In remembrance of 9/11/01

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Nov 23rd, 2017, 11:24am EST

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members GamesGames Login Login Register Register
Fantasyfootballer.com's Gridiron Interested in becoming a Junior Correspondent

"Welcome to 'the Gridiron'... Fantasy football at its best!"

Fantasy Football News Feed Co-commissioner Services Add "the Gridiron" to your site
Lend a hand... Make a donation to "the Gridiron"!!!
   Fantasyfootballer.com's Gridiron
   the Gridiron
   the Sidelines
(Moderators: Replay Official, Side Judge, Line Judge, Umpire, Head Linesman, Back Judge, Field Judge, Referee)
   Interested in becoming a Junior Correspondent
Previous topic|Next topic
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6  7 Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Interested in becoming a Junior Correspondent  (Read 24131 times)
Callie
Gridiron Great
# 219

Go, Gridironettes!

calliewall  
View Profile WWW Email

Re: Interested in becoming a Junior Correspondent
« Reply #75 on: Jun 8th, 2006, 7:01pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Thanks!!  I like it!!  

“If life gives you lemons make orange juice. Let the rest of the world figure out how you did it.”
Tony_O

Email

« Reply #76 on: Jun 8th, 2006, 7:13pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

If the Cowboys become open let me know. It's a little dissapointing that nothing new has been updated since January 1, 2006.
Larsen89
GM
# 532

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile

« Reply #77 on: Jul 3rd, 2006, 12:22pm »

I'd be interested in becoming a Vikings Correspondent.  I'm not sure how the guy who currently is doing, last post was in March?  I'm a die-hard Viking fan and I would hope to impress, I follow it closely reading all the Minneapolis-St. Paul newspapers everyday on-line, vikingupdate.com / vikings.com / kfan.com etc. etc.  

If you are looking to replace or looking for a 2nd person to head up the Vikings, I'll be all over it, noticed you said you were looking for long-termers....Here I am!!!!

I'll review what else is availabe, but Minnesota sports are my forte.
Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer
Champ - '94, '99, '02, '04

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #78 on: Jul 3rd, 2006, 4:16pm »

Larsen89, to "the Gridiron"!!! We've got a great bunch around here... Hang out and I think you'll enjoy the scene!

As for the Vikings report,... all these guys are volunteers and (as such) during the offseason it's difficult for me to push them too hard. captainpurple (Robert) is ultimately a long-time, diehard member of the site and has won my loyalty. If he weren't to be around/have a report up come mid-August, then I'd contact him, see what's up and, if he for some reason wants to/has to step down and you make yourself a fixture around here, I'd keep you in mind. Besides that, though,... if you are interested in coming aboard, I'd suggest considering one of the other 12 teams we need covered. That would be the way to "really" show your "team spirit" and that you're a "team player". Thank you for offering, nevertheless.

By the way, Tony, the same stands for Primer (Gene) and the Cowboys report as you can probably gather. Of course, you've been a long-timer here, too, so as time goes by that is duly noted. Again, though, as I suggested to Larsen, there are 12 other teams available. This is a fantasy football site, not NFL.com. If Tom Brady, e.g., is on your team, you become a Patriots "fan" (although, incidentally, I may have a guy for the Pats here soon) "by default"... Follow???
« Last Edit: Jul 3rd, 2006, 5:46pm by Stegfucius » Logged
Tony_O

Email

« Reply #79 on: Jul 3rd, 2006, 7:04pm »

*just my opinion and not a personal attack on anyone, just an observation of the work done to this point*

I totally appreciate and understand your idea of picking up a team to show your dedication to the site. However, not having a passion for a team can or has created a lack of dedication to the report. For example, only 2 team reports have actually done an update on the teams draft, which in my opinion is unprofessional. If I was a new comer to the site and clicked on "my" teams report and saw that nobody had bothered to write on the teams draft, which is a very important part of the season, I would be unimpressed to say the least. Therefore, I would rather wait for a team I was passionate about then grab a team and add another less than average team report. Now if the goal is just to have weekly fantasy updates and not around the year team updates, then the reports are probably satisfactory.  

