In remembrance of 9/11/01

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Apr 19th, 2024, 9:38pm EST

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members GamesGames Login Login Register Register
Fantasyfootballer.com's Gridiron G.T.K.Y.G. - Topic: Politics

"Welcome to 'the Gridiron'... Fantasy football at its best!"

LeagueStation.com               Co-commissioner Services

Lend a hand...  Make a contribution to help keep "the Gridiron @FantasyFootballer.com" up and independently running!!!
   Fantasyfootballer.com's Gridiron
   the Gridiron
   the Sidelines
(Moderators: Head Linesman, Line Judge, Replay Official, Field Judge, Side Judge, Back Judge, Referee, Umpire)
   G.T.K.Y.G. - Topic: Politics
Previous topic|Next topic
Pages: 1 2 3 4  ...  6 Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: G.T.K.Y.G. - Topic: Politics  (Read 11550 times)
Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer
Champ - '94, '99, '02, '04

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

Re: G.T.K.Y.G. - Topic: Politics
« Reply #25 on: Jul 13th, 2020, 8:23am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

I had composed the message below over two weeks ago and kept getting side-tracked by other matters...  I am getting it up now during its waning moments of relevance.

I wonder what the Redskins are going to change their name to: the ??? Redskins?  After all, regardless of what unhinged, self-loathing, white liberals and a very small BUT loud group of (Oneida, New York) Native Americans tell you, the MOST common school nickname on Native American reservations is Redskins.  BUT, how can this NFL team continue on with that white slave owner in their team name?  How offensive?  It is ridiculous.  There are OBVIOUSLY enough people -- indeed, way more people -- offended by the very utterance of the name of that unpatroitic (with respect to slavery), so-called "president".

Now, my reflections from about sixteen days ago...

Moving right along in the Cultural Revolution vis-à-vis the NFL...  It seems that we have been debating the wrong part of this team's name all these years...

on May 19th, 2016, 6:11pm, StegRock wrote:
Can we finally stop being political lemmings and put this to rest???

New poll finds 9 in 10 Native Americans aren't offended by Redskins name

This is the leftist Washington Compost, for Gawd's sake!!!

on Aug 10th, 2013, 6:08am, StegRock wrote:
This is yet another example of the leftist exploitative philosophy of victimization.

But, anyway, [have you] EVER heard the word "redskin" [uttered] in any other context than with reference to the NFL's Washington D.C. franchise, let alone in a racist way, no less, towards a native American![?]  Be honest, for Christ's sake!

Indeed, I contest the definition you cited.  The term is not disparaging.  It may be offensive.  But, that is surely not the way it is meant.  That judgment is entirely subjective.  This is a quintessential example of the relativism the left propagates and uses to destroy the foundations of a society!

As it turns out, what really is more offensive here, "Redskins" or "Washington", according to our groupthinking cultural revolutionaries?  We have arrived...  Such is on the table of discourse!

Maybe they should change it to "DC".  But,... wait...  The "C" stands for "Columbia", which is based on Christopher Columbus!  The horror!

Someday it will just be "The District", perfectly generic, insipid... and totally Orwellian!

First, "Redskins", then "Columbus", then "Washington"...  That is the trajectory of the revolution.  If you do not like it, stop being willfully ignorant, sloughing it off and tacitly letting it happen!

Hell, what about American football itself?  Are we really on the "right side of history" deriving enjoyment from it?  After all, it is offensive, indeed, loathsome on a whole host of seemingly legitimate fronts to many people (whose sensibilities the revolution can exploit).

We really are at the point where it is stand up for reason and reasonableness and against ill-logical, victim-based narratives or stand up for ill-logical, feelings-based narratives and against reason and reasonableness.  To quote one of my favorite philosophers: "Choose your fate...  Live or die."
« Last Edit: Jul 16th, 2020, 10:51am by Stegfucius » Logged
Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #26 on: Jul 14th, 2020, 3:57am »

To be clear up front, we are going to have a very hard time pulling up out of this cultural revolution -- if we even can -- because we finally have a generation's worth of people indoctrinated accordingly right under our noses, mind you, in the educational system.  It started in higher education and finally trickled all the way down to elementary education over the last ten or so years.  So, anti-Americanism, anti-Westernism, anti-capitalism, anti-Christianity are embedded deep in the psyches of those ideologized accordingly in the schools.

