In remembrance of 9/11/01

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Apr 30th, 2024, 4:38am EST

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members GamesGames Login Login Register Register
Fantasyfootballer.com's Gridiron My team sucks ASS, and Proposed Rule change

"Welcome to 'the Gridiron'... Fantasy football at its best!"

LeagueStation.com               Co-commissioner Services

Lend a hand...  Make a contribution to help keep "the Gridiron @FantasyFootballer.com" up and independently running!!!
   Fantasyfootballer.com's Gridiron
   Featured Leagues
   GBRFL
(Moderator: Stegfucius)
   My team sucks ASS, and Proposed Rule change
Previous topic|Next topic
Pages: 1 2 3  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: My team sucks ASS, and Proposed Rule change  (Read 3623 times)
Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer
Champ - '94, '99, '02, '04

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

Re: My team sucks ASS, and Proposed Rule change
« Reply #50 on: Oct 9th, 2007, 12:13am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

on Oct 8th, 2007, 9:46pm, IbdFunk wrote:
Dont they have their own message board or is this a new trend that is taken place?

Yes, Danny, the Deucers have their own board.  But, they play according to OUR rules.  They don't (yet) have voting rights (and may never).  BUT, they surely are within bounds to (reasonably and humbly, like cp is here) express their views on rules discussions here.

Quote:
Here it comes, all the GBFL2s are now going to give there advise. Steve, i think we should develop divisions GBFL1 vs. GBFL2.  ...  If that is a new trend at least we should merge the league in some way. Then, all this chatter and advise the CHris Mortonson's of fantasyfootball have to offer would mean something.

Here we go with YET ANOTHER knee-jerk impracticable proposal.

Deucers,... cp, sk,... know that your observations and contributions here are level-headed, salient and valuable.  BUT, also know that Danny-boy here is an old college buddy and fraternity mate of mine and Markie's (Drew Rosenhaus's), and almost everybody in the league has met him when he came up from (then) Georgia to the GBRFL draft like seven or so years ago.  While what's going on here seems,... in some respects, is pretty vile, at the end of the day, I got love for Danny and he in return, and if we saw each other right now, he'd do his nonsensical loudmouth bullshit and I would do my philosophical thang, and, then, after (just) a round or two, we'd look at each other hard, laugh... and then hug, and ask each other, "So, how's life?"

Note, though, cp, sk, that I'm not saying this because you guys aren't in the right here.  Yous are.  AND, I REALLY appreciate you guys', for all intents and purposes, getting my back here.  THANK YOU!  It is just that I want yous to know the backdrop here.  Danny's not just any babbling idiot.  He's, for better or worse, "our" babbling idiot... and ultimately, when it all comes out in the wash, my friend, so... Again, I'm not saying stop (posting the truth and calling a spade a spade).  I just want you guys to proceed knowing the "dance" you're "cutting in on" here.

Thing is, though,... we don't usually let him out in public.  Markie evidently was takin' the little sucker out for a walk... and he got off the leash. ...

On the other hand,... Danny,... nothing new, but you are coming off EXTREMELY UNreasonable, selfish and, well, downright dumb here, brother.  You're coming off like a big-time jerk, which I know you really aren't.  I mean your posts aren't even commonsensical and factually accurate, no less logically sound and cogent.  This isn't the old "GBRFL Trash-Talkin'" page (http://www.fantasyfootballer.com/cgi-bin/theGridiron/YaBB.cgi?board=53;a ction=display;num=1030609988).  You want to kick it up a notch, here, man. Though, we do have a "Trash Talkin'" thread set up here:  http://www.fantasyfootballer.com/cgi-bin/theGridiron/YaBB.cgi?board=53;a ction=display;num=1161532729.  THAT's where you can give us all the "Feder" we can handle. Thing is, Danny, I HATE and think it is highly inadvisable to intertwine rules discussions with trash talk.  That's what's happening here, and it's making for a predictably bad scene.  PLEASE, let's just cool it here for now and bring the trash talk on over to the "Trash Talkin'" thread.  And, please, do not put off our little Deucer brothers. Let's set and be an example and lead by example, not embarrass ourselves.
IbdFunk
Fantasy Field General
GBRFLer
Champ - '97, '00, '01, '11
# 12

No Vaseline for you!

View Profile

« Reply #51 on: Oct 9th, 2007, 8:58am »

They flapped their lips first, no prob!!
Art Vandalay
GM
GBRFLer
Champ - '96, '05
# 11

Bow to the master

View Profile

« Reply #52 on: Oct 9th, 2007, 4:28pm »

Hey, bottom line is; if it weren't for Dan, we wouldn't have half the fun we do around here. He always manages to get the damn win when it counts too..especially against ME.

