In remembrance of 9/11/01

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Nov 18th, 2017, 11:41pm EST

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members GamesGames Login Login Register Register
Fantasyfootballer.com's Gridiron G.T.K.Y.G. - Topic: Photo Album

"Welcome to 'the Gridiron'... Fantasy football at its best!"

Fantasy Football News Feed Co-commissioner Services Add "the Gridiron" to your site
Lend a hand... Make a donation to "the Gridiron"!!!
   Fantasyfootballer.com's Gridiron
   the Gridiron
   the Sidelines
(Moderators: Replay Official, Side Judge, Line Judge, Umpire, Head Linesman, Back Judge, Field Judge, Referee)
   G.T.K.Y.G. - Topic: Photo Album
Previous topic|Next topic
Pages: 1 2 3 4  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: G.T.K.Y.G. - Topic: Photo Album  (Read 5508 times)
cwhams
GM
Fmr. CBFLer
Champ - '07
# 489

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile Email

Re: G.T.K.Y.G. - Topic: Photo Album
« Reply #25 on: Aug 13th, 2007, 10:42pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Great fire pictures MordecaiCourage, my father was a Forrest Fire Warden and I spent a large part of my youth fighting forrest fires in Southern Illinois and doing the Smokey Bear thing.  Wound up being a fire photographer for my father, many of the pictures wound up in a slide show that made the county fair circuit in Illinois for a few years.

Not much liquids...did see oil burning across water near an oil well...more of the trees, brush, corn and bean field type of thing.
MordecaiCourage

Email

« Reply #26 on: Aug 13th, 2007, 11:21pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

on Aug 13th, 2007, 10:42pm, cwhams wrote:
Great fire pictures MordecaiCourage, my father was a Forrest Fire Warden and I spent a large part of my youth fighting forrest fires in Southern Illinois and doing the Smokey Bear thing. Wound up being a fire photographer for my father, many of the pictures wound up in a slide show that made the county fair circuit in Illinois for a few years.

Not much liquids...did see oil burning across water near an oil well...more of the trees, brush, corn and bean field type of thing.

Thanks Chuck. Forest fires are much more difficult to fight than hydrocarbon fuel fires. You know what you have with a fuel fire, with wildland fires...anything can happen. Heck, they create their own wind!!

Anyway...here's another work picture for you all.  

The answer is YES it does get hot in that get-up! (Especially during a Texas summer)

Edit:  wow   that's a big picture
« Last Edit: Aug 13th, 2007, 11:26pm by MordecaiCourage » Logged
Callie
Gridiron Great
# 219

Go, Gridironettes!

calliewall  
View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #27 on: Aug 13th, 2007, 11:26pm »

You've got arms growing out of your butt???  

“If life gives you lemons make orange juice. Let the rest of the world figure out how you did it.”
MordecaiCourage

Email

« Reply #28 on: Aug 13th, 2007, 11:35pm »

on Aug 13th, 2007, 11:26pm, Callie wrote:
You've got arms growing out of your butt???

That's probably the Minnesota boy Larsen behind me on his way to passing out in the Texas heat. Though I imagine his story would be that he's passing out because he had to carry me!  
« Last Edit: Aug 13th, 2007, 11:37pm by MordecaiCourage » Logged
Philly
UFF Primetime Prophet
# 29

Pay, I said pay attention, son.

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #29 on: Aug 14th, 2007, 10:24am »

I don't know... his head appears to be awfully close to your... nevermind, let's not go there.  
MordecaiCourage

Email

« Reply #30 on: Aug 18th, 2007, 10:45pm »

on Aug 5th, 2007, 6:03pm, MordecaiCourage wrote:
Memory Lane

8/22/05 - Galveston, Texas ... Hurricane Rita is 26 hours out!

Stay tuned..with Hurricane Dean heading this way, I'm likely gonna have some more pics of ole MC shredding soon!!
Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer
Champ - '94, '99, '02, '04

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #31 on: Aug 19th, 2007, 8:25am »

Feel like these oldies, but goodies (ESPECIALLY the second shot with... ) deserve to be placed over here...

on May 22nd, 2005, 6:39pm, StegRock wrote:
Okay, amidst all the projects keeping me busy before Gino's arrival in about 49 hours, such as cleaning the apartment, I am affording myself a little diversion here... and in doing so finally getting around to something loooooooooong overdue.

From January '04 during the first leg of that BIG expedition I made last year to Miami, Texas, Hawaii and Korea visiting grad schools and my wife... Steg and Jim Breuer...

