In remembrance of 9/11/01

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 1st, 2024, 3:45pm EST

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members GamesGames Login Login Register Register
Fantasyfootballer.com's Gridiron I'll be away from my desk

"Welcome to 'the Gridiron'... Fantasy football at its best!"

LeagueStation.com               Co-commissioner Services

Lend a hand...  Make a contribution to help keep "the Gridiron @FantasyFootballer.com" up and independently running!!!
   Fantasyfootballer.com's Gridiron
   the Gridiron
   the Sidelines
(Moderators: Field Judge, Line Judge, Side Judge, Back Judge, Referee, Umpire, Replay Official, Head Linesman)
   I'll be away from my desk
Previous topic|Next topic
Pages: 1 2  Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: I'll be away from my desk  (Read 3228 times)
steelkings

Email

I'll be away from my desk
« on: Jun 30th, 2006, 7:00am »

I thought I might start a thread for people to notify the gridiron faithful of absents due to vacation, desolation, isolation or whatever. An example would be:

I'll be gone to Washington D.C to do some scuba diving in the Smithsonian parking lot this weekend and will be away from my computer.
« Last Edit: Jul 1st, 2006, 8:31pm by Stegfucius » Logged
steelkings

Email

Re: I'll be away from my desk
« Reply #1 on: Jun 30th, 2006, 7:19am »

I will be on vacation in the hills of northwestern Pennsylvania July 1st through the 4th. Due to spam, I'm planning on having at very least 450 rotten emails to sift through when I get back. See you then. Have a safe 4th.  

Purhaps Mordicai  will give us some safety tips on how not to blow off any fingers or start any fires this week. Ready your HMO's, I can hear the fire trucks a com'in.
BarnabyWilde
Gridiron Great
CBFL Champ - '04
# 24

Hey Rock!Watch me pull the Gridiron out of my hat!

nygiants4life56   bpbagwell
View Profile Email

« Reply #2 on: Jun 30th, 2006, 1:04pm »

I just returned from vacation. Went to Vegas and lost some money, but overall had a good time.

New York Giants...WORLD CHAMPS!!!!
MordecaiCourage

Email

« Reply #3 on: Jun 30th, 2006, 2:46pm »

on Jun 30th, 2006, 1:04pm, BarnabyWilde wrote:
I just returned from vacation. Went to Vegas and lost some money, but overall had a good time.

VEGAS!!!! You lucky dawg. I just returned from camp..where I got to share a room with 21 girl crazy, fart joking, prank pulling, non-showering, non-teeth brushing, multi-question asking, non-sleeping 4th grade boys. It was a great time.  
Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer
Champ - '94, '99, '02, '04

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #4 on: Jul 1st, 2006, 8:40pm »

Don't think we needed a "thread" for this...  Head honcho here is gone,... and a post up in "the Bleachers" is good enough for him... http://www.fantasyfootballer.com/cgi-bin/theGridiron/YaBB.cgi?board=58;a ction=display;num=1099666483;start=175.  Guess I'm "not" the only self-important one around here... In any event, this thread does fit the board description for "the Sidelines",... so I'll let 'er roll...  In that spirit,... I probably will not be back with any regularity or frequency until we get settled in our new digs, I would suspect in about a week or so, and I won't be really back until July 12th, when we are currently scheduled to have our cable and internet reconnected.  Okay...  Over and out...
« Last Edit: Jul 1st, 2006, 8:54pm by Stegfucius » Logged
Callie
Gridiron Great
# 219

Go, Gridironettes!

calliewall  
View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #5 on: Jul 1st, 2006, 10:07pm »

I like this thread.  Yesterday I tracked down an owner in a league we're drafting now because I knew she hadn't been around and the draft order had changed due to hosting site problems.  Turned out she was on vacation and didn't know she was up and out of time (long clock, people all over the world).  She had the first overall pick, and I had the second.  She got the guy I wanted because I made it happen, but it turned out fair and square.  No fun to win on a juke.

I'll be away in early September, but it probably won't mean anything except less team news and reports.

BTW, MC - you are one hell of a man.

