In remembrance of 9/11/01

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Apr 19th, 2024, 1:46pm EST

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members GamesGames Login Login Register Register
Fantasyfootballer.com's Gridiron the Gridiron Newsstand & The REAL Feed

"Welcome to 'the Gridiron'... Fantasy football at its best!"

LeagueStation.com               Co-commissioner Services

Lend a hand...  Make a contribution to help keep "the Gridiron @FantasyFootballer.com" up and independently running!!!
   Fantasyfootballer.com's Gridiron
   the Gridiron
   the Sidelines
(Moderators: Line Judge, Side Judge, Head Linesman, Replay Official, Referee, Field Judge, Back Judge, Umpire)
   the Gridiron Newsstand & The REAL Feed
Previous topic|Next topic
Pages: 1 2 3 4  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: the Gridiron Newsstand & The REAL Feed  (Read 9648 times)
Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer
Champ - '94, '99, '02, '04

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

Re: the Gridiron Newsstand & The REAL Feed
« Reply #50 on: Aug 8th, 2003, 9:37pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

on Jul 23rd, 2003, 6:36pm, StegRock wrote:
HELP WANTED!!  HELP WANTED!!  HELP WANTED!!  HELP WANTED!!  HELP WANTED!!

Well, fellas, you all are gonna' get another great chance to make a substantive difference on/contribution to "the Gridiron".  After much deliberation over a specific suggestion given me a bit back, which, again, had me thinking for quite some time, I believe I have come up with a great middle-ground idea that WILL make our newsstand that much better!

I am going to add FAN SITES to the current list of newspaper sites and official team sites, high-quality fan sites that is!  So, I would like your guys' input on this!  I am just going to go to a search engine and find them that way.  BUT, if there are certain ones that you guys are already familiar with or want to go out and find on your own and, of course, like, those are the ones I would rather add. For an example of the kind of fan site I am talking about, here is one for the Broncos:  http://www.orangemane.com/.  All in all, I plan to add 2 to 6 for each team, ideally, probably 4.  Given those parameters, I will then go by "first come, first serve".  So, you wanna' leave your mark on "the Gridiron" and make a difference, let me have it, or should I say, them.

This site may be "by me", but it is "for us", and I once again want to thank YOU ALL for ALL the help you guys have given me!  I am...

...Sincerely,
Steve Stegeman of "the Gridiron @ FantasyFootballer.com", the site where you can make a difference, maybe even the difference!

Well, I now know this is going to be a fairly big undertaking.  I have started it, though, and have finished the AFC East.  Any help would still be MUCH appreciated. In any event, while doing this I did run across a couple more sources to add to our "Big Media/General NFL News Sources" as you can see when you visit "the Gridiron Newsstand".  I hope they help and I am guessing that this job will be done sometime late next week or the week after.
« Last Edit: Aug 8th, 2003, 9:47pm by Stegfucius » Logged
FourTwoOh
Fantasy Field General
# 10

View Profile Email

« Reply #51 on: Aug 8th, 2003, 11:12pm »

The two Chiefs sites that come to mind right off are

www.chiefsplanet.com

The football board there is an all-topic type, meaning you'll get politics, music, etc as well as football, but very active.

Second, and a far cry from the planet, is

http://www.kansascity.com/mld/kansascity/sports/football/nfl/kansas_city _chiefs/

I list this one the way I have, because the actual message board is one of those mile long url's that has the look of a comic strip cuss word. The info to be had there is less sound at time, but good tidbits can be found quite frequently.

Chiefsplanet is the primecut choice of the two.

Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #52 on: Aug 9th, 2003, 12:17am »

on Aug 8th, 2003, 11:12pm, FourTwoOh wrote:
The two Chiefs sites that come to mind right off are

www.chiefsplanet.com

The football board there is an all-topic type, meaning you'll get politics, music, etc as well as football, but very active.

Second, and a far cry from the planet, is

http://www.kansascity.com/mld/kansascity/sports/football/nfl/kansas_city _chiefs/

I list this one the way I have, because the actual message board is one of those mile long url's that has the look of a comic strip cuss word. The info to be had there is less sound at time, but good tidbits can be found quite frequently.

Chiefsplanet is the primecut choice of the two.

