In remembrance of 9/11/01



Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Apr 18th, 2024, 6:51am EST

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members GamesGames Login Login Register Register
Fantasyfootballer.com's Gridiron Extra Free Agent Picks

"Welcome to 'the Gridiron'... Fantasy football at its best!"

LeagueStation.com Co-commissioner Services

Lend a hand... Make a contribution to help keep "the Gridiron @FantasyFootballer.com" up and independently running!!!
   Fantasyfootballer.com's Gridiron
   Featured Leagues
   GBRFL
(Moderator: Stegfucius)
   Extra Free Agent Picks
Previous topic|Next topic
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Extra Free Agent Picks  (Read 257 times)
DirkDiggler
Gridiron Great
GBRFLer
Champ - '14, '23
*****
# 5





   
View Profile

Posts: 3322

Back to top

Extra Free Agent Picks
« on: Aug 30th, 2021, 9:18pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Hello, In looking back at previous expansion, we allocated the new owner extra free agent picks. I would like to propose we make some sort of extra free agent pick for James as well cause realistically he will have three crap players to drop. It was ONLY for the first few weeks.  
 
The voting for Doug was to receive an extra free agent pick in the MIDDLE of the first round for the first 4 weeks.  
 
I would put up for discussion now (and voting on draft day):
 
Should James receive an extra FA pick?
 
If so, for how many weeks?
 
Should it be middle of the first round, end of the first round or somewhere else?
« Last Edit: Aug 30th, 2021, 10:21pm by Stegfucius » Logged

"Every rule has an exception....the exception can't become the rule"
DirkDiggler
Gridiron Great
GBRFLer
Champ - '14, '23
*****
# 5





   
View Profile

Posts: 3322

Back to top

Re: Extra Free Agent Picks
« Reply #1 on: Aug 30th, 2021, 11:45pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

on Aug 30th, 2021, 9:18pm, DirkDiggler wrote:
Hello, In looking back at previous expansion, we allocated the new owner extra free agent picks. I would like to propose we make some sort of extra free agent pick for James as well cause realistically he will have three crap players to drop. It was ONLY for the first few weeks.  
 
The voting for Doug was to receive an extra free agent pick in the MIDDLE of the first round for the first 4 weeks.  
 
I would put up for discussion now (and voting on draft day):
 
Should James receive an extra FA pick?
 
If so, for how many weeks?
 
Should it be middle of the first round, end of the first round or somewhere else?

 
 
I would lean towards giving a UNTRADEABLE extra free agent pick for four weeks falling at the end of round 1. Give him a chance to drop 3 of the duds he may have.
 
This is directionally similar to what we did for Doug in the previous expansion. Also, in the previous voting, about half voted for giving him the extra picks for 3 weeks and half voted for 5 weeks, so the commish just split the difference at we settled at 4
« Last Edit: Aug 31st, 2021, 6:16pm by DirkDiggler » Logged

"Every rule has an exception....the exception can't become the rule"
DB
Fantasy Field General
GBRFLer
Champ - '95, '98, '08, '09, '10, '13, '15, '17, '19
*****
# 22



9X Ultimate Supreme Champion

   
View Profile

Posts: 782

Back to top

Re: Extra Free Agent Picks
« Reply #2 on: Aug 31st, 2021, 6:33pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

I do not think this is necessary. James understands that this is a building process. And I don't see the need for adding a FA pick. He is going to take 12 players who were probably borderline keepers and then he drafts through the 5th round and is done. Where do you see the need for 2+ drops? I don't see the need. It's not like he is loaded up with late draft picks. Plus, while it is fine to review the expansion rules we put in place, I am hesitant to change any rules on the fly, absent a very good reason to do so.
« Last Edit: Aug 31st, 2021, 6:34pm by DB » Logged
DirkDiggler
Gridiron Great
GBRFLer
Champ - '14, '23
*****
# 5





   
View Profile

Posts: 3322

Back to top

Re: Extra Free Agent Picks
« Reply #3 on: Sep 5th, 2021, 12:01pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

on Aug 31st, 2021, 6:33pm, DB wrote:
I do not think this is necessary. James understands that this is a building process. And I don't see the need for adding a FA pick. He is going to take 12 players who were probably borderline keepers and then he drafts through the 5th round and is done. Where do you see the need for 2+ drops? I don't see the need. It's not like he is loaded up with late draft picks. Plus, while it is fine to review the expansion rules we put in place, I am hesitant to change any rules on the fly, absent a very good reason to do so.

 
 
I dont think we are reviewing the rule changes on the fly. Thus why I threw it out there a couple days before the draft.  
 
In regards the extra free agent picks, who knows what his team will look like. If he doesn't need all three, then he wont use them. Another way of looking at is we are guaranteeing him the first pick of second round of free agency. A very minor advantage, but again, if he uses all 3 picks it allows him to reshape his team.
 
Finally, per my original message, I didn't just make this up. It was something we did in a previous expansion. His team is going to be ass compared to 8 other teams in this league.
« Last Edit: Sep 5th, 2021, 12:01pm by DirkDiggler » Logged

"Every rule has an exception....the exception can't become the rule"
Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer
Champ - '94, '99, '02, '04

*****




I love ''the Gridiron''!

   
View Profile WWW Email

Posts: 19639

Back to top

Re: Extra Free Agent Picks
« Reply #4 on: Sep 5th, 2021, 12:05pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Whose is the one team James's squad will not be ass compared to, Steve???
Logged
DirkDiggler
Gridiron Great
GBRFLer
Champ - '14, '23
*****
# 5





   
View Profile

Posts: 3322

Back to top

Re: Extra Free Agent Picks
« Reply #5 on: Sep 5th, 2021, 12:19pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

on Sep 5th, 2021, 12:05pm, Stegfucius wrote:
Whose is the one team James's squad will not be ass compared to, Steve???

 
 
Subtle huh??   Let the trash talking begin
Logged

"Every rule has an exception....the exception can't become the rule"
Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer
Champ - '94, '99, '02, '04

*****




I love ''the Gridiron''!

   
View Profile WWW Email

Posts: 19639

Back to top

Re: Extra Free Agent Picks
« Reply #6 on: Sep 5th, 2021, 12:42pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Well, in that case, let self-interest reign just for once for the Steg...  I am inclined not to support the proposal (sorry, James), but your trash talk remains for future reference... and locker-room speeches!
Logged
DirkDiggler
Gridiron Great
GBRFLer
Champ - '14, '23
*****
# 5





   
View Profile

Posts: 3322

Back to top

Re: Extra Free Agent Picks
« Reply #7 on: Sep 5th, 2021, 1:30pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

on Sep 5th, 2021, 12:42pm, Stegfucius wrote:
Well, in that case, let self-interest reign just for once for the Steg... I am inclined not to support the proposal (sorry, James), but your trash talk remains for future reference... and locker-room speeches!

 
Coming from the guy who finished in bottom 3, sadly I don't have much to say.
Logged

"Every rule has an exception....the exception can't become the rule"
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

Previous topic|Next topic

Fantasyfootballer.com's Gridiron » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.1!
YaBB 2000-2002,
Xnull. All Rights Reserved.

Most smilies provided by "MySmilies.com", "Jason's Smiley Collection" or "Clicksmilies.com".
"the Gridiron" Copyright 2002-2023 - Product of FantasyFootballer.com. All rights reserved.