With that said, while the progressive, leftist cause has been advancing thusly in the educational arena, on the political front the progressive strategy is simple and just requires patience.  The left negotiates with a long-term vision in mind.  The right negotiates from a position of preservationism but with what is "believed" to be best for now (double entendre perhaps intended) in mind.

Therefore, while for the right compromise is seen as the middle ground we have to live with moving forward, the left sees it as progress!  And, here, simply, is how they have done it...

Let's say the left wants some set of 100 things, and the right wants none of it, 0.  They compromise at, say, 50.  The right thinks such is politics; this is the compromise we all have to live with moving forward; we only gave them half of what they wanted.  The left thinks, "We are halfway there."

Next time, the left, aptly called the progressives, still wants 100.  50 is where things stand...  The compromise is 75.  Time goes by; they continue to ask for 100.  The compromise is 87.5.  And, on and on and on: 93.75, 96.875, or whatever... until the right's not giving the rest just seems curmudugeonly...  Alas, "100"!  VICTORY!

This may take years or even a couple decades but it is bound to succeed...  The progressive strategy is to always hold to, craft policy according to, and negotiate from their original position and criticize the present reality, that is, the prior compromise which then the conservatives are left to defend.

The progressive left is not compromising their ideals and not abandoning their ideas, and so the conservative right, when negotiating, even when compromising, needs to remain principled and logical.
Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #27 on: Jul 17th, 2020, 10:15pm »

We study history not to right past wrongs.

We study history not to repeat past wrongs.

Hopefully, that registers...  Nevertheless, it is worth asking...  Why is this?

We are imperfect beings.

The former endeavor is negative, reactive, deconstructive, regressive, nihilistic and filled with righteous indignation.  It requires some of us to function as the judge, jury and executioner of others not present and then, because of that, take it out on some other... others.  Being imperfect, THAT CAN GO TERRIBLY WRONG.

The latter mission is positive, proactive, nonjudgmental, reconstructive, progressive and optimistic.  It requires us to work together and move forward, not without looking back but without living in the past, that is, as if we were in the past.  We may not get it totally right, but it cannot go terribly wrong because of the positive nature of the endeavor.
Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #28 on: Aug 5th, 2020, 7:55am »

So, some museum in San Diego I never heard of decided to change its name from the Museum of Man to the Museum of Us: https://www.newsweek.com/san-diego-museum-changes-its-name-effort-promot e-inclusivity-decolonization-1522250.  Aside from the fact that I do not think that in human history we have ever seen such an ineffective and incompetent "intelligentsia" that all they can do is try to solve things via pronoun usage (they surely do not know what to do about this virus except politicize it), I do not have a big gripe with it.  Maybe I would if I had ever heard of and had a vested interest in it, like, say, the (still) white-slave-owning-scum-founding-father (former) native-American-slur NFL football team, but I digress...

What I am concerned about is that the museum officials say that they have done this so as to promote "decolonization".  Huh, okay...  The only question I have -- and anybody who is sane and cares about the future stability of this country for the sake of our children and grandchildren should have -- is...  Where does "decolonization" end???  Stop and think...  That is a scary question.  In the spirit of my immediately prior post, are we moving forward or being taken back?  Are our hopes, dreams and visions for tomorrow, or are we turning the clock back?  If the latter, how far back are we going, and what are the stops along the way?  We had better start asking these questions because this s*** is dangerous.

That said, the current topsy-turvy state of affairs is not only an opportunity for the leftists.  It is also an opportunity for "us".  We do not have to continue down into the abyss of the infinite regress of the illogic and ill-logic of the left.  The best way we can nonviolently fight back -- and we are as perfectly set up to do so as we will ever be with public-school teachers and professors, unlike nurses and grocery-store clerks, reluctant or unwilling to work -- is, for God's sake, to get our kids out of the public schools and mainstream colleges and universities, where this venom is being injected into them.
Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #29 on: Aug 21st, 2020, 6:17am »

We get what we vote for...

