In remembrance of 9/11/01

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Nov 20th, 2017, 9:22pm EST

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members GamesGames Login Login Register Register
Fantasyfootballer.com's Gridiron G.T.K.Y.G. - Topic: Photo Album

"Welcome to 'the Gridiron'... Fantasy football at its best!"

Fantasy Football News Feed Co-commissioner Services Add "the Gridiron" to your site
Lend a hand... Make a donation to "the Gridiron"!!!
   Fantasyfootballer.com's Gridiron
   the Gridiron
   the Sidelines
(Moderators: Replay Official, Side Judge, Line Judge, Umpire, Head Linesman, Back Judge, Field Judge, Referee)
   G.T.K.Y.G. - Topic: Photo Album
Previous topic|Next topic
Pages: 1 2 3 4  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: G.T.K.Y.G. - Topic: Photo Album  (Read 5512 times)
Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer
Champ - '94, '99, '02, '04

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

Re: G.T.K.Y.G. - Topic: Photo Album
« Reply #75 on: Jul 11th, 2009, 7:43pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Well,... the Tour de Steg pulled into Denver yesterday afternoon and, thus far, we have touched base with a couple of GBRFLers and old ATO brethren from DU on the way...

Danny (IbdFunk) in Salt Lake City...

Markie (Drew Rosenhaus) here in Denver, whose wonderful family we're staying with...

We heard from the movers that our stuff is scheduled to arrive in Carbondale next Saturday, July 18th.  So, we can take the metal off the pedal, and, since I have some roots of sorts here and the Hahn's are graciously hosting us, we'll actually hang here in Denver through a good portion of Monday.  At any rate, it'll be on through the rest of Colorado, Kansas and Missouri on Rt. 70, and we'll still probably be pulling into SIU on the 15th or 16th.

Finally, Monica wants to wave, "Hi," to everyone during her cross-country trip...

Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #76 on: Jul 24th, 2009, 12:02am »

The "Tour de Steg" missed The Rick in old St. Louie, but southern Illinois is sportin' Hamiltons like it's no tomorrow and I bumped me into one,... C-Dub that is, a.k.a. Chuck Hamilton...

What a great meeting it was! First off, Dubs has been VERY helpful with our move to Carbondale, and secondly this was momentous insofar as Chuck is but the third cyber bud of mine from "the Gridiron" (Philly and mcohen are the other two) I have had the pleasure of meeting up with. It makes everything feel so much more,... well,... human and real. Speaking for myself at least, since I am the one who puts himself out the most here... just by putting out the most, I feel that it humanizes the situation and makes me less of a caricature. But, anyway,... it was awesome meeting you, Hams. I'm looking forward to a little bit of that occasional NFL Sunday Ticket action here this season. ...
« Last Edit: Aug 27th, 2011, 12:53pm by Stegfucius » Logged
Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #77 on: Aug 15th, 2009, 9:31pm »

A little after the fact, but a few worth sharing, I thought... This is Colorado stuff and mainly from our stay with brother Markie and his family...

Now...

Then...

« Last Edit: Sep 6th, 2009, 2:11pm by Stegfucius » Logged
Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #78 on: Sep 5th, 2009, 3:55pm »

We're, alas, finally wired at the Stegeman household in Carbondale, Illinois... and there is some finalizing to do as regards the Tour de Steg... The story at the moment... I knew roughly where PrimeTime (Gene Nestro) was located out in east-central Pennsylvania. We had been in touch about trying to hook up during the Tour. But, because of a lack of being in contact as the day of our departure from Jersey approached, I just chalked it up to both of us being too busy this time around. So, it was in that way that we departed mom's in Jersey on August 20th. Then, destiny played its part... It was around exit 286 (or something along those lines) that Baby Monica Marie pooped. So, we pull off. Well, as it turned out, this exit wasn't the most traveler/passer-through-friendly, and I actually bitched and moaned at Gino about pulling off at that point because we had gotten a late start (both in terms of the time of the day as well as the date); we were making great time, and I thought we could make it to the next rest stop 15 or so miles away, poopy diaty notwithstanding. We ended up at some gas station/convenience store a good two or so miles off the Pennsylvania Turnpike, i.e. off the beaten track. This ended up being a somewhat long stop. Besides tending to that nasty diaty, we ended up feeding the little one, getting gas, eating our "pail lunches" and so forth. Amidst it all, I thought, what the hell, why don't I give Gene a call,... and, lo and behold, we had gotten off at the very exit of the turnpike for Gene... and the timing was good for him... It took him all of 15 or so minutes to get down to us from his home, and, though the Steggies were really not in a position to dillydally too long, especially as we were being confronted with a little stormage and yet had to make it at least another 200 or so more miles lest I might miss the first day of school, we did get to shake hands and have a splendid 20 or so minutes together finally meeting after all of these years of communication through "the Gridiron" and got this...

