In remembrance of 9/11/01

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 2nd, 2024, 11:33pm EST

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members GamesGames Login Login Register Register
Fantasyfootballer.com's Gridiron Fantasyfootballer.com/GBRFL getting a facelift!

"Welcome to 'the Gridiron'... Fantasy football at its best!"

LeagueStation.com               Co-commissioner Services

Lend a hand...  Make a contribution to help keep "the Gridiron @FantasyFootballer.com" up and independently running!!!
   Fantasyfootballer.com's Gridiron
   Featured Leagues
   GBRFL
(Moderator: Stegfucius)
   Fantasyfootballer.com/GBRFL getting a facelift!
Previous topic|Next topic
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Fantasyfootballer.com/GBRFL getting a facelift!  (Read 788 times)
Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer
Champ - '94, '99, '02, '04

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

Fantasyfootballer.com/GBRFL getting a facelift!
« on: Oct 3rd, 2002, 1:51am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Guys,

PLEASE visit the following thread and give me your take:

http://www.fantasyfootballer.com/cgi-bin/theGridiron/YaBB.cgi?board=56;a ction=display;num=1033299637;start=0

Your opinion will affect what I decide to do!  The sooner you can get it in the better!  Thanks!
« Last Edit: Aug 26th, 2003, 2:15am by Stegfucius » Logged
DB
Fantasy Field General
GBRFLer
Champ - '95, '98, '08, '09, '10, '13, '15, '17, '19
# 22

9X Ultimate Supreme Champion

View Profile

Re:  Fantasyfootballer.com getting a facelift
« Reply #1 on: Oct 3rd, 2002, 12:25pm »

I don't care.  I never paid attention to the colors anyway.  I am, on the other hand, addicted to the smilies and just wanted to reply to use some.
Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #2 on: Oct 5th, 2002, 1:33am »

I knew you would "cum" around, D.B.

It's fun partyin' with the smilies, ain't it?

8)
« Last Edit: May 29th, 2003, 1:27pm by Stegfucius » Logged
Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #3 on: May 28th, 2003, 10:38pm »

Guys,

In the ongoing effort to make FantasyFootballer.com into a full-blown FF-information portal, the GBRFL home page has been moved to:

http://www.fantasyfootballer.com/gbrfl/.

Easy enough, right?

I hope you all are enjoying everything that is going on here and I truly do appreciate all of your understanding of what I am doing here as some of it may be somewhat infringing on the GBRFL.  Thank you!

Your Friend,
Steve
Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #4 on: May 29th, 2003, 1:37pm »

Guys,

One more quick hit regarding the move of our home page... PLEASE take note and inform me of any links that you find incorrect at the GBRFL site!  I think everything is copasetic, but you never know... I might have missed something.  I can tell you this much, I am not bothering with changing the link to the GBRFL home page on last season's spreadsheets.  They are probably not even being accessed at all these days and, anyway, they will be completely removed when I go about the big move next month, when all of FantasyFootballer.com will move to a new server.  The '03 spreadsheets, of course, will correctly link to the home page.  Anyway, keep an eye out for anything I might have missed, guys!  Thanks!  I am...

...Your Commish,
Steg
Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #5 on: Jul 25th, 2003, 2:10pm »

As I mentioned in a thread up on "the Sidelines", the "Great Eight FF Information Sites" list on our GBRFL home page has been updated!  Just thought I should give my GBRFLers a special heads-up!
Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

Re: Fantasyfootballer.com/GBRFL getting a facelift
« Reply #6 on: Aug 26th, 2003, 3:06am »

Fellaz,

If you haven't noticed already, as I announced at the Summer Meeting, the GBRFL home page is being reworked based on changes over the last year AND of late...

1)  R.I.P. to the old "News & Notes" page... The link to the now obsolete "News & Notes" page has been removed and the page will no longer be maintained.  The page will remain frozen in time (though I will clean off the 2002 Award Winners at the end of this season) and accessible via:
http://www.fantasyfootballer.com/gbrfl/newsnotes.htm.