Here are the two basic approaches that are up for vote as regards advocacy for African-American interests, juxtaposed... and distilled down to fewer than five minutes of video (and so, I do not seek to take much of your time)...  Mind you, it is not the "what".  It is the "how"...

Congressional Candidate in Baltimore

State Legislature Candidate in Minnesota

Again, we get what we vote for... Unfortunately, our children and grandchildren do, too.
Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #30 on: Sep 2nd, 2020, 3:03pm »

Spiral of madness...

First, Soros- and CCP-funded prosecutors letting off Soros- and CCP-funded protestors, rioters, looters and arsonists...  A perfectly diabolical revolving door of "justice".

Second, if in November we elect/rig an election for a CCP-friendly administration that is moreover economically illiterate, the CCP's 600 or so ultrarich communist elites will buy up the commercial and residential real estate in the U.S. that is about to flood the market over the next twelve to twenty-four months at prices that will make the 2008 crash look like prosperity, and the inner cities "Sin City".

There is no there there...
Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #31 on: Sep 9th, 2020, 7:32pm »

According to the MSM, you would hardly even be aware that our President has been nominated -- and very deservingly so -- for the Nobel Peace Prize.  It is Trump who lies, though...  When liars tell you about someone else's lies, at the very least do not be so gullible!  Free your mind by freeing yourself from the hatred the MSM is causing to well inside you!
DOLFAN
Red Zone Master
GBRFLer
Champ - '16
# 25

I love ''the Gridiron''!

jomrfootbl@aol
View Profile Email

« Reply #32 on: Sep 9th, 2020, 10:40pm »

Our current President is disgracefully representing us as a whole. He knew how bad the virus was the entire time. We can’t trust him, he continues to lie to us, as shown by Bob Woodward’s taped interviews with him released this week. IMO he should resign immediately.

GO TONY, GO TONY, GO TONY!
Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #33 on: Sep 10th, 2020, 12:13am »

on Sep 9th, 2020, 10:40pm, DOLFAN wrote:
Our current President is disgracefully representing us as a whole. He knew how bad the virus was the entire time. We can’t trust him, he continues to lie to us, as shown by Bob Woodward’s taped interviews with him released this week. IMO he should resign immediately.

Well, by cracky, Joe, you sold me!  That was riveting and deep!  I agree,... NOT!  But, we can just go back and forth like that all day and just senselessly talk at each other.

Wow!  It is shocking how the brainwash of the MSM so thoroughly cleanses one of one's senses.  This guy just parrots what the MSM tells him (the Bob Woodward tapes ), and like a good little, insignificant worker bee loses his hivemind and must seek out any even whisper in public of a truth about our President's successes and bury it, even on a measly message-board thread on a rinky-dink fantasy-football forum already buried on the depths of the internet.  There is not an insight, argument, or acknowledgment, no less refutation, of a point made or even something informational to be found in this guy's posts.  Guy just drones on repeating the MSM narrative and opinion as if he thought it himself and as if WE ALL are not totally surrounded by it and aware of it.

I cannot believe I am even going to entertain such drivel, but regarding the virus response, well, he and the WHO and the CDC and the democrats who distracted us from it with impeachment fantasies who, indeed, eschewed attending the hearing on it in favor of spending time on impeachment and the democrats advising people to go out to festivals and the movies and their MSM enablers... blah, blah, blah.  Regarding self-important Bob and his tapes, if listened to, they tell a nuanced story of a guy trying to tamp down fears so as to avoid panicking people and provide a basis for hope.  For God's sake, do you even remember the democrat and MSM reaction to President Trump's moratorium on travel from China?  This guy surely still believes the "Charlottesville good people on both sides" MSM lie.  What a sucker!

