In remembrance of 9/11/01

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Mar 29th, 2024, 6:05am EST

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members GamesGames Login Login Register Register
Fantasyfootballer.com's Gridiron Colts Offseason Report

"Welcome to 'the Gridiron'... Fantasy football at its best!"

LeagueStation.com               Co-commissioner Services

Lend a hand...  Make a contribution to help keep "the Gridiron @FantasyFootballer.com" up and independently running!!!
   Fantasyfootballer.com's Gridiron
   the Gridiron
   the Red Zone
(Moderators: Head Linesman, Replay Official, Field Judge, Referee, Back Judge, Umpire, Side Judge, Line Judge)
   Colts Offseason Report
Previous topic|Next topic
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Colts Offseason Report  (Read 1173 times)
Tony_O

Email

Colts Offseason Report
« on: Feb 19th, 2008, 7:06pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

The Colts "Tag" Clark.......

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3253867
Tony_O

Email

Re: Colts Offseason Report
« Reply #1 on: Feb 20th, 2008, 11:54pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

The Colts sign Clark....

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2008/football/nfl/wires/02/20/2020.ap.f bn.colts.clark.2nd.ld.writethru.0818/index.html
Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer
Champ - '94, '99, '02, '04

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #2 on: May 2nd, 2008, 10:38pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

I hope Marvin's really got nothing to do with this... Currently topping "The REAL Feed":

Police: Colts' Harrison interviewed about Philly shooting
SI.com: NFL (02.05.2008 21:52)
Callie
Gridiron Great
# 219

Go, Gridironettes!

calliewall  
View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #3 on: May 6th, 2008, 8:57pm »

NFL Network's Adam Schefter reports that the Colts are expected to reach an agreement with Dominic Rhodes on a contract.
Rotoworld
http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playerpages/player_main.aspx?sport=NFL& amp;hl=116052&id=1494

GM Bill Polian downplayed the possibility last week, but it looks like posturing now. Don't assume Rhodes is a lock to backup Joseph Addai, but he looks like the favorite over sixth-round pick Mike Hart, with Kenton Keith the likely odd man out. Whoever wins the backup job is going to be worth a late-round fantasy pick.

“If life gives you lemons make orange juice. Let the rest of the world figure out how you did it.”
Callie
Gridiron Great
# 219

Go, Gridironettes!

calliewall  
View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #4 on: May 7th, 2008, 5:50pm »

Rhodes deal done:

http://www.indystar.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080507/SPORTS03/805 07044/1100

“If life gives you lemons make orange juice. Let the rest of the world figure out how you did it.”
Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #5 on: Jun 16th, 2008, 8:56pm »

Update on Harrison sitch from "The REAL Feed":

Sources: DA wants deeper look into Harrison case
ESPN: NFL (16.06.2008 17:10)
The Philadelphia District Attorney's office has asked the city's police department to gather more evidence in the case involving the shooting outside Marvin Harrison's car wash and garage in North Philadelphia April 29th.

Does anybody really think this thing has teeth?  I mean... this is Marvin Harrison we're talking about...
Philly
UFF Primetime Prophet
# 29

Pay, I said pay attention, son.

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #6 on: Jun 17th, 2008, 8:01am »

on Jun 16th, 2008, 8:56pm, StegRock wrote:
Update on Harrison sitch from "The REAL Feed":

Sources: DA wants deeper look into Harrison case
ESPN: NFL (16.06.2008 17:10)
The Philadelphia District Attorney's office has asked the city's police department to gather more evidence in the case involving the shooting outside Marvin Harrison's car wash and garage in North Philadelphia April 29th.

Does anybody really think this thing has teeth?  I mean... this is Marvin Harrison we're talking about...

I think it does have teeth.  

I mean, c'mon, the gun (a rare one that is known for it's ability to pierce body armor!) is his and then it mysteriously shows up in a bucket at the car wash he owns? This is the same Marvin Harrison that was sued a few years back after he (allegedly) attacked some guys trying to get his autograph and (allegedly) put a choke hold on one of them. (I say allegedly because the case was never tried.) I know it's tempting to dismiss all of this because of the way Harrison carries himself on the field (and purportedly off the field as well), but stranger things have happened.

The thing to remember that in Pennsylvania, there's a law that implicates Harrison as the gun owner, even if he cannot be otherwise tied to the incident. District Atty Lynne Abraham is a tough one and she'll keep pressing the police to get the goods on this one whether he's involved or not.
Callie
Gridiron Great
# 219

Go, Gridironettes!

calliewall  
View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #7 on: Jun 18th, 2008, 1:55am »

New news has happened elsewhere in the league.  Harrison's saga could easily get buried.  That's how it works.

Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #8 on: Jun 18th, 2008, 5:00am »

on Jun 18th, 2008, 1:55am, Callie wrote:
New news has happened elsewhere in the league.
Philly
UFF Primetime Prophet
# 29

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #9 on: Jun 18th, 2008, 8:58am »

I'm sure it will get buried because of the timeliness of it, but once there are any new developments it will garner attention again.

While I think the thing does have teeth, I don't think "it" should have much affect on his fantasy value. I think Harrison, though, has already begun his decline (starting big-time with the injury last year) and the fact that Reggie Wayne has declared that he is Marvin now lends me to believe that the tide has clearly shifted in Indy (adding a lot of value to Anthony Gonzalez).
Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #10 on: Jun 18th, 2008, 5:54pm »

on Jun 18th, 2008, 8:58am, Philly wrote:
(adding a lot of value to Anthony Gonzalez).

Here, here...  And, contrary to Wayne's claim, I contend that, as Harrison was the early Manning's "Marvin", Gonzalez will be the later Manning's "Marvin".  That's not to say Wayne won't have GREAT numbers for some years to come, but it is Gonzalez who will (eventually,... soon) inherit Harrison's position... and all the benefits that come with it.
Philly
UFF Primetime Prophet
# 29

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #11 on: Jun 19th, 2008, 8:16am »

And who becomes the next Brandon Stokley in the offense?  

I'd recommend people keep their eyes on a little-known undrafted player from Canada named Samuel Giguere. The guy is a physical freak and is definitely underrated coming out of Quebec University. He looks like he could be an ideal slot received very much in the Stokley mode.
Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #12 on: Jun 19th, 2008, 6:22pm »

on Jun 19th, 2008, 8:16am, Philly wrote:
And who becomes the next Brandon Stokley in the offense?  

I'd recommend people keep their eyes on a little-known undrafted player from Canada named Samuel Giguere. The guy is a physical freak and is definitely underrated coming out of Quebec University. He looks like he could be an ideal slot received very much in the Stokley mode.

You know, Jeffy, that I don't always like your long-shots-to-show.  BUT, this one I like,... especially because of your analysis, not just of the talent of the player, but, more importantly, the player's fantasy situation. I think your take is... I know I will have my eyes peeled. Thanks!
Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #13 on: Jul 23rd, 2008, 6:20am »

Update on Harrison... from "The REAL Feed":

HARRISON EXPECTED TO BE FIT FOR CAMP
Sporting Life: NFL (23.07.2008 03:34)
Marvin Harrison will be ready to go when the Indianapolis Colts open training camp on Friday.
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

Previous topic|Next topic

Fantasyfootballer.com's Gridiron » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.1!
YaBB © 2000-2002,
Xnull. All Rights Reserved.

Most smilies provided by "MySmilies.com", "Jason's Smiley Collection" or "Clicksmilies.com".
"the Gridiron" Copyright © 2002-2023 - Product of FantasyFootballer.com. All rights reserved.