In remembrance of 9/11/01

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 1st, 2024, 11:23pm EST

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members GamesGames Login Login Register Register
Fantasyfootballer.com's Gridiron Burress??

"Welcome to 'the Gridiron'... Fantasy football at its best!"

LeagueStation.com               Co-commissioner Services

Lend a hand...  Make a contribution to help keep "the Gridiron @FantasyFootballer.com" up and independently running!!!
   Fantasyfootballer.com's Gridiron
   the Gridiron
   the Red Zone
(Moderators: Umpire, Line Judge, Referee, Side Judge, Back Judge, Field Judge, Head Linesman, Replay Official)
   Burress??
Previous topic|Next topic
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Burress??  (Read 512 times)
Mossaholic
Head Coach
# 44

View Profile

Burress??
« on: Sep 10th, 2002, 11:11am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Did I miss something cause I thought Ward and Burress were the 1 and 2 recievers in Pitt. Kordell only looked Burress's way about two times.  Randle El got a lot more looks and touches than Burress. I know it is the first game against a tough Pats D but should this be expected every game ???? I'm not in panic mode about Burress either just looking for some insight.  I'm more worried about the ability of the QB to get the ball to Burress.

“I might have to lobby the league to get an extra ball thrown in there during games. We only have one ball to go around, and we a have a lot of guys who want it. That’s a good thing.”
bgsgfan
Red Zone Master
GBRFL2er
CBFL Champ - '03
# 18

He ain't on the all-time list because he's pretty.

View Profile

Re: Burress??
« Reply #1 on: Sep 10th, 2002, 12:56pm »

Last year's performance by Burress was set up by Hines Ward in the beginning of the season.  With Ward's performance, teams could not double Burress and sometimes even single coverred him.  Its hard to tell from TV coverage and listening to the Pittsburgh homers broadcast, but I assume the Pats game planned to stop Burress.

Another thing to watch out for is Burress's inconsistency.  Going back to his MSU days, he would explode for some games and disappear on others.  As he matures he should get more consistent, but he isn't there yet (as shown by his continued bone-head plays).

Bottom line: Burress will be there over the long haul for you.  He may not have the top-5 numbers some predicted for him this season but he should be slightly improved over last season.

11/20/04 - Buckeyes salvage season by stomping that team from up north. (Posted 11/14/04)
Venom
Water Boy
# 19

Happy! Happy! Joy! Joy!

View Profile

« Reply #2 on: Sep 10th, 2002, 1:13pm »

Burress would've had a touchdown with a couple more inches of grass. No reason to panic yet. Look at the bright side, if Kordell continues his crappy play, Tommy Maddox will certainly get Plax the ball.  
ugley
GM
# 52

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile Email

« Reply #3 on: Sep 10th, 2002, 1:56pm »

Hope you guys are right.  I feel pretty much screwed at wr. so far with Harrison,Plax,D.Jax,Coles and Warrick in my stable.  Just hope week 1 was an abberation.  

I was framed, I never do nothin wrong but every time I get the blame, I was framed!!!!!
Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer
Champ - '94, '99, '02, '04

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #4 on: Sep 11th, 2002, 4:03am »

on Sep 10th, 2002, 12:56pm, bgsgfan wrote:
Last year's performance by Burress was set up by Hines Ward in the beginning of the season.  With Ward's performance, teams could not double Burress and sometimes even single coverred him.  Its hard to tell from TV coverage and listening to the Pittsburgh homers broadcast, but I assume the Pats game planned to stop Burress.

Another thing to watch out for is Burress's inconsistency.  Going back to his MSU days, he would explode for some games and disappear on others.  As he matures he should get more consistent, but he isn't there yet (as shown by his continued bone-head plays).

Bottom line: Burress will be there over the long haul for you.  He may not have the top-5 numbers some predicted for him this season but he should be slightly improved over last season.

I don't even need to write my thoughts as they are "encapsuled" (thank God, no Steggie ramblings) here quite well.
DirkDiggler
Gridiron Great
GBRFLer
Champ - '14, '23
# 5

View Profile

« Reply #5 on: Sep 11th, 2002, 3:09pm »

I could give you my prophetic waxings on the Steelers (lack of) offense, but I will spare you.  There whole team is so inconsistant week to week that I would not touch any of their players unless in a dynasty league.

The one thing to remember when talking about Pittsburghs WR's is that Kordell is throwing to them.   This is the same QB who gets booed on a regular basis.  The same man who should not be starting in the NFL.

"Every rule has an exception....the exception can't become the rule"
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

Previous topic|Next topic

Fantasyfootballer.com's Gridiron » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.1!
YaBB © 2000-2002,
Xnull. All Rights Reserved.

Most smilies provided by "MySmilies.com", "Jason's Smiley Collection" or "Clicksmilies.com".
"the Gridiron" Copyright © 2002-2023 - Product of FantasyFootballer.com. All rights reserved.