In remembrance of 9/11/01

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Apr 18th, 2024, 5:58am EST

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members GamesGames Login Login Register Register
Fantasyfootballer.com's Gridiron 2019 Summer Meeting & Draft

"Welcome to 'the Gridiron'... Fantasy football at its best!"

LeagueStation.com Co-commissioner Services

Lend a hand... Make a contribution to help keep "the Gridiron @FantasyFootballer.com" up and independently running!!!
   Fantasyfootballer.com's Gridiron
   Featured Leagues
   GBRFL
(Moderator: Stegfucius)
   2019 Summer Meeting & Draft
No topic|Next topic
Pages: 1 2 3  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: 2019 Summer Meeting & Draft  (Read 4786 times)
Art Vandalay
GM
GBRFLer
Champ - '96, '05
# 11

Bow to the master

View Profile

Re: 2019 Summer Meeting & Draft
« Reply #25 on: Aug 2nd, 2019, 3:27pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

i'm ok 2 weekends prior as well but that's it. i'm booked solid otherwise.

Why don't you just tell me what you want to see.
DirkDiggler
Gridiron Great
GBRFLer
Champ - '14, '23
# 5

View Profile

« Reply #26 on: Aug 3rd, 2019, 1:18am »

Like I said, I am in vacation at the beach 10-18. I think Joe is too..... Opposite of Franks availability it seems.

« Last Edit: Aug 3rd, 2019, 1:20am by DirkDiggler » Logged

"Every rule has an exception....the exception can't become the rule"
Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer
Champ - '94, '99, '02, '04

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #27 on: Aug 3rd, 2019, 6:15am »

on Aug 3rd, 2019, 1:18am, DirkDiggler wrote:
Like I said, I am in vacation at the beach 10-18. I think Joe is too..... Opposite of Franks availability it seems.

Well, not exactly... The weekend right before the draft, August 24th/25th, seems to work for all you all.

We could do the Lottery the day cuts are due, Sunday, August 25th. Having both of those events scheduled on the same date seems to be a somewhat good idea.

And, anyway, what is the point of having the Lottery early? Likely, it is so that trades can be made with certainty about what the draft picks are, and that this (somehow) facilitates trades/the ability to trade (the former of which I personally think is a false premise... that only seems true because it ends up being a self-fulfilling prophecy, but I digress). However, many supporters of the early Lottery are going on vacation, so that does not entirely make sense (at least if you accept that aforementioned premise that knowing what the picks are facilitates trades). I mean, is it not better to just get away and enjoy yourselves and your families while on vacation without potentially having to deal with this twaddle on the side? On the other hand, if you reject the premise (as do I), then when the Lottery goes down, early or later, really should not matter.

Mind you, personally, I would rather have it sooner. I was done with summer classes on July 12th, though with daughter in tow until this past Thursday, August 1st (when school started for her -- YIKES, right?). In any case, I am off and on my own now for the next few weeks! Indeed, fall semester starts on Monday, August 26th, SO waiting all the way until Sunday, August 25th kind of sucks for me. In fact, so does having the Draft so late. Ah, c'est la vie...

Anyway, thoughts???
« Last Edit: Aug 3rd, 2019, 5:28pm by Stegfucius » Logged
IbdFunk
Fantasy Field General
GBRFLer
Champ - '97, '00, '01, '11
# 12

No Vaseline for you!

View Profile

« Reply #28 on: Aug 3rd, 2019, 10:09am »

I thought the draft was labor day? Now it changed? I am out of town Aug 20 to the 25th and will be on a plane all day the 25th, sorry. Pretty much the only time i am not around. Sorry fellas
DOLFAN
Red Zone Master
GBRFLer
Champ - '16
# 25

I love ''the Gridiron''!

jomrfootbl@aol
View Profile Email

« Reply #29 on: Aug 3rd, 2019, 12:30pm »

Again I will be on vacation Aug 10-17 (Sat-Sat). Also, as stated earlier, the draft for my homeboy league is Sat Aug 24th 6pm.  

I could do any evening starting today moving forward 6-11pm during week or anytime on weekend, except where stated above, if that helps.

GO TONY, GO TONY, GO TONY!
DirkDiggler
Gridiron Great
GBRFLer
Champ - '14, '23
# 5

View Profile

« Reply #30 on: Aug 3rd, 2019, 2:21pm »

I can do today though August 9th.    I'd rather get it done early too.   Why not just it for tomorrow or Monday?

Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #31 on: Aug 3rd, 2019, 3:55pm »

on Aug 3rd, 2019, 10:09am, IbdFunk wrote:
I thought the draft was labor day? Now it changed? I am out of town Aug 20 to the 25th and will be on a plane all day the 25th, sorry. Pretty much the only time i am not around. Sorry fellas

Holy shit!  You are a total fuckin' moron!  We are talking about the LOTTERY now.  The Draft date is set for September 1st!  Ugh...  This is worse than herding cats.
IbdFunk
Fantasy Field General
GBRFLer
Champ - '97, '00, '01, '11
# 12

No Vaseline for you!

View Profile

« Reply #32 on: Aug 3rd, 2019, 3:56pm »

Chow down on my manhood Warner!! Thanks for the clarification. Not in lotto so haven’t been paying attention.
Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #33 on: Aug 3rd, 2019, 4:00pm »

on Aug 3rd, 2019, 3:56pm, IbdFunk wrote:
Chow down on my manhood Warner!!

I do not know if he was the intended target, but I am LAUGHING OUT LOUD!!!  That made my day!!!
Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #34 on: Aug 3rd, 2019, 4:24pm »

I cannot do today.  But, anyway, I like rationality, and I like to understand.  It is the logician and philosopher(-wanna-be) in me...  I am not trying to antagonize, but WHY is doing the lottery a.s.a.p. so important?
DirkDiggler
Gridiron Great
GBRFLer
Champ - '14, '23
# 5

View Profile

« Reply #35 on: Aug 3rd, 2019, 9:33pm »

We would like to know the draft order.   The value of the picks is final at that point.

Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #36 on: Aug 4th, 2019, 1:26am »

(Please do not do what no human can, that is, judge my motives. I am being sincere...)

on Aug 3rd, 2019, 9:33pm, DirkDiggler wrote:
[Because] We would like to know the draft order. [Because] The value of the picks is final at that point.

Why is that better?

Having asked that, from a democratic perspective, I must also acknowledge that three of the four parties who have a vested interest in the outcome of the lottery have indicated that an earlier date is greatly preferred.  Heck, even I, who have a little vested interest and in any case should be in attendance, have indicated that for personal reasons I would prefer it not to be as late as the weekend of the 24th/25th.  So, that makes four out of five preferring at least earlier than the weekend before the draft.

With that said, Frank, who finished in last place last year, arguably has the greatest vested interest, and objectively speaking, it would be best if he could be included.
« Last Edit: Aug 4th, 2019, 2:49am by Stegfucius » Logged
Art Vandalay
GM
GBRFLer
Champ - '96, '05
# 11

Bow to the master

View Profile

« Reply #37 on: Aug 4th, 2019, 7:49am »

If the majority need to do it earlier that's fine. But if I can't be there and don't get the number 1 pick, i will protest collusion and obstruction.

Why don't you just tell me what you want to see.
DOLFAN
Red Zone Master
GBRFLer
Champ - '16
# 25

I love ''the Gridiron''!

jomrfootbl@aol
View Profile Email

« Reply #38 on: Aug 4th, 2019, 1:48pm »

My 2 cents: all the talking/communication we have done this weekend with everyone/most peeps checking in, possibly could have been done this weekend.  

I have a suggestion...an idea taken from other leagues I have been in over the years: why dont we have the (draft lottery) the same weekend every year...i suggest the (HOF weekend sometime). So we know in advance, and can make plans if peeps want to attend.  
 Plenty of time before the regular draft to know value, then the only thing we would need to pin down would be the regular draft.  
Just a suggestion.

Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #39 on: Aug 5th, 2019, 3:40am »

I do not think set dates are a good idea for our group here. Too many differences in our lives, personally, professionally, geographically, and if we have to change the date, that is potentially going to lead to confusion.

At any rate, as for this year, Frank has given us the green light to have it early. That said, if we are going to conduct it early, based on Joe's and Steve's schedules we do not have much time. How about we shoot for this Wednesday evening??? (I understand that I am probably just asking Steve, Joe, Travis and Frank.)
« Last Edit: Aug 5th, 2019, 3:41am by Stegfucius » Logged
DirkDiggler
Gridiron Great
GBRFLer
Champ - '14, '23
# 5

View Profile

« Reply #40 on: Aug 5th, 2019, 8:56am »

I can be available Wednesday and will put together the spreadsheet in order to conduct the lottery reflecting Frank having 5 out of 15 chance of getting the top pick.

DOLFAN
Red Zone Master
GBRFLer
Champ - '16
# 25

I love ''the Gridiron''!

jomrfootbl@aol
View Profile Email

« Reply #41 on: Aug 5th, 2019, 1:28pm »

I am also available Wednesday evening EST for the lottery.

Travistotle
Fantasy Field General
GBRFLer
Champ - '06
# 414

Semper Philosophans

View Profile

« Reply #42 on: Aug 5th, 2019, 4:20pm »

I can probably do that, although I am watching the kids solo that evening so I may be in and out.  But that is ok with me.

Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #43 on: Aug 5th, 2019, 6:07pm »

on Aug 5th, 2019, 8:56am, DirkDiggler wrote:
I can be available Wednesday and will put together the spreadsheet in order to conduct the lottery reflecting Frank having 5 out of 15 chance of getting the top pick.

And, as long as you send it out to EVERYBODY, in attendance or NOT, except me and I record the numbers I draw, then no one should have any problem with that. And, just for the record, NOTHING nefarious has EVER happened with respect to the draft Lottery. Indeed, the way it is set up, nothing can! That said, I hope you can make it, Frank.

The Lottery is quick... So, let's go with a start time on Wednesday of about 7:30 p.m. (ET). I will get the conference call set up and send out the info on that via email. If there are no objections, I will see yous (at least Steve and Joe) then!
« Last Edit: Aug 5th, 2019, 6:09pm by Stegfucius » Logged
DirkDiggler
Gridiron Great
GBRFLer
Champ - '14, '23
# 5

View Profile

« Reply #44 on: Aug 5th, 2019, 9:13pm »

on Aug 5th, 2019, 6:07pm, Stegfucius wrote:

And, as long as you send it out to EVERYBODY, in attendance or NOT, except me and I record the numbers I draw, then no one should have any problem with that. And, just for the record, NOTHING nefarious has EVER happened with respect to the draft Lottery. Indeed, the way it is set up, nothing can! That said, I hope you can make it, Frank.

The Lottery is quick... So, let's go with a start time on Wednesday of about 7:30 p.m. (ET). I will get the conference call set up and send out the info on that via email. If there are no objections, I will see yous (at least Steve and Joe) then!

Spreadsheet already sent to everyone except you like it is every year. Everyone's lottery picks are color coded and can easily be counted. Frank with 5, Steg with 4, Travis with 3, Warner with 2, and Joe with 1. All assigned to a number 1-15 based on randomized numbers sorted in Excel.  

« Last Edit: Aug 5th, 2019, 9:39pm by DirkDiggler » Logged

DOLFAN
Red Zone Master
GBRFLer
Champ - '16
# 25

I love ''the Gridiron''!

jomrfootbl@aol
View Profile Email

« Reply #45 on: Aug 5th, 2019, 10:04pm »

ok see you guys Wed evening.

Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #46 on: Aug 6th, 2019, 12:16am »

on Aug 5th, 2019, 6:07pm, Stegfucius wrote:

Heyas, fellas...  Just emailed yous the info on the call-in number that we will use for the conference calls both for the Lottery this Wednesday and on Draft day, Sunday, September 1st.  Please do not mind the multiple versions of the email I sent out.  Indeed, I apologize for cluttering up your inboxes.  There was some funky code embedded in the message that I was (finally) cleaning out (I have been noticing it with this message with the conference-call information in it for years, in fact).  Even though you all would hardly notice anything, alas, the last one I sent out this time is basically totally cleaned up in terms of the source code (that is, as cleaned-up as I will ever get it).  That said, all the messages say the same exact thing.  Over and out...
DOLFAN
Red Zone Master
GBRFLer
Champ - '16
# 25

I love ''the Gridiron''!

jomrfootbl@aol
View Profile Email

« Reply #47 on: Aug 6th, 2019, 10:42pm »

thx Commish.  

Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #48 on: Aug 7th, 2019, 7:35pm »

Just a very last-minute FYI...  As I just texted out a few minutes ago, as we have been doing in late years, we will probably also knock out Team Numbers during the conference call for the Lottery commencing here in a matter of moments...
Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #49 on: Aug 7th, 2019, 8:28pm »

Heyas, All!  So, the conference call for the Draft Lottery is complete...  We did explore some issues to be further discussed at the Summer Meeting & Draft on Sunday, September 1st.  I will leave an outline of that for a separate post and just get down to brass tacks here in this post...

The Draft order came out as follows:
1) Frank (thank, God)
2) Joe
3) Travis
4) Steg
5) Warner

Teams #'s for the 2019-2020 season are as follows:
1) Travis
2) Warner
3) Trout
4) Steg
5) Joe
6) DB
7) Mark
8) Pak
9) Frank
10) Danny

Do NOT go by the schedule currently displayed on the "Schedule" page at the league website!  The schedule is still the old one.  I have to update it to the new one.  The "Rosters" page also needs to be reordered.  I will try to get this stuff done today.
Pages: 1 2 3  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

No topic|Next topic

Fantasyfootballer.com's Gridiron » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.1!
YaBB 2000-2002,
Xnull. All Rights Reserved.

Most smilies provided by "MySmilies.com", "Jason's Smiley Collection" or "Clicksmilies.com".
"the Gridiron" Copyright 2002-2023 - Product of FantasyFootballer.com. All rights reserved.