Oh, and because I refuse to let this get buried...

on Sep 9th, 2020, 7:32pm, Stegfucius wrote:
According to the MSM, you would hardly even be aware that our President has been nominated -- and very deservingly so -- for the Nobel Peace Prize.  It is Trump who lies, though...  When liars tell you about someone else's lies, at the very least do not be so gullible!  Free your mind by freeing yourself from the hatred the MSM is causing to well inside you!
« Last Edit: Sep 10th, 2020, 7:36am by Stegfucius » Logged
DOLFAN
Red Zone Master
GBRFLer
Champ - '16
# 25

I love ''the Gridiron''!

jomrfootbl@aol
View Profile Email

« Reply #34 on: Oct 2nd, 2020, 1:04am »

WOW

Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #35 on: Oct 11th, 2020, 10:55am »

There are many in the mainstream of the democrat party that do NOT consider Nicolas Maduro and Hugo Chavez to be dictators (and indeed revere them), but most in the mainstream of the democrat party think Donald Trump IS!  It is either that or they are just bald-faced lying propagandists and panderers... playing with fire.  And, there are people who have drunk so much of the corporate MSM Kool-Aid and hate Trump so much that they canNOT think straight, canNOT consider the big picture and are voting to put this party that is drunk with power -- and its indubitable ideological trajectory -- into power!  This is how (sh)it happens... when the so-called resistance and the establishment are on the same side!  If the democrats win in November, just be ready for the dawn of an era of a brand-new, totalitarian kind, the likes of which has never been seen before, the most pernicious kind of top-down collectivism, predicted but yet to have come to fruition, that of CORPORATE COMMUNISM!  It will take groupthink to new heights!
DOLFAN
Red Zone Master
GBRFLer
Champ - '16
# 25

I love ''the Gridiron''!

jomrfootbl@aol
View Profile Email

« Reply #36 on: Oct 28th, 2020, 2:40am »

I predict that the Republicans are going to lose HUGE this election. It is sad to see so many diehard lifelong Republicans have come out and publicly announced that they are supporting and voting for Biden. The Dems will have all 3.  
Maybe they will implement some strategies that can save some American lives, since our current President seems to be doing very little about the pandemic, or even take it seriously.

Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #37 on: Oct 29th, 2020, 3:34pm »

Your focus is the pandemic, I see, Joe, and I understand that.  I just think that it is ultimately the CCP's fault and that they must be taken to task for that lest it -- and worse -- will happen again, and it does not seem like Biden is the one to take them to task.  Heck, it seems like he is more likely to collude with them.

Furthermore, I think one of the biggest atrocities of this pandemic has been the MSM's dishonesty about treatments and in particular hydroxychloroquine + zinc.  Why do you think you canNOT find zinc on store shelves anymore?  Case in point, Member's Mark used to carry a 1,000 mg Vitamin C + zinc pill.  I used to take it regularly.  I still have a handful left in my last bottle from about six months ago, which I had to buy then off of eBay for like double the price (last listing it was over quadruple the price and sold out looong ago: https://www.ebay.com/itm/233573616215).  Now, Sam's Club is back to selling the old, standard 1,000 mg Vitamin C + rose hips, and you canNOT even find the one with zinc as a discontinued product on their official website anymore.  WHY IS THAT?  Why would the MSM and dems LIE about a medication that, if nothing else, is totally SAFE, has been taken for DECADES,... and almost assuredly works in the early stages of, against mild cases of, and, most importantly, prophylactically against the CCP Wuhan coronavirus, especially when taken in combination with ZINC???  Somebody's got it, and to be anti-conspiracy theory about it, that combination is being taken by medical professionals the world over.  But, why be disingenuous with the rest of us about it?  Not enough zinc?  Not enough hydroxychloroquine?  NO MONEY in hydroxychloroquine???  I do not know, but something is odd.

Moreover, unless the virus somehow disappears, the economy WILL tank in 2021!  It is probably going to be bad, in any event.  Only Trump's outside-the-box, anti-establishmentarian economic policies and business acumen managing debt will give us a fighting chance.  Biden and the dems will just use the financial crisis to advance socialist policies!
« Last Edit: Oct 29th, 2020, 4:32pm by Stegfucius » Logged
DOLFAN
Red Zone Master
GBRFLer
Champ - '16
# 25

I love ''the Gridiron''!

jomrfootbl@aol
View Profile Email

« Reply #38 on: Oct 31st, 2020, 1:05am »

Your points say absolutely nothing about Trumps plan about a test and trace program. Hell we are STILL waiting for his health care plan FOUR years later and he still has nothing. No has no health plan.  
One thing Trump does have that Joe Biden doesn’t, that would be a personal Chinese Bank Account.  
How can you say he is a good businessman when none of his properties make money. That’s odd.  
One more thing; the only people that will loan him money in the planet are the Russians.

Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #39 on: Oct 31st, 2020, 11:55pm »

I tried to be nice...  NOW, point-by-point reply...

• Did not try, and will not right now (no time, and,... oh, backatchya, you NEVER address ANY of my points, which unlike yours are not just MSM-fed talking points ), but/because you are obviously underinformed on the matter and it would take umpteen hours to unpack in a thoroughgoing and intellectually honest way; it is true that (the Lincoln Project ilk wing of) the GOP has TOTALLY dropped the ball in terms of promoting a healthcare-COVERAGE solution (indeed, what happened to the proposal of healthcare savings accounts?), but that began before President Trump took office!
  • False,... had (and who cares, anyway; he is an international businessman who had been considering doing business in China), actually, twice false insofar as (the) Biden(s) may not have a Chinese bank account, BUT they are swimming in Chinese MONEY.
  • False.
  • False.

We know who the smarter one in this marriage is!  The only thing that belies it was a choice she made a long time ago, but that was a long time ago, so we will let her off the hook.
« Last Edit: Nov 1st, 2020, 1:45am by Stegfucius » Logged
Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #40 on: Nov 19th, 2020, 6:58am »

Allowing emotions to be played to in the public sphere inevitably causes the advancement of mediocre authoritarian ideas by mendacious, power-hungry people lacking intellectual honesty and wisdom... BECAUSE doing ANYthing can be justified by an emotional appeal.

I know American politics is America's concern, BUT especially given that I lived several years in and indeed am married to this side of the world and have visited some of these places...  On behalf of my country, for what is apparently about to happen, moreover, while the international community along with China and Iran cheers about the results in America,... I apologize to Hong Kong, Taiwan, Tibet, Mongolia, the Uyghur Muslims and Falun Gong members.  I am so sorry for the lack of wisdom and abundance of willful ignorance of the apparent majority of my fellow Americans.
Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #41 on: Nov 19th, 2020, 2:47pm »

The media's ROLE is NOT to quickly declare that there is NO evidence.  Quite the contrary, the media's ROLE is to SEARCH FOR evidence.

Mind you, I am only talking about "knowing roles" and "staying in lanes" here.  Maybe, just maybe there ends up being no evidence, BUT when those who are tasked to investigate and look for evidence claim right away that "there is no evidence", the reaction from the citizenry has to be one of a healthy skepticism... lest democracy be inevitably, eventually lost... for the very existence of democratic republics relies on an objective media just as the existence of totalitarian regimes relies on corrupt media.  To those who want to play coy about the one-sidedness of the MSM, please know that you are playing with fire.
Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #42 on: Nov 20th, 2020, 2:57pm »

Just remember...  The same people who are saying "there is no there there", to quote the Messiah, and not covering and telling you to pay no attention to the Trump-team press conference yesterday are the same people who put the country through a resistance movement that began right after the 2016 election, ran through a frivolous investigation into so-called collusion (under the guise of concern over election interference on the part of Russia, with whom the democrats themselves were in fact in (in)direct communication), an impeachment (which was grounded on substantially less than the known evidence regarding the questionable Biden family dealings), and the despicable slander of an otherwise decent man in, then, Supreme Court Justice nominee, Brett Kavanaugh (based on, literally, NO evidence, save for the testimony under oath of one person).  That is to name just three of the "drags through the mud" the democrats have put us through over the last four years.

Sworn affidavits are, in the broad sense of the term, evidence!  Disinformation and willful ignorance are at an all-time high.  It is the harbinger of an era of censorship in the offing.  
« Last Edit: Nov 29th, 2020, 11:48pm by Stegfucius » Logged
Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #43 on: Nov 22nd, 2020, 9:48pm »

There will be a common thread here between the following two topics, disparate though they may seem at first...  It regards the programmed herd mentality...

The demoncrat-led MSM did not foment hatred for President Trump because some of his behavior is loathsome... because, well, it is.  They wanted you to hate Trump so that you would turn a completely blind eye toward their misdeeds and be totally disinterested!  Indeed, all the "reportage" about how Trump will not leave the White House, for which there was literally no evidence, was all done to plant a seed in the public consciousness.