“If life gives you lemons make orange juice. Let the rest of the world figure out how you did it.”
Tony_O

Email

« Reply #6 on: Jul 4th, 2006, 12:19pm »

Like my brother MC, I am heading to my church's summer camp to be a counselor for the next four days. There will be between 150 and 175 kids.......Thankfully, I am only directly responsible for 8 of them. Please pray for my "safe" return!!!!!
MordecaiCourage

Email

« Reply #7 on: Aug 12th, 2006, 1:41am »

I'll be out for an extended weekend..taking my rough and tumblers camping  , boating   and fishing  one last time before school starts on the 16th...see you all Tuesday..
« Last Edit: Aug 12th, 2006, 1:45am by MordecaiCourage » Logged
Philly
UFF Primetime Prophet
# 29

Pay, I said pay attention, son.

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #8 on: Aug 12th, 2006, 9:23pm »

I'm actually checking in tonight from State College, PA. (We're taking our time driving out to South Bend, IN, by way of Canton, OH, over the course of 8 days.) No sign of JoePa though...
Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #9 on: Aug 12th, 2006, 10:06pm »

What are you headed out to South Bend for (if you can divulge)?  And, are you hitting the Hall of Fame on the way out or back?
Philly
UFF Primetime Prophet
# 29

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #10 on: Aug 13th, 2006, 9:25pm »

on Aug 12th, 2006, 10:06pm, StegRock wrote:
What are you headed out to South Bend for (if you can divulge)?  And, are you hitting the Hall of Fame on the way out or back?

I can divulge. Just visiting an aunt and uncle of mine. I see them every couple years or so, but I haven't been out to visit them at their place since I was 2 years old, and I don't remember any of it.

We're hitting the HoF on the way back (so we'll be there on Friday).

We're in Cleveland right now... did the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame today. It was OK... nothing exceptional though. We're heading to Ann Arbor, MI, tomorrow to poke around the U of M some before finally landing in South Bend on Tuesday.
« Last Edit: Aug 13th, 2006, 9:26pm by Philly » Logged
DirkDiggler
Gridiron Great
GBRFLer
Champ - '14, '23
# 5

View Profile

« Reply #11 on: Aug 13th, 2006, 10:07pm »

on Aug 13th, 2006, 9:25pm, Philly wrote:

I can divulge. Just visiting an aunt and uncle of mine. I see them every couple years or so, but I haven't been out to visit them at their place since I was 2 years old, and I don't remember any of it.

We're hitting the HoF on the way back (so we'll be there on Friday).

We're in Cleveland right now... did the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame today. It was OK... nothing exceptional though. We're heading to Ann Arbor, MI, tomorrow to poke around the U of M some before finally landing in South Bend on Tuesday.

Mishawaka is where it is really happening in Northern Indiana.  Want to visit a Target, Car Dealership, or Ihop.....go to Mishawaka!!!  

Have fun with your aunt and uncle.  We could be ralated because I am related to half of the town of South Bend in someway or another. (that is what happens when your mom comes a family of 12 and both her parents were from huge families)

Anyway, enjoy the College Hall of Fame!!!
« Last Edit: Aug 13th, 2006, 10:08pm by DirkDiggler » Logged

"Every rule has an exception....the exception can't become the rule"
steelkings

Email

« Reply #12 on: Aug 14th, 2006, 6:57am »

Quote:
Want to visit a Target, Car Dealership, or Ihop.....go to Mishawaka!!!    

You can get a great deal on a snow shovel too!

Quote:
Have fun with your aunt and uncle.  We could be ralated because I am related to half of the town of South Bend in someway or another. (that is what happens when your mom comes a family of 12 and both her parents were from huge families)  

Isnt that South Bend KENTUCKY you are speaking of ?
MordecaiCourage

Email

« Reply #13 on: Aug 14th, 2006, 9:21pm »

on Aug 12th, 2006, 1:41am, MordecaiCourage wrote:
I'll be out for an extended weekend..taking my rough and tumblers camping  , boating   and fishing  one last time before school starts on the 16th...see you all Tuesday..

I'm back...........refreshed , recharged, ready to go!!!!!!!
DirkDiggler
Gridiron Great
GBRFLer
Champ - '14, '23
# 5

View Profile

« Reply #14 on: Aug 15th, 2006, 9:28pm »

I will be in the great state of Pennsylvania taking my kids to Sesame Place the next few days.........

