In remembrance of 9/11/01

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Nov 18th, 2017, 11:47pm EST

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members GamesGames Login Login Register Register
Fantasyfootballer.com's Gridiron Any football officials on here?

"Welcome to 'the Gridiron'... Fantasy football at its best!"

Fantasy Football News Feed Co-commissioner Services Add "the Gridiron" to your site
Lend a hand... Make a donation to "the Gridiron"!!!
   Fantasyfootballer.com's Gridiron
   the Gridiron
   the Sidelines
(Moderators: Replay Official, Side Judge, Line Judge, Umpire, Head Linesman, Back Judge, Field Judge, Referee)
   Any football officials on here?
Previous topic|Next topic
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Any football officials on here?  (Read 567 times)
arreferee
Tackling Dummy
# 526

See it, know it, throw it.

View Profile WWW

Any football officials on here?
« on: May 3rd, 2006, 6:24am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Hey guys,

I'm sure 99% of you on here have no interest in this whatsoever, but if there are any football officials on here, this is for you.

A new website has been created in the past year or so that is dedicated to football officials everywhere. Since it's beginning, it has grown to reach all parts of the US and a few places outside of the US. The address of the site is www.refstripes.com.

The mission of this site is to help us all become better officials by communicating with each other and learning from each other.

The main part of the site is a discussion board that can be found using a link on the left side of the main page (or you can go straight to it here: http://www.refstripes.com/forum/index.php). Currently, we have over 500 members on the discussion board from all over the United States (and a few from outside the country). If you would like to join the discussion board, just click "regsiter" at the top left of the page just under the logo and set up a username and password.

A news page, a links page, and a page for new officials can also be found from the main page of Refstripes.com. If you know of any new officials that will be starting football, the page for new officils might be of interest to them. It tries to answer some basic questions that new officials will have.

If this is something you might be interested in, feel free to take a look at the site and see what you think. Also, please pass this onto your other officiating acquaintences. Let me know if you have any questions or problems with the site.

Thank you,  
Refstripes.com
« Last Edit: May 4th, 2006, 2:49am by Stegfucius » Logged

Without officials, it's only recess
steelkings

Email

Re: Any football officials on here?
« Reply #1 on: May 3rd, 2006, 6:58am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

You will definatly meet an official around here. He's gonna throw a flag too!

Cool site though. Im a summer baseball guy. I love rules talk.
« Last Edit: May 3rd, 2006, 7:09am by steelkings » Logged
captainpurple
Red Zone Master
# 179

oh Lord, deliver us from the fury of the Norsemen!

folske   casahojo
View Profile

« Reply #2 on: May 3rd, 2006, 11:25am »

Thanks newbie!  

As a line judge at the high school level for the last 7 years, I'll check it out and let you know what I think.

Now, on to business.....we'd love to have ya here as a fantasy football fanatic to help us dissect all the nuances that make up the game we love.  All we ask, is that you take a quick second to check out the categories we have defined.   Besides the obvious eyebrow-raiser that comes with pimping another site on your first post, the said pimpage went into the wrong section of the Gridiron.  So when you come back, you'll prolly find this moved to "betwen the 20's" where it fits nicely.    

We've all been nipped a time or two, but the organization really does make this a much cleaner, easier site in which to converse FF.

So don't be a stranger, and thanks for the head up!  

3 straight underperforming seasons, one nitwit head coach, 2 problem child WRs, 1 collosal trade bungle....but a wild boat party with booze and hookers!!!????? Priceless.
arreferee
Tackling Dummy
# 526

See it, know it, throw it.

View Profile WWW

« Reply #3 on: May 3rd, 2006, 1:56pm »

on May 3rd, 2006, 11:25am, captainpurple wrote:
Thanks newbie!

As a line judge at the high school level for the last 7 years, I'll check it out and let you know what I think.

