In remembrance of 9/11/01

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 21st, 2024, 5:21pm EST

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members GamesGames Login Login Register Register
Fantasyfootballer.com's Gridiron G.T.K.Y.G. - Topic:  Music

"Welcome to 'the Gridiron'... Fantasy football at its best!"

LeagueStation.com               Co-commissioner Services

Lend a hand...  Make a contribution to help keep "the Gridiron @FantasyFootballer.com" up and independently running!!!
   Fantasyfootballer.com's Gridiron
   the Gridiron
   the Sidelines
(Moderators: Umpire, Replay Official, Referee, Field Judge, Back Judge, Line Judge, Head Linesman, Side Judge)
   G.T.K.Y.G. - Topic:  Music
Previous topic|Next topic
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9  10 Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: G.T.K.Y.G. - Topic:  Music  (Read 24825 times)
Philly
UFF Primetime Prophet
# 29

Pay, I said pay attention, son.

View Profile WWW Email

Re: G.T.K.Y.G. - Topic:  Music
« Reply #150 on: Sep 27th, 2004, 6:20pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

on Sep 22nd, 2004, 5:16pm, StegRock wrote:
I guess you did say "too whiny", as in this one crosses the line, which is more understandable

That's exactly what I meant.  I understand the whole schtick and recognize its relevance with particular regard to the song in question, but it's a bit overboard -- not so much in message, but in delivery -- for my liking.
BarnabyWilde
Gridiron Great
CBFL Champ - '04
# 24

Hey Rock!Watch me pull the Gridiron out of my hat!

nygiants4life56   bpbagwell
View Profile Email

« Reply #151 on: Oct 3rd, 2004, 3:52am »

It has been a while since I added to my list of favorites. Every time I hear one of mine, I try to jot it down to get it on here, but I keep forgetting. Well, I am adding just of few of my favorite songs I really like to sing along with; here is my updated list:

"Be My Downfall" by Del Amitri  
"Blue", by the Jayhawks  
"Hero In Me", by Jeffrey Gaines  
"Heart of the Matter", by Don Henley  
"Breaking Us In Two", by Joe Jackson  
"Woman In Love", by Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers  
"Bridge Over Troubled Waters", Simon and Garfunkel  
"Dreams", Van Halen  
"When You Close Your Eyes", Night Ranger  
"Jet City Woman", Queensryche  
"Burning Like A Flame" Dokken  
"Too Late For Love", Tesla  
"Wanted Dead or Alive", Bon Jovi  
"Under Pressure", Queen and David Bowie  
"Miracles" Jefferson Airplane
"Magic Power" Triumph
"Spirit of Radio" Rush
"Movin' Out" Billy Joel
"Her Town Too" James Taylor and JD Souther
"Take It Easy" The Eagles
"The Chain" Fleetwood Mac

New York Giants...WORLD CHAMPS!!!!
bgsgfan
Red Zone Master
GBRFL2er
CBFL Champ - '03
# 18

He ain't on the all-time list because he's pretty.

View Profile

« Reply #152 on: Nov 18th, 2004, 11:37am »

My closest friend outside of family, Timothy Wyatt, is a budding young (19) musician. I really love his music, and its available for download here: http://music.download.com/groundedplane/3600-8691_32-100139915.html?tag= listing_song_artist.

These songs have been recorded on a piece-of-crap computer that he basically built from spare parts, and they are composed with only guitar and bass. I have heard several others that may top these, but he is not ready to give them to the world because they aren't quite "right" with his limited equipment.

My personal favorite of the tracks listed is "Drained."

I am sure he would appreciate it if you downloaded one or more of these tracks and took a listen. It also may give you a chance to say, "I heard him back before he was famous."

IMO, the tracks are excellent even if I had no connection to the primary artist responsible.

11/20/04 - Buckeyes salvage season by stomping that team from up north. (Posted 11/14/04)
bgsgfan
Red Zone Master
GBRFL2er
CBFL Champ - '03
# 18

He ain't on the all-time list because he's pretty.

