In remembrance of 9/11/01

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Nov 22nd, 2017, 2:58pm EST

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members GamesGames Login Login Register Register
Fantasyfootballer.com's Gridiron Interested in becoming a Junior Correspondent

"Welcome to 'the Gridiron'... Fantasy football at its best!"

Fantasy Football News Feed Co-commissioner Services Add "the Gridiron" to your site
Lend a hand... Make a donation to "the Gridiron"!!!
   Fantasyfootballer.com's Gridiron
   the Gridiron
   the Sidelines
(Moderators: Replay Official, Side Judge, Line Judge, Umpire, Head Linesman, Back Judge, Field Judge, Referee)
   Interested in becoming a Junior Correspondent
Previous topic|Next topic
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Interested in becoming a Junior Correspondent  (Read 24129 times)
Takamine305
Head Coach
Fmr. CBFLer
Champ - '09
# 539

I love ''the Gridiron''!

takamine0889   LWOOD88
View Profile

Re: Interested in becoming a Junior Correspondent
« Reply #100 on: Aug 1st, 2006, 10:24pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Thanks for the warm welcome fellas!!!  

I am looking forward to my new cardinals report and hope anyone that reads it will enjoy it as much as i will writing it!!

never underestimate, "The Rackers Effect"

As soon as you do....BANG, someone picks him up in round SIX!!!       lol    "doh"

Good luck to all of you in your fantasy football endeavors this year and........SEE YOU ON THE GRIDIRON!!

When a defining moment comes...you can either define the moment or let the moment define you!!
BarnabyWilde
Gridiron Great
CBFL Champ - '04
# 24

Hey Rock!Watch me pull the Gridiron out of my hat!

nygiants4life56   bpbagwell
View Profile Email

« Reply #101 on: Aug 2nd, 2006, 1:33am »

Welcome!!!

New York Giants...WORLD CHAMPS!!!!
Callie
Gridiron Great
# 219

Go, Gridironettes!

calliewall  
View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #102 on: Aug 6th, 2006, 6:57pm »

“If life gives you lemons make orange juice. Let the rest of the world figure out how you did it.”
Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer
Champ - '94, '99, '02, '04

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #103 on: Oct 29th, 2006, 12:52pm »

I want to extend a hearty thank you to one MUCH-needed bright spot this week, Nate Hamilton, and his stepping up in quick fashion to take over the "Bears FF-specific Team Report" in light of Jamie Josko's impromptu departure. Thank you, man! I also want to thank our girl, Cheryl Wall, Callie, who was our original Bears correspondent, but allowed me to give this one to Nathan, who is a BIG-time Bears fan and lives up that way. Thank you too, Callie, for being so "agreeable" and "easy" (at the end of a week when so many around here wanted to make life for me so, so "difficult" )!!!
« Last Edit: Oct 29th, 2006, 6:23pm by Stegfucius » Logged
cwhams
GM
Fmr. CBFLer
Champ - '07
# 489

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile Email

« Reply #104 on: Oct 29th, 2006, 6:16pm »

Congrats to the Nathan...I'm just a bit jealous...Da Bears are my team too.  

All is well and I hope things go a bit smoother for you Steg.
Takamine305
Head Coach
Fmr. CBFLer
Champ - '09
# 539

I love ''the Gridiron''!

takamine0889   LWOOD88
View Profile

« Reply #105 on: Oct 29th, 2006, 7:24pm »

I was more then happy to take over the Bears report.  

Thanks for keeping me in mind...

When a defining moment comes...you can either define the moment or let the moment define you!!
MordecaiCourage

Email

« Reply #106 on: Oct 29th, 2006, 9:34pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Way to go Nathan ..... you da' man!!  
Callie
Gridiron Great
# 219

Go, Gridironettes!

calliewall  
View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #107 on: Oct 29th, 2006, 11:17pm »

Way to go, Nate!  Glad you can do your fave team's report - and I'm really lookin' forward!

And thanks for the kind words, Steg.  We're a team here.

