In remembrance of 9/11/01

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Apr 29th, 2024, 10:22am EST

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members GamesGames Login Login Register Register
Fantasyfootballer.com's Gridiron the Bleachers

"Welcome to 'the Gridiron'... Fantasy football at its best!"

LeagueStation.com               Co-commissioner Services

Lend a hand...  Make a contribution to help keep "the Gridiron @FantasyFootballer.com" up and independently running!!!
   Fantasyfootballer.com's Gridiron
   the Gridiron
   the Sidelines
(Moderators: Field Judge, Back Judge, Side Judge, Umpire, Referee, Head Linesman, Replay Official, Line Judge)
   the Bleachers
Previous topic|Next topic
Pages: 1 2 3 4  ...  15 Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: the Bleachers  (Read 15622 times)
Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer
Champ - '94, '99, '02, '04

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

Re: the Bleachers
« Reply #25 on: May 3rd, 2003, 12:23am »

I am IN LOVE... ...been for awhile now... with the chick in the back seat of the Mitsubishi SUV commercial!  She ain't great lookin'!  But, she has that "poor-man's Carey Lowell from Law & Order" look and I just love the way she is swayin'!  The back-seat action also helps as well as the cute black chick in the front seat.  Steggie's thinkin', , simultaneous lovin'!

Mmmmm...  Mmm...

-"Just get messed up...  Throw your best up!"
Philly
UFF Primetime Prophet
# 29

Pay, I said pay attention, son.

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #26 on: May 3rd, 2003, 10:57pm »

I hit the reply button after reading that last post, but I'm not sure how to respond to it now...

BarnabyWilde
Gridiron Great
CBFL Champ - '04
# 24

Hey Rock!Watch me pull the Gridiron out of my hat!

nygiants4life56   bpbagwell
View Profile Email

« Reply #27 on: May 3rd, 2003, 11:09pm »

Anyone know what song that is in that commercial? My wife and I both like it, but don't know who sings it.

on May 3rd, 2003, 12:23am, StegRock wrote:
I am IN LOVE... ...been for awhile now... with the chick in the back seat of the Mitsubishi SUV commercial!  She ain't great lookin'!  But, she has that "poor-man's Carey Lowell from Law & Order" look and I just love the way she is swayin'!  The back-seat action also helps as well as the cute black chick in the front seat.  Steggie's thinkin', , simultaneous lovin'!

Mmmmm...  Mmm...

-"Just get messed up...  Throw your best up!"

New York Giants...WORLD CHAMPS!!!!
Keyshawn Johnson 76yards
Fantasy Field General
# 97

View Profile

« Reply #28 on: May 3rd, 2003, 11:35pm »

I have no idea what commerical you guys are talking about...  
Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #29 on: May 4th, 2003, 12:07am »

on May 3rd, 2003, 11:35pm, Keyshawn Johnson 76yards wrote:
I have no idea what commerical you guys are talking about...  

That's good because it means that you are not watching too much TV because that commercial is SO overplayed!

And, by the way, I, too, like BW, would like to know the name of that song.  It's good!
DirkDiggler
Gridiron Great
GBRFLer
Champ - '14, '23
# 5

View Profile

« Reply #30 on: May 4th, 2003, 1:29am »

Talking about commercials....

Have you all seen this one?   It is a two minute commercial.(European)  It took 605 shots to perfect.  I would have gone insane trying to get it right.(Yes, this is REALLY a commercial. )  Check it out:

Give it a second to load, then follow directions on screen

http://multimedia.honda-eu.com/accord/

Here are articles about the filming of it:

http://www.dailytelegraph.co.uk/news/main.jhtml?xml=/news/2003/04/13/nho nda13.xml&sSheet=/news/2003/04/13/ixhome.html

http://www.oregonlive.com/search/index.ssf?/base/business/10516181641204 41.xml?oregonian?fng

« Last Edit: May 4th, 2003, 1:38am by DirkDiggler » Logged

"Every rule has an exception....the exception can't become the rule"
Walker Boh
Fantasy Field General
# 34

It's ELWAY or the highway.

walkerboh74   joskojw
View Profile

« Reply #31 on: May 4th, 2003, 11:08am »

I checked out that Honda commercial. (It reminded me of the game Mousetrap, remember that one?) The commercial was too long and I kept waiting for something really cool to happen, but it ended rather anti-climatically. They should of had a big net fall on the car at the end, then cut to a bunch of mice jumping around, giving high fives!

Here's the info on that Mitsubishi SUV commercial... The song is called "Breathe" done by French techno group Telepopmusik.  
BarnabyWilde
Gridiron Great
CBFL Champ - '04
# 24

View Profile Email

« Reply #32 on: May 4th, 2003, 5:04pm »

I don' think that is the same commercial. The car in my ad is the Endeavor. There are three people in it driving down a city street at night. It has a cool dance beat, then goes into a rap type lyric...

on May 4th, 2003, 11:08am, Walker Boh wrote:

Here's the info on that Mitsubishi SUV commercial... The song is called "Breathe" done by French techno group Telepopmusik.  