Now, on to business.....we'd love to have ya here as a fantasy football fanatic to help us dissect all the nuances that make up the game we love. All we ask, is that you take a quick second to check out the categories we have defined. Besides the obvious eyebrow-raiser that comes with pimping another site on your first post, the said pimpage went into the wrong section of the Gridiron. So when you come back, you'll prolly find this moved to "betwen the 20's" where it fits nicely.  

We've all been nipped a time or two, but the organization really does make this a much cleaner, easier site in which to converse FF.

So don't be a stranger, and thanks for the head up!

Thanks for the info.  Please move it as you see fit.   on me.

Without officials, it's only recess
Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer
Champ - '94, '99, '02, '04

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #4 on: May 4th, 2006, 12:04am »

First and foremost, to the site, friend.  I see you're busy with your own thing, but given your very well-thought-out presentation and understanding and willing compliance with our rules, you seem like our kind of guy.  I wish you the best of luck with your endeavor,... but do hope you can drop by here from time to time for your fantasy football needs and can recommend "the Gridiron @FantasyFootballer.com" to your fellow mates at RefStripes.com.

In fact, I just visited your site...  It seems like a nice site and community you are developing there.  Plugging it (in) here is surely no sweat off my back, it seems (not that I really care if other "FF" sites pimp their shit here because the Rock welcomes competition, in fact...  It just ups the ante and pushes me and us to push the envelope and improve...  There's nothing to fear in that), but cp's words are wise and should be "considered".

Also,... I like that smiley of yours there...  It just became "part of the show" here. Thank you...  And, please, by all means, if you want, feel free, arreferee, to gip that "Referee - Whistle Blower" smiley I used for the message icon here for your site.

Final item,... "the Sidelines"... "between the 20's", six of one, half a dozen of the other...  Since our "Back Judge" hath decided to move it here, I will not override his decision (especially since he just took the safest measure (with me not around to consult and given our allowance of "downstream" posting), and I appreciate that (Thank you, Stevo... )), but, truth be said, as cp states, this surely could have gone "between the 20's" (just for the record).

Needless to say, I've gone ahead and unlocked this thread...  Have at it, boyz!!!
Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #5 on: Jun 8th, 2006, 4:32pm »

"The REAL Feed" continues to grow and provide us with ALL kinds of neat "stuff",... quite literally...

Special Teams 2-Pack
Championship Productions Featured Items! (08.06.2006 09:17)
FD-02576B: with Bobby April, Buffalo Bills (NFL)Assistant Head Coach/Special Teams Coach For coaches who seek improvement in special teams play, this DVD will provide the catalyst needed. In detailed fashion, Coach April highlights everything needed for improving special teams play starting with...

Special Teams Master Plan
with Bobby April, Buffalo Bills (NFL)Assistant Head Coach/Special Teams Coach For coaches who seek improvement in special teams play, this DVD will provide the catalyst needed. In detailed fashion, Coach April highlights everything needed for improving special teams play starting with the develo...

Perfecting Pass Protection Fundamentals, Volume II
with John Matsko, Kansas City Chiefs (NFL) Offensive Line CoachIn this DVD, Coach John Matsko proves that outstanding line play does not "just happen". Attention to fundamentals, details, and technique are "the path that leads to success" in the trenches of the NFL. This DVD is a continuation of...

MIND YOU, I do NOT get any commission on this... ...
Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #6 on: Jun 27th, 2006, 7:33am »

While not exactly what this thread is about, this seems to be the best thread to post this stuff,... namely more gridiron goods for coaches (that could also be useful for referees to study)... from the top of "The REAL Feed":

3-4 Defense Stunt Attacks
Championship Productions Featured Items! (27.06.2006 05:05)
with Wayne Nunnely,San Diego Chargers Defensive Line CoachLed by Wayne Nunnely, the Charger 3-4 defense has recently ranked as high as third in the NFL against the run allowing only 81.7 yards per game and held their opponents to just 3.7 yards per carry! Coach Nunnely brings 30 years of footbal...
Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #7 on: Jul 20th, 2006, 5:20pm »