“If life gives you lemons make orange juice. Let the rest of the world figure out how you did it.”
Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #108 on: Jul 9th, 2007, 8:28pm »

Well, we're probably gaining two fantasy team correpondents here soon, one for the Panthers and another for the Saints.  But, we are losing two. Gene has to step aside from the Cowboys report, but I'm thinking we have a "go-to guy" there.  However, we're also losing the Bills guy, Matt.  He remains a friend of the site, but his life is pulling him away.  In any event, I do NOT have a replacement for him.  But, I would like to not lose Bills coverage.  So, is there anybody out there who'd like to become FantasyFootballer.com's Buffalo Bills correspondent???  I would like to know as soon as possible in the sense that I've got a) two new guys coming aboard, b) an anticipated change of correspondents, and c) three promotions on the slate.  I'd like to kill all these birds with one stone... and in one shot.  Point being, if someone wants the Bills, please do NOT dilly-dally.  I would like to include the work of converting the Bills over to a new correspondent in with the rest of the work I have to do on the fantasy team reports section.  So, who's up for commencing or furthering a writing career and taking on "fantasizing" about the Bills???
Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #109 on: Aug 5th, 2007, 7:15am »

Well, we're sure gearing up for the '07 season...  I would like to CONGRATULATE our newly promoted "Senior Correspondents", DB a.k.a. Dave Bohrer ('s), Oakland4life a.k.a. Kevin Anderson ('s) and Takamine305 a.k.a. Nathan Hamilton ('s & 's), and extend a hearty to our NEW "Junior Correspondents", cwhams a.k.a. Chuck Hamilton ('s), Tony_O a.k.a. Tony Onisko ('s) and Eric a.k.a. Eric Kiss ('s).  I'm glad to have you all on "the Gridiron"... team!!!
MordecaiCourage

Email

« Reply #110 on: Aug 13th, 2007, 11:14pm »

on Aug 5th, 2007, 7:15am, StegRock wrote:
Well, we're sure gearing up for the '07 season... I would like to CONGRATULATE our newly promoted "Senior Correspondents", DB a.k.a. Dave Bohrer ('s), Oakland4life a.k.a. Kevin Anderson ('s) and Takamine305 a.k.a. Nathan Hamilton ('s & 's), and extend a hearty to our NEW "Junior Correspondents", cwhams a.k.a. Chuck Hamilton ('s), Tony_O a.k.a. Tony Onisko ('s) and Eric a.k.a. Eric Kiss ('s). I'm glad to have you all on "the Gridiron"... team!!!

Can't wait to see the reports
Callie
Gridiron Great
# 219

Go, Gridironettes!

calliewall  
View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #111 on: Aug 19th, 2007, 2:27am »

Congrats to all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #112 on: Sep 15th, 2007, 5:02am »

Is it something about the initials T.O. that engenders (negative) self-importance???
steelkings

Email

« Reply #113 on: Sep 15th, 2007, 7:45am »

on Sep 15th, 2007, 5:02am, StegRock wrote:
Is it something about the initials T.O. that engenders (negative) self-importance???

« Last Edit: Sep 15th, 2007, 7:53am by steelkings » Logged
Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #114 on: Sep 15th, 2007, 5:46pm »

on Jul 30th, 2007, 11:59pm, Tony_O wrote:
by Tony Onisko

Time & Date of this Update (PST):  20:55 on Thur Sep 13 2007

News:  Week #2: Dallas travels to Miami

Fantasy Football Slant:
Lets get this out of the way, anybody who guesses, predicts, expects, or prophecies' what is going to happen in Week #1 of the N.F.L. is partaking in actions that are hazardous to your health! It is next to impossible to accurately project what is going to happen after watching 4 to 5 preseason games that utilize vanilla offenses, non-blitzing defenses, and truthfully; the games themselves become more about revenue than player analysis. So, I spared you my worthless attempt last week and I hope to give you a more informed opinion on what is in store for the "Boys" this weekend!

steelkings

Email

« Reply #115 on: Sep 15th, 2007, 6:45pm »

Quote:
by Tony Onisko  

------------------------------------------------------------------------ --------

Time & Date of this Update (PST): 20:55 on Thur Sep 13 2007  

News: Week #2: Dallas travels to Miami  

Fantasy Football Slant:  
Lets get this out of the way, anybody who guesses, predicts, expects, or prophecies' what is going to happen in Week #1 of the N.F.L. is partaking in actions that are hazardous to your health! It is next to impossible to accurately project what is going to happen after watching 4 to 5 preseason games that utilize vanilla offenses, non-blitzing defenses, and truthfully; the games themselves become more about revenue than player analysis. So, I spared you my worthless attempt last week and I hope to give you a more informed opinion on what is in store for the "Boys" this weekend!  

