In remembrance of 9/11/01

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Nov 21st, 2017, 8:53am EST

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members GamesGames Login Login Register Register
Fantasyfootballer.com's Gridiron Citing news off "The REAL Feed" neatly

"Welcome to 'the Gridiron'... Fantasy football at its best!"

Fantasy Football News Feed Co-commissioner Services Add "the Gridiron" to your site
Lend a hand... Make a donation to "the Gridiron"!!!
   Fantasyfootballer.com's Gridiron
   the Gridiron
   the Sidelines
(Moderators: Replay Official, Side Judge, Line Judge, Umpire, Head Linesman, Back Judge, Field Judge, Referee)
   Citing news off "The REAL Feed" neatly
Previous topic|Next topic
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Citing news off "The REAL Feed" neatly  (Read 593 times)
Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer
Champ - '94, '99, '02, '04

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

Citing news off "The REAL Feed" neatly
« on: Jul 24th, 2006, 8:09am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Yesterday I received a very thoughtful private message. In it, MC asked me about how it was that I went about neatly citing news items from off "The REAL Feed", i.e. what the code was behind such posts. That got me to thinkin'. This offseason, while "the Gridiron" continues to grow by leaps and bounds and, furthermore, while early on others were taking the bull by the horns, in the end it was, way more often than not, me who was making the "standard" updates up in "the Red Zone". I don't want that happening. I am thinking that people shied away because of an inability to cite news from off "The REAL Feed" the way I do. I don't want that happening, either. While I would love it if everybody followed my lead and cited "The REAL Feed" the way I do, yous needn't. That having been said, I am going to share the code behind my posts citing news items from "The REAL Feed" with everyone rather than just MC... So, without further ado...

Here's the code from a post I made this offseason up in "the Red Zone" on the "General Offseason News" thread in which I used a news item that appeared on "The REAL Feed":

Code:
Burning questions entering '06... From off "[url=http://www.fantasyfootballer.com/newsstand.htm]The REAL Feed[/url]":

[url=http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/5709190?CMP=OTC-K9B140813162&ATT=5][i][b]Will T.O. behave? The toughest of 10 questions[/b][/i][/url]
[i][b]FOXSports.com :: NFL (19.06.2006 18:31)[/b]
Will Terrell Owens behave himself long enough to turn the Cowboys into Super Bowl contenders? That's the big question our NFL Czar tackles as the league heads into its summer vacation. But it's not the only one.[/i]

Here's how that looks:

Burning questions entering '06... From off "The REAL Feed":

Will T.O. behave? The toughest of 10 questions
FOXSports.com :: NFL (19.06.2006 18:31)
Will Terrell Owens behave himself long enough to turn the Cowboys into Super Bowl contenders? That's the big question our NFL Czar tackles as the league heads into its summer vacation. But it's not the only one.

If you have any questions, jet 'em at me right here on this thread. But, please put your thinking cap on when you study this. Thank you, and good luck!
« Last Edit: Sep 7th, 2014, 1:21pm by Stegfucius » Logged
Philly
UFF Primetime Prophet
# 29

Pay, I said pay attention, son.

View Profile WWW Email

Re: Citing news off "The REAL Feed" neatly (like S
« Reply #1 on: Jul 24th, 2006, 9:24am »

An easy way to replicate those types of things is to find one you like, hit the "quote" button, and then just copy everything inside the "quote" tags.  Replace any URLs that you need to and voila, you have your own pretty post.
MordecaiCourage

Email

« Reply #2 on: Jul 24th, 2006, 3:23pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Cool...thanks...Steg and Philly  
Callie
Gridiron Great
# 219

Go, Gridironettes!

calliewall  
View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #3 on: Jul 31st, 2006, 5:46pm »

on Jul 24th, 2006, 9:24am, Philly wrote:
An easy way to replicate those types of things is to find one you like, hit the "quote" button, and then just copy everything inside the "quote" tags. Replace any URLs that you need to and voila, you have your own pretty post.

That's exactly the way I've been doing it, Philly - Steal & overwrite.  

(In fact, I found one I liked & then copied it and pasted it into a Word document.  That way I can do my overwrite, etc., and then copy and paste the whole thing into the post drafting area.  I am a much more complex thief than you are.)

“If life gives you lemons make orange juice. Let the rest of the world figure out how you did it.”
Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer
Champ - '94, '99, '02, '04

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #4 on: Aug 29th, 2014, 1:53am »

Well, I am going recycle this ancient thread here (as it contains some good info, actually)...  Anyway, "The REAL Feed" has been down for almost a MONTH.  A couple of different reasons for that. BUT, in any case, it is back up and running!  Enjoy...
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

Previous topic|Next topic

Fantasyfootballer.com's Gridiron » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.1!
YaBB 2000-2002,
Xnull. All Rights Reserved.

Most smilies provided by "MySmilies.com", "Jason's Smiley Collection" or "Clicksmilies.com".
"the Gridiron" Copyright 2002-2016 - Product of FantasyFootballer.com. All rights reserved.