Once again just my opinion on the reports, not the writers themselves!!!!!!
Philly
UFF Primetime Prophet
# 29

Pay, I said pay attention, son.

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #80 on: Jul 5th, 2006, 9:41am »

I understand that fantasy guys (and gals, Callie!) sometimes take a break in the off-season, but if the Gridiron wants to be the year-round destination for football information and opinion, then we need more of a commitment from the writers. I believe that Steg asked for weekly updates in-season and monthly updates out-of-season.

Here are the last updates that we currently have:
12/29, 12/30, 12/30, 12/30, 12/31, 12/31, 1/1, 1/7, 1/8, 1/13, 1/22, 2/5, 3/13, 4/3, 4/25, 5/2, 5/2, 6/25... (Most of these were archived because they are so old.)

I last updated mine (Eagles) on 6/13 and haven't done so since because there has been little to no news worthy of reporting. Regardless, I had planned an update this week since we're expected to do (at least) a monthly report in the off-season.

I know it's difficult to enforce this with volunteers (some of whom even donate their money in addition to their time), but if we have others ready and willing to do the work, then I don't think they should be shut out of the team they follow religiously because someone else said they'd do the work and then didn't follow through.

The thing is, nearly all of the people who do team reports are regular visitors here -- meaning they've been to the site many, many times since their last update and haven't put forth the effort to write a couple sentences on their teams... And it's not like nothing has happened since the end of December.  Free agency (which every NFL team was affected by) and the draft (which every NFL team participated in) have occurred.  I can't believe there was nothing fantasy newsworthy happening there...

« Last Edit: Jul 5th, 2006, 9:44am by Philly » Logged
MordecaiCourage

Email

« Reply #81 on: Jul 5th, 2006, 12:24pm »

on Jul 5th, 2006, 9:41am, Philly wrote:
we need more of a commitment from the writers.  

The thing is, nearly all of the people who do team reports are regular visitors here -- meaning they've been to the site many, many times since their last update and haven't put forth the effort to write a couple sentences on their teams

In all likelyhood Philly (and others), people who have volunteered to be correspondents simply have full time responsibilities outside of the Gridiron. These responsibilities go on during and after the football season. For example (hypothetically of course)...let's say someone had volunteered to do 3 team reports. After football season wrapped up, this correspondent just happened to have 3 boys who played baseball and basketball. Let's say that this certain correspondent coached 1 of those boys from November to February in basketball and 2 of those boys from Feb. to late July in baseball. Pretty busy guy/gal you might say. Now, adding color to this person's schedule, let's suppose the same guy/gal also taught 4th graders twice a week, maintained a 53 hour work week, maintained his/her house, was a caretaker for his/her elderly terminal mother, was a husband/wife to his/her spouse, father/mother to his/her children, friend to his/her neighbors (do I need to continue?) I'll even bet that if you found this hypothetical correspondent, he/she would probably have many of his/her team report posts well after midnight when many other's are sleeping, partying, or doing whatever else they may do for themselves. So, please tell him/her more about committment, I don't think they quite get it! I would be willing to bet that a guy/gal who even took on 1 team and only updated during the regular season religously, was showing incredible committment in just doing that. Step on toes? Though I know you didn't mean to, I'll bet you stepped right on this hypothetical correspondent's toes....assuming he/she was a real person!!

Even with all that...I'm sure he/she will update in the very near future,  
« Last Edit: Jul 5th, 2006, 12:40pm by MordecaiCourage » Logged
Philly
UFF Primetime Prophet
# 29

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #82 on: Jul 5th, 2006, 1:50pm »

I made a very deliberate attempt to NOT list names, hypothetical or otherwise, in my post so that those with sensitive toes might not feel trodden upon. I was merely hoping to remind some people to get their reports updated or to encourage some of those amazingly busy (but committed) people to consider giving up a team to someone else who might have requested it.

