In remembrance of 9/11/01

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Apr 29th, 2024, 5:50am EST

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members GamesGames Login Login Register Register
Fantasyfootballer.com's Gridiron the Bleachers

"Welcome to 'the Gridiron'... Fantasy football at its best!"

LeagueStation.com               Co-commissioner Services

Lend a hand...  Make a contribution to help keep "the Gridiron @FantasyFootballer.com" up and independently running!!!
   Fantasyfootballer.com's Gridiron
   the Gridiron
   the Sidelines
(Moderators: Referee, Head Linesman, Field Judge, Back Judge, Replay Official, Side Judge, Umpire, Line Judge)
   the Bleachers
Previous topic|Next topic
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5  ...  15 Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: the Bleachers  (Read 15619 times)
Keyshawn Johnson 76yards
Fantasy Field General
# 97

View Profile

Re: the Bleachers
« Reply #50 on: May 15th, 2003, 3:11pm »

I'm sure it was a touching piece... but I'm not to fond of animals so I passed on reading it.

Though I feel your  pain, Steg, really I do.   =)
DirkDiggler
Gridiron Great
GBRFLer
Champ - '14, '23
# 5

View Profile

« Reply #51 on: May 15th, 2003, 4:32pm »

That sucks Steg.  I know the feeling!!  Hang in there.

"Every rule has an exception....the exception can't become the rule"
Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer
Champ - '94, '99, '02, '04

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #52 on: May 15th, 2003, 10:39pm »

Thanks to PA, KJ, Double D and everybody else who has taken the time to read my last message here in "the Bleachers".  I appreciate the positive energy you have sent my way.

But, KJ, I must say this...  The "message" of my "message" was greater than that of just explaining the mournful loss of a beloved pet, which is touching enough, but...  The spirit of what I wrote spoke more to having an appreciation for the chapters of life, the "apparently" small things of life, and the value of life.
Walker Boh
Fantasy Field General
# 34

It's ELWAY or the highway.

walkerboh74   joskojw
View Profile

« Reply #53 on: May 16th, 2003, 8:18am »

Great post Steg. Reading it made me think about all the pets I've lost in my life... Most of them are easy enough to deal with, but everyone has that one special friend that they will always remember. I'm sorry for your loss.
PA Outlaws

Email

« Reply #54 on: May 16th, 2003, 12:00pm »

I'll miss ya, Fred  !  
Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #55 on: May 16th, 2003, 12:58pm »

Okay, I am pulling myself up by the bootstraps here finally and am going to break up the monotony of lamentations a little bit (but, by all means, continue posting about that favorite pet of yours that you, oh so, miss, if you want to) with a little levity, playing off of PA's post...

I'll miss ya's, L. A. Lakers ... NOT !  Buh-bye!
Philly
UFF Primetime Prophet
# 29

Pay, I said pay attention, son.

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #56 on: May 16th, 2003, 2:01pm »

So long Lakers.  Enjoy the offseason Kobe and Shaq.

Keyshawn Johnson 76yards
Fantasy Field General
# 97

View Profile

« Reply #57 on: May 16th, 2003, 3:16pm »

Pistons NBA Champs.  
Cirrinone

Email

« Reply #58 on: May 16th, 2003, 4:34pm »

No way they beat Philly at home tonight. Philly takes this game, and then may give Detroit a run for their money in the 313. I'm biased though... GO SIXERS!
Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #59 on: May 16th, 2003, 4:56pm »

Made a temporary change to my avatar if you haven't noticed.  Received a letter from the Alpha Tau Omega Fraternity foundation by e-mail today and that was (part of) their letterhead.  I liked it, so...

So, are there any other fraternity or former fraternity guys out there on "the Gridiron"?  Moreover, any other current or former ATO's, like Len Dawson, Cris Collinsworth and yours truly, 'round here?
Keyshawn Johnson 76yards
Fantasy Field General
# 97

View Profile

« Reply #60 on: May 16th, 2003, 5:03pm »

on May 16th, 2003, 4:34pm, Cirrinone wrote:
No way they beat Philly at home tonight. Philly takes this game, and then may give Detroit a run for their money in the 313. I'm biased though... GO SIXERS!

I would give this game and the series, to the Sixers, if it wasnt for the emergence of Tayshaun Prince and the play of Chucky Atkins.