Thanks for Chiefsplanet, 420!  That will definitely be a consideration as a "fan" site.  As for KansasCity.com, which is actually the on-line version of The Kansas City Star, that's already on "the Gridiron Newsstand"... has been since day one.  Some staffer should be knowing that!
« Last Edit: Aug 9th, 2003, 12:18am by Stegfucius » Logged
Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #53 on: Aug 9th, 2003, 12:40am »

Well, final update on this "fan sites" project for the night... Work on the AFC North is now also completed, so that's two divisions down.  Also, during the search, I stumbled on four more "news" sources, 1 each for the Bengals and Browns and 2 for the Steelers.  I also added four more sources to "The REAL Feed".  One of them is quite BIG and VERY present on the feed already.  Again, I hope you all enjoy it and find it all useful! Now, it's time for me to... See ya's on the morrow!
« Last Edit: Aug 9th, 2003, 12:42am by Stegfucius » Logged
Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #54 on: Aug 9th, 2003, 7:52pm »

WHEW!  I AM workin' it!  3 divisions down, just finished the AFC South!  In the process, I also found some more newspaper sources to add to the BEST, MOST COMPREHENSIVE and COMPACT FF newsstand goin', "the Gridiron Newsstand":  1 for the Panthers, 1 for the Seahawks, and 1 for the Raiders and 49ers. ENJOY!
« Last Edit: Aug 9th, 2003, 7:53pm by Stegfucius » Logged
Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #55 on: Aug 9th, 2003, 9:36pm »

Well, I surely hit the ground running here.  The "fan sites" project is really coming along...  The AFC West is now done and, thus, the whole AFC is behind me.  And, again, while hammering away on this, I came across more goodies for "the Gridiron Newsstand":  1 further newspaper source for the Chiefs, 2 more for the Raiders and 49ers, and 1 more "Big Media/General NFL News Sources".  I think I am going to punch in the card here and "take off" for the rest of the night.
Philly
UFF Primetime Prophet
# 29

Pay, I said pay attention, son.

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #56 on: Aug 10th, 2003, 12:04pm »

Keep up the good work Steg... it would be nice if some more people sent in the Fan Pages of their favorite teams to help you out.
Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #57 on: Aug 10th, 2003, 8:49pm »

You may have caught the other thread, but I wanted to make the announcement again here (as that thread was not a general announcement; it regarded a certain aspect of things)...

Your "ONE-STOP shop and HOME BASE for pro football info" just got better!  During my work on the "fan sites" project, I stumbled across a really nice amenity, ideal for "the Gridiron Newsstand", a sports ticker.  I think it is a great addition to that page.  It also represents the first addition to the site that could actually generate revenue,... but probably not.  It would take a TON of sign-ups before I would ever see a dime, figuratively, but also somewhat literally, speaking.  At any "rate", that's not why I added it.  Like everything else here, I think it's something I myself will enjoy and have occasion to use.  I just think it's a GREAT addition!  That's why I added it.  To be quite frank with all of you, I do not use any other site anymore.  Between "The REAL Feed", which seems REALLY HOT these days, primary-source corroboration by way of "the Gridiron Newsstand", and, of course, "the Gridiron" forum itself, I find that, for myself at least, anything more is redundant and an inefficient use of my time.  The rather unobtrusive addition of "the Gridiron Ticker" there just furthers/bolsters the utility/usefulness of that SINGLE page.  Anyway, in other "news", I also came across another newspaper resource to add; it's for the Eagles.  In any case, I hope all of you find all of this helpful, making your enjoyment of this wonderful hobby of ours just that much greater.
Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #58 on: Aug 11th, 2003, 12:28am »

Progress on the "fan sites" project is coming along!  The NFC East is now done. I also plucked up a few more newspapers for "the Gridiron Newsstand":  2 for the Eagles and 1 for the Redskins.  And, again, I hope you all like the sports ticker.
Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #59 on: Aug 15th, 2003, 1:06am »

Well, after losing four days to that damn virus, I got back on track tonight on the "fan sites" project.  Six down, two to go:  got the NFC North done tonight!  Got to be honest, though...  I was VERY disappointed in the fan sites for this division.  Besides the Packers, VERY, VERY WEAK... yes, including da' Bears!  With this project, I am cutting out the crap (unlike other sites that do this kind of thing, frankly speaking), but for the Lions, for example, I could only find ONE site "that I could even just justify listing", and it was a stretch.  It's one of the weakest of ALL the sites and it's the ONLY one for the Lions, and the situation wasn't all too different for the Bears and Vikings.