I'm sure we're all pretty busy people offline. I'm not going to list all my responsibilities or share how many hours I work each week because I have no desire to turn this into a "I'm busier than you are" contest. I do know that all of us agreed to certain stipulations when we offered to help out as team correspondents. I applaud those of you (hypothetical or otherwise) who volunteered to take on additional teams. I know that all of those multi-teamed writers took on those teams knowing the amount of time that they had to offer to such a venture.
« Last Edit: Jul 5th, 2006, 1:51pm by Philly » Logged
BarnabyWilde
Gridiron Great
CBFL Champ - '04
# 24

Hey Rock!Watch me pull the Gridiron out of my hat!

nygiants4life56   bpbagwell
View Profile Email

« Reply #83 on: Jul 5th, 2006, 2:27pm »

I for one am not taking anything anyone says to heart critisizing the team reports, especially when he/she won't step up to the plate and do one themselves.  

I too do three reports and have a full time job working graveyards, with three children, two of whom I have coached basketball, soccer and baseball in the last six months.

If you want to whine about the team reports, come do one yourself. If you don't want to do one, than shut up.

New York Giants...WORLD CHAMPS!!!!
MordecaiCourage

Email

« Reply #84 on: Jul 5th, 2006, 4:26pm »

Wow Barnaby, you sound just like my hypothetical correspondent. You almost mirror that word for word.

I am not trying to start anything here Philly, just think that anyone who volunteers their time should not be questioned about their "committment" level. I know you are not doing that, so I am only answering others by answering your post (if that makes sense) Anyway, I will be putting up some current info. in the near future on my reports.  
Callie
Gridiron Great
# 219

Go, Gridironettes!

calliewall  
View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #85 on: Jul 5th, 2006, 6:51pm »

I always read all the team reports, and I'm glad to have 'em!

For my team reports, I've put in early FA reports, draft reports, and the odd FA items in the Off-Season threads.  I've been planning to put in reports on what to watch for in camp (my teams don't do camp until late July).  But if you guys would like more, just say so!  I love doing this stuff!  

“If life gives you lemons make orange juice. Let the rest of the world figure out how you did it.”
MordecaiCourage

Email

« Reply #86 on: Jul 5th, 2006, 7:02pm »

Thanks Callie..your reports are usually the first ones I look at when I sign on. You are very good at what you do!!
Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #87 on: Jul 5th, 2006, 10:48pm »

on Jul 3rd, 2006, 7:04pm, Tony_O wrote:
*just my opinion and not a personal attack on anyone, just an observation of the work done to this point*

I totally appreciate and understand your idea of picking up a team to show your dedication to the site. However, not having a passion for a team can or has created a lack of dedication to the report. For example, only 2 team reports have actually done an update on the teams draft, which in my opinion is unprofessional. If I was a new comer to the site and clicked on "my" teams report and saw that nobody had bothered to write on the teams draft, which is a very important part of the season, I would be unimpressed to say the least. Therefore, I would rather wait for a team I was passionate about then grab a team and add another less than average team report. Now if the goal is just to have weekly fantasy updates and not around the year team updates, then the reports are probably satisfactory.  

Once again just my opinion on the reports, not the writers themselves!!!!!!

What ensued after Tony's post is a bunch of good people, who have done a great deal to make this site what it is, adjusting their drawers after, indemnification clauses at top and bottom aside, getting pretty much called out on the carpet...  I'd like to put this post of Tony's back into perspective...