Next, in seemingly very different "news" but more closely related to the nature of the website here...

My enthusiastic suggestion to "Redskins" owner Daniel Snyder regarding his team name and a new logo is to stick with their new, generic but old-fashioned name as a basis, BUT make it like these European team names and go with Washington FT.  As for the logo, call the scumbag leftist liberals' bluff and since the name is generic, throw George Washington's face, maybe the image of him and the soldiers crossing the Potomac River, on the helmet and build the team's image around our great first president, and sit back and watch the liberals' heads explode!  Now, to be clear, the name should not have been changed to begin with but for the corporate extortion of Snyder led by FedEx during the mini-Cultural Revolution this past summer.  I have NEVER in my whole life heard the term "Redskin" used other than as a team name,... PERIOD, no less as a racist slur, and neither have you.  Insofar as you honestly believe it is a racial slur, that is you not thinking for yourself and giving in to the emotionalist propaganda of the MSM over your own experience,... period.  The ONLY other way I have ever come upon the term aside from its being used as the name for the Washington FT was its usage as the most prevalent team name for schools on native American reservations.  Indeed, more Americans and especially Redskins fans should be offended at being told they have been complicit in the propagation of racism by referring to the team as the Redskins and indeed during football games chanting and yelling out, "Go Redskins!", as if there was a shred of racism involved in any of that.  But, hey, getting rid of the Redskins name is just another way of pushing the American Indian farther out of the American consciousness.  After we get rid of all the American Indian-based names, then we can forget about them for good and, like is so en vogue among the "intelligentsia" these days, get to erasing that from our history.
« Last Edit: Nov 29th, 2020, 11:50pm by Stegfucius » Logged
Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #44 on: Dec 16th, 2020, 4:57pm »

The disinformation is real thick right now... as the statist, corporate communist left, with the complicity of their disposable, neocon lapdogs, has tasted blood and has the full power of the federal government within reach.

Meanwhile, all that has transpired is quite simple...

Big corporations want Chinese money and goods.

Trump is in the way.

Biden is not.  In fact, he is the opposite of in the way.  He is not just weak.  He is on the take.

Biden had to win.

To be continued as time during a very busy period permits...
Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #45 on: Dec 22nd, 2020, 9:22pm »

Not that I am for all this pork in yesterday's "stimulus" bill, anyway, but what was that thing Nasty Pelosi said regarding the tax-cut bill about "peanuts"???  Or, was it "crumbs"???  Whatever the case, bitch is like Nero watching the people fight over coins as she tosses them from the pedestal top.  What a mean-spirited, condescending hypocrite!  Not that the republican party is all that great nor that Trump is in any way, shape or form perfect, but low-information default, Obama dong suckling, and/or knee-jerk Trump-hating demoncrat voters are just total suckers!!!
« Last Edit: Dec 23rd, 2020, 2:47am by Stegfucius » Logged
Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #46 on: Dec 31st, 2020, 10:43pm »

I am so backlogged with stuff to share here...  I took the time to compose this several days ago and meant to post it on a thread on this forum-based website (like here) but am receiving neither the confirmation email so as to be able to activate the account nor assistance; I have registered with two email addresses now, to no avail.  Hence, I am just going to post it here "on the trusty old Gridiron"... even if it is somewhat non sequitur...

Here is the thread on which this was supposed to be posted:
https://www.degreeinfo.com/index.php?threads/jill-bidens-dissertation.57 638/.

Here is what I have to say about it and the discussion on it over there:

This whole discussion is the problem.  We wonder why our educational system is in shambles.  This is why.  The quality of the work; the defenses of such quality and the nature of those defenses (along partisan lines), and the fact that it is done in the field of EDUCATION all contribute to the why!  The politicization of education is why!  Post #58 on this thread, which is rife with partisan half truths, false claims, willful ignorance, inconsistencies and fallacies (too much to pick apart), is why.

Biden's paper here is a joke!  Dubbing it a "magazine article" was generous.  The only thing I can say in defense of it is that it is not literally as bad as, say, Tucker Carlson portrayed it, but figuratively it pretty much is.  I will not even say "relatively" because I know how bad it has gotten in academia: this butt nugget of a so-called "dissertation" is just the tip of the pooberg that academia is pushing out.