For those who want to refresh their memories, you can find the story behind the picture here (third post down):
http://www.fantasyfootballer.com/cgi-bin/theGridiron/YaBB.cgi?board=58;a ction=display;num=1068119752;start=328.

And the much more pertinent one, from last year's Hall of Fame Induction, mom and I with our guy ...

GO BRONCOS!!!

The refresher for that story is here if you are interested:
http://www.fantasyfootballer.com/cgi-bin/theGridiron/YaBB.cgi?board=56;a ction=display;num=1091733810.

By the way, get a load of the t-shirt I am wearing in both of the pictures: "the originial 'the Gridiron'/FFPro.com t"! I actually gave one to John! It was wild seeing him departing the Monday night pre-game party (where the picture above was taken) carrying it! I have a picture of that. I'll try to remember to scan it in next time.
« Last Edit: Apr 12th, 2014, 2:25am by Stegfucius » Logged
steelkings

Email

« Reply #32 on: Aug 19th, 2007, 5:05pm »

I love this thread. You guys know whats gonna happen to most of these pictures dont you? Coming soon.
MordecaiCourage

Email

« Reply #33 on: Aug 19th, 2007, 6:21pm »

on Aug 19th, 2007, 5:05pm, steelkings wrote:
I love this thread. You guys know whats gonna happen to most of these pictures dont you? Coming soon.
 I have a feeling old MC may be surfing pregnant or something!!  
Callie
Gridiron Great
# 219

Go, Gridironettes!

calliewall  
View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #34 on: Aug 19th, 2007, 7:45pm »

on Aug 19th, 2007, 6:21pm, MordecaiCourage wrote:

I have a feeling old MC may be surfing pregnant or something!!

Well.  Just so long as we're not growing out of your butt.

“If life gives you lemons make orange juice. Let the rest of the world figure out how you did it.”
MordecaiCourage

Email

« Reply #35 on: Aug 19th, 2007, 7:56pm »

on Aug 19th, 2007, 7:45pm, Callie wrote:

Well. Just so long as we're not growing out of your butt.
 That's reserved for Larsen!!!
Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #36 on: Aug 19th, 2007, 10:00pm »

That's yucky...
MordecaiCourage

Email

« Reply #37 on: Sep 19th, 2007, 11:59pm »

I just gotta tell you all...I'm beaming right now. This is my first year having a son play for his school in any sport. Up until now, it's always been Little League or Church league or something like that. This is great stuff...watched my boy (#10) run two QB keepers around the right end untouched for TD's in their first scrimmage game of the season. Can't wait till next weeks regular season opener!! Check out his old school lineman's face mask..lol. Anyone else get to experience this joy?
Philly
UFF Primetime Prophet
# 29

Pay, I said pay attention, son.

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #38 on: Sep 20th, 2007, 8:06am »

I thought maybe that was an old photo of Peyton Manning! You must be quite proud Ken.

My 4-year old had his first experience of organized athletics last Saturday as he had his first soccer practice. It's a 3-4 year-old league where they mostly learn some skills and socialize and play--very low pressure. My son got there and wondered why all the kids were so little (he's extraordinarily tall for a 4-year old). Then once practice started, he proceeded to cry and pout during every drill and exercise. I ended up learning more about soccer than he did as I was dribbling the ball up and down the field while holding his hand. A couple times at the end he forgot to be shy and upset and got into the game and his athletic skills were so much more pronounced than all the other kids there. Now if we could just get his head to work the way we want it to.
steelkings

Email

« Reply #39 on: Sep 20th, 2007, 9:29am »

Very Cool. I have two sons who went through youth football. At one time they both played on the thirty-four league. Thats a fancy way of saying the 3rd and fourth grade team. Now Andy was a 4th grader. Due to a funky thiroid, he has some size to him. He played on the o-line. Right up front. He would blow mammoth holes to run through. James was a young third grader at the time. Small kid too. Razor thin. Being a young third grader meant he was almost a full year behind everyone else. You know what I mean. That horrible sporting birthday date. Anyway, It was the first day of practice. Keep in mind that the coach had been there for several years. The 4th graders had the reutine down pat. The first play they are walking through is a running play ,Left, off tackle. James is the wide receiver on the right side. His job on the play was to get in the way of the trailing linebacker. After they walk through the play about three times they run it at full speed. Everytime they walked through it, the back went through the whole created by Andy while James walked in front of the line backer. Remember, this is the first practice and the kids really want to hit someone. Most noteably the 4th graders. So they run this play at full speed and everything starts perfectly. Andy opens the hole. The back goes through it. James looks for the linebacker and .....Thats where the trouble began. The defensive end. The 6 foot tall 4th grade End was looking to hit someone. He targeted the smallest guy on the field. James. Way away from the ball and way out of position, The D-end left his feet. James didnt see him and blammo! After about 5 minutes James got up. The coach made the D-end run full pad and helmet laps around the field for about an hour. That was James first and last play in organized football. He wanted nothing else to do with it. Cant say that I blame him.
MordecaiCourage