I fear, Toner, that your post here is wrought with fallacious reasoning...  First,... a quick hit regarding your use of the word "unprofessional",... until this site is generating real revenue and writers are getting paid, the "effort" here remains "amateur" by definition.  All we can do is "do our best" and be as "professional" as can be expected in a "volunteer" environment.  In any event, the fact of the matter is that I have dismissed writers of their duties here.  It's just that given the "volunteer" nature to things the threshold is rather low.  It's just a function of the circumstances...  Furthermore, until you actually step up and do one of these things, I don't think you understand all that it takes (out of you).  I digress...  Forget about reports for a second...  I have a post I am going to append to a thread here after I get done with this.  I spent about FIVE hours writing it out (yes, "writing" it; I didn't have internet access yesterday) on the 4th of July, no less, and this is just a "post".  Team reports are even more serious business, and, notwithstanding the offseason requirement of one report per month, the fact of the matter is that July, August and in-season reports are, at this stage of the game, what's most important.  I would also like to add that personally I feel that NFL Draft analysis is not the key on this site.  It happens to be Jeff's schtick and Callie too seems to enjoy it, but, really, I feel that they are going way beyond the call of duty analyzing each and every draft pick for their teams.  Honestly, as far as I am concerned, much beyond the first round and surely no later than the third, those guys have to prove to me their "fantasy relevance" in, at least, training camp if not the season... or "some" season.  That said, I am not going to discourage Jeff and Call.  If they enjoy doing it, I say go for it.  Bottom line, if someone does a solid job from July through December/January, which by and large everybody on staff right now does, I'm willing to cut them slack during the months of February through June.  What I surely do NOT want is a bunch of burnt-out volunteer writers.  If taking a break from February through June,... again,... at this "voluntary" stage of the game,... means better, more invigorated "volunteer" work come July through December/January, I say fine, let it be.

But, here is my greater concern with your post, Tony...  You are working with a (false) pretense which is leading you to a (logical) fallacy in your reasoning...  You (in response to my post, I suppose) want to draw a correlation between writers reporting on their favorite teams and the high "quality" and frequency of their reports vis-a-vis writers NOT reporting on a team that's their favorite and the low "quality" and frequency of their reports.  I don't think this is going to check out at all...  Let's quickly first just look at the three for which Draft analysis was done...

Eagles - Jeff West - Favorite team
Raiders - Cheryl Wall - Favorite team
49ers - Cheryl Wall - NOT favorite team

So,... well,... you're batting .666...  Not bad...  But,... again,... your indemnification clauses about your post be impersonal aside, I firmly believe that it's ALL ABOUT Jeff's and Cheryl's personal situations and bents with respect to the Draft.  Without doing the calculations beforehand, I am guessing that you will bat less that .500 with the rest (without even including Jim's and Todd's updates of today, which, good news, Tony, I think your post might have "effected" or, at least, "affected" )...  Let's see...

Bills - Matt McElligott - FAVORITE team - Last updated 12/30 (Out!)

Bengals - Jim O'Dell - NOT favorite team - Last updated (before today) 1/8 (Hit!)

Cowboys - Gene Nestro - FAVORITE team - Last updated 1/1 (Out!)

Broncos - Steve Stegeman - FAVORITE team - Last updated 6/25, but only two offseason updates in total (Foul ball!)

Lions - Jim O'Dell - NOT favorite team - Last updated (before today) 12/30 (Hit!)

Packers - Ken Mesecher - FAVORITE team - Last updated 12/31 (Out!)

Texans - Ken Mesecher - 2nd favorite team - Last updated 12/31 (Foul ball!)

Colts - Todd Webster - NOT favorite team - Last updated (before today) 1/13 (Hit!)

Vikings - Robert Christianson - FAVORITE team - Last updated 3/13 (Out!)

Giants - Jim O'Dell - FAVORITE team - Last updated (before today) 4/25 (Just foul!)

Raiders - Cheryl Wall - FAVORITE team - Last updated 5/2 (Hit!)

Eagles - Jeff West - FAVORITE team - Last updated 6/13 (Hit!)

Steelers - Jeremy Miller - FAVORITE team - Last updated 2/5 (Out!)

Chargers - Travis Cooper - FAVORITE team - Last updated 12/30 (Out!)

49ers - Cheryl Wall - NOT favorite team - Last updated 5/2 (Out!)

Seahawks - Ken Mesecher - NOT favorite team - Last updated 1/22 (Hit!)

