In remembrance of 9/11/01

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Nov 22nd, 2017, 7:07pm EST

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members GamesGames Login Login Register Register
Fantasyfootballer.com's Gridiron I'll be away from my desk

"Welcome to 'the Gridiron'... Fantasy football at its best!"

Fantasy Football News Feed Co-commissioner Services Add "the Gridiron" to your site
Lend a hand... Make a donation to "the Gridiron"!!!
   Fantasyfootballer.com's Gridiron
   the Gridiron
   the Sidelines
(Moderators: Replay Official, Side Judge, Line Judge, Umpire, Head Linesman, Back Judge, Field Judge, Referee)
   I'll be away from my desk
Previous topic|Next topic
Pages: 1 2  Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: I'll be away from my desk  (Read 1887 times)
DirkDiggler
Gridiron Great
GBRFLer
Champ - '14
# 5

View Profile

Re: I'll be away from my desk
« Reply #25 on: Oct 15th, 2006, 2:00pm »

Steg just experienced an Earthquake in Hawaii. Good news is that he and his wife are fine.  Bad news is he has no pwer and no telling when he will.....

"Every rule has an exception....the exception can't become the rule"
Oakland4life
GM
# 426

"The Dark Side is Within You"

Red5+R2D2
View Profile Email

« Reply #26 on: Oct 15th, 2006, 11:33pm »

Wow, saying that Steg had an earthquake in Hawaii is an understatement.  Check out this site  http://earthquake.usgs.gov/eqcenter/recenteqsus/Maps/HI2/19.21.-157.-155 .php  

There were over 2 dozen earthqaukes today in Hawaii.  Im glad Steve and family are o.k.

Good luck gettn your power and things back in order steg.

QB Mcnabb, Warner
RB- LT2, F. Gore, S. Young, K. Keith
RC- Ocho Cinco, G. Jennings, K. Curtis, J. Jerevicous
TE Gonzo, V. Davis
D- Redskins/ ST Bears
MordecaiCourage

Email

« Reply #27 on: Oct 17th, 2006, 10:28am »

Glad to see Steg has posted since the quake...that's a good sign   Hope all is well with ya' Steg, let us know.
Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer
Champ - '94, '99, '02, '04

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #28 on: Oct 18th, 2006, 7:13pm »

Hey, guys and gals...  I just wanted to thank you all for all the well wishes! ... They made my day when I finally got to return to the digs here. Besides here on this thread and on another thread on the GBRFL league board, I also received a few private messages.  It was all very nice.  It helps remind me how "plugged in" we've really become here (we just need to make the move from "energy outlet" to "co-op, and we'll really make it ).  Anyway, rather than repaint the picture, here are a couple private message replies I sent...

on Oct 16th, 2006, 4:14pm, admin wrote:
It was wild to experience, but not all too "efficacious"...  It's turned out to be a hassle more than anything.  Thanks for the concern, though.  I'm behind the 8-ball with everything and playing catch-up... Feel free to pass this on to those concerned.  Be in touch! I gotta run...

on Oct 18th, 2006, 4:48pm, admin wrote:
It was crazy.  More like an amusement-park ride than anything.  The games had just kicked off when the rumbling started.  Power outage was what made it suck.  Other than that, not a biggie... here on Oahu.  On the Big Island, there were a few small building collapses.

Ultimately, injuries and damage were at a minimum.  Thank God!

As for the old Stegger,... I don't miss a beat.  Once I was able to get back on, I was,... well,... back to pluggin' away, making up for lost time,... which is why it took me so long to respond here.  Thanks, also, though, for keeping the ship asail during my absence.
Callie
Gridiron Great
# 219

Go, Gridironettes!

calliewall  
View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #29 on: Oct 20th, 2006, 6:36pm »

This is more of an "I've been away from my desk."

I've been less active around here lately, because I've had daily crushing & disabling allergy induced headaches (not a strong enough word) for the ages.  Those things have time limits, though, so don't worry.  I'm not abandoning you guys.  

“If life gives you lemons make orange juice. Let the rest of the world figure out how you did it.”
Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #30 on: Nov 29th, 2006, 1:15pm »

Okay,... everybody,... I am one BIG BALL of STRESS right now.  I head out to the JPII Conference tonight.  I have a(n unfinished) paper presentation this afternoon (unfinished (but I'll manage) primarily due to the fact that our Japanese instructor decided to break records for assigning homework during our last week of classroom instruction,... bitch).  I have slept an average of about four hours a night for as long as I can remember at this point.  While going to this conference is going to be wonderful, I am sure, I kind of forgot how BRUTAL of a time of year this is for graduate students (of "rigorous" disciplines, at least).  In any event, after "enduring" Japanese class here midday and doing a couple hours of last-minute work on the presentation, I roll to the class for which I have to make the presentation.  It ends at 6:00.  Shuttle's here at 8:00.  We're in the air at 11:20... in Newark at 4:30-ish on Thursday... in Pittsburgh at around midnight-ish.  Conference commences at 8:00 the next morning; closes that night at about 9:00-ish. (Holy hell!)  Next day, start back up at 8:30; go 'til 5:30.  Get IMMEDIATELY in car and head to Jersey shore, where I hope to arrive at mom's by 1 o'clock-ish. I'm just painting a picture, guys.  My "status" for the games this week REALLY is OUT!!! ... I will be EXTREMELY scarce until Sunday night and still virtually scarce until next Wednesday (and, then, still basically scarce until after the semester ends on Friday, December 15th) once I am off the computer here within the next 30 or so minutes.

