In remembrance of 9/11/01

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Nov 20th, 2017, 9:22pm EST

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members GamesGames Login Login Register Register
Fantasyfootballer.com's Gridiron Transitioning

"Welcome to 'the Gridiron'... Fantasy football at its best!"

Fantasy Football News Feed Co-commissioner Services Add "the Gridiron" to your site
Lend a hand... Make a donation to "the Gridiron"!!!
   Fantasyfootballer.com's Gridiron
   the Gridiron
   the Sidelines
(Moderators: Replay Official, Side Judge, Line Judge, Umpire, Head Linesman, Back Judge, Field Judge, Referee)
   Transitioning
Previous topic|Next topic
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Transitioning  (Read 1009 times)
Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer
Champ - '94, '99, '02, '04

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

Transitioning
« on: Aug 6th, 2006, 4:03am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Okay,... kidz,... I want to hear yous out on this one... I made the decision this offseason, based on our "Post-season Contest" and GBRFLeagues' conducting play through the Pro Bowl, to transition from our "In-season Reports" up in "the Red Zone" to our "Offseason Reports" at the conclusion of the Pro Bowl, and I want to in the same way "formalize" the (more important) transition the other way. What do you all think should be the demarcation line marking our transition back from "Offseason Reports" to "In-season Reports" up in "the Red Zone"??? Kickoff Week One, the conclusion of the final preseason game (I think this is what we've informally been using as the line of demarcation between off- and in-season), or (tomorrow's) Hall of Fame game???
« Last Edit: Jan 2nd, 2007, 5:12pm by Stegfucius » Logged
steelkings

Email

Re: Input Wanted: Transitioning from off- to in-se
« Reply #1 on: Aug 6th, 2006, 8:10am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

I think it should be after the final preseason game. Rosters are set, the stupid preseason injuries are out of the way and the focus is on the 53 men ready to go!  

It's also that point in the season where most every fantasy draft is in the books ready to go. We can talk about who to start and who to pick up on the FA wire.

I'm getting excited!
« Last Edit: Aug 6th, 2006, 8:11am by steelkings » Logged
MordecaiCourage

Email

« Reply #2 on: Aug 7th, 2006, 4:21pm »

I've got to agree with sk.  
Takamine305
Head Coach
Fmr. CBFLer
Champ - '09
# 539

I love ''the Gridiron''!

takamine0889   LWOOD88
View Profile

« Reply #3 on: Aug 7th, 2006, 5:06pm »

I also like the idea of after the last preseason game.

I think there is only a six day difference between the last preason game and the 1st regular season game.

When a defining moment comes...you can either define the moment or let the moment define you!!
Philly
UFF Primetime Prophet
# 29

Pay, I said pay attention, son.

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #4 on: Aug 8th, 2006, 11:22am »

(All of them...)
MordecaiCourage

Email

« Reply #5 on: Aug 8th, 2006, 1:32pm »

on Aug 8th, 2006, 11:22am, Philly wrote:

(All of them...)
 Hey...I resemble that remark!!!
Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #6 on: Aug 8th, 2006, 9:09pm »

Thank you to those who chimed in... It is now set...  The conclusion of the final preseason game will act as our line of demarcation between the offseason and in-season and the conclusion of the Pro Bowl will act as our line of demarcation between in-season and offseason.  Very good!
MordecaiCourage

Email

« Reply #7 on: Aug 8th, 2006, 11:01pm »

Makes sense!!!!!
DirkDiggler
Gridiron Great
GBRFLer
Champ - '14
# 5

View Profile

« Reply #8 on: Aug 9th, 2006, 8:40pm »

on Aug 8th, 2006, 9:09pm, StegRock wrote:
Thank you to those who chimed in... It is now set... The conclusion of the final preseason game will act as our line of demarcation between the offseason and in-season and the conclusion of the Pro Bowl will act as our line of demarcation between in-season and offseason. Very good!

Perfect.

"Every rule has an exception....the exception can't become the rule"
Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

Re: Transitioning from off- to in-season
« Reply #9 on: Sep 3rd, 2006, 8:36am »

Everybody, first off, I want to APPLAUD and THANK you all for extending the offseason report threads through final cuts.  Well done!!!  Those of you who did so exhibited an obvious intuition into what I had in mind regarding transitioning from off- to in-season as well as, simply put, when we ought to transition.  "Cuts" are still "offseason" business, pretty much the last piece of offseason business.  I thought it was fantastic that you guys (and gals) continued to post news regarding team cuts on the offseason report threads despite what had been concluded here.  That's "getting it"... Thank you!  Thank you!  Thank you!