Rams - Rick Gould - FAVORITE team - Last updated 4/3 (Out!)

Bears - formerly Cheryl Wall - NOT favorite team - Last updated 5/2 (Out!)

Chiefs - Kevin Anderson - NOT favorite team - Last updated 12/29 (Hit!)

Redskins - David Bohrer - FAVORITE team - Last updated 1/7 (Out!)

Okay...  So, whatchya hittin'???  7 for 17 for a .412 average... good in baseball, but lousy here!

Furthermore, with respect to guys who I had to relieve from duty, you are batting .000, goose eggs!  The Redskins was former correspondent Justin Madeyski's favorite team as were the Lions for former correspondent George Thomas and the Texans for former correspondent Austin Patton.  0 for 3!

The bottom line is that it really makes no difference, and the fact of the matter is, contrary to your (transparent, but, in any event, unnecessary) indemnification clauses, all this IS revelatory of the person (in a existentialist/personalist (existentialism with a Christian twist) sense, which is how I view/assess things... and people).  You don't just author your writing.  You author your life, and commitments are a part of that, and commitments should only be made when it is believed that they can be foreseeably and reasonably fulfilled.  So, with that said, notwithstanding all of what I wrote above, I am disappointed with the lack of effort put forth by our team correspondents this offseason, including myself to some degree.  But, I am NOT nearly disappointed enough to start giving anybody the hook,... no less to a "Johnnie come lately" (the Cowboys, after all, were available for some time, as of January of '05).  Too much work has been "volunteered" and too much good-will has been built up with me by everyone on the current staff for me to be all too hasty with the whip. Honestly,... Tony,... the irony is that what your post screams most is "Don't count on me for anything but the Cowboys," which is a shame... I think you could do a good job, and if you took on a"nother" team, you might situate yourself to take over the Cowboys if Gene ever decides to step down or has to be relieved of his duty.  As things stand right now, you are just another Cowboy fan, who, granted, does happen to be a long-time member of the site, but not a writer building up a "resume" of sorts with me and, on the personal side, testing yourself and making sure you really are cut out for this.

(This "post" itself took 90 minutes...  So, you want to be a writer, huh???)
Tony_O

Email

« Reply #88 on: Jul 8th, 2006, 4:04pm »

I'll just let your 90 minute rant stand for itself.  

Just to state an accurate representation of the responses to my post, not all of the writers felt insulted or affended by my post. The writers who "in my opinion" seem to have taken a serious year round approach to their team reports appeared or stated by more than one way, appreciated my post.

I, like the hypothetical writer from MC's post am a very busy person away from here. I too work 40+ hours, coach Baseball, Soccer, Etc., have 2 children, attend church, attend bible studies, work in kids ministries, go on missions trips, and a list other stuff.  
That's why I never "stepped" up before.

However, when I have a moment to myself, I check the web and find out what is going on with my favorite team, the Cowboys. I follow the draft, free agency, depth charts, etc. So, for me, since I am already spending the time doing the research, writing the report wouldn't take that much more effort. This was my point of view in making the favorite team/passion rational. It obviously, doesn't apply to other writers on the staff. Football is by far my favorite sport and I don't take a break during the off-season, thats just me. At this point in my life, I probably wouldn't have the time to research, to the extent that I would prefer, a team other than the Cowboys.

As far as my unnecessary before and after indemnification clause...... I wanted to use them incase my feelings about the writers themselves were not transparent. I wanted to make sure they understood that I was judging the work and not the person. It is not my right or my intention to judge them. I used the indemnification clauses before and after because of your post from another thread......

on Jun 16th, 2006, 5:31am, StegRock wrote:

I hate that shit the most... It forces my hand... Up until that, I wasn't going to respond, or I was going to only VERY simply (with ... ). It's like putting that indemnification clause at the end is somehow supposed to nullify or mitigate what you've written. It doesn't, though. It's a hollow and transparent gesture. So, don't even bother appending it to the end of your message just to convolute things. It's like when a lawyer refers to or asks about something he's not supposed to and it is objected to and "stricken" from the record, but the bottom line is the jury's heard it. You claim you're just joking after the fact (why not put that parenthetical at the beginning, so I could have stopped reading right there, and people would be tipped off before reading the rest, which does affect the mindset of the reader?), but the damage is already done, in fact, still being done.