Walker Boh
Fantasy Field General
# 34

It's ELWAY or the highway.

walkerboh74   joskojw
View Profile

« Reply #33 on: May 5th, 2003, 8:15am »

No problem BW, I got you covered.  

http://www.mitsubishicars.com/company/music/index.html

Now go out and support your favorite "commercial" band!

BarnabyWilde
Gridiron Great
CBFL Champ - '04
# 24

View Profile Email

« Reply #34 on: May 6th, 2003, 3:25am »

SWEET!!!

You are a pimp Walker!

on May 5th, 2003, 8:15am, Walker Boh wrote:
No problem BW, I got you covered.  

http://www.mitsubishicars.com/company/music/index.html

Now go out and support your favorite "commercial" band!

Keyshawn Johnson 76yards
Fantasy Field General
# 97

View Profile

« Reply #35 on: May 6th, 2003, 9:46pm »

<----- "real" football anyone?  
DirkDiggler
Gridiron Great
GBRFLer
Champ - '14, '23
# 5

View Profile

« Reply #36 on: May 6th, 2003, 9:54pm »

on May 6th, 2003, 9:46pm, Keyshawn Johnson 76yards wrote:
<----- "real" football anyone?  

Oh yea!  I am a huge soccer fan.  Went to the World Cup in New York.  Also went to the womens world cup.

I love the Champions Cup.  I try to follow European soccer, not too much into Central or South American teams.

"Every rule has an exception....the exception can't become the rule"
Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #37 on: May 7th, 2003, 12:00am »

Well, many of you may know where I was a year ago.  I really am not much of a soccer fan, although in cumulative years I probably have played more organized soccer in my life than any other sport (I was a soccer kid with a soccer mom), but the one World Cup game I attended, the U.S.'s victory over Mexico in front of mostly booing and jeering Korean fans (chauvinistically) rooting for Mexico, was absolutely INCREDIBLE.  However, I must also admit that that was primarily due to a feeling of national pride or even downright nationalism. Take me to a Metrostars-D.C. United game and I am sure I will be !  In any event, it was a wild time to have been in Korea and it was the one saving grace for me that made that extra, unexpected one-year stint in Korea worth it.
Philly
UFF Primetime Prophet
# 29

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #38 on: May 7th, 2003, 9:00am »

I played American Football (the real football) in high school, so of course we made fun of the soccer players as being too weak and wimpy to play football.  I don't think I ever watched a game of soccer until I got to college.

At college, I had a creative writing class with Alexi Lalas.  We struck up a friendship and he invited me out to a few games.  Needless to say, I got hooked.  Rutgers had some really good teams while I was there.

While NFL football will always be #1 with me, I can enjoy soccer (futbol) now.
Keyshawn Johnson 76yards
Fantasy Field General
# 97

View Profile

« Reply #39 on: May 7th, 2003, 3:10pm »

on May 7th, 2003, 12:00am, StegRock wrote:
Take me to a Metrostars-D.C. United game and I am sure I will be

American soccer is terrible... it's the worst form of soccer I have ever seen, and it doesn't surprise me one bit that Americans aren't that big with soccer, because MLS and Southern American play with the exception of Argentina and Brazil, is terrible and boring.

Try checking out the Champions league on ESPN 2 usually Tuesday and Wednesdays every so often. Yesterday they showed Real Madrid vs Juventus and today(I haven't checked yet, I'm going to check as soon as I'm done posting) Inter de Milan vs. AC Milan.

I also have always wonder why they call it Football and Soccer here... instead of maybe Football and Rugby?
Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #40 on: May 7th, 2003, 7:32pm »

on May 1st, 2003, 10:37pm, PA Outlaws wrote:
Big Win for the Flyers tonight!! Steg, I'm hoping for a Flyers vs. Devils series!

Uhhhh... sorry! Maybe next time!

Mu-ah-ha-ha!
Philly
UFF Primetime Prophet
# 29

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #41 on: May 8th, 2003, 7:25am »

on May 7th, 2003, 7:32pm, StegRock wrote:

Uhhhh... sorry! Maybe next time!

Mu-ah-ha-ha!

Is this a hockey forum?  I think not... let's talk football.  How about those Broncos?  Nah, not worth talking about - they suck.
Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #42 on: May 8th, 2003, 9:48am »

Hey, this is "the Bleachers"! I have a good mind to get out my seat here and pop you one! Jealousy doesn't become you, pal!

Keyshawn Johnson 76yards
Fantasy Field General
# 97

View Profile

« Reply #43 on: May 8th, 2003, 3:18pm »

Philly come on now..  atleast the Broncos were never favored to win the Superbowl and didn't *cough*CHOKE*cough* in the LAST game at the Vet in the NFC championship.

The only one with bragging rights here is me fellas.  
Keyshawn Johnson 76yards
Fantasy Field General
# 97

View Profile

« Reply #44 on: May 8th, 2003, 11:02pm »

I hope you all saw the Dallas-Sacramento record breaking half... doesn't get more exciting then that!  
Philly
UFF Primetime Prophet
# 29

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #45 on: May 9th, 2003, 10:28am »

on May 8th, 2003, 3:18pm, Keyshawn Johnson 76yards wrote:
Philly come on now..  atleast the Broncos were never favored to win the Superbowl and didn't *cough*CHOKE*cough* in the LAST game at the Vet in the NFC championship.