Now, we are into the regular season (preparation).  It's time to start getting those team-by-team "In-season" reports rolling!!!  Feel free to start them at will with whatever appropriate team news item.  On that , signings at this point should be considered "In-season" news, NOT offseason.

I look forward to yet another well-organized season on "the Gridiron" and a healthy set of team-by-team "In-season" report threads up in "the Red Zone".  Also, be on the lookout for our signature "Red Zone PRIMED Players for the Week" and "Red Zone Mirages of the Week" threads up in "the Red Zone" and our "between the 20's Fantasy MVP's of the Week" and "between the 20's Weekly Bitchin'" threads on the "between the 20's" board.
Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

Re: Transitioning
« Reply #10 on: Jan 2nd, 2007, 5:13pm »

Just a reminder regarding our "In-season" team reports up in "the Red Zone",... they are to continue to be used THROUGH the Pro Bowl.  At the conclusion of the Pro Bowl, we are then to convert and begin starting up "Offseason" team report threads!  Thank you all for your anticipated understanding of our organizational efforts here on "the Gridiron" and compliance.
Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #11 on: Feb 16th, 2007, 3:43am »

By the way, folks, up in "the Red Zone" it's time for us to stop using the "In-season" team report threads and revert to "Offseason" team report threads!!!  Feel free to start them yourselves if the team you want to make a post about doesn't yet have one.  Thank you, all, for all of your anticipated compliance.
Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #12 on: Sep 4th, 2007, 3:45am »

REMINDER,... including to myself...

Thank you to those who chimed in... It is now set... The conclusion of the final preseason game will act as our line of demarcation between the offseason and in-season and the conclusion of the Pro Bowl will act as our line of demarcation between in-season and offseason. Very good!
Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #13 on: Feb 12th, 2008, 1:51am »

Hey, everybody...  The Pro Bowl is over.  Let's start making the transition from "In-season" reports to "Offseason" reports up in "the Red Zone".  Thank you!

- The Management
Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #14 on: Feb 12th, 2008, 5:14pm »

Good work beginning the transition, Call, Phil, Double D.
Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #15 on: Jul 23rd, 2008, 1:12am »

Hey, guys and gals, remember that we are still in the "offseason" in terms of "the Red Zone" team reports...

Thank you all for your anticipated cooperation and due diligence!
Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #16 on: Feb 8th, 2009, 8:03pm »

The Pro Bowl has just concluded which means it is time for us here on "the Gridiron" to transition from "In-season Team Reports" to "Offseason Team Reports" up in "the Red Zone". That means, if you are planning to post any (team-specific) content up in "the Red Zone", please do NOT continue to use the "in-season" threads; start up new offseason ones. Thank you!
« Last Edit: Feb 10th, 2009, 11:32pm by Stegfucius » Logged
Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #17 on: Sep 10th, 2009, 2:45am »

Just a reminder...  It's back to "In-season Reports" up in "the Red Zone" come kickoff of the Steelers-Titans game...  I can't believe it's already THAT time of year!  Woo-hoo!
Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #18 on: Sep 9th, 2010, 12:06pm »

Heya'll!  A little housekeeping here as we head into the commencement of the 2010 NFL season...  Up in "the Red Zone" this is the time when we'd be transitioning from "offseason" to "in-season" with respect to our team reports.  This year, given the "laid-back" status and "quiet times" on "the Gridiron" these days, I don't think we have a need for separate "in-season" and "offseason" team reports for 2010.  So, there will be no transition this year.  I've just gone ahead and renamed the "offseason" team reports for this year "2010" team reports.  So, we can just continue appending team-specific messages to those threads.  Thank you for your anticipated cooperation!  And, here we go... ...
Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #19 on: Feb 6th, 2011, 10:55pm »

Well, "all", with the conclusion of the Super Bowl comes the conclusion of the 2010-2011 NFL season. Given the continuing slow times on "the Gridiron" and the uncertainty regarding the 2011-2012 season, I have decided not to start new 2011 team report threads up in "the Red Zone" and just convert the existing 2010 threads to general team report threads, at least, until further notice. Proceed posting accordingly... Thank you! ...
« Last Edit: Feb 6th, 2011, 10:55pm by Stegfucius » Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

Previous topic|Next topic

Fantasyfootballer.com's Gridiron » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.1!
YaBB 2000-2002,
Xnull. All Rights Reserved.

Most smilies provided by "MySmilies.com", "Jason's Smiley Collection" or "Clicksmilies.com".
"the Gridiron" Copyright 2002-2016 - Product of FantasyFootballer.com. All rights reserved.