View Profile

« Reply #153 on: Nov 18th, 2004, 11:42am »

One more note on Grounded Plane: they received an "Editor's Pick" from Download.com, which is a relatively exclusive thing.

11/20/04 - Buckeyes salvage season by stomping that team from up north. (Posted 11/14/04)
Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer
Champ - '94, '99, '02, '04

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #154 on: Dec 20th, 2004, 5:14pm »

That was a VERY cool post, Jer!  I hope it helped out your friend!  Feel free to expose him at will here!

And, at last, back to...

Steggie Steggum's Top 40 Countdown

#12...  For this genre of music to be this high speaks "volumes" for this tune in my mind... and, more importantly hereto, ear.  The song just has the coolest sound.  I like(d) it both for club purposes and in the gameday sports arena.  You just got to move some part of your body when you hear it. There also is a nice story too behind it.  Christmas 1993...  Still an undergrad at Denver, but somehow (another great story within a story... for a later time though) was hired to be the middle-school (6th, 7th and 8th grade) language arts teacher at Hillel Academy of Denver, one of the many Jewish private "Hillel" schools around the nation.  Though this was a VERY strict Jewish/Hebrew school, the students still gave us "gents" Christmas gifts. ... I was having a particularly rough Christmas... going through the old college-sweetheart breakup thang... ... It surely showed to everyone around me.  Anyway, one of my 7th graders, Ephriam Trugman, I'll never forget his name, what a nice kid, asked me, "Mr. Stegeman", what kind of music I liked.  At the time, my favorite song was this one.  Well, suffice it to say, my first copy, a cassette version, of this song/album, on which this song is, came to me from Ephriam.  Having been a teacher for many years, it is often talked among teachers about the lasting effect we can and do have on students.  Well, students can and do sometimes turn the table... as did Ephriam here.  Take this as just a micro-example of the possibilities...  I will FOREVER think of this little kid when listening to this tune.  I still have that tape he gave me.  ...  He would be about 23-years-old now.  I hope he is doing well.  Happy Chanukah, Ephriam, wherever you are... Thanks for, ironically, I suppose, brightening up (very intentional smiley employment) my Christmas of '94, one which really needed some brightening up, with not just some "hack" gift for the teacher.  From little Mr. Trugman, 10 years ago, to us all, 10 years hence,...

http://www.ffyi.com/stegsmusic/12.htm (as should be expected, the songs can take quite a bit of time to load in the player; they are set to start AUTOMATICALLY when fully loaded).
Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #155 on: Dec 31st, 2004, 10:01pm »

Here on New Year's Eve, in true Dick Clark fashion (Dick we'll miss ya this year...  Get well soon), I give you all my VERY beloved...

#11...  Back at #37, one of the first rock songs I really liked, I made mention of another song that I would attribute being the first rock song I really took to to.  Well, this is it!  Similar to #37, by many of this group's diehard fans, especially the older ones, this song, the whole album actually (despite its popularizing the band among the X generation), has been much maligned (according to some, for being a sell-out tune). Furthermore, many, fans or otherwise, just think the song is corny. Because of all that BS ... and its special place in my heart, it is the one song on my countdown here that I will defend with brass knuckles adorned.  Poke fun at this song in my presence and expect to be met with my wrath. I think the ridicule is NOT deserved.  It is an odd, but neat and, moreover, neat-sounding song off an album with a VERY creative, albeit admittedly somewhat tortured, theme.  This band is actually known for their "themed" albums.  Sometimes this works; sometimes it doesn't.  But, it is a cool signature of theirs, in any event.  Actually, the concert for this album, a modern/futuristic rock opera of sorts, got really mixed reviews.  Again, the old-school fans for the most part hated it and the youngins liked it (I regretfully never saw it; I was too young to be honest).  Regarding the band, of which