In remembrance of 9/11/01

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Aug 12th, 2020, 7:30am EST

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members GamesGames Login Login Register Register
Fantasyfootballer.com's Gridiron G.T.K.Y.G. - Topic: Politics

"Welcome to 'the Gridiron'... Fantasy football at its best!"

Co-commissioner Services
Lend a hand...  Make a donation to "the Gridiron"!!!
   Fantasyfootballer.com's Gridiron
   the Gridiron
   the Sidelines
(Moderators: Replay Official, Side Judge, Line Judge, Umpire, Head Linesman, Back Judge, Field Judge, Referee)
   G.T.K.Y.G. - Topic: Politics
No topic|Next topic
Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: G.T.K.Y.G. - Topic: Politics  (Read 2292 times)
Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer
Champ - '94, '99, '02, '04

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

Re: G.T.K.Y.G. - Topic: Politics
« Reply #25 on: Jul 13th, 2020, 8:23am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

I had composed the message below over two weeks ago and kept getting side-tracked by other matters...  I am getting it up now during its waning moments of relevance.

I wonder what the Redskins are going to change their name to: the ??? Redskins?  After all, regardless of what unhinged, self-loathing, white liberals and a very small BUT loud group of (Oneida, New York) Native Americans tell you, the MOST common school nickname on Native American reservations is Redskins.  BUT, how can this NFL team continue on with that white slave owner in their team name?  How offensive?  It is ridiculous.  There are OBVIOUSLY enough people -- indeed, way more people -- offended by the very utterance of the name of that unpatroitic (with respect to slavery), so-called "president".

Now, my reflections from about sixteen days ago...

Moving right along in the Cultural Revolution vis-à-vis the NFL...  It seems that we have been debating the wrong part of this team's name all these years...

on May 19th, 2016, 6:11pm, StegRock wrote:
Can we finally stop being political lemmings and put this to rest???

New poll finds 9 in 10 Native Americans aren't offended by Redskins name

This is the leftist Washington Compost, for Gawd's sake!!!

on Aug 10th, 2013, 6:08am, StegRock wrote:
This is yet another example of the leftist exploitative philosophy of victimization.

But, anyway, [have you] EVER heard the word "redskin" [uttered] in any other context than with reference to the NFL's Washington D.C. franchise, let alone in a racist way, no less, towards a native American![?]  Be honest, for Christ's sake!

Indeed, I contest the definition you cited.  The term is not disparaging.  It may be offensive.  But, that is surely not the way it is meant.  That judgment is entirely subjective.  This is a quintessential example of the relativism the left propagates and uses to destroy the foundations of a society!

As it turns out, what really is more offensive here, "Redskins" or "Washington", according to our groupthinking cultural revolutionaries?  We have arrived...  Such is on the table of discourse!

Maybe they should change it to "DC".  But,... wait...  The "C" stands for "Columbia", which is based on Christopher Columbus!  The horror!

Someday it will just be "The District", perfectly generic, insipid... and totally Orwellian!

First, "Redskins", then "Columbus", then "Washington"...  That is the trajectory of the revolution.  If you do not like it, stop being willfully ignorant, sloughing it off and tacitly letting it happen!

Hell, what about American football itself?  Are we really on the "right side of history" deriving enjoyment from it?  After all, it is offensive, indeed, loathsome on a whole host of seemingly legitimate fronts to many people (whose sensibilities the revolution can exploit).

We really are at the point where it is stand up for reason and reasonableness and against ill-logical, victim-based narratives or stand up for ill-logical, feelings-based narratives and against reason and reasonableness.  To quote one of my favorite philosophers: "Choose your fate...  Live or die."
« Last Edit: Jul 16th, 2020, 10:51am by Stegfucius » Logged
Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #26 on: Jul 14th, 2020, 3:57am »

To be clear up front, we are going to have a very hard time pulling up out of this cultural revolution -- if we even can -- because we finally have a generation's worth of people indoctrinated accordingly right under our noses, mind you, in the educational system.  It started in higher education and finally trickled all the way down to elementary education over the last ten or so years.  So, anti-Americanism, anti-Westernism, anti-capitalism, anti-Christianity are embedded deep in the psyches of those ideologized accordingly in the schools.