They're doing a good job of "shutting down" Iverson, or atleast forcing him to take bad shots. I don't see a game 7 happening. I also don't like the chances of the Nets in the series vs. Pistons.

Mavericks vs. Spurs Western Conference Final (SA 4-2)

Pistons vs. Nets Westeren Conference Final (DET 4-3)

Pistons vs Spurs Finals (DET 4-2)
Walker Boh
Fantasy Field General
# 34

walkerboh74   joskojw
View Profile

« Reply #61 on: May 16th, 2003, 7:01pm »

Hmmm... I'm trying to think of the name of that team that got swept... Hmmm... I think they wear green.... Oh yeah, it was the Boston Celtics! Haha! Haha! Way to put up a fight Bean Town! Please.

BarnabyWilde
Gridiron Great
CBFL Champ - '04
# 24

Hey Rock!Watch me pull the Gridiron out of my hat!

nygiants4life56   bpbagwell
View Profile Email

« Reply #62 on: May 16th, 2003, 10:59pm »

No way either the Pistons or Nets beat any of the remaining three western teams KJ...the Kings, Mavs or Spurs mop the east in the finals 4-2.

on May 16th, 2003, 5:03pm, Keyshawn Johnson 76yards wrote:

I would give this game and the series, to the Sixers, if it wasnt for the emergence of Tayshaun Prince and the play of Chucky Atkins.

They're doing a good job of "shutting down" Iverson, or atleast forcing him to take bad shots. I don't see a game 7 happening. I also don't like the chances of the Nets in the series vs. Pistons.

Mavericks vs. Spurs Western Conference Final (SA 4-2)

Pistons vs. Nets Westeren Conference Final (DET 4-3)

Pistons vs Spurs Finals (DET 4-2)

New York Giants...WORLD CHAMPS!!!!
Cirrinone

Email

« Reply #63 on: May 16th, 2003, 11:07pm »

DAMN! Pistons win in overtime. And Iverson even came back to score 38! What the hell... hmm... it's all the Pistons defense. Only way Nets beat them is if Kidd and K-Mart are on top of their game while JEFFERSON steps it up. I don't like the Nets' chances. Spurs take it all.
Keyshawn Johnson 76yards
Fantasy Field General
# 97

View Profile

« Reply #64 on: May 16th, 2003, 11:56pm »

I told ya Detroit would win.  
Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #65 on: May 17th, 2003, 12:48am »

on May 16th, 2003, 4:56pm, StegRock wrote:
Made a temporary change to my avatar if you haven't noticed.  Received a letter from the Alpha Tau Omega Fraternity foundation by e-mail today and that was (part of) their letterhead.  I liked it, so...

So, are there any other fraternity or former fraternity guys out there on "the Gridiron"?  Moreover, any other current or former ATO's, like Len Dawson, Cris Collinsworth and yours truly, 'round here?

Anybody?
Walker Boh
Fantasy Field General
# 34

walkerboh74   joskojw
View Profile

« Reply #66 on: May 17th, 2003, 7:51am »

The avatar looks cool...  

I never belonged to a frat...  

I never even went to a real college, just JC...  

But, I did party my as off! Doesn't that count for something?  

Philly
UFF Primetime Prophet
# 29

Pay, I said pay attention, son.

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #67 on: May 19th, 2003, 11:57am »

on May 16th, 2003, 4:56pm, StegRock wrote:

After I finished grad school I was invited to join Kappa Delta Pi, an international honors fraternity for education.  It certainly isn't your "Animal House" type of fraternity - we have an occasional banquet - no keggers.  I attended plenty of those in undergrad though... many a late night partying with Chi Psi, Theta Chi, Fiji, and Chi Phi at Rutgers University.
Keyshawn Johnson 76yards
Fantasy Field General
# 97

View Profile

« Reply #68 on: May 19th, 2003, 3:52pm »

Not knocking anyone by saying this, but when I go to college I doubt I'll join a fraternity. I just think it's stupid to basically "pay for your friends."
Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #69 on: May 19th, 2003, 4:43pm »

on May 19th, 2003, 3:52pm, Keyshawn Johnson 76yards wrote:
Not knocking anyone by saying this, but when I go to college I doubt I'll join a fraternity. I just think it's stupid to basically "pay for your friends."