ALL dissertations are publicly available.  The call here for others to share their dissertations is at best tendentious, at worst ignorant.  People want to maintain their anonymity (on an issue like this), especially in and around the one-sided environment of academia.  Moreover, people do not want their work to be unfairly evaluated through a skewed political kaleidoscope.  I mean, how did Jill's garbage of a dissertation become a discussion of Melania Trump?  But, I digress.

The main text of a dissertation typically runs between absolutely no fewer than 150 pages and to as many as 500 pages, and sometimes they exceed that.  The average dissertation is probably around 250 to 300 pages.  Master's theses run about 75 to 125 pages on average.

The main text of this "dissertation" is barely 80 pages soaking wet... as they say.  Standard dissertation formatting is 1" margins all around.  Biden's is clearly not that.  It looks to be about 1.25" margins all around.  39 cited works in a double-spaced reference section, which is typically single-spaced with an extra space between entries.  Additionally, on the one hand, there is no preface, which being up front ought to demonstrate depth of thought to justify its presence and so requires some intellectual effort.  On the other hand, notwithstanding the space-consuming tables within the main text, 49 pages of unrigorous content come in the form of appendices, that is, a whopping 38% of the whole piece.  Bottom line, the work exhibits several of the techniques undergrads use to increase the number of pages of a term paper, and in terms of length it is the size of a Master's thesis.

Ed.D.'s are a joke, and this disseration is why!  This is unserious work!  This is not what scholarship (at the doctoral level no less) is supposed to look like.

Granted I am in a different,... most would say, more academic field, but at 198 pages of main text, my dissertation was short as was my 10-page bibliography, which is nevertheless comprised of 141 cited works.  This is setting aside my preface of nine pages and substantive acknowledgements section of five pages.

I do not even know whether or not Jill Biden herself is insisting on being called "Dr. Jill", but the mainstream media is insisting on it on her behalf.  It all misses the point, though.  As a convention, aside from medical doctors, for whom as we all know the title "Doctor" is even used by itself without the doctor's name, in academia the title "Doctor" is typically only used on campus and/or by students for professors/instructors with a doctoral degree, which in the Academy is typically a Ph.D., and always with the person's (last) name, never by itself.

At any rate, even the thought that Biden's dissertation is what doctoral-level work is or should be is scary!  Any brief, tendentious defense of it could be the eventual epitaph on the headstone of the American Academy.
« Last Edit: Jan 2nd, 2021, 4:26pm by Stegfucius » Logged
Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #47 on: Jan 1st, 2021, 5:51am »

2020... BLM meant "Black Lives Matter"

2021... BLM means "Better Learn Mandarin"

Happy "Chinese" New Year!

Hopefully we get "lucky",and this one comes with a "happy ending". ...  
« Last Edit: Jan 1st, 2021, 6:00am by Stegfucius » Logged
DOLFAN
Red Zone Master
GBRFLer
Champ - '16
# 25

I love ''the Gridiron''!

jomrfootbl@aol
View Profile Email

« Reply #48 on: Jan 6th, 2021, 8:00pm »

Wow!!!!

I told ya back on Oct 28th... they have TOTAL CONTROL.  

That’s what 4 years of Trump got for ya.  Congrats!

I feel like Joe Namath.

Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #49 on: Jan 6th, 2021, 11:35pm »

on Jan 6th, 2021, 8:00pm, DOLFAN wrote:
Wow!!!!

I told ya back on Oct 28th... they have TOTAL CONTROL.  

That’s what 4 years of Trump got for ya.  Congrats!

No, it does not just "happen"...

This is what the likes of people like you gave us!
Pages: 1 2 3 4  ...  6 Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

Previous topic|Next topic

Fantasyfootballer.com's Gridiron » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.1!
YaBB © 2000-2002,
Xnull. All Rights Reserved.

Most smilies provided by "MySmilies.com", "Jason's Smiley Collection" or "Clicksmilies.com".
"the Gridiron" Copyright © 2002-2023 - Product of FantasyFootballer.com. All rights reserved.