In remembrance of 9/11/01

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Apr 30th, 2024, 8:34pm EST

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members GamesGames Login Login Register Register
Fantasyfootballer.com's Gridiron What is wrong with the Raider Nation?

"Welcome to 'the Gridiron'... Fantasy football at its best!"

LeagueStation.com               Co-commissioner Services

Lend a hand...  Make a contribution to help keep "the Gridiron @FantasyFootballer.com" up and independently running!!!
   Fantasyfootballer.com's Gridiron
   the Gridiron
   the Sidelines
(Moderators: Umpire, Side Judge, Back Judge, Head Linesman, Field Judge, Line Judge, Referee, Replay Official)
   What is wrong with the Raider Nation?
Previous topic|Next topic
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: What is wrong with the Raider Nation?  (Read 564 times)
Oakland4life
GM
# 426

"The Dark Side is Within You"

Red5+R2D2
View Profile Email

What is wrong with the Raider Nation?
« on: Oct 23rd, 2006, 1:54am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Im sitting on the couch enjoying my teams FIRST VICTORY and I decide to break out my fathers day gift.  A Madden '95 plug and play  

Anyway, Im in week 7 playing against the Dolphins, then I start to remember back in '94.  "That was the year Art Shell got fired!!"  

Anyway, I quickly went to the computer to do a little digging and found this VERY spot on article from SFGate.com.  http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/blogs/sfgate/detail?blogid=11&entry_id =3939

This thread was started back in March of this year, obviously way before their current 1-5 slump.  But it seems to be ringing truth now, thats for sure.
« Last Edit: Oct 23rd, 2006, 2:02am by Oakland4life » Logged

QB Mcnabb, Warner
RB- LT2, F. Gore, S. Young, K. Keith
RC- Ocho Cinco, G. Jennings, K. Curtis, J. Jerevicous
TE Gonzo, V. Davis
D- Redskins/ ST Bears
Callie
Gridiron Great
# 219

Go, Gridironettes!

calliewall  
View Profile WWW Email

Re: What is wrong with the Raider Nation?
« Reply #1 on: Oct 24th, 2006, 1:35am »

I feel your pain, O4L.  But think about what it used to mean to be a Raider.  The discipline came from players who needed something that no one else could give them.  That was the source of the mystique.  A true story is that a lot of players said that they never felt at home anywhere in their lives until they were Raiders.  And now Shell is willing to bench a guy with the talent of Jerry Porter to establish something.  I'm for it.  (I like Curry anyway.)  

And lately Gallery is the guy getting the penalties.  He's essentially on the level of a rook.  He'll learn, and he has the talent to be worth it.  And yes, we still have O-line problems.  But in Week 7 things seemed to start to jell (except for Gallery, who I happen to believe will build and be good in time, like I said).  

I also believe that Walter is our QB of the future.  He showed what he can do behind an at least half-way decent O-line against an under-rated D, and with very little experience by Week 7.  And boy, does he have potential weapons!

BTW - The rumor that I heard (the source is not official enough to make it anything more than a rumor) is that OC Walsh was not the guy making the O calls in Week 7 - in his usual place or not.  I don't know enough to say more, but things were different!

So far, I am four-square behind Coach Shell.

Oh, yeah.  Did I mention our building LB's and secondary?  

“If life gives you lemons make orange juice. Let the rest of the world figure out how you did it.”
Oakland4life
GM
# 426

"The Dark Side is Within You"

Red5+R2D2
View Profile Email

« Reply #2 on: Oct 24th, 2006, 1:46am »

I will honestly admit, I didn't get to watch the game, but, I ACTUALLY dressed up in my jersey, cap, socks, etc.. in projection of a win.  And it SOOO paid off, I'm wearing my jersey every sunday now    

But, watching and listening to the game, I could sense something was way different.  When I attended the home game in Oakland against Clevelend, I could "sense" we were still losing the game.  I can't explaing it.  But it was there.  That didn't happen this Sunday.  I hope this is a change for the better, because, honestly, we could still pull it off the way the AFC is shaking up right now.  

QB Mcnabb, Warner
RB- LT2, F. Gore, S. Young, K. Keith
RC- Ocho Cinco, G. Jennings, K. Curtis, J. Jerevicous
TE Gonzo, V. Davis
D- Redskins/ ST Bears
Callie
Gridiron Great
# 219

Go, Gridironettes!

calliewall  
View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #3 on: Oct 24th, 2006, 2:02am »

http://www.insidebayarea.com/sports/ci_4535291

“If life gives you lemons make orange juice. Let the rest of the world figure out how you did it.”
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

Previous topic|Next topic

Fantasyfootballer.com's Gridiron » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.1!
YaBB © 2000-2002,
Xnull. All Rights Reserved.

Most smilies provided by "MySmilies.com", "Jason's Smiley Collection" or "Clicksmilies.com".
"the Gridiron" Copyright © 2002-2023 - Product of FantasyFootballer.com. All rights reserved.