There are repercussions when I am THIS "unavailable".  I will discuss some of them in relevant areas of the site.  In any event, though, I IMPLORE all of you who "love" this site to do your best to "work" with me here at least over the next week.  If you are one of my staffers, PLEASE keep the spammers at bay during my absence, including over at the other joint, ESPECIALLY this board:  http://www.internetstitute.com/cgi-bin/forum/YaBB.cgi/YaBB.cgi?board=5, which can turn into a REAL mess REAL fast if it goes neglected for just one day!  Of course, it is NOT just that board!  Anyway, I'm just going to lay it on the line here.  If I come back to boards full of spam, either here or over there, I will be disappointed. It is what it is.  Over the next seven or so days, I REALLY need you all's help.  I hope yous come through.  This is what yous signed up for.

And, TO EVERYBODY, PLEASE try your best to participate in the "regular" threads in "the Red Zone" and "between the 20's", threads such as "the Red Zone's" "PRIMED Players" and "Mirages" threads and "between the 20's's" weekly "Bitchin'" and "MVP's" threads.

Seeing "activity" in general during my absence so as to pick up the slack and coming back to NO SPAM will put a smile on my face!
<- "That", to one degree or another, is within your ability to accomplish!!!

Thank yous...  Over and out... ...
Callie
Gridiron Great
# 219

Go, Gridironettes!

calliewall  
View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #31 on: Dec 17th, 2006, 5:22pm »

Sorry for the absence, guys.  My computer situation should be back up now.    

Happy Holidays!!

“If life gives you lemons make orange juice. Let the rest of the world figure out how you did it.”
MordecaiCourage

Email

« Reply #32 on: Jun 24th, 2007, 10:35pm »

See ya'll in a week...goin' to camp with the boys.
steelkings

Email

« Reply #33 on: Jul 27th, 2007, 10:48pm »

I'll be in Redbank Pa for the next couple of days. I'll try and log on, but Im not sure they know what wireless is in that area. See ya on the other side.
Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #34 on: Oct 21st, 2007, 12:15pm »

Well, I thought I'd put this thread to "opposite" use...

on Oct 21st, 2007, 9:00am, steelkings wrote:
To those who rarely sleep. You know, the dude that has nothing to do but service the GBRFL2.

It's OFFICIAL...  Sleep for the old Stegger has become optional...  I'm (somehow) awake and will be "at my desk" here for the next 45 or so pregame minutes...
Callie
Gridiron Great
# 219

Go, Gridironettes!

calliewall  
View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #35 on: Oct 21st, 2007, 9:14pm »

I'll be off and on for the next month or so due to work/travel issues.

Not ignorin'.

Philly
UFF Primetime Prophet
# 29

Pay, I said pay attention, son.

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #36 on: Oct 28th, 2007, 10:08pm »

I'm not even sure I remember where my desk is any more. And I'm getting tired of all the hotel internet connections which seem to come to a standstill during peak hours (which seems to be the only time I'm able to get on the computer anyway).
MordecaiCourage

Email

« Reply #37 on: Nov 9th, 2007, 10:00pm »

I will be out of town this weekend at a baseball tournament...GBRFL2ers...check your inbox
Callie
Gridiron Great
# 219

Go, Gridironettes!

calliewall  
View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #38 on: Nov 9th, 2007, 10:38pm »

on Nov 9th, 2007, 10:00pm, MordecaiCourage wrote:
I will be out of town this weekend at a baseball tournament...GBRFL2ers...check your inbox

Good luck in it!

MordecaiCourage

Email

« Reply #39 on: Nov 9th, 2007, 10:54pm »

Thanks Callie!! Here are the boys that are traveling the Texas highways this weekend to take on the States best players...my Lonestar Legends  

MordecaiCourage

Email

« Reply #40 on: Jul 20th, 2008, 11:31pm »

Just put up pick #12 over on the 2nd mock draft. Sorry I will not be around until Friday...maybe there will be a few more picks for me to grab then...see ya'll Friday.  
Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #41 on: Jul 20th, 2008, 11:47pm »

See you when you get back, Ken, and thanks for giving us all a heads-up regarding your absence in light of the "Huddle" we gots goin' on up "between the 20's".

Incidentally, guys and gals, I've never been a big fan of this thread... even though I suppose technically it fits within the scope of the board description for "the Sidelines".  But, given that along with the fact that its creator is no longer a member on "the Gridiron", I'm going to lock this sucker up.  I REALLY feel that "the Bleachers" is a totally apropos place for "I'll be away from my desk"-type posts.  Please, let's do this dance there from here on out.  Thanks in advance for all of you all's anticipated compliance!
Pages: 1 2  Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

Previous topic|Next topic

Fantasyfootballer.com's Gridiron » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.1!
YaBB 2000-2002,
Xnull. All Rights Reserved.

Most smilies provided by "MySmilies.com", "Jason's Smiley Collection" or "Clicksmilies.com".
"the Gridiron" Copyright 2002-2016 - Product of FantasyFootballer.com. All rights reserved.