In remembrance of 9/11/01

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Apr 20th, 2024, 3:14am EST

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members GamesGames Login Login Register Register
Fantasyfootballer.com's Gridiron Thanks Ken!

"Welcome to 'the Gridiron'... Fantasy football at its best!"

LeagueStation.com               Co-commissioner Services

Lend a hand...  Make a contribution to help keep "the Gridiron @FantasyFootballer.com" up and independently running!!!
   Fantasyfootballer.com's Gridiron
   Outside the Lines
   Forum Archives
(Moderator: Stegfucius)
   Thanks Ken!
Previous topic|Next topic
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Thanks Ken!  (Read 618 times)
Tony_O

Email

Thanks Ken!
« on: Oct 29th, 2006, 1:59pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Thanks my christian(Hmmmm) brother! How about taking Qb you might actually use instead of taking all of my back-up QB's. Two weeks in a row isn't a mistake. I appreciate it! Do me a favor and don't respond either!
Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer
Champ - '94, '99, '02, '04

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

Re: Thanks Ken!
« Reply #1 on: Oct 29th, 2006, 2:18pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

This is in jest, right??? I hope I am not held to not going after whatever free-agent I want out of some misplaced, superficial etiquette. It's worst-to-first and that's it.  You play the game... every aspect of it... to a T. Again, though, I can only surmise that this isn't a very serious comment and that I'm missing an inside joke here. We,... ALL,... surely don't want to facilitate any more "ill-will" during this "tender" time, right?
Tony_O

Email

« Reply #2 on: Oct 29th, 2006, 3:23pm »

yeah I was kidding......although I do think he was trying to hurt my team as opposed to strengthen his! Which is allowed!
Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #3 on: Oct 29th, 2006, 6:22pm »

Get this, Tony...  I made a mistake in the transactions this week. As it turns out, it's not Ken who screwed you.  It was Ray.
Chumpzilla
Red Zone Master
# 203

"I Love The Gridiron"

View Profile

« Reply #4 on: Oct 29th, 2006, 6:24pm »

Defensive move...
Tony_O

Email

« Reply #5 on: Oct 29th, 2006, 7:55pm »

I know, thanks Ray! The best offense is a good defense!
Philly
UFF Primetime Prophet
# 29

Pay, I said pay attention, son.

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #6 on: Oct 29th, 2006, 8:09pm »

Speaking of free agent activity... I think we have a alert already. Waiving the most productive fantasy kicker in the league while keeping one who has just a little more than half as much fantasy production?  

I'm not going to name names in order to protect the innocent, but it might not be a bad idea to grab Stephen Alexander or Brandon Marshall off waivers and offer him up as trade bait.  
MordecaiCourage

Email

« Reply #7 on: Oct 29th, 2006, 8:38pm »

on Oct 29th, 2006, 1:59pm, Tony_O wrote:
Thanks my christian(Hmmmm) brother! How about taking Qb you might actually use instead of taking all of my back-up QB's. Two weeks in a row isn't a mistake. I appreciate it! Do me a favor and don't respond either!

We talked it up last week about Garrard. I told you that Leftwich was not on the plane when they got to Houston and that he may not be the man that week. I did my homework and I picked him up. If you look back in the transaction history you will see that I had Garrard earlier in the season and had to drop him to get help elsewhere. I've always thought of him as winning the job there someday outright! I was not being vicious Tony. If you look at my team you will see that I am "old" at QB. As 3 or 4 other owners could probably tell you I am constantly asking them for their younger QB's. You should be prepared for injury! That is why I went out and got Frerotte back so soon after I dropped him last week...to protect myself in case Bulger goes down. It's why I picked up Huard earlier in the season too, because I had Trent Green. It's why I never leave Philly alone about trading me Jason Campbell...because I have Brunell. I have a pattern that I follow and I make no apologies for it. Try not to let your frustrations show outwardly in attack form Tony. Never, ever, throw my belief system under fire either. I don't care what people say or think about me..I only care what God thinks. Questioning my Christianity by writing  Christian "Hmmmmm" brother is silly. The question is this..."Did I play by the rules or didn't I?"  

MordecaiCourage

Email

« Reply #8 on: Oct 29th, 2006, 8:45pm »

on Oct 29th, 2006, 3:23pm, Tony_O wrote:
yeah I was kidding......although I do think he was trying to hurt my team as opposed to strengthen his! Which is allowed!

I try to build my squad....if you got weaker it's because you gambled on health and lost. For what it's worth....If I had it my way I would have evry player on my team's backup at every position.
Tony_O

Email

« Reply #9 on: Oct 30th, 2006, 11:57pm »

Hey Steve, I think Ken should have picked up Wallace not Ray. Ken has a worse record than Ray's team and they both put in for him in the first round of free agency.
Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #10 on: Oct 31st, 2006, 3:07am »

That's what I originally had, Tony.  Ray got him because of the higher free-agent pick he picked up in the trade with Jeff.  BUT, GOOD JOB! GIVEN THE CURRENT CIRCUMSTANCES, STAY ON ME WITH THAT STUFF!  Even though I get huffy over other "shit", I will NEVER fault anybody for pointing out something to me that needs to be and can obviously be fixed... even if you might be wrong (though don't go searchin' for shit just for the sake of it; just be aware and alert and sensitive to stuff and perhaps be willing to double-check it yourself first before telling me).  In fact, Jim just sent me a private message indicating a mistake I had made on the rosters page.  That's great!
Tony_O

Email

« Reply #11 on: Oct 31st, 2006, 12:04pm »

No problem!
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

Previous topic|Next topic

Fantasyfootballer.com's Gridiron » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.1!
YaBB © 2000-2002,
Xnull. All Rights Reserved.

Most smilies provided by "MySmilies.com", "Jason's Smiley Collection" or "Clicksmilies.com".
"the Gridiron" Copyright © 2002-2023 - Product of FantasyFootballer.com. All rights reserved.