Im on my phone.

« Last Edit: Apr 17th, 2020, 6:52pm by DirkDiggler » Logged

Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #615 on: Apr 17th, 2020, 9:56pm »

on Apr 17th, 2020, 6:20pm, DirkDiggler wrote:
What part of any of the virus was made in a labratory statement is FACT?    Even Brett Baers report says it is speculation.  Anonymous sources on a report fox hasn't even seen.    

There is a chance it is from the labratory.  There's a chance it is from somewhere else    There is a chance this is just a deflection manuever.    Unbelievable that there is a cry of wolf with zero facts.    It's China's fault.  

However, fox MAY be right, but factually based arguments would be better.   Or evidence.   Declaring victory for senator cotton already is kind of funny.  

If fox were to look up the science of the virus, most indicators are that it is natural.    To the point that bioengineers tend to agree the virus is imperfect and an engineer wouldn't make the virus that way.  It is impectfect, bit somehow mother nature seems to have evolved that imperfection makes it better.  But again, no one is declaring anything and it is still being looked at.    

And it is funny how it is ok for fox to use clips from other news organizations , but heaven forbid a msm use a fox clip where they declared repeatedly this virus was a hoax.   (Which I actually found quite funny)  

Fox news, God's gift to media
And by the way, the investigation into the virus hit other media outlets today, so the declaration of it not being there is inaccurate.    

. I just hope that the fox viewers don't go taking the miracle cure they have been touting as more and more SCIENCE  is saying it is the wrong thing to take.    

The biggest irony is fake news has taken off and been used multiple times.   The origin is clearly our president who just says anything he disagrees with is fake news.   Convenient, when he is the biggest liar (or ignorant) one of them all.   So.many factually based examples.    

Anyway, facts will come out and we will eventually have a scientific or evidentary proof.   A little to early for the victory lap.

At the end of the day, best to just agree to disagree.   To answer your question, you don't have to reply to folks  who watch something besides the highly opinionated, not always factually based, fox news.   Problem solved if that was truly a dllemma for you.    
Please excuse any typos or grammer as Im on my phone.

This is just at the level of silly information wars based on respective access and exposure to information.  That said, your mischaracterizations of that with which you disagree border on propagandistic.  "Anonymous sources"...  You are just not paying attention.  That is ONLY as regards White House and Intelligence sources.  SET ASIDE ALL OF MY OWN PERSONAL EXPERIENCE I ALLUDE TO, which you obviously, always do, ALL kinds of peer-reviewed journals, scholars who have written relevant books on the matter (like, among others, Gordon Chang), bioengineers, epidemiologists and virologists, and even pieces tucked away in the corners of mainstream publications are cited,... at least in the reportage I watch.  Mind you, I am saying all this as if, with regards to all things Republican, especially over the last four years, reports you love from news sources you herald are not rife with "anonymous sources".  If someone who agreed with you cited "A Warning" by Anonymous, you probably would not even bat an eye, and that is a whole book.  Given the positions you take, it seems like you wholeheartedly accept ALL of Adam Schiff's anonymously sourced reports.  Ugh...

Victory lap...  That is in your own head.  I know it is because you are not substantively responding to me.  It is just establishment drivel.  Ugh...  I am, albeit it in a futile way here on my little fantasy-football forum, trying to sound an alarm.  That is what I intimated.

As regards what I wrote here, ...

on Apr 16th, 2020, 11:40pm, Stegfucius wrote:
... the news that has been breaking on Fox News and heavily reported on by, among others, Brett Baer and Tucker Carlson yesterday and today about the origins of the novel coronavirus being the Wuhan Virology Institute as well as about the corruption of the World Health Organization (WHO) (no less about the journalists, professors and doctors going missing in China) ... is old news in free societies in far-east Asia like South Korea.  (No word of a lie, Bear's reportage today and Tucker's yesterday and today on the China cover-up are, frankly speaking, MUST-see TV!!!)

... you either did not read what I wrote or read it but not carefully enough and did not understand it or read it and are willfully ignoring it and disrespecting me.