2) Our "Owner Information" page is now directly accessible via the GBRFL home page.  There is a button on the right side of the upper section of buttons that says "Owner Info" and will take you directly to the password page.

3) In that top group of buttons on the right side, there is now a link to our "Message Board" here on "the Gridiron".  It does not take you to the general index page of the forum like the other links on our home page; it takes you directly here to our GBRFL board.

4) The "Lineups" button was moved to the left column of buttons and the "Champions" button was moved from the bottom group of buttons to the top group on the right side.

5) A link to the "GBRFL2", or as Frank put it the "Your a Peon League", has been added to the bottom section of buttons on the right side and the FF "Information Sites" button was shifted over to the left.

6) The "GBRFL2" logo and link has been added to the FFLA section at the very bottom of the page.

7) LAST, BUT DEFINITELY NOT LEAST, this whole realignment of the buttons got me to thinking about the color rotation I have used to indicate that pages have been updated.  After thinking it through, I came to the conclusion that the ONLY pages that "rotate" on a regular basis/schedule and are well-served by the changing (glowing) colors indicating that the page has been updated are the "Rosters", "Transactions", "Standings", "Game Results" and "Lineups" pages.  The rest are not updated regularly and, as such, who would ever even remember, no less use, the changing colors to check on updates for those pages?  NO ONE, including myself!  Did anyone ever even notice my changing the glowing colors on an annual basis for the "Champions" button? That was foolish! So, what I did was put all the ones for which the color change was a useful feature in the top left button section.  The two colors that their glow will fluctuate between are ORANGE and BLUE.  Right now, all of them are orange except the "Lineups" button.  The glow of all the rest will always remain green.  Actually, having it set up this way should make it MUCH MORE user-friendly:  your mind only has to go about memorizing one smaller section of buttons that are all together and of two different colors than all the rest, and the general color scheme of the page for that matter, and very different from each other.  You should all be able to naturally memorize the changes much more effectively.

I will work on updating the rest of the pages of the site accordingly, e.g. like removing the "News & Notes" links, throughout the rest of the week.

Well, that about does it for the night! Time for Steggie to hit the hay!

Over and out... and at you all's service,
Steg
« Last Edit: Aug 26th, 2003, 3:11am by Stegfucius » Logged
Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #7 on: Aug 26th, 2003, 9:13pm »

on Aug 26th, 2003, 3:06am, StegRock wrote:
I will work on updating the rest of the pages of the site accordingly, e.g. like removing the "News & Notes" links, throughout the rest of the week.

Well, this is all done.  All the "current" pages in use have been made to fit the new set-up (explained thoroughly above).  I have decided to leave old (archived) versions of the pages alone.  It saves me A LOT of work and it is kind of neat to do from a historical perspective as well.  I hope you all like it!
DOLFAN
Red Zone Master
GBRFLer
Champ - '16
# 25

I love ''the Gridiron''!

jomrfootbl@aol
View Profile Email

« Reply #8 on: Aug 27th, 2003, 4:34pm »

Looks great Mr. Champion. It is much easier now to get around without some many pages to go through.
Keep that mind working and making the site more efficient.  

GO TONY, GO TONY, GO TONY!
DirkDiggler
Gridiron Great
GBRFLer
Champ - '14, '23
# 5

View Profile

« Reply #9 on: Aug 27th, 2003, 4:53pm »

Site looks good.  It truly is much easier to navigate!!  Thanks!!  

And I like the blue and orange color coding.  Nice touch!!  I wonder where that comes from, Mr I got a boner for Jake the Fake Plummer.  (who got booed in his first home game!!)

« Last Edit: Aug 27th, 2003, 4:55pm by DirkDiggler » Logged

"Every rule has an exception....the exception can't become the rule"
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

Previous topic|Next topic

Fantasyfootballer.com's Gridiron » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.1!
YaBB © 2000-2002,
Xnull. All Rights Reserved.

Most smilies provided by "MySmilies.com", "Jason's Smiley Collection" or "Clicksmilies.com".
"the Gridiron" Copyright © 2002-2023 - Product of FantasyFootballer.com. All rights reserved.