With that said, while the progressive, leftist cause has been advancing thusly in the educational arena, on the political front the progressive strategy is simple and just requires patience.  The left negotiates with a long-term vision in mind.  The right negotiates from a position of preservationism but with what is "believed" to be best for now (double entendre perhaps intended) in mind.

Therefore, while for the right compromise is seen as the middle ground we have to live with moving forward, the left sees it as progress!  And, here, simply, is how they have done it...

Let's say the left wants some set of 100 things, and the right wants none of it, 0.  They compromise at, say, 50.  The right thinks such is politics; this is the compromise we all have to live with moving forward; we only gave them half of what they wanted.  The left thinks, "We are halfway there."

Next time, the left, aptly called the progressives, still wants 100.  50 is where things stand...  The compromise is 75.  Time goes by; they continue to ask for 100.  The compromise is 87.5.  And, on and on and on: 93.75, 96.875, or whatever... until the right's not giving the rest just seems curmudugeonly...  Alas, "100"!  VICTORY!

This may take years or even a couple decades but it is bound to succeed...  The progressive strategy is to always hold to, craft policy according to, and negotiate from their original position and criticize the present reality, that is, the prior compromise which then the conservatives are left to defend.

The progressive left is not compromising their ideals and not abandoning their ideas, and so the conservative right, when negotiating, even when compromising, needs to remain principled and logical.
Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #27 on: Jul 17th, 2020, 10:15pm »

We study history not to right past wrongs.

We study history not to repeat past wrongs.

Hopefully, that registers...  Nevertheless, it is worth asking...  Why is this?

We are imperfect beings.

The former endeavor is negative, reactive, deconstructive, regressive, nihilistic and filled with righteous indignation.  It requires some of us to function as the judge, jury and executioner of others not present and then, because of that, take it out on some other... others.  Being imperfect, THAT CAN GO TERRIBLY WRONG.

The latter mission is positive, proactive, nonjudgmental, reconstructive, progressive and optimistic.  It requires us to work together and move forward, not without looking back but without living in the past, that is, as if we were in the past.  We may not get it totally right, but it cannot go terribly wrong because of the positive nature of the endeavor.
Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #28 on: Aug 5th, 2020, 7:55am »

So, some museum in San Diego I never heard of decided to change its name from the Museum of Man to the Museum of Us: https://www.newsweek.com/san-diego-museum-changes-its-name-effort-promot e-inclusivity-decolonization-1522250.  Aside from the fact that I do not think that in human history we have ever seen such an ineffective and incompetent "intelligentsia" that all they can do is try to solve things via pronoun usage (they surely do not know what to do about this virus except politicize it), I do not have a big gripe with it.  Maybe I would if I had ever heard of and had a vested interest in it, like, say, the (still) white-slave-owning-scum-founding-father (former) native-American-slur NFL football team, but I digress...

What I am concerned about is that the museum officials say that they have done this so as to promote "decolonization".  Huh, okay...  The only question I have -- and anybody who is sane and cares about the future stability of this country for the sake of our children and grandchildren should have -- is...  Where does "decolonization" end???  Stop and think...  That is a scary question.  In the spirit of my immediately prior post, are we moving forward or being taken back?  Are our hopes, dreams and visions for tomorrow, or are we turning the clock back?  If the latter, how far back are we going, and what are the stops along the way?  We had better start asking these questions because this s*** is dangerous.

That said, the current topsy-turvy state of affairs is not only an opportunity for the leftists.  It is also an opportunity for "us".  We do not have to continue down into the abyss of the infinite regress of the illogic and ill-logic of the left.  The best way we can nonviolently fight back -- and we are as perfectly set up to do so as we will ever be with public-school teachers and professors, unlike nurses and grocery-store clerks, reluctant or unwilling to work -- is, for God's sake, to get our kids out of the public schools and mainstream colleges and universities, where this venom is being injected into them.
Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

No topic|Next topic

Fantasyfootballer.com's Gridiron » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.1!
YaBB © 2000-2002,
Xnull. All Rights Reserved.

Most smilies provided by "MySmilies.com", "Jason's Smiley Collection" or "Clicksmilies.com".
"the Gridiron" Copyright © 2002-2018 - Product of FantasyFootballer.com. All rights reserved.