The only one with bragging rights here is me fellas.  

You're right, the Broncos were NOT favored to win the Super Bowl.  In fact, they weren't favored to win many of the regular season games they played.

As far as the Eagles are concerned, they did lose the NFC Championship game (I still have haunting images of Joe Jurevicius running for 70 yards).  You've got me there.

But let's see what happens this next year.  The Bucs still have no running game.  Brad Johnson is a year older and more fragile.  Keyshawn hasn't gotten any faster... Lately Super Bowl champs have turned into Super Bowl chumps the following year.  I'll be surprised if the Bucs can even win their division next year.
BarnabyWilde
Gridiron Great
CBFL Champ - '04
# 24

View Profile Email

« Reply #46 on: May 9th, 2003, 3:57pm »

The same can be said for your Eagles Philly!!

GO GIANTS!!!  

on May 9th, 2003, 10:28am, Philly wrote:

I'll be surprised if the Bucs can even win their division next year.

Philly
UFF Primetime Prophet
# 29

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #47 on: May 11th, 2003, 8:08pm »

I'm not going to argue with you on this one BW.  I think the Giants and the Eagles will be battling all year for the division title.  The Giants have improved their team and will be solid this year.

But don't expect me to like it...  
Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

"My Tribute to Mugs"
« Reply #48 on: May 15th, 2003, 12:29am »

"My Tribute to Mugs"

Well, this is probably going to seem quite trifling, perhaps even childish to some...

Early today I lost a best little buddy of mine, nothing too tragic... I know... I have been there... lost my dad during junior year of high school...  But, this is nevertheless painful.

The VERY abridged version...

It was 1992, college years, and I was out in Colorado living with my then (main) college sweetheart Amy.  She so wanted a little fur-ball to play with (actually, in the "that" way too... a little extra muff-ball to "play" with...  I was SO lucky, but never closed the deal on that potential menage a trois ).  Working multiple jobs and having full-time class loads, we did not want the responsibility of a dog; neither of us was particularly keen on cats either.  After looking through a pet shop window one day in a local mall, I went home and suggested getting a rabbit.  We did, and from the very beginning this was no average relationship.  She was the only lop and quite a bit bigger than the rest in the bin.  The clerk explained that she was the last of a batch that had come in about two months prior and that the supplier of that batch was expected to be making a delivery within the following couple days, at which time this bunny would be taken back and, well,...  Well, her guardian angel had arrived and she soon became the doted over "Mugsy the rabbit".  Having been purchased so late in the going, she had grown up with such little human contact and, thus, was, well, not too friendly, something the clerk warned us of.  In any event, she never cared for Amy very much, but could tolerate me, which, to me, meant A LOT, actually more than having the affection of a friendly animal.  To be tolerable to Mugsy meant A LOT.  She did become a baby after time, though.

Well, an apartment move with Amy and then a rough breakup, a college graduation, a move back to Jersey, and a marriage (to a woman Mugsy adored... at first site... she followed my wife around everywhere, which was unbelievable because she really instinctively did not like females) later; work that took me to South Korea, for seven years back-and-forth; through many joys and hardships; etc., etc.; 10 and a half years later, from wherever I was coming, this little white, gray-eared bunny was here for me...  Besides saving her life from day one, I nursed this little bugger back to health a few other times.  Many consider bunnies a "throw-away" pet; this animal was no "throw-away" pet (actually, this is a fallacy... the experience of having a rabbit as a pet is MUCH MORE akin to that of having a dog or cat than to having a hamster or guinea pig ).  For 10 and a half years, she was my pal, (besides good ole' mom) the one constant in my life... until this morning.

After a night of force-feeding her Gerber's baby food (yup, crushed carrots) as her health rapidly deteriorated, the conclusion at the vet's office was foregone.  And, so a chapter of my life closed.  She was the last living, breathing connection to people, places, things and times long gone.  But, most of all, she was my little buddy, and "just a 'throw-away' bunny" or not, I... we will miss her very dearly.

When I picked you up, Mug-bear, out of that bin that cold January day in 1992, I never expected ya' to still be around after I turned 32.  I miss ya', ole' girl. You've been a good friend both to me and our family. ... ...
PA Outlaws

Email

« Reply #49 on: May 15th, 2003, 8:06am »

Touching story Steg! Sorry for the loss. Losing a pet is never an esay thing to do! She'll always be in the memories though........
Pages: 1 2 3 4  ...  15 Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

Previous topic|Next topic

Fantasyfootballer.com's Gridiron » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.1!
YaBB © 2000-2002,
Xnull. All Rights Reserved.

Most smilies provided by "MySmilies.com", "Jason's Smiley Collection" or "Clicksmilies.com".
"the Gridiron" Copyright © 2002-2023 - Product of FantasyFootballer.com. All rights reserved.