I just do not get why it is so evidently important to you to defend the MSM and, in this instance, Communist China... over hearing out a personal "friend", who, aside from being a conservative, has some serious personal and professional experience extremely relevant to, at least, this particular topic at hand.  Remember I did my own fair amount of Chinese studies, albeit in the field of philosophy, but at the doctoral level!  I mean you got a dude, a so-called "friend", appealing to rich, relevant personal and professional experience that you cannot get everywhere and that you could tap, and instead you respond to me with shallow, unoriginal, generic company lines.  Set aside ALL the rest, if I had a friend with a friend in China, I would be like, "Yo, bro...  What is he saying?"  You do not!  Instead, you counter me with run-of-the-mill, establishmentarian rhetoric.  That puzzles me.  It says something about either how you think of me as a friend or how totally hardcore of an establishment liberal you are (even though you try to come off like you are not, at least, hardcore -- you just read the headlines (I am guessing, of the WAPO) while grabbing a coffee in the morning, right?).  Ugh...  I mean you are obviously on a side.  I am not saying that I am not, mind you, but it appears as though you want to make it seem like you are not, and then go about riding me because I am.  That is BS!  That said, of the aforementioned alternatives that is the one I hope it is, but the lengths both here in public and behind the scenes with me in private that you are evidently willing to go to to defend the MSM to me without a lick of curiosity about anything beyond the white noise makes me wonder if it is not both.
« Last Edit: Mar 18th, 2022, 7:46pm by Stegfucius » Logged
DirkDiggler
Gridiron Great
GBRFLer
Champ - '14, '23
# 5

View Profile

« Reply #616 on: Apr 17th, 2020, 10:53pm »

And this is why I am just done talking politics, msm, or any of that.    I am sorry if you deem it a personal attack   I often feel the same way.   ( That was not intent) in this post alone you say I am defending China.   Never once did I defend China.   However I certainly didn't accuse China either.    I actually strongly dislike China if you'd like to know.  

IN  your response, if I am reading it correctly, the two choices you give me are that I am a hard core liberal or that I don't value you as a friend or both.    What the hell choices are those?    Oh, I also believe everything Schiff says    talk about being accusatory and making leaps.   I also trust all anonymous sources of they suity purposes   Wtf?    How about I just strongly disagree with what APPEARED to me as a factual statement how fox was correct and the inability to respond to anyone that watches (what you reference and rant about in this thread) anything but fox.  

You say it is more about personal knowledge, yet you start the conversation talking a out Tucker and Baer bringing it.  Yih also conclude with saying fox news is "the way"    you say I don't care, yet I actually watched the episode, I read Baers article, etc.   I just tried to go back and quote the article but it has since been updated in the last few hours not reflecting the original language about sources.  It does still say fox has not seen any of the reports, which I do give them props for calling out.

Steg, I just think it best that I not comment on any of this.   I probably should of done that when I said it last time.   But it saddens me that you think our friendship has to get me know on a political level.    I think it is obvious where each other stand.   I am on the left, but I certainly am not Bernie or Sanders left.     There are literally a thousand other things we can talk about, but in the interest our friendship I am not going to engage on this (as much as it will pain me).  And as I have said a 100 times, I acknowledge that things I read are somewjar biased.  (Yes, I enjoy the wapo).   But I don't only read those.    

Bottom line is that we are friends, I don't know why you wouldn't   think that    Since you let me into the league, I've taken an interesr and care about you and your family,  our life success and struggles, when you've asked for something I've always tried to step up. And you've always been there if I needed anything, been understanding when shit comes up, etc.  I don't want to lose that and get angry over this shit.   If that is not friendship, I don't know what is     but it seems we are both at that point.....your frustrated and I get it.   Assume you can tell I'm frustrated.  And I would rather just agree to disagree and move on.  To me that is what makes a great friendship.    

I hope you can understand and appreciate that.  
« Last Edit: Apr 17th, 2020, 11:57pm by DirkDiggler » Logged

Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #617 on: Apr 18th, 2020, 12:38am »

on Apr 17th, 2020, 10:53pm, DirkDiggler wrote:
And this is why I am just done talking politics, msm, or any of that.    I am sorry if you deem it personal afront.   I often feel the same way.    In this post alone you say I am defending China.   Never once did I defend China.   However I certainly didn't accuse China either.    I actually strongly dislike China if you'd like to know.  

IN  your response, if I am reading it correctly, the two choices you give me are that I am a hard core liberal or that I don't value you as a friend or both.    What the hell choices are those?    Oh, I also believe everything Schiff says    talk about being accusatory and making leaps.   I also trust all anonymous sources of they suity purposes   Wtf?