I am so glad things worked out the way they did. It was GREAT meeting you, Primer! I look forward to future better opportunities that will permit us the chance to really hang out a bit. After all, we will be coming through that way on occasion now.

As for the Tour de Steg, though the big trip has come and gone, it is getting a little extended leg today as the Stegemans head on over to the Hamiltons' (C-Dub's) for a Labor Day weekend get-together at which I'll get to meet Nateman (Takamine) and The Rick, the original of the clan to join on on "the Gridiron"!!!
« Last Edit: Sep 26th, 2009, 11:16pm by Stegfucius » Logged
Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #79 on: Sep 15th, 2009, 6:59pm »

Though not on a personal note, this seems apropos to link to here...  Enjoy the fun... brought to you courtesy of "The REAL Feed":

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/multimedia/photo_gallery/0909/nfl.fans. week1/content.1.html?eref=si_nfl.
Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #80 on: Sep 25th, 2009, 5:08pm »

Well,... lookin' to finally say, "Good-bye," to the Tour de Steg,... from Cali to southern Illinois to the Jersey shore and back to Illinois... A number of notable events, connected to one degree or another with comings and goings on "the Gridiron": the GBRFL Annual Summer Meeting & Draft, the Annual Hamilton/Gould Labor Day Weekend Gathering & Fantasy League Draft, Monica's Christening and first day at the beach... Here we go...

First, the Gridironers I'm meeting for the first time...

Nateman a.k.a. Takamine305, Chuck Hamilton a.k.a. cwhams's son, with whom I had a nice undefeated streak of washers goin'... until...
>

The Rick a.k.a. rickgpin a.k.a. Rick Gould, the first of the Gould-Hamilton clan to stumble upon and come on board on "the Gridiron"... Incidentally, guy throws a hell of a washer,... on the spot no less...

The 2009 Annual Hamilton-Gould Labor Day Get-together was hosted at C-Dub's place in Carterville, about 15 minutes east of our place here in Carbondale. What a wonderful, warm home!

Now, on to the GBRFL gang, who were in attendance at, as has been the usual in late years, Frank's sweet pad in Toms River...

From left to right: Art Vandalay a.k.a. Frank Gonzalez, DOLFAN a.k.a. Joe Parsons, DB a.k.a. Dave Bohrer, Pakman a.k.a. Rob Pak, DirkDiggler a.k.a. Steve Warner, Flesh is Fantasy a.k.a. Dave Trout [missing are Drew Rosenhaus a.k.a. Mark Hahn, IbdFunk a.k.a. Danny Feder (both pictured in posts above) and T-Rave a.k.a. Travis Cooper (and I am behind the camera)].

Next, the CHAMP,... DB getting presented with his championship plaque...

Finally, yours truly, holding the 2nd-place plaque for Markie in absentia, and Gonzo, our 2008 3rd placer...

Last, but surely not least... in my world,... Monica stuff...

The christening...

That's my mom off to the right (my left). Monica's out like a light. Father Bill, cool dude, is also the priest by whom Gino and I were wed. Off to the left are Monica Marie's Godfather, Ed Williams (a.k.a. The Colombian Blacksnake on "the Grid", but not a fantasy guy) best bud from high school, and Godmother, Jamie Durrua (pronounced "Durray"), my mother's niece, my cousin, and ultimately unbelievably great relative to my mother and me. Both Godparents came all the way up from Florida to participate in this wonderful event. It really ended up being a little bit of a blowout for family and close friends, who don't get to see Gino and me all too often, coming in from all directions and great distances. Funny how a new little babbaroombabba in the clan can do that...

Finally, Monica's first day at the beach...

Her first time putting her footsies in the water...

Her first "BIG" wave... ...

