In remembrance of 9/11/01

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Nov 24th, 2017, 3:39pm EST

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members GamesGames Login Login Register Register
Fantasyfootballer.com's Gridiron Kickoff Sunday

"Welcome to 'the Gridiron'... Fantasy football at its best!"

Fantasy Football News Feed Co-commissioner Services Add "the Gridiron" to your site
Lend a hand... Make a donation to "the Gridiron"!!!
   Fantasyfootballer.com's Gridiron
   the Gridiron
   the Sidelines
(Moderators: Replay Official, Side Judge, Line Judge, Umpire, Head Linesman, Back Judge, Field Judge, Referee)
   Kickoff Sunday
Previous topic|Next topic
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Kickoff Sunday  (Read 1816 times)
Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer
Champ - '94, '99, '02, '04

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

Kickoff Sunday
« on: Sep 9th, 2007, 8:53am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

I'm still not really a fan of the Thursday night kickoff extravaganza. But, I don't care what anybody says... I am a grown (I think ) 36-year-old man, and kickoff Sunday still makes me feel like a 7-year-old boy in my feetsy pajamas on Christmas morning. I'm sure I'll barely sleep tonight (evidenced by its being almost 3:00 a.m. here right now)... Any of you other Gridiron "he-men" out there the same way???
« Last Edit: Sep 9th, 2007, 1:11pm by Stegfucius » Logged
rickgpin
GM
# 487

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile

Re: Kickoff Sunday
« Reply #1 on: Sep 9th, 2007, 10:48am »

oh yeah!  getting ready to jump in the car and head on down to the rams and panthers game.  i have been walking around the house counting the minutes for the last hour or two.  should be a great day!

;

Ozark Hellbenders:TBD
Oakland4life
GM
# 426

"The Dark Side is Within You"

Red5+R2D2
View Profile Email

« Reply #2 on: Sep 9th, 2007, 12:42pm »

Hell yeah!! I really wanted to sleep in this morning and I just couldn't.  Im totally pumped ready for the opening Sunday!!  

QB Mcnabb, Warner
RB- LT2, F. Gore, S. Young, K. Keith
RC- Ocho Cinco, G. Jennings, K. Curtis, J. Jerevicous
TE Gonzo, V. Davis
D- Redskins/ ST Bears
Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #3 on: Sep 12th, 2010, 11:38am »

I upchuck this old thread just to say, here I am pushing 40-years-old (39) and closing in on a Ph.D., and, because of this silly hobby, I am decked out in an old Elway jersey and still feeling like an anxious little kid on Christmas morning on this day of the year, kickoff Sunday.  It's wonderful, and it's a feeling I hope I never lose! Anybody second that...
Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #4 on: Sep 8th, 2011, 8:41pm »

Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #5 on: Sep 10th, 2011, 12:51pm »

While I am still not totally sold on the Thursday night season kickoff and showcase game (which this year was undeniably awesome ), I must admit that it does make kickoff Sunday, the real Christmas day for all hardcore fantasy footballers, MUCH more relaxing and enjoyable for us commissioners and league administrators of hardcore leagues, especially those, like the GBRFL, that are old-school leagues that are comprised by a tight-knit (and sometimes high-maintenance: participant-><-commish) group and, moreover, run with homemade, that is to say, custom-made web sites and Excel programs (and, thus, free from the shackles of the relatively Johnny-come-lately on-line cookie-cutter BS that exists out there and that the less hardcore flock to ).  Of course, this comes at the expense of a much more hectic Thursday, but I am totally looking forward to just waking up and kicking back tomorrow, watching all the pregame shows and what-not, something I will not be able to do on a Sunday again until the Thursday (or Saturday) games start back up.  Woo-hoo!
cwhams
GM
Fmr. CBFLer
Champ - '07
# 489

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile Email

« Reply #6 on: Sep 11th, 2011, 10:43am »

The Stegman is always welcome to join in the redzone at the the Hamilton house for some real hardcore Sunday football action.  
Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #7 on: Sep 9th, 2012, 6:46am »

It is fantasy football's Christmas Eve...  Here I am fighting off the tired eyes like a five-year-old as I head to bed here on Oahu... with visions of sugarplums doing touchdown dances in my head.  What a great night, with such a fun day awaiting ahead!  Enjoy "Kickoff Sunday", my fellow fantasy footballers!!!
Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #8 on: Sep 1st, 2013, 3:26pm »

This Sunday, beach with the family.

This time next week, pig Heaven, favorite day of the year... Notwithstanding the Thursday night game, moreover, even with my Donkos playing, there is nothing like Kickoff SUNDAY!!! CanNOT wait!
« Last Edit: Sep 1st, 2013, 3:41pm by Stegfucius » Logged
Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #9 on: Sep 8th, 2013, 3:31am »

'Twas the night before Fantasy Football Christmas and...
Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #10 on: Sep 7th, 2014, 4:44am »

Many criticize the commencement of celebrating Christmas (through advertisements) as early as September,... but not this "Christmas",... that is,... the one that is arriving now!  I cannot wait!  I must admit I like kickoff Sunday even more than league draft day! Mind you, I say this and, as I stated on a recent post down on the GBRFL board, Week 1 has historically not treated me kindly... ... That having been said,... HERE WE GO!!!
Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #11 on: Sep 13th, 2015, 3:50am »

Well, fellow fantasy footballers, kickoff Sunday is upon us!  While I am excited, I must admit that it feels a little anticlimactic for me this year.  How the Tim Tebow saga turned out took a little bit out of me. Then, there is Thursday Night Football. I am not crazy about it in general.  But, if you are in Hawaii and, say, you work, you get yourself home while neurotically trying to avoid any mention of the game (like on your car radio) and watch it on tape-delay. Moreover, for me (Tuesdays and) Thursdays are far-and-away my busiest days of the week, so on the day when we have to have our GBRFL lineups in I cannot easily track game-day goings on to make last-minute moves.  That said, having already processed transactions for the week, I just get to sit back and take it all in on Sunday.  That is fun and, indeed, the upshot!
Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #12 on: Sep 11th, 2016, 1:05pm »

And,... here we go...

Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

Previous topic|Next topic

Fantasyfootballer.com's Gridiron » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.1!
YaBB 2000-2002,
Xnull. All Rights Reserved.

Most smilies provided by "MySmilies.com", "Jason's Smiley Collection" or "Clicksmilies.com".
"the Gridiron" Copyright 2002-2016 - Product of FantasyFootballer.com. All rights reserved.