In closing, I apoligize if I stepped on the toes of any the writers, hypothetical or not. However, if my post created a renewed fire under the writers #$*! and the result is new updated team reports. Then this SITE is better for it and in the end thats all I was worried about. Although this site isn't a money making machine, I don't see it or the work being done as "amateur". This is a professionally operated and designed Fantasy Football site and that is a result of your hard work Steve.  

« Last Edit: Jul 8th, 2006, 4:13pm by Tony_O » Logged
Tony_O

Email

« Reply #89 on: Jul 8th, 2006, 4:31pm »

Being that I was away for 4 days and didn't have access to the site, I see that many if not all of the reports have been updated. I guess the post made a difference directly or indirectly in some way.
Tony_O

Email

« Reply #90 on: Jul 8th, 2006, 8:02pm »

[quote author=StegRock link=board=58;num=1091218912;start=75#87 date=07/05/06 at 22:48:20]

Honestly,... Tony,... the irony is that what your post screams most is "Don't count on me for anything but the Cowboys," which is a shame... . As things stand right now, you are just another Cowboy fan, who, granted, does happen to be a long-time member of the site [quote]

What really is a shame, is that discription of my involvement with this site.  
Really, the team reports is the only thing I havn't really been involved with. I participate in on-site leagues, post frequently, participate in site drafts, huddles etc., have made monitary donations, and researched potential site sponsors for the fantasy magazine. But, hey I'm just a Cowboy fan who has been around for awhile.
Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #91 on: Jul 9th, 2006, 7:50pm »

That's what I meant by "long-time" member, Tony.  It just didn't seem necessary for me to "itemize" it out here (for, while your contributions better some, for sure, they pale in comparison to others, some of whom, with your words, you are matter-of-factly calling out on the carpet, and, mind you, the road you've paved for yourself on "the Gridiron" hasn't been as,... well,... "smooth" as most of the others; it's been a somewhat "gravely" path).  And, while I agree that your post did succeed in lighting a fire under some asses (I too acknowledged that in, what amounts to you as, my "rant"), about which I am happy, mind you (but we are coming to "that" time of year, so... don't break your back patting it ), and while churches around the country were full of good-hearted, well-intentioned parishioners and congregation members this weekend, I sat with an 88-year-old Chinese(-American) man, a WWII veteran, in fact,... a locksmith, as it mattered to me at the moment (as per my latest post on the "Site Donors" thread),... who told me a (war) story from which I gleaned (and shared with him) the following words:  "It's more important to see the opportunities you have in life (to make a difference) and seize them than complain about the ones you don't or have lost." Take it however you want, but understand that those are words the old chieftan here finds wise and thinks are worth living by,... you know,... the guy who, amidst all his "rantings" and "ravings" somehow makes this "amateur" site seem so professional... without ever waving a magic wand.

Also,... quick addendum,... that quote of mine there you copied and pasted from my "debate" with JYJ on that other thread, Tony, is REALLY out of context here.  My point about your "indemnification" clauses here is QUITE different than the one I am making about Jake's there.  My point here regards that "author of life" stuff I wrote about...  That saying it about the work is tantamount to saying it about the person,... and what I'm saying, quite the contrary to what you're suggesting I'm saying, is that that's not a bad thing... in my book.  "Who" are you... besides your actions?  That's where I'm coming from...
Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #92 on: Jul 14th, 2006, 2:35am »

This post is to our "FF-specific" team correspondents...