« Last Edit: Aug 20th, 2010, 7:30pm by Stegfucius » Logged
Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #81 on: Oct 10th, 2009, 2:41pm »

This pretty much seems like the most apropos place to share this with yous...

http://philosophy.siuc.edu/Graduate/current.html.
« Last Edit: Aug 20th, 2010, 7:35pm by Stegfucius » Logged
Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #82 on: Dec 11th, 2009, 10:21pm »

As this is a photo-based piece, I'll post it here...  From "The REAL Feed":

2000's 10 best games
SI.com: NFL (11.12.2009 11:57)
The Music City Miracle. The Helmet Catch. The Tuck Rule. Jim Trotter counts down the 10 best regular-season and postseason games that helped to define the NFL in the past decade.
Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #83 on: Jan 3rd, 2010, 12:06am »

Well, all, I'm finally getting around to posting these...  I was treated to a wonderful holiday outing with one of our really good-guy old-time Gridironers, who has been very good to me and "the site" and now, with the Steggies having reason to go between Jersey and southern Illinois on occasion, is really taking advantage of the opportunity to strengthen our connection.  He's got great season tix and a v.i.p. pass to Eagles' games, and with the Donkos coming to town he thought of me.  It's a very "thoughtful thought" that meant A LOT to and won't go forgotten by me...  Thanks, a bunch, Geno... I had a BLAST! Without further ado,... here are the goods...

Primer's boys...

Wonderfully well-mannered,... a credit to the Nestros!

Swoop swoopin' in...

And, well,... I just can't help myself including just one of my... during the holidays...

Holiday Monica,... what a sweetie-pie!!!
PrimeTime
Fantasy Field General
Fmr. CBFLer
Champ - '06
# 169

How 'bout them Cowboys!!!

View Profile

« Reply #84 on: Jan 4th, 2010, 8:59pm »

Yes, Steg I had a great time also..  Maybe we can do it again next year.  (Sans the Broncos, of course)
Philly
UFF Primetime Prophet
# 29

Pay, I said pay attention, son.

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #85 on: Jan 19th, 2010, 2:36pm »

on Jan 4th, 2010, 8:59pm, PrimeTime wrote:
Yes, Steg I had a great time also.. Maybe we can do it again next year. (Sans the Broncos, of course)

Don't forget about your other football buds in the Philly area.  
Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #86 on: Jul 11th, 2010, 11:54am »

This is one of my original on-line fantasy football friends. My correspondence with him dates back to days well prior to "the Gridiron", when it was just the GBRFL web site (the old blue version for those who remember) and the, then sort of burgeoning, FFLA, Fantasy Football League Alliance, basically a handful of FF leagues that linked to each other's (homemade) web sites. His league, the now defunct NAFFLIU, along with one other league run by a fellow named Rick Stasch (sp.?), with whom I long ago, before "the Gridiron" that is, lost contact and whose league web site has long been gone, and the GBRFL were the original three leagues of the FFLA.

Anyway, even though he left behind his fantasy football life, this guy and I have kept in touch off and on down through the years. In fact, he did his education out at Stanford, finishing up a Ph.D. in Electrical Engineering last year, and, in any event, out near where the Steggies were based during the academic year of 2008-09. What I am finally posting here now could have been posted last year in the spirit of the commencement of the "Tour de Steg", sort of, as we did meet up after these years of on-line correspondence just a little before I left the Bay area. Unfortunately, then, neither of us thought of a camera. But, here is our "love fest post-script" from that day: http://www.fantasyfootballer.com/cgi-bin/theGridiron/YaBB.cgi?board=1;ac tion=display;num=1278866186.

Well, as it turns out, he is still out there at Stanford on grant as a researcher doing some really interesting research work on lightning, and, when I went out there for the Society for Asian and Comparative Philosophy conference last month, we hooked up again and this time with a camera. So, without further ado, let me introduce you to my old friend, of sorts, Morris Cohen...

Given the present-day scaled-back (virtually to the GBRFL) state of affairs here on "the Gridiron", there is a certain "coming around full circle" feel to this. To think, I knew this guy when he was in high school... on the opposite coast, no less. At any rate, I wish my friend here all the best moving forward regardless of when, or if, we are in touch again someday.
« Last Edit: Aug 20th, 2010, 7:49pm by Stegfucius » Logged
Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #87 on: Jul 12th, 2010, 12:01pm »

on Jul 11th, 2010, 11:54am, StegRock wrote:
... along with one other league run by a fellow named Rick Stasch (sp.?), with whom I long ago, before "the Gridiron" that is, lost contact and whose league web site has long been gone,...