If it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck, then,... well,...

As to the rest, it is not about the "what".  It is about the "how".  I have some close friends of a similar socio-economic and socio-political persuasion as you.  Not Fox Newsers nor conservative mediates, but willing to hear things out a bit.  That said, most importantly, while they do not really like Trump, they do not have full-blown TDS, either.  The conversations about politics I have with them almost always end up in a productive place.  But, we do not throw our respective information sources and fact bits at each other in a tit-for-tat way, and end up in a gish-gallop mess of mutually assured destruction.  It begins with our being intellectually honest up front about our values and where we stand (this is something on which I hope we made some progress in our private messages).  We actually try to field each other's points and patiently THINK it through, grant positions, LOGIC it out and make sure we are making sense.  It does not happen fast, however.  Though, it does happen in a single conversation.  We almost always wind up in a place where we appreciate each other's positions, where points of agreement emerge, and where points of disagreement make sense.

I find that I do not even have a chance of getting out of the gate of such discourse with you.

on Apr 17th, 2020, 10:53pm, DirkDiggler wrote:
Yih also conclude with saying fox news is "the way"

« Last Edit: Apr 18th, 2020, 2:26am by Stegfucius » Logged
Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #618 on: Apr 18th, 2020, 4:17pm »

God, I did NOT want to go here: article-for-article, source-for-source, tit-for-tat information wars, on which only those who cannot use reason have to rely, but I have to...

on Apr 17th, 2020, 6:20pm, DirkDiggler wrote:
I just hope that the fox viewers don't go taking the miracle cure they have been touting as more and more SCIENCE  is saying it is the wrong thing to take.

Where did you get such an idea that caused you to come to such a firm opinion on the matter?  (Answer: TDS, but I digress...)  After all, you have worded your point in the form of medical advice (I hope people do not go taking).  YIKES!

Did you get that idea from these "FEATURED" articles that just topped my search...???

Like this dumb-ass opinion piece with an eye-catching headline from the WAPO:
https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/promoting-hydroxychloroquine-for -covid-19-treatment-is-illegal/2020/04/12/b3766972-7ad4-11ea-a311-adb1344719a9_story.html.
Trump's promotion of hydroxychloroquine is ILLEGAL!  Rrrrrr...

Or, this overstated junk "science" from USA Today:
https://www.usatoday.com/story/opinion/2020/04/10/what-have-lose-taking- hydroxychloroquine-coronavirus-life-column/5123478002/.
A quick visit to sites like WebMD, Drugs.com, Healthline shows that the way that article characterizes the side-effects is total hyperbole.  Of course, the trusty USA Today also reports that Lupus patients cannot get their hands on it: https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/health/2020/04/18/hydroxychloroquine -coronavirus-creates-shortage-lupus-drug/5129896002/.  Hell, based on the way they depict it, why is hydroxychloroquine used for ANYTHING if it is so damn dangerous?  Moving right along, the article says that "there is no evidence whatsoever that HCQ can prevent COVID-19."  Uh,... there is no evidence whatsoever of ANYTHING that can prevent COVID-19!  Idiots!

Or, maybe it is the article in the NYT headlined "Trump Calls This Drug a 'Game-Changer'.  Doctors Aren't So Sure.", in which they make sure Trump eats his words, which were really just a loose attempt at conveying hope, but only, mind you, by finding that the jury is still out (which we already knew) but in pursuit and that the drug seems only to be helpful (which is not bad news).

At any rate, DD's way of stating the case is downright irresponsible!  Regarding treatments involving hydroxychloroquine or chloroquine, it is true 1) that it may not be the right thing to take for everybody based on an individual's health history, about which one should be in consultation with a physician regarding ANY medication under consideration for any ailment, and 2) that it may not be, as the WSJ recently reported, fully effective, whatever that means in an emergency situation in which any even partially effective treatments are being sought.  Anybody who happens to be reading this, if you get the, as it is referred to in South Korea, Wuhan Coronavirus, PLEASE do NOT follow DD's advice and cross this treatment off your list; rather, consult with your physician about it.
Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #619 on: Apr 18th, 2020, 4:34pm »

The bottom line of what you are saying to me, DD, is that you cannot have a rational, civil conversation about politics (at least, in the age of Trump and with someone with whom you disagree).  Is that right?
Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #620 on: Apr 20th, 2020, 9:26pm »

on Apr 18th, 2020, 4:34pm, Stegfucius wrote:
The bottom line of what you are saying to me, DD, is that you cannot have a rational, civil conversation about politics (at least, in the age of Trump and with someone with whom you disagree).  Is that right?

