In remembrance of 9/11/01

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Nov 25th, 2017, 5:56am EST

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members GamesGames Login Login Register Register
Fantasyfootballer.com's Gridiron Interested in becoming a Junior Correspondent

"Welcome to 'the Gridiron'... Fantasy football at its best!"

Fantasy Football News Feed Co-commissioner Services Add "the Gridiron" to your site
Lend a hand... Make a donation to "the Gridiron"!!!
   Fantasyfootballer.com's Gridiron
   the Gridiron
   the Sidelines
(Moderators: Replay Official, Side Judge, Line Judge, Umpire, Head Linesman, Back Judge, Field Judge, Referee)
   Interested in becoming a Junior Correspondent
Previous topic|Next topic
Pages: 1 2 3  ...  7 Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Interested in becoming a Junior Correspondent  (Read 24140 times)
Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer
Champ - '94, '99, '02, '04

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

Interested in becoming a Junior Correspondent
« on: Jul 30th, 2004, 4:21pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Guys,

Probably by now you have noticed our NEW Fantasy-specific Team Reports section. We are starting off with the Denver Broncos done by yours truly, and two done by two of our VERY worthy members who have given A LOT to the site, the New York Giants by Jim O'Dell and the Philadelphia Eagles by Jeff West. We expect this to be the kind of feature that takes us to the next level and, as it grows, puts us in "business".

If YOU have an appropriate combination of fantasy football knowledge/experience and writing skills and a passion therefor and an interest in becoming a Junior Fantasy-specific Team Correspondent for one (or more) of the now 26 available teams, drop me an e-mail to stegrock@fantasyfootballer.com 1) briefly introducing yourself, 2) summarizing your relevant experiences (i.e. as a fantasy footballer AND writer) and 3) including a phone number and times at which you can best be contacted.

I hope you all enjoy the feature and I look forward to hearing from you. I am...

...Sincerely,
Steve Stegeman
« Last Edit: May 29th, 2005, 2:03pm by Stegfucius » Logged
Philly
UFF Primetime Prophet
# 29

Pay, I said pay attention, son.

View Profile WWW Email

Re: Interested in becoming a Junior Correspondent
« Reply #1 on: Aug 3rd, 2004, 1:02pm »

C'mon guys and gals... I've seen some of the work you do in posting news and analysis on the forums and you'd be making a big impact on the site by signing up as a correspondent.

If you do a decent job, you'll be promoted to Senior Correspondent and get your own page!

You're keeping track of the news already and making fantasy-specific comments about it on the forums, so it's really not any extra work!
Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #2 on: Aug 3rd, 2004, 3:52pm »

And,... who knows where THIS ALL could lead... the cutting of the ribbon on the FantasyFootballer.com offices someday... a FUN, paying job in a beloved "industry" (loosely speaking)... that's where I want (it) to lead us!?!?
M.A.S.
Tackling Dummy
# 356

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile

« Reply #3 on: Aug 4th, 2004, 8:20am »

Quote:
If YOU have an appropriate combination of fantasy football knowledge/experience and writing skills and a passion therefor and an interest in becoming a Junior Fantasy-specific Team Correspondent for one (or more) of the 29 available teams, drop me an e-mail to stegrock@fantasyfootballer.com 1) briefly introducing yourself, 2) summarizing your relevant experiences (i.e. as a fantasy footballer AND writer) and 3) including a phone number and times at which you can best be contacted.

Okay, so ya got me here!  (hehehe) Thanks for the invite as well as an opening to find an appropriate spot to jump in.  I need to catch up on what is currently going on in the NFL as I did not watch the draft and am currently behind but I will drop you an email as soon as I am up to date. As you well know by now I am a Panther fan so I will be enjoying several games at Ericson Stadium this year and I will most likely being posting some play by play postings on the highlights of the games I go to.

http://www.delta-control.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.pl
sameoldsameold
Fantasy Field General
# 326

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile

« Reply #4 on: Aug 4th, 2004, 8:42am »

i think ill give it a whirl and work on a team see how it comes out....
BarnabyWilde
Gridiron Great
CBFL Champ - '04
# 24

Hey Rock!Watch me pull the Gridiron out of my hat!

nygiants4life56   bpbagwell
View Profile Email

« Reply #5 on: Aug 18th, 2004, 6:01am »

What team, soso, if I may ask?

on Aug 4th, 2004, 8:42am, sameoldsameold wrote:

New York Giants...WORLD CHAMPS!!!!
Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #6 on: Aug 18th, 2004, 2:46pm »

on Aug 4th, 2004, 8:42am, sameoldsameold wrote:

Don't miss Jim's question above, soso!