I dont know? I thought my Colt and Steeler predictions were darn close. Purhaps it comes easier to some more than others. Eh Tony?  
« Last Edit: Sep 16th, 2007, 8:05am by steelkings » Logged
Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #116 on: Sep 24th, 2007, 3:59am »

I guess Week 3 is a tough nut to crack, as well...  Maybe it's just all "odd-numbered" weeks...
Tony_O

Email

« Reply #117 on: Sep 24th, 2007, 11:49pm »

on Sep 24th, 2007, 3:59am, StegRock wrote:
I guess Week 3 is a tough nut to crack, as well... Maybe it's just all "odd-numbered" weeks...

good display of leadership skills!
Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #118 on: Sep 25th, 2007, 1:08am »

We are all in a position to lead...  Backatchya, bro!

[Incidentally, in case it isn't ABUNDANTLY clear, I'm totally cool with my leadership style... though, here, I am just throwing out a (some would say, well-deserved) crack, a rather mild one at that though one with an admitted "edge" and "message".  Don't be so thin-skinned (out here in public, man).  I look forward to seeing what you come up with Week 4.]
Tony_O

Email

« Reply #119 on: Sep 25th, 2007, 6:30pm »

on Sep 25th, 2007, 1:08am, StegRock wrote:
We are all in a position to lead... Backatchya, bro!

[Incidentally, in case it isn't ABUNDANTLY clear, I'm totally cool with my leadership style... though, here, I am just throwing out a (some would say, well-deserved) crack, a rather mild one at that though one with an admitted "edge" and "message". Don't be so thin-skinned (out here in public, man). I look forward to seeing what you come up with Week 4.]

In case it isn't ABUNDANTLY clear, I'm totally cool with myself and I'm not thin skinned. Which is why I posted my comment, I wasn't worried what others would think. Which is better than people not caring about what I think, which seems to be the case for you considering this topic because you can only get "steel" to comment on it, even though you continue to try and stir it up! Maybe you were the one who orginally had the thin skin? Backatchya, bro!

Oakland4life
GM
# 426

"The Dark Side is Within You"

Red5+R2D2
View Profile Email

« Reply #120 on: Sep 25th, 2007, 11:15pm »

on Sep 25th, 2007, 6:30pm, Tony_O wrote:

In case it isn't ABUNDANTLY clear, I'm totally cool with myself and I'm not thin skinned. Which is why I posted my comment, I wasn't worried what others would think. Which is better than people not caring about what I think, which seems to be the case for you considering this topic because you can only get "steel" to comment on it, even though you continue to try and stir it up! Maybe you were the one who orginally had the thin skin? Backatchya, bro!

Maybe only "steel" posted something because the rest of us don't need this shit.  You seem to be the one on the offensive here Tony. Steg is only trying to kick you in the ass and have a little bit of pride in this site and yourself and put forth the effort the rest of us do each week.

I think its great that you made the step to become a junior correspondant. But it takes a little more than just saying.  Try doing.

QB Mcnabb, Warner
RB- LT2, F. Gore, S. Young, K. Keith
RC- Ocho Cinco, G. Jennings, K. Curtis, J. Jerevicous
TE Gonzo, V. Davis
D- Redskins/ ST Bears
Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #121 on: Sep 26th, 2007, 1:27am »

Dude, we wouldn't even be here right now if you didn't take the tack you did with your Week 1,... eh-hem,... TWO report... on two levels.  For one, I surely wouldn't have been able to make the witty wise crack I did regarding your Week 3 report.