So, DD, you have mentioned to me that you have witnessed, especially in the era of Trump, family members and friends have MAJOR falling outs due to left-right disagreements.  I have, too.  You have to know, though, that that is because either one or both of the parties involved are not making an effort.  The way to go about arguing this stuff is not by just tacking to the middle for moderate too is a position (which pisses people off) or, worse yet, feigning that one is a moderate.  I personally, obviously am willing to make the effort, but I understand someone who is not or cannot (due to time constraints or whatever) and just wants to walk away.  However, after so doing, said person should not try to shut the person they are leaving behind up.  It is one thing not to (be able to) make the effort.  It is a-whole-nother to tell someone who is willing and able to not to.

On a different note, at the task-force press conference today, right after that rude, vapid, hackneyed, divisive, "I met a guy at a funeral back in mid-March who said, 'Had you taken this seriously... blah, blah, blah'," uninformational, gotchya question, I thought that question asked by the OAN gal was a good one.  It actually prompts a somewhat informational response from the President.  Bottom line, thanks for turning me on to OAN!  I am happy to have added their coverage to my media main course.
« Last Edit: Apr 20th, 2020, 9:26pm by Stegfucius » Logged
DirkDiggler
Gridiron Great
GBRFLer
Champ - '14, '23
# 5

View Profile

« Reply #621 on: Apr 21st, 2020, 6:14pm »

I thought I was clear I was walking away. Feel free to post all you want, that is what the thread is for.    With that said, I don't think it is right to have to discuss it in a football text chat either.

Enjoy OAN, they don't even hide their bias.   I actually find the evening news ladys opinion piece kinda of funny.  (She is their go to).   And Trump loves them, to the point he grants the special priveledges.

Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #622 on: Apr 21st, 2020, 7:48pm »

on Apr 21st, 2020, 6:14pm, DirkDiggler wrote:
I thought I was clear I was walking away. Feel free to post all you want, that is what the thread is for.

I will.  Thank you for your permission, sir.

It would have been so much more meaningful and productive for you to have responded to the private message I sent you today first instead of this twaddle and announcing again that you are "walking away".

Quote:
With that said, I don't think it is right to have to discuss it in a football text chat either.

Cannot take a joke to which there was even a somewhat slightly self-deprecating aspect, mind you?  Ugh...  Sorry.

Quote:
... OAN, they don't even hide their bias.

Well, at least they are honest about what side they are on, which is sadly more than we can say about most "news" outlets anymore.
Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #623 on: Apr 21st, 2020, 8:16pm »

Love this video and the comments on it, especially since Bill Maher has, for so many years and sadly for so many of my fellow Americans to follow, exemplified inflexibility and mob (audience) rule especially as a diversion from sound logic and, yes, alternative facts and doing the hard work of meaningful disagreement...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RTGBJMDcras.

What gives me hope is the comments on the video!  Commenter after commenter sees right through Maher's shallowness and points to how ineffective he is without his audience there to back him up.
DirkDiggler
Gridiron Great
GBRFLer
Champ - '14, '23
# 5

View Profile

« Reply #624 on: Apr 22nd, 2020, 4:08pm »

Cannot take a joke to which there was even a somewhat slightly self-deprecating aspect, mind you?  Ugh...   Sorry.  

Actually,my comment was made before your joke yesterday.   I did infact appreciate the jesting in your text.
« Last Edit: Apr 22nd, 2020, 4:09pm by DirkDiggler » Logged

Pages: 1 ... 23 24 25  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

Previous topic|Next topic

Fantasyfootballer.com's Gridiron » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.1!
YaBB © 2000-2002,
Xnull. All Rights Reserved.

Most smilies provided by "MySmilies.com", "Jason's Smiley Collection" or "Clicksmilies.com".
"the Gridiron" Copyright © 2002-2023 - Product of FantasyFootballer.com. All rights reserved.