In any event, though, if you (or ANYBODY) are really interested in doing this, so as to go about it efficiently and in the way necessary to accomplish our (ultimate) goals, we need to have a phone conversation as I alluded to in the initial post of this thread.  I mean everybody is free to go about posting information in a "team report" type of way here on "the Gridiron".  But, if you want to be on the "Senior Correspondent" track with an eye towards the "business"/"employment" opportunities that could exist here in the future, you need to get on the same page with me.  It's just that I don't want dudes to go willynilly about it, thinking they are acting as a Junior Correspondent, producing something acceptable to me and on the Senior Correspondent track when they're not.  If you are a Junior Correspondent here, we will have had to have spoken and your reports will be formally incorporated into the "project".  If you are just out there doing "your 'team-reporting' thing" without having spoken to me first, which is fine, know that you are not with the "program", though.  To get with the program, we need to talk!
Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #7 on: Sep 7th, 2004, 10:23pm »

How about Jeremy Miller (bgsgfan) and Robert Christenson (captainpurple) takin' it up a notch and comin' officially aboard? AWESOME!
Philly
UFF Primetime Prophet
# 29

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #8 on: Sep 8th, 2004, 9:51am »

on Sep 7th, 2004, 10:23pm, StegRock wrote:
How about Jeremy Miller (bgsgfan) and Robert Christenson (captainpurple) takin' it up a notch and comin' officially aboard? AWESOME!

Nice work guys!  Keep the news and analysis coming!  
Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #9 on: Nov 18th, 2004, 7:52pm »

Another "Gridironer", a at that, gridiron_legends a.k.a. Travis Cooper a.k.a. T-Rave decides to step up to the plate and substantively contribute to the "effort" here as well as take advantage of the great and unique opportunity we offer here to cover a team in a fantasy light (and put yourself in the good graces of the powers-that-be @FantasyFootballer.com with that hopeful ribbon-cutting on the offices in mind) and do the fantasy-specific team report for his favorite team, the Chargers, while they remain available! Thanks a BUNCH, T-Rave! Talk about taking the bull by the horns and not wasting any time. I CAN'T WAIT to see your first Week 11 installment, brother!

To everybody,... Tired of expending all your energy on just posting on message boards and not getting anywhere really? If you too are interested in becoming a junior correspondent, read the info in the initial post of this thread and respond accordingly. Here on "the Gridiron" we are always on the lookout for talent to give an opportunity to!
« Last Edit: Nov 18th, 2004, 7:55pm by Stegfucius » Logged
captainpurple
Red Zone Master
# 179

oh Lord, deliver us from the fury of the Norsemen!

folske   casahojo
View Profile

« Reply #10 on: Nov 19th, 2004, 9:26am »

Awesome!   Look forward to seeing your analyses T-Rave!  

Welcome to the party!  

The Capn.

3 straight underperforming seasons, one nitwit head coach, 2 problem child WRs, 1 collosal trade bungle....but a wild boat party with booze and hookers!!!????? Priceless.
BarnabyWilde
Gridiron Great
CBFL Champ - '04
# 24

View Profile Email

« Reply #11 on: Nov 19th, 2004, 10:05am »

Welcome to the team T-Rave!  

Looking forward to your first installment!

BW
NY Giants Correspondent

Philly
UFF Primetime Prophet
# 29

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #12 on: Nov 19th, 2004, 3:38pm »

Welcome aboard Travis.  I'm looking forward to the Chargers news!  We don't see/hear too much about them back East so I'd love to know how they're doing so well.
Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #13 on: Nov 22nd, 2004, 5:53pm »

And, another one of our good guys steps up to the... tee here on "the Gridiron"!  This time it is one of our guys who's been around for a while; soso a.k.a. Justin, to the team, brother.  I look forward to the first fantasy-specific team report you do for your Redskins and all your good insight that will follow for years to come.  Thanks for stepping up, brother, and givin' me a hand gettin' FantasyFootballer.com to the promised land. In the process, know that you have also put yourself in the good graces of the powers-that-be around here (for when the time comes that the promised land is reached).
... ...
BarnabyWilde
Gridiron Great
CBFL Champ - '04
# 24

View Profile Email

« Reply #14 on: Nov 30th, 2004, 6:49pm »

Justin,

Glad to have you on board the "loco"motive known as the Gridiron! You have contributed so much here already, now, you take on a junior correspondent role of the Redskins, my wife's favorite team no less!  

Keep up the great work!
« Last Edit: Nov 30th, 2004, 6:52pm by BarnabyWilde » Logged

Philly
UFF Primetime Prophet
# 29

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #15 on: Dec 1st, 2004, 9:47am »

Nice to have you aboard.  It's a shame that you're a Redskins fan, but I guess someone has to be.  

What's the story with Darnerian McCants?  He signed an extension in the off-season and I really expected him to play more of a role in the offense?  Is he not performing?  I think he could be a very solid receiver given the opportunity.
captainpurple
Red Zone Master
# 179

folske   casahojo
View Profile

« Reply #16 on: Dec 1st, 2004, 10:18am »

rock on bra'.  