Email

« Reply #40 on: Sep 20th, 2007, 12:36pm »

on Sep 20th, 2007, 9:29am, steelkings wrote:
That was James first and last play in organized football. He wanted nothing else to do with it. Cant say that I blame him.

My 23 year old had a similar experience years ago....ended his sporting career about 10 years or so too early as well...
MordecaiCourage

Email

« Reply #41 on: Sep 26th, 2007, 12:58am »

My 12 year old (on the right) is 5' 6" tall. Pretty tall for a 7th grader I think. He is a left handed QB........I'll give you one guess who guards his blind side? Hint: He is a 6' 1" 215 lb. 7th grader who blows holes in the right side of the line the size of Manhatten! Can you blame the coach if 98% of all plays they run go right!!! Kid looks like a man out there amongst the boys. I heard they fly him in for the games.
« Last Edit: Sep 26th, 2007, 1:00am by MordecaiCourage » Logged
MordecaiCourage

Email

« Reply #42 on: Sep 26th, 2007, 1:07am »

Good shot of my son pitching out...but what I want you to focus on is the behemoth I was talking about earlier. Look to the far left at the coach on the sideline....the manchild is behind him...lol
Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #43 on: Sep 29th, 2007, 11:25pm »

Birdie pics as promised...

Aaaarrrrgh! Pirate Steg at the helm... hittin' the high seas... with his little bird.

Little dude does nothing but eat, poop and chirp ,... oh,... yea,... and steal your heart by being cute as hell... and a little trooper. I guess Gino and I are getting a good in-service on what it'll be like when we finally decide to have a little... ... ...
« Last Edit: Sep 29th, 2007, 11:34pm by Stegfucius » Logged
MordecaiCourage

Email

« Reply #44 on: Sep 30th, 2007, 1:02am »

mmmmmmmmmm...I'm suddenly hungry for chicken wings!   Don't be or Steve, of course I'd never eat you're little one. Does it have a cousin?

This is my prediction of Stegger when his little guy/gal decides to fly away..... Don't worry Steg...just know you've raised him/her right, you've taught him/her everything he/she needs to know in life, trust that the little one will make all the right decisions. Most importantly, make sure he/she knows that he/she can always come to you if times are tough.
« Last Edit: Sep 30th, 2007, 1:12am by MordecaiCourage » Logged
steelkings

Email

« Reply #45 on: Sep 30th, 2007, 5:57am »

Make sure you use gloves when cleaning up and wash your hands well after handling the bird. There is a lot of bad stuff in wild bird feces.

Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #46 on: Sep 30th, 2007, 6:43am »

At this point, his system is pretty much cleaned out of whatever the hell else was in there.  Unless birds' digestive systems produce toxins naturally, it's pretty much just Gerber's and bread comin' out at this point.  But, thanks for the heads up, sk!
MordecaiCourage

Email

« Reply #47 on: Oct 10th, 2007, 10:14am »

Hey Steg....how's the birdie doing? Did she fly the coup yet?
MordecaiCourage

Email

« Reply #48 on: Oct 10th, 2007, 10:31am »

My son's 72 yard kick-off return for 6!!

Garrett...under center.

This one was picked off I think.
« Last Edit: Oct 10th, 2007, 10:38am by MordecaiCourage » Logged
MordecaiCourage

Email

« Reply #49 on: Nov 5th, 2007, 12:58pm »

The Beauty of living in South East Texas....Baseball...year round!

Drew...my future major leaguer in 11U USSSA fall season action!!
« Last Edit: Nov 5th, 2007, 1:00pm by MordecaiCourage » Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

Previous topic|Next topic

Fantasyfootballer.com's Gridiron » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.1!
YaBB 2000-2002,
Xnull. All Rights Reserved.

Most smilies provided by "MySmilies.com", "Jason's Smiley Collection" or "Clicksmilies.com".
"the Gridiron" Copyright 2002-2016 - Product of FantasyFootballer.com. All rights reserved.