But, let's get to the REAL point...  Instead of showing some humility (you know, that characteristic Jesus is so famous for) with your first-ever weekly report, Week 2 mind you,... YOU, Tony the Great, go ahead and insult the whole FF world,... in tendentious fashion, mind you, as we all know that's not really why you didn't post a Week 1 report.  What happens?  You get insulted back.  Surprise!!!  What???  That's not okay...??? It's okay for YOU, in your first-ever weekly report, to cast an insult at EVERY ONE of your brothers and colleagues, not just here at FantasyFootballer.com but, in fact, throughout the whole industry, but it's not okay for someone to throw out a little witty barb (BACK) at you.  Well, if that doesn't REEK of an EGREGIOUS double-standard, I don't know what does.

BUT, that's not even the main point...  The main point is that,... what do you know,... insults breed insults breed insults...  Who'd a thunk it?  (Call me crazy, but I find sincerely humble apologies WAY cooler.  And, also, just because people don't voice their resentment about such comments like those you made in your Week 2 report, it doesn't mean that they don't carry it away with them deep in their heart-mind.)  Make no mistakes here, though...  You started it.  I just fired back.  And, then, you fired back at me...  Now, I'm NOT firing back anymore.  I'm in SERIOUS discourse mode.

Now, of course, to get all this, there is a critical distinction one must be able to make here.  One has to be able to distinguish between tough love that drives a point home and mere insults.  I will say this...  One sign of the former is when you find that a person is just as hard on him or herself as he or she is on others, i.e. holds him or herself to the same standard that he or she does others,... which ACTUALLY brings us back around to where I broke of that second paragraph here above.  In other words, double-standards are a sign of the latter.  One's having double-standards is a sign that self-critique is lacking, which renders a person incapable of leadership.

In fact, to take this one (unnecessary) step farther, I take it to be the case that being as hard on OTHERS as you are on yourself is a REQUIREMENT for authentic leadership...  To see this point teased out, see my post of praise directed toward bgsgfan on the following thread (it's my only post on the page; one of only two on the whole thread):

http://www.fantasyfootballer.com/cgi-bin/theGridiron/YaBB.cgi?board=7;ac tion=display;num=1188054586;start=150.

Good luck!
Tony_O

Email

« Reply #122 on: Sep 26th, 2007, 3:58pm »

on Sep 25th, 2007, 11:15pm, Oakland4life wrote:

Maybe only "steel" posted something because the rest of us don't need this shit. You seem to be the one on the offensive here Tony. Steg is only trying to kick you in the ass and have a little bit of pride in this site and yourself and put forth the effort the rest of us do each week.

I think its great that you made the step to become a junior correspondant. But it takes a little more than just saying. Try doing.

I agree with your take O4L, but your making your judgement without all of the information. I moved this past week and didn't have internet access until Monday. I had just got done sending Steve an IM apoligizing for not being able to get to the report and the reason why, which is what he said he would prefer. Then after sending it, I saw his additional post trying to make fun of me. So, I called him on it.
Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #123 on: Sep 26th, 2007, 4:05pm »

on Sep 26th, 2007, 3:58pm, Tony_O wrote:
Then after sending it, I saw his additional post trying to make fun of me. So, I called him on it.

Actually, it's the other way around.  I made the post before retrieving the PM.  BUT, YOU're right...  "I" could have deleted it after.  Again,... it didn't seem like a biggie.  Playful or not, insults breed insults breed insults, though.  If you are going to dish it out, be willing to take it, brother!
Philly
UFF Primetime Prophet
# 29

Pay, I said pay attention, son.

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #124 on: Sep 26th, 2007, 8:33pm »

I think insults can be fun when done in a playful manner and when the insulter knows the insultee is going to get a chuckle out of it (i.e., most smack talk within a fantasy league). When insults are done with the intent to make someone else feel bad (and, in turn, make the insulter feel superior in some way to the insultee), then they're unnecessary and irresponsible and only beget more insults and more mean-spirited behavior. That's not the type of person I'm interested in being. How about you?  

Just my uninvited . Have a great day!
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

Previous topic|Next topic

Fantasyfootballer.com's Gridiron » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.1!
YaBB 2000-2002,
Xnull. All Rights Reserved.

Most smilies provided by "MySmilies.com", "Jason's Smiley Collection" or "Clicksmilies.com".
"the Gridiron" Copyright 2002-2016 - Product of FantasyFootballer.com. All rights reserved.