In remembrance of 9/11/01

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Nov 23rd, 2017, 8:02am EST

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members GamesGames Login Login Register Register
Fantasyfootballer.com's Gridiron Respect for the New York Giants?

"Welcome to 'the Gridiron'... Fantasy football at its best!"

Fantasy Football News Feed Co-commissioner Services Add "the Gridiron" to your site
Lend a hand... Make a donation to "the Gridiron"!!!
   Fantasyfootballer.com's Gridiron
   the Gridiron
   the Sidelines
(Moderators: Replay Official, Side Judge, Line Judge, Umpire, Head Linesman, Back Judge, Field Judge, Referee)
   Respect for the New York Giants?
Previous topic|Next topic
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Respect for the New York Giants?  (Read 357 times)
Travistotle
GM
GBRFLer
Champ - '06
# 414

Semper Philosophans

View Profile

Respect for the New York Giants?
« on: Jul 17th, 2008, 10:39pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Ok, here's the deal.  Apparently the Giants don't feel the love/respect from the rest of the league.  They're getting ranked 6th and 10th in the league, 3rd in the NFC, according to the experts -- GASP!  NFL players are hinting that they played a great game at the right time.   Here's the story: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2008/football/nfl/wires/07/17/2020.ap.f bn.on.football.giants.anyone.adv18.1344/index.html

My question is, does anyone buy this?  I mean, come on, it seems pretty obvious that they DID play a great game at the right time, that they WEREN'T the better all-around team, that they caught fire at the right moment.  They're just trying to get some straw-man incentive.

Thoughts?
Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer
Champ - '94, '99, '02, '04

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

Re: Respect for the New York Giants?
« Reply #1 on: Jul 20th, 2008, 1:21am »

I tend to agree with the analysis.  But, it could also be said that great teams catch fire at the right time.  That could be said to be a mark of a great team.  All of that having been said, that was the mark of that great team of 2007.  In terms of overall rankings, just like New England, I think, was the best team overall in 2007, they are the best going in in 2008, overall.  Last year, the championship was won by the hot team not the overall best team.  That affects how we should look at the Giants going into this season.  I would say that they are somewhere between the best and third-best team in the NFC and about fifth-to-eighth-best overall.

I'd be interested in hearing what BW, Jimmy O., a diehard Giants fan, would have to say, though.
Philly
UFF Primetime Prophet
# 29

Pay, I said pay attention, son.

View Profile WWW Email

Re: Respect for the New York Giants?
« Reply #2 on: Jul 20th, 2008, 1:10pm »

I don't think they were that good. It took an under-QBed Eagles team to expose (and nearly beat) the Pats last year. If they hadn't given the Giants the formula, the Giants would have been a mere subheading to a perfect New England season.

The Giants still have as many holes as a number of other teams in the NFL, and more holes than some, so they shouldn't be sitting atop the rankings before the season begins.

Is Ahmad Bradshaw out of jail yet?
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

Previous topic|Next topic

Fantasyfootballer.com's Gridiron » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.1!
YaBB 2000-2002,
Xnull. All Rights Reserved.

Most smilies provided by "MySmilies.com", "Jason's Smiley Collection" or "Clicksmilies.com".
"the Gridiron" Copyright 2002-2016 - Product of FantasyFootballer.com. All rights reserved.