If i saw him, i'd give him a big hug too Steve....and then hold him under the water for 10 or 15 minutes.

Why don't you just tell me what you want to see.
Drew Rosenhaus
GM
GBRFLer
Champ - '93, '03, '07, '12, '18, '22
# 54

View Profile

« Reply #53 on: Oct 9th, 2007, 7:46pm »

on Oct 9th, 2007, 12:13am, StegRock wrote:
Thing is, though,... we don't usually let him out in public.  Markie evidently was takin' the little sucker out for a walk... and he got off the leash. ...

I thought you were in charge of him this week...

p.s. - I am thinking you got one over on me this week, Steve.
« Last Edit: Oct 9th, 2007, 7:47pm by Drew Rosenhaus » Logged

She turned me into a newt!
A newt?
I got better. Burn her anyway!
IbdFunk
Fantasy Field General
GBRFLer
# 12

No Vaseline for you!

View Profile

« Reply #54 on: Oct 9th, 2007, 9:14pm »

Thanks for the love! You all have to admit this is ridiculous with my injuries. Next week i will be lucky to have enough players to fill a roster with the bye weeks, then i will be 3 and 7, nice. After that i should be much better off.
Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer
Champ - '94, '99, '02, '04

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #55 on: Oct 9th, 2007, 10:58pm »

on Oct 9th, 2007, 7:46pm, Drew Rosenhaus wrote:
I thought you were in charge of him this week...

Little critter...

I DIGRESS...
    Quote:
    p.s. - I am thinking you got one over on me this week, Steve.

Well, Markie,... I haven't done the scores for the week yet.  They're a comin'.  You guys'll have 'em with your morning jo.  Anyway, I'm almost certain I got you, bro.  I KNOW I lost to DB, though.  We'll see here in a little bit...
DOLFAN
Red Zone Master
GBRFLer
Champ - '16
# 25

I love ''the Gridiron''!

jomrfootbl@aol
View Profile Email

« Reply #56 on: Oct 9th, 2007, 11:08pm »

Danny, will you just shut the fuck up already!!!  

You have been in this league for 20 years, have won 3 championships. Over the years you have seen many teams go through the injuries that your team is going through. Where was the empathy then, you always said "his team sucks" I knew that guy would get hurt, that's why I took his backup. Now, low and behold, since it is happening to your team, the rules must be changed.  
I have had an open mind to most rule changes discussed in the past, but in regards to this one no fucking way. I am at a point to where my mind is already made up. I vote long beforehand a HELL FUCKING NO!!! to any type of rule change with the core theme being of this subject.

Ok give it to me now Danny, Tell me and everyone else on this site that my team sucks, I have never won anything, I should be quiet, have no input, I'm an idiot...blah blah blah. You are worse than my 4 children.  
Danny, I hate to say it young man, but you need a time out. So give it to me Danny! Feed me shit like you do everyone else, say your piece, then kindly please save me some aspirin and just shut the fuck up!!!  

CRYABABY!!!!

GO TONY, GO TONY, GO TONY!
IbdFunk
Fantasy Field General
GBRFLer
# 12

No Vaseline for you!

View Profile

« Reply #57 on: Oct 10th, 2007, 10:07am »

You said everything that needed to be said. I am sorry you are so against having an IR spot, i think it is a good idea. As i said, my team will be just fine after this week with all the bye weeks. I may be too far behind to catch up but we will see.
Travistotle
Fantasy Field General
GBRFLer
Champ - '06
# 414

Semper Philosophans

View Profile

« Reply #58 on: Oct 22nd, 2007, 6:22pm »

Just a point of interest in light of this injury / IR spot topic -- I've lost both Deuce McAllister and Ronnie Brown FOR THE YEAR.  Marvin Harrison's been out for a few weeks, and Vince Young isn't playing right now.  In other words, my top two running backs are gone -- DONE -- for the year, and I have the nagging, typical injuries that befall players on top of that.  

Anyone want to trade a running back?
Pages: 1 2 3  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

Previous topic|Next topic

Fantasyfootballer.com's Gridiron » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.1!
YaBB © 2000-2002,
Xnull. All Rights Reserved.

Most smilies provided by "MySmilies.com", "Jason's Smiley Collection" or "Clicksmilies.com".
"the Gridiron" Copyright © 2002-2023 - Product of FantasyFootballer.com. All rights reserved.