Guys... and gal,... Tony's wake-up call aside,... remember that our team reports are supposed to be "FF-specific". Avoid newsbreaking! That's exactly what we do NOT want to do. As far as reporting the news in and of itself, we canNOT even come close to competing with secondary football news sources like KFFL and Fanball, let alone the BIG news outlets like ESPN and CNN/SI. OUR magic is in OUR giving OUR UNIQUE fantasy spins and having them all available here EXCLUSIVELY, NOT in reporting the news, no less fantasy-irrelevant news.  In any event,... we have a newsbreaker at FantasyFootballer.com, namely "The REAL Feed". ...  Anyway, just a heads up... Now,... back to the good work...
« Last Edit: Jul 14th, 2006, 3:19am by Stegfucius » Logged
Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #93 on: Jul 14th, 2006, 2:08pm »

on Jul 14th, 2006, 2:35am, StegRock wrote:
This post is to our "FF-specific" team correspondents...

Guys... and gal,... Tony's wake-up call aside,... remember that our team reports are supposed to be "FF-specific". Avoid newsbreaking! That's exactly what we do NOT want to do. As far as reporting the news in and of itself, we canNOT even come close to competing with secondary football news sources like KFFL and Fanball, let alone the BIG news outlets like ESPN and CNN/SI. OUR magic is in OUR giving OUR UNIQUE fantasy spins and having them all available here EXCLUSIVELY, NOT in reporting the news, no less fantasy-irrelevant news. In any event,... we have a newsbreaker at FantasyFootballer.com, namely "The REAL Feed". ... Anyway, just a heads up... Now,... back to the good work...

Guys,... just to be absolutely clear here,... it's NOT enough for a news item/story to just be fantasy-relevant in and of itself and, thus, just reported per se with no further commentary. The key here is for you guys to give your (FantasyFootballer.com) "fantasy-specific" take...  Original content is the key for us!!!  Okay... Over and out...
« Last Edit: Jul 14th, 2006, 2:12pm by Stegfucius » Logged
Larsen89
GM
# 532

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile

« Reply #94 on: Jul 14th, 2006, 9:30pm »

Hey Steg, does this mean the Vikings are up for grabs???  How about putting me on probation?
Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #95 on: Jul 14th, 2006, 10:00pm »

on Jul 14th, 2006, 9:30pm, Larsen89 wrote:

Hey Steg, does this mean the Vikings are up for grabs??? How about putting me on probation?

No, no, no...  Read through that post of mine carefully, please, Larsen.  You've quoted me WAY out of context there.

If you want to take on another team besides the Vikes,... then we're talkin'...  Otherwise,... no dice (right now or in the foreseeable future).  Sorry, man.
Philly
UFF Primetime Prophet
# 29

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #96 on: Jul 15th, 2006, 3:16pm »

That's worth a little snicker...

Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #97 on: Aug 1st, 2006, 2:28am »

I'd like to take a moment here to our newest addition to the writing staff here at FantasyFootballer.com, our NEW Arizona Cardinals FF-specific team correspondent, Takamine305 a.k.a. Nathan Hamilton, son of Chuck a.k.a. cwhams.  Lookin' forward to your first report, man...

http://www.ffpro.com/teamreports/cardinals/cardinals-footballinfoframes. htm.
MordecaiCourage

Email

« Reply #98 on: Aug 1st, 2006, 11:08am »

Way to go Nathan.........have some fun with it bro.
Philly
UFF Primetime Prophet
# 29

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #99 on: Aug 1st, 2006, 12:33pm »

Hey... welcome aboard, Nathan.  Those Cards should be a fun bunch to keep track of now.  Just don't listen to your dad when he starts talking up Neil Rackers...
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6  7 Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

Previous topic|Next topic

Fantasyfootballer.com's Gridiron » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.1!
YaBB 2000-2002,
Xnull. All Rights Reserved.

Most smilies provided by "MySmilies.com", "Jason's Smiley Collection" or "Clicksmilies.com".
"the Gridiron" Copyright 2002-2016 - Product of FantasyFootballer.com. All rights reserved.