Philly
UFF Primetime Prophet
# 29

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #15 on: Aug 19th, 2006, 2:00pm »

I'm back...

Went from Cleveland to Ann Arbor to check out UM and the area.  Then hit Osceola, IN (a stone's throw from Mishawaka) where my relatives live. I have a lot of family that was based in South Bend, Mishawaka, Osceola, and the surrounding areas. Had a great time there for three days. Went to the Pro Football HoF yesterday on the drive home. I loved it and could've spent a lot more time there than I did.
Callie
Gridiron Great
# 219

Go, Gridironettes!

calliewall  
View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #16 on: Sep 6th, 2006, 11:19am »

I'll be gone for a week starting Thursday and will have no internet and very little football.  

I expect to be back in time to post my team reports on Friday.  After that,  things should finally be back to normal.

Have a good Week One! (Unless you're playing me.   )

“If life gives you lemons make orange juice. Let the rest of the world figure out how you did it.”
DirkDiggler
Gridiron Great
GBRFLer
Champ - '14, '23
# 5

View Profile

« Reply #17 on: Sep 7th, 2006, 12:31pm »

GOING TO VEGAS!!!!!!

Leaving tomorrow to do some gambling and some sports betting.  

What a great place to catch opening weekend!!!

Callie
Gridiron Great
# 219

Go, Gridironettes!

calliewall  
View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #18 on: Sep 19th, 2006, 3:57pm »

Well, I'm back.  Mostly.

I'm busy catching up on a lot of stuff, so I may be a little lean for a day or two.  But that should be the end of it.  

Philly
UFF Primetime Prophet
# 29

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #19 on: Sep 20th, 2006, 1:32pm »

on Sep 7th, 2006, 12:31pm, DirkDiggler wrote:
GOING TO VEGAS!!!!!!

Leaving tomorrow to do some gambling and some sports betting.  

What a great place to catch opening weekend!!!

Hey DD... you never told us... how did you make out in Vegas?

(I'm guessing you're going to invoke the old "What happens in Vegas, stays in Vegas" rule... or, in your case, "What's bet in Vegas, stays in Vegas!")
« Last Edit: Sep 20th, 2006, 1:32pm by Philly » Logged
Philly
UFF Primetime Prophet
# 29

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #20 on: Sep 20th, 2006, 1:33pm »

on Sep 19th, 2006, 3:57pm, Callie wrote:
Well, I'm back.  Mostly.

I'm busy catching up on a lot of stuff, so I may be a little lean for a day or two.  But that should be the end of it.  

Welcome back Callie!  Looking forward to your Niners writeup this weekend (for more reasons than one)!
Walker Boh
Fantasy Field General
# 34

It's ELWAY or the highway.

walkerboh74   joskojw
View Profile

« Reply #21 on: Oct 7th, 2006, 10:42am »

Hey Guys, I just got off the phone with Steg. It's 4:30 in the morning his time, and he's been up all night dealing with a computer problem. He's doing his best to get it going, working with tech support and what not, but needless to say he won't be around much this weekend.
The_Dog
Head Coach
# 351

Fear Me

View Profile

« Reply #22 on: Oct 7th, 2006, 3:53pm »

Thanks for the update Boh.......Our thoughts with be with him in his time of trouble

It's a dog eat dog world out there.
Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #23 on: Oct 8th, 2006, 5:24am »

Thanks for going out of your way during your busy family weekend, Jamo, and getting that post up. Steg is back up and running.
DirkDiggler
Gridiron Great
GBRFLer
Champ - '14, '23
# 5

View Profile

« Reply #24 on: Oct 15th, 2006, 1:59pm »

Steg just experienced an Earthquake in Hawaii. Good news is that he and his wife are fine.  Bad news is he has no pwer and no telling when he will.....

Pages: 1 2  Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

Previous topic|Next topic

Fantasyfootballer.com's Gridiron » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.1!
YaBB © 2000-2002,
Xnull. All Rights Reserved.

Most smilies provided by "MySmilies.com", "Jason's Smiley Collection" or "Clicksmilies.com".
"the Gridiron" Copyright © 2002-2023 - Product of FantasyFootballer.com. All rights reserved.