Well, it appears that I was wrong about that... just when I was doing my pining routine about things coming full-circle and seeking a little closure of sorts.  What an unexpected pleasant surprise!  And, what a wondeful turn of events of sorts as you will see...

Short story...  I was going about deleting the NAFFLIU logo and links off the GBRFL home page when I went ahead and clicked on the link for the last remaining other league in the old FFLA, the IFLAF.  I saw that Matt still had the old logo and link for Rick's old Franchise Football League (FFL) up, so just for the heck of it I clicked on it to see what was up, expecting it to be a dead link, and what was up... was a site!  And, lo' and behold, it was Rick's FFL, now the FFL89 with a new site and logo.  I swear on a stack of Bibles that, after I noticed the link was dead (a few) years back (I can't exactly remember when), I've tried to locate this site and hunt Rick down, trying every relevant search-engine permutation I could come up with, pretty much every year since; all to no avail.

I don't know what happened and I won't speculate.  Perhaps I can prompt Rick to make an appearance and give us the low-down.  Whatever, though, three of the four original leagues are, so to speak, back in the fold; the links and logos are all up on the GBRFL and CBFL sites, and the old FFLA, which kind of began all of this, still has a heartbeat, I am happy to say.

All of a sudden, I went from seeking a sort of closure (of the 2002-2007/2009-ish era on "the Gridiron) to feeling somewhat rejuvinated about it all moving forward, partyin' with Prince like it was 1999. I mean, things gotta remain scaled-back here on "the Gridiron" until I get my degree done.  BUT, after digging through Rick's FFL89 site, which inspired me to dig around Matt's IFLAF site as well, and seeing the homemade web sites and all of that wonderful long history of fantasy football camaraderie, effort and care, which I so treasure and strive for with the GBRFL and which reminded me of a time about a decade ago and what was so special about this small band of leagues with their hometown feel, as opposed to all this addiction-driven cookie-cutter no-desire-to-put-a-face/person-with-the-name-but-just-win-me-another-mea ningless-championship-against-people-I-don't-know-or-I'll-probably-quit- once-I'm-mathematically-eliminated short-attention-span short-lived flash-in-the-pan BS of today, I feel good again (despite the financial hits here I'm about to take, which, though I can barely afford, I can afford).  This is aside from the GBRFL because that has always been a good thing, but I feel as though I am back at that good place I was with the hobby about a decade ago, a good (re)starting place mind you.  I always felt deep-down that the FFLA was the appropriate foundation for what I envisioned for this site (I even think I shared such a sentiment with Jeff West).  I know I'm probably waning too philosophical when I say this, but I honestly feel a sense of peace and serenity as I look out the window and type this and think about the possibilities once again, but now with greater experience and better understanding. A big thank you to an unwitting Rick Stasch.
Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #88 on: Jan 4th, 2011, 7:48pm »

This comes a little late in the going, but I thought it would put a nice bow on the season in the form of, in the end, a look back at the beginning. You will also get to see the kind of charity work the GBRFL does. For example,...

... we do participate in the Special Olympics. Here is one of our Olympians with cerebral palsy...

We also have an interracial couple...

Last year's 3rd-place finisher... along with the presenter who obviously has a new hair piece...

Our 2nd-place finisher, who is showing off his recent liposuction...

Our 2009 Champ, who was upset that, along with hot dogs and hamburgers, gefilta fish and matzo ball soup weren't on the menu...

And, another of our Special Olympians...

Finally, here is an example of the parting gift I left with from our annual "water baskawrestling" tournament...

« Last Edit: Jan 5th, 2011, 10:46am by Stegfucius » Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

Previous topic|Next topic

Fantasyfootballer.com's Gridiron » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.1!
YaBB 2000-2002,
Xnull. All Rights Reserved.

Most smilies provided by "MySmilies.com", "Jason's Smiley Collection" or "Clicksmilies.com".
"the Gridiron" Copyright 2002-2016 - Product of FantasyFootballer.com. All rights reserved.