Have you ever heard of the saying "back-handed compliment"?  It isn't exactly what you did above, but it is of the same spirit!  Very, v-e-r-y naive, and an awfully and unnecessarily rude way of putting it (I just paid for my friends, huh? Two of whom are still in my life, oh, and in the GBRFL and, yes, around these boards from time to time, but usually we do our "talkin'" on the phone), and this is coming from a guy who did not go through "formal" rush and once said, right in front of a rush sign-up table, "Greeks are for geeks," and, later that very first semester, went on to become my class's president and, oh yea, an ATO.  That having been said, it does depend on who you are and the school and its Greek system.  The Greek system at the University of Denver was THE SHIT!  However, e.g., at the college closest to me here in New Jersey, Monmouth University, the Greek system is pretty lame.  They do not really have houses and can ONLY congregate off-campus, which is pretty beat since M. U. is basically a fenced-in, vis-a-vis a wall-less and sprawling, campus.  Penn State, a sprawling campus, I have heard has a rockin' Greek system.  On the other hand, I have a number of friends who went to Rutgers.  They told me the Greek system was kind of "eh!"  The sororities have real restrictive rules they have to follow, which inhibit "fraternization," so to speak!  I mean mixers and "exchanges," which are done with sororities, are what fraternities are all about.  Also, if you go to school locally, the point of joining a fraternity diminishes.  In ANY case, it is HARDLY about "paying for friends."  Your dues are your dues; we all pay "them" in different ways throughout life!  Your friends are your friends.
« Last Edit: May 20th, 2003, 2:11am by Stegfucius » Logged
Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #70 on: May 20th, 2003, 7:35pm »

Here is my only real gripe with Annika Sorenstam's push to play in the PGA...

I used to think she was kind of hot, at least as far as LPGA chicks go.  But, now with all the training she has gone through to compete with the men, she looks like shit.  Did anybody see that piece they did on her about two weeks ago on 60 Minutes?  They showed her lifting weights and what not.  She used to have a nice feminine physique and was a bit of a cutie; now she looks like the "Incredible She-hulk"!
Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #71 on: May 20th, 2003, 10:42pm »

on May 16th, 2003, 3:16pm, Keyshawn Johnson 76yards wrote:
Pistons NBA Champs.  

You stickin' with that, kidd... I mean, kid?
BarnabyWilde
Gridiron Great
CBFL Champ - '04
# 24

Hey Rock!Watch me pull the Gridiron out of my hat!

nygiants4life56   bpbagwell
View Profile Email

« Reply #72 on: May 20th, 2003, 11:52pm »

Down 0-2 now...

on May 20th, 2003, 10:42pm, StegRock wrote:

You stickin' with that, kidd... I mean, kid?

New York Giants...WORLD CHAMPS!!!!
Keyshawn Johnson 76yards
Fantasy Field General
# 97

View Profile

« Reply #73 on: May 21st, 2003, 6:52pm »

on May 20th, 2003, 11:52pm, BarnabyWilde wrote:
Down 0-2 now...

4 points: That's the total amount of points by which the Pistons have lost both Game 1 and 2.  

Yes, I'll say it, they are ONLY down 0-2, and have lost home-field advantage. Regardless, they won't be making history by coming back from an 0-2 deficit, it's been done before. Detroit has enough defense to shut down the Nets, and has enough firepower in Jon Barry, Tayshaun Prince, Clifford Robinson, and Rip Hamilton to make a comeback.

I'm stickin' to my decision, I've predicted the Superbowl champion correctly the past two years(as was witnessed this year by the competition I ran which I kicked all your asses, thank you very much), now it's time to try my luck on the NBA.  
Keyshawn Johnson 76yards
Fantasy Field General
# 97

View Profile

« Reply #74 on: May 21st, 2003, 10:37pm »

What the fuck is going on with the Devils?

They are pissing the living shit out of me.  
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5  ...  15 Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

Previous topic|Next topic

Fantasyfootballer.com's Gridiron » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.1!
YaBB © 2000-2002,
Xnull. All Rights Reserved.

Most smilies provided by "MySmilies.com", "Jason's Smiley Collection" or "Clicksmilies.com".
"the Gridiron" Copyright © 2002-2023 - Product of FantasyFootballer.com. All rights reserved.