In remembrance of 9/11/01

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Apr 29th, 2024, 9:38am EST

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members GamesGames Login Login Register Register
Fantasyfootballer.com's Gridiron 2008 Season Trade Thread

"Welcome to 'the Gridiron'... Fantasy football at its best!"

LeagueStation.com               Co-commissioner Services

Lend a hand...  Make a contribution to help keep "the Gridiron @FantasyFootballer.com" up and independently running!!!
   Fantasyfootballer.com's Gridiron
   Featured Leagues
   GBRFL
(Moderator: Stegfucius)
   2008 Season Trade Thread
Previous topic|Next topic
Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: 2008 Season Trade Thread  (Read 2610 times)
DB
Fantasy Field General
GBRFLer
Champ - '95, '98, '08, '09, '10, '13, '15, '17, '19
# 22

9X Ultimate Supreme Champion

View Profile

Re: 2008 Season Trade Thread
« Reply #25 on: Oct 6th, 2008, 9:45pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

At first this seems like crazy shit until you realize Mark has Addai, Turner, Forte, and McFadden and so Tomlinson is not only on the downslide but was arguably getting in the way.  Colston is arguably the second best young receiver after Fitzgerald.  Mark trading his first for a spot is like trading a late first for a mid second.  

Can't blame Joe for pulling the trigger, especially with Colston out....he got a good deal ...  but for the future this is not as lopsided as it looks.

As for ...

Quote:
Really? My team eats ass, that is good deal Joe, Mark help the brother out. I need help everywhere and then some starting with no one once again being injuried. That sums up my last 4 years in this league, yes, that is an excuse and true. I am open for anything that may improve my shit team as far as a trade

This is truly the ramblings of a madman.
« Last Edit: Oct 6th, 2008, 9:47pm by DB » Logged
Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer
Champ - '94, '99, '02, '04

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #26 on: Oct 7th, 2008, 2:26pm »

(Smiley enhanced.)

on Oct 6th, 2008, 9:45pm, DB wrote:
This is truly the ramblings of a madman.
Drew Rosenhaus
GM
GBRFLer
Champ - '93, '03, '07, '12, '18, '22
# 54

View Profile

« Reply #27 on: Oct 7th, 2008, 4:02pm »

I am surprised my trade did not create more chatter here.

Just kidding of course. The bottom line - we will see. I may have paid too much but it's one that we will have to measure down the road. Knee-jerk is no way to go through life, son (paraphrased, Animal House).

on Oct 6th, 2008, 2:47pm, IbdFunk wrote:
Really? My team eats ass, that is good deal Joe, Mark help the brother out. I need help everywhere and then some starting with no one once again being injuried. That sums up my last 4 years in this league, yes, that is an excuse and true. I am open for anything that may improve my shit team as far as a trade

This is truly the ramblings of a madman.   -  DB

One of the funniest exchanges I have seen.

She turned me into a newt!
A newt?
I got better. Burn her anyway!
Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer
Champ - '94, '99, '02, '04

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #28 on: Oct 10th, 2008, 2:29am »

Well, it must be that through five weeks Tomlinson is having a WAAAY worse year than last year...  Not really...  Well, at least, through five weeks he must be doing worse than last year...  NOPE!  Ah,... I see the wisdom...

In all seriousness, I think Markie moved Tomlinson at just the right time.  I just think he could have gotten a little more/given a little less.  I think the first-round pick was unnecessary.  But, he did get the protection spot.  It's a close call.  There is a certain wisdom to the deal on Mark's side.

I would be wary of DB's commentary, though, Markie.  He will, I'm sure, be one of your main challengers this year for the championship.  In this light, he does preface that "for the future this is not as lopsided as it looks," i.e., "for NOW it's totally lopsided and a great (wink, wink) deal." ... Nice, D!!!
DB
Fantasy Field General
GBRFLer
Champ - '95, '98, '08, '09, '10, '13, '15, '17, '19
# 22

9X Ultimate Supreme Champion

View Profile

« Reply #29 on: Oct 10th, 2008, 10:11am »

I was just putting the deal into context.  But, yes, I am hoping to make a run and I suppose I was somewhat happy that Mark gave up a potentially great player (although he is not playing like a great player) for an injured dude.  My Monday morning QB analysis won't change anything ... but for Frank and Pak, the 2nd and 3rd place teams ... and any other team that hopes to make a run ... I guess it can be said that for the present it is good (for them) to see the 1st place team shake things up and putting his RB position in the hands of unproven talent.  As Mark said, time will tell on this one.
DirkDiggler
Gridiron Great
GBRFLer
Champ - '14, '23
# 5

View Profile

« Reply #30 on: Oct 26th, 2008, 12:55pm »

Warner gets:

Mark's 2nd rnd f/a pick

Mark gets:

Warner's week 9 2nd rnd f/a pick

"Every rule has an exception....the exception can't become the rule"
Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

Previous topic|Next topic

Fantasyfootballer.com's Gridiron » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.1!
YaBB © 2000-2002,
Xnull. All Rights Reserved.

Most smilies provided by "MySmilies.com", "Jason's Smiley Collection" or "Clicksmilies.com".
"the Gridiron" Copyright © 2002-2023 - Product of FantasyFootballer.com. All rights reserved.