Glad to have another dedicated fan step up and make this place what it is.   Looking forward to your analysis!

The Capn.

3 straight underperforming seasons, one nitwit head coach, 2 problem child WRs, 1 collosal trade bungle....but a wild boat party with booze and hookers!!!????? Priceless.
Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #17 on: Jan 7th, 2005, 3:59pm »

Let's hear it for the promotions of captainpurple a.k.a Robert Christenson and bgsgfan a.k.a. Jeremy Miller, each to "Senior Correspondent".  EXCELLENT job, guys!  Well deserved!

Also, hows about a big round of applause for our newest "Junior Correspondent" to come aboard, PrimeTime a.k.a. Gene Nestro, who is covering the Dallas Cowboys?  Thanks for stepping up, Gene, and, kudos on seeing this great opportunity and getting on it.
BarnabyWilde
Gridiron Great
CBFL Champ - '04
# 24

View Profile Email

« Reply #18 on: Jan 7th, 2005, 4:14pm »

Excellent work you guys! Congrats to Robert and Jeremy!!

Thanks Gene, for stepping up! Way to have the NFC East the first full division covered! All 4 teams represented!

Come on people, there's got to be some other guys and gals out there that would love to represent their teams!!
« Last Edit: Jan 7th, 2005, 4:15pm by BarnabyWilde » Logged

PrimeTime
Fantasy Field General
Fmr. CBFLer
Champ - '06
# 169

How 'bout them Cowboys!!!

View Profile

« Reply #19 on: Jan 7th, 2005, 9:43pm »

on Jan 7th, 2005, 4:14pm, BarnabyWilde wrote:

Thanks Gene, for stepping up! Way to have the NFC East the first full division covered! All 4 teams represented!  

Now if only we can get the   and the   to start winning some more games (I do not like the   so they can keep losing) then we will have something.
Philly
UFF Primetime Prophet
# 29

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #20 on: Jan 8th, 2005, 5:41pm »

I have to apologize because my Eagles are not letting your Giants, Redskins, and Cowboys win many games.  It's awfully selfish of the Eagles to win ALL of the NFC East games, but they did it.  Oh well... better luck next year.

Oh, and it's great to see Mean Gene step up with the Cowboys report.  Lots of interesting goings on there in the off-season, so it should be a great read.  Thanks Gene.  
BarnabyWilde
Gridiron Great
CBFL Champ - '04
# 24

View Profile Email

« Reply #21 on: Jan 8th, 2005, 5:44pm »

Enjoy it while it lasts Bird Brain, cuz it won't be for long.

on Jan 8th, 2005, 5:41pm, Philly wrote:
I have to apologize because my Eagles are not letting your Giants, Redskins, and Cowboys win many games. It's awfully selfish of the Eagles to win ALL of the NFC East games, but they did it. Oh well... better luck next year.

Philly
UFF Primetime Prophet
# 29

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #22 on: Jan 10th, 2005, 11:10am »

on Jan 7th, 2005, 3:59pm, StegRock wrote:
Let's hear it for the promotions of captainpurple a.k.a Robert Christenson and bgsgfan a.k.a. Jeremy Miller, each to "Senior Correspondent". EXCELLENT job, guys! Well deserved!

Congrats.  I've enjoyed reading your analyses all season and the promotion is well-deserved.  Keep up the great work!
captainpurple
Red Zone Master
# 179

folske   casahojo
View Profile

« Reply #23 on: Jan 10th, 2005, 2:18pm »

Thanks Philly!

Of course, I've got to reciprocate the nice sentiments regarding the articles.  Your Eagles reports are thorough and well thought.    

and....
I DIGRESS...
    Good luck this week.  Should be a good game!  I hope the same D that showed up yesterday is the one that makes the trip to the Linc!

Philly
UFF Primetime Prophet
# 29

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #24 on: Jan 10th, 2005, 3:40pm »

I think the Vikes may have shot their load against GB this weekend and might not have enough left for a game against a VERY fresh Eagles team next weekend.

Also, don't let Randy Moss try to moon the Eagles fans... someone will shoot him in the butt with a flare gun!  

Should be a good game though.  I'm interested to see exactly who the Eagles are now since they haven't played a real game in more than a month.
Pages: 1 2 3  ...  7 Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

Previous topic|Next topic

Fantasyfootballer.com's Gridiron » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.1!
YaBB 2000-2002,
Xnull. All Rights Reserved.

Most smilies provided by "MySmilies.com", "Jason's Smiley Collection" or "Clicksmilies.com".
"the Gridiron" Copyright 2002-2016 - Product of FantasyFootballer.com. All rights reserved.