In remembrance of 9/11/01

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Apr 15th, 2024, 11:59pm EST

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members GamesGames Login Login Register Register
Fantasyfootballer.com's Gridiron Starter Sheet Accountability Thread

"Welcome to 'the Gridiron'... Fantasy football at its best!"

LeagueStation.com               Co-commissioner Services

Lend a hand...  Make a contribution to help keep "the Gridiron @FantasyFootballer.com" up and independently running!!!
   Fantasyfootballer.com's Gridiron
   Outside the Lines
   Forum Archives
(Moderator: Stegfucius)
   Starter Sheet Accountability Thread
Previous topic|Next topic
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Starter Sheet Accountability Thread  (Read 696 times)
steelkings

Email

Starter Sheet Accountability Thread
« on: Nov 6th, 2006, 10:30am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

This weeks starter sheet has been emailed to everyone. If it works out, I'll go again much the same next week. Please review the document and comment here.
steelkings

Email

Re: Starter Sheet Accountability Thread
« Reply #1 on: Nov 6th, 2006, 2:23pm »

Tony,
The Email address on the site came back undeliverable. Send me a pm with the correct one and I'll email you the sheet.
Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer
Champ - '94, '99, '02, '04

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #2 on: Nov 7th, 2006, 6:23pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

I just sent out an e-mail indicating the following...

Fellas,

Rob is correct about the "No Body" thing.  When the cascading/ignoring (of illegitimate free-agent requests and outright mistakes) cashes out, i.e. nobody is left for the team, first name - "No", last name - "Body", just like that should be entered.  I'd appreciate a "final" sheet that does it this way.  Do yous still have Rob's?

- Steg
Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #3 on: Nov 11th, 2006, 6:55pm »

I just received and subsequently dealt with the following "kind,... but" private message Rob sent me:

on Nov 11th, 2006, 9:30am, captainpurple wrote:
Hey guys,  

Steg, I know you're swamped       so I hate to do this to ya, but there's a mistake on my roster for week 9.   The results page has me starting KC defense, whom I actually dropped.  I started Jac.   As such, the results are changed and I should win the matchup with The Dogs of War.

Just want to let you know before you process the free agent pickups for week 10, in case it makes a difference.

Thanks bud!  Hang in there!

This is not really directed at anyone as sk made sure to send his work out to everybody.  So, this is to everybody.  Guys,... this job has got to be done with EXTREME CARE (in both senses of the word "care", i.e. meticulously and "show me (how much) you care,"... if not about me as a person, about the league).  Mistakes, no matter how small, can make significant double-work for me, and as Rob suggests if a mistake, again it can be rather small like this one, makes it through a week or two or more of free-agent processing, it can create an irreversible mess (which I, neurotic perfectionist that I am, will probably blow loads (no, not that, you gutterheads... this...) of time trying my best to disabuse).  On the other hand, I think this whole development could be a good thing... at this time.  In light of recent circumstances (that led up to what we're having to deal with here), this may just "reinvigorate" an appreciation of all that goes into this place, not only in the front of the house but also and even more so behind the scenes,... just all that goes into running this league,... the GBRFLeagues, which, mind yous, is something I want to pursue running for a fee someday when I can (afford to) get the spreadsheets more automated.  Even when Jamie was running the scoring sheets, I was still spending upwards of two hours a week on average processing you all's weekly transactions (trades and free-agents), doing all the HTML work and dealing with details and problems.  Again, I'm just (re)painting the "bigger picture".  This is time spent just on this league, forget all the big things I want to accomplish here.
steelkings

Email

« Reply #4 on: Nov 11th, 2006, 8:06pm »

I'm not sure how it happened. The sheet I forwarded to everyone had (Jac) as CP's starter. Do you mean CP actually started KC? Let me know what happened so I can learn from the mistake.
Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #5 on: Nov 11th, 2006, 8:20pm »

As it turns out, there's nothing to learn in this case, sk...  I guess I messed it up,... further going to show you how much of a rushed-up nightmare this is for me.  I'm just very frustrated by this whole situation...  Anyway, good work, Todd.  Thank you.
steelkings

Email

« Reply #6 on: Nov 11th, 2006, 8:58pm »

Cool bro! Glad to help you anyway I can. As I'm sure go's the same for everyone else.

By the way. Am I up again Monday or is there anouther volenteer?
Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #7 on: Nov 12th, 2006, 8:17am »

Pay CLOSE attention to my lineupS this week...
Philly
UFF Primetime Prophet
# 29

Pay, I said pay attention, son.

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #8 on: Nov 12th, 2006, 11:41pm »

on Nov 11th, 2006, 8:58pm, steelkings wrote:
Cool bro! Glad to help you anyway I can. As I'm sure go's the same for everyone else.

I'm still in the midst of a couple weeks of too much work and lots of travel, so I'm barely able to submit a lineup at this point. After week 12, I can take on the whole thing if necessary.
Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #9 on: Nov 17th, 2006, 5:21am »

PLEASE consult my latest post on the other thread...

http://www.fantasyfootballer.com/cgi-bin/theGridiron/YaBB.cgi?board=99;a ction=display;num=1162459213.
steelkings

Email

« Reply #10 on: Nov 17th, 2006, 6:48am »

Quote:
on Nov 10th, 2006, 2:36am, StegRock wrote:Whoever does Week 10's lineups, PLEASE click that link above (again) and download the (yet again) "new" lineups spreadsheet.  ...  Players' names got to be spelled right (if I am going to be able to just copy-and-paste this shit).  E.g., Jon Kitna ~= John Kitna.  ...  Also, no extra spaces in the cells, please.  In each cell should be just the first name and just the last name, no extra spaces.  

http://www.ffforum.com/GBRFL2Lineups.xls

You should have colored that RED for me. Cause thats what it is. Sorry I couldnt achive perfection for you.   It wont happen again.

Quote:
Posted by: steelkings Posted on: Nov 11th, 2006, 7:58pm  

Other than Jeff's future help here was the response to that:
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

Previous topic|Next topic

Fantasyfootballer.com's Gridiron » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.1!
YaBB © 2000-2002,
Xnull. All Rights Reserved.

Most smilies provided by "MySmilies.com", "Jason's Smiley Collection" or "Clicksmilies.com".
"the Gridiron" Copyright © 2002-2023 - Product of FantasyFootballer.com. All rights reserved.