Again,... just continuing to show off the "diversification" of "The REAL Feed", on which you can even find the occasional football-related product:

12 Keys to Defending the Spread
Championship Productions Featured Items! (20.07.2006 05:13)
with Brian George,Indiana University Co-Defensive Coordinator / DLCoach George brings valuable Big 10 and MAC coaching experience to this defensive presentation. In 2005, Coach George mentored all-league defensive end Victor Adeyanju, who was a fourth round selection of the St. Louis Rams in the...
Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #8 on: Jul 21st, 2006, 3:42am »

More stuff for you coaches out there, which you referees have to take note of... from "The REAL Feed":

19 Position Skills for Defensive Line Play
Championship Productions Featured Items! (21.07.2006 02:09)
with Brian George,Indiana University Co-Defensive Coordinator / DL CoachCoach George brings valuable Big 10 and MAC coaching experience to this defensive presentation. In 2005, Coach George mentored all-league defensive end Victor Adeyanju, who was a fourth round selection of the St. Louis Rams ...
Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #9 on: Aug 4th, 2006, 3:28am »

This has become like my adopted thread for all things "referee"... From "The REAL Feed", refs' gear to be brought up to the times:

Fashion statement: NFL refs to sport new uniforms
ESPN: NFL (03.08.2006 23:38)
Coming this fall to an NFL stadium near you: fashion-forward referees.

Gone are the traditional vertical black-and-white stripes that have been a staple of the league seemingly since its inception and which live on in Foot Locker stores.

They won't look so -ish anymore,... and to think, I just picked up that smiley... ...
« Last Edit: Aug 4th, 2006, 3:47am by Stegfucius » Logged
Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #10 on: Aug 4th, 2006, 2:47pm »

Continuing to get tread off my adopted thread...  Rules, rules, rules...  From "The REAL Feed":

49ers notes: Nolan cries foul over coverage rule
The Sacramento Bee: SF 49ers (04.08.2006 06:06)
SANTA CLARA -- NFL officials were at the 49ers' camp Thursday to discuss new league rules, but they seemed to spend most of their time going over one of the old ones.
Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #11 on: Aug 13th, 2006, 8:38pm »

VERY intriguing piece from yet another great source on "The REAL Feed":

NFL: When flags fly, the referees' habits may be the reason
IHT: Sports (13.08.2006 19:05)
When the New York Giants hired Tom Coughlin as coach in January 2004, one of his stated goals was to instill discipline in his players.

Giants fans pissed???
Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #12 on: Aug 5th, 2009, 6:46pm »

Thought I'd use this old thread to report this news,... which is bumming out refs across the nation.  From "The REAL Feed":

NFL refs lament loss of opportunities with AFL
ESPN: NFL (05.08.2009 14:35)
It's not just players such as Kurt Warner who used the Arena Football League as a steppingstone to the NFL.
Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #13 on: Nov 3rd, 2009, 6:30pm »

Football trivia tidbits rolling off "The REAL Feed", the first one of which is related to the topic of this thread:

Did You Know...
About.com: Football (02.11.2009 23:37)
The penalty flag was first used in the NFL in a game between the Green Bay Packers and the Boston Yanks on September 17, 1948. More football firsts...  
Did You Know... originally appeared on About.com Football on Sunday,
Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #14 on: Nov 4th, 2009, 10:36pm »

More zebra issues rolling off "The REAL Feed":

FanHouse: Officials taking 'instant' out of replay
SI.com: NFL (04.11.2009 13:47)
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

Previous topic|Next topic

Fantasyfootballer.com's Gridiron » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.1!
YaBB 2000-2002,
Xnull. All Rights Reserved.

Most smilies provided by "MySmilies.com", "Jason's Smiley Collection" or "Clicksmilies.com".
"the Gridiron" Copyright 2002-2016 - Product of FantasyFootballer.com. All rights reserved.