Anyway, plowin' ahead...  See ya's on the morrow!
BarnabyWilde
Gridiron Great
CBFL Champ - '04
# 24

Hey Rock!Watch me pull the Gridiron out of my hat!

nygiants4life56   bpbagwell
View Profile Email

« Reply #60 on: Aug 15th, 2003, 9:27am »

Here are a few Giant ones...

http://giants.theinsiders.com/

http://www.allsports.com/nfl/giants/

http://www.bigblueinteractive.com/

New York Giants...WORLD CHAMPS!!!!
Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #61 on: Aug 15th, 2003, 11:15am »

on Aug 15th, 2003, 9:27am, BarnabyWilde wrote:
Here are a few Giant ones...

http://giants.theinsiders.com/

http://www.allsports.com/nfl/giants/

http://www.bigblueinteractive.com/

BW, THANKS for bringing these to my attention! "BigBlueInteractive.com" has been added to my list.

Regarding the other two, and this is something everyone should be aware of, I am only going to include "independent", i.e. "completely independently-run", fan sites.  The fan pages at "theInsiders.com" and "AllSports.com" are not really completely independent and, in any event, those two sites along with sites like "FanStop.com" and "NFLFans.com", which also host fan pages, are linked to on "the Gridiron Newsstand" in the "Big Media/General NFL News Sources" section.

So, if any of you are still thinking of submitting sites, PLEASE keep that in mind!  Thank you!
Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #62 on: Aug 17th, 2003, 1:52am »

Got the NFC South done tonight!  Quality... , besides the Buccaneers of course!  How predictable?  Probably only half of them (not of the ones I "selectively" chose, though) will be in existence two years from now. Overall, not as bad as the North, at least! Anyway, SEVEN divisions down; only ONE to go!

Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #63 on: Aug 17th, 2003, 8:26pm »

The NFC West is DONE!  As such, the research phase of the "Fan Sites" project is DONE! And, I must say, the fan web sites for NFC West teams, overall, were excellent! This will all be up sometime this week,... only the best of the best, so stay tuned. ... Whew!
PrimeTime
Fantasy Field General
Fmr. CBFLer
Champ - '06
# 169

How 'bout them Cowboys!!!

View Profile

« Reply #64 on: Aug 20th, 2003, 9:55pm »

Where do you find the time Steg?  Is there really three poeple posting as StegRock?
Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #65 on: Aug 20th, 2003, 10:49pm »

on Aug 20th, 2003, 9:55pm, PrimeTime wrote:
Where do you find the time Steg?  Is there really three poeple posting as StegRock?

A "Trinity" reference...  Talk about stroking my psychotic, megalomaniacal side! ...

In all seriousness, PT, suffice it to say that I make A LOT of BIG sacrifices to live life on my terms and not "the machine's". I also get much enjoyment from spreading around happiness and brightening people's days and giving them something to look forward to, even if it is just something small. Bottom line, looking forward to "something" is what makes life worth living.  Hope and anticipation is what it all really boils down to.  When they're gone, it's all over; without hope and anticipation, one('s soul) really is dead. ...  It's not really the BMW itself that creates true happiness; it is the hope of having one, the hope that it fulfills your expectations, the hope of driving it another day.

Hence, my absolute disgust when I encounter a "'hopeless', mean spirit" around this place, an environment for which I ask little to nothing in return for providing.  All I ask is just be cool, pay attention to and be considerate and respectful of others and what I am trying to achieve here, which is "all good", ultimately. 8)
Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #66 on: Aug 24th, 2003, 9:31pm »

Fellaz,

The "Fan Sites" project on "the Gridiron Newsstand" has finally been completed.  I hope you all find the additional links useful and the slightly new look enjoyable.

Based on feedback I have gotten over time, I am considering taking one further step to making the page even more user-friendly.  We'll see.  I actually will probably do a sample first and ask for your guys' valuable input and then see if it is a project actually worth taking on as it will be quite time-consuming.  So, be on the lookout if you want your opinion to count.

Again, enjoy the new BEEFED-UP newsstand, everybody!

Over and Out,
Steg
Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #67 on: Mar 5th, 2004, 1:01pm »

Hey, Fellas!

Just spent some time workin' on "The REAL Feed".  I added a few sources, a COUPLE HUGE ones, one compilation, the other a MAJOR Sports News source, which any one of you who frequents "the Gridiron Newsstand & The REAL Feed" should immediately notice.  I also got our "headline descriptions" back workin', so "The REAL Feed" can once again function as a more standalone product.  Lastly, I noticed that NewsKnowledge added "Forums" to their list of categories of news sources.  I am going to look into getting "the Gridiron @ FantasyFootballer.com" (including our fantasy articles page, Jeff and Jim ) added to that.  Well, I just wanted to give you guys an update on all this.

Over and Out,
Steve Steg
Your Friendly (or not so friendly ) Neighborhood Admin
Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #68 on: Mar 9th, 2004, 12:06am »

Just updatin' ya'll...  Added another local source to "the Gridiron Newsstand" that covers both the 49ers and Raiders.  ENJOY! Information is power!  Information from the horse's mouth is straight butta! ...
Philly
UFF Primetime Prophet
# 29

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #69 on: Mar 9th, 2004, 8:29am »

Nice work Steg.  The site just keeps getting better and better.

Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #70 on: Apr 28th, 2004, 4:04pm »

Just bumpin'... and grindin' away!  Wanted to remind you guys that (primary) sources are always being added to "the Gridiron Newsstand" and "The REAL Feed".  If you ever have a recommendation for an addition, fellas, please post it... right here!
Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #71 on: Jun 14th, 2005, 6:50pm »

Fellas, I don't know if you all have been noticin', but "The REAL Feed" has been BOUNCIN' today.  News corroborated by multiple sources, most importantly by LOCAL sources in many cases, with nice meaty summaries available right at a glance...  Every time I let it refresh (on its own), at least one new news item is at the top.  It's off the hizzle.  Supplementing "The REAL Feed" with "the Gridiron Newsstand" for a little further diggin' is just about all an avid fantasy footballer needs (it's pretty much all this 16-year vet uses).  Both resources are available with one click on the following link:

http://www.fantasyfootballer.com/newsstand.htm.

Just updatin'!
Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #72 on: Apr 14th, 2006, 4:18pm »

Guys, I just added a local source from "The REAL Feed" to "the Gridiron Newsstand" for the Carolina Panthers (that I just cited in a post up in "the Red Zone").  In doing so, I also cleaned up the links for the Panthers' sources on the Newsstand.  Along these lines, as far as lending me a "substantive" hand around the joint, IN ORDER OF PRIORITY:  when you find yourself with some spare time, it would be a BIG help to me to 1) sift through the Newsstand looking for faulty links and if you find any, look for and send me the correct URL or let me know if the source no longer exists; 2) search the net for LOCAL sources not on the Newsstand and, at least, pay regular attention to the LOCAL sources that appear on "The REAL Feed" and make sure at least those are on the Newsstand.  I encourage you all to coordinate your efforts and work together.  That's the way to go, actually. It's a good way to get to know one another (in a meaningful way), too. Over and out!
« Last Edit: Apr 14th, 2006, 4:24pm by Stegfucius » Logged
Philly
UFF Primetime Prophet
# 29

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #73 on: Apr 15th, 2006, 10:24pm »

Eagles:

Newspaper #5 - Dead Link... here's the new one:
http://www.courierpostonline.com/apps/pbcs.dll/section?Category=SPORTS02 &template=weekly

Newspaper #8 - Dead Link... here's the new one:
http://www.pressofatlanticcity.com/sports/pro/nfl/eagles/index.html

Fan Site #4 - Site Closed... here's a replacement:
http://www.eaglesreport.com/

Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #74 on: Apr 15th, 2006, 10:31pm »

WELL done, Jeff! It's already all polished up according to your suggestions... Thanks a bunch, bro!
Pages: 1 2 3 4  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

Previous topic|Next topic

Fantasyfootballer.com's Gridiron » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.1!
YaBB © 2000-2002,
Xnull. All Rights Reserved.

Most smilies provided by "MySmilies.com", "Jason's Smiley Collection" or "Clicksmilies.com".
"the Gridiron" Copyright © 2002-2023 - Product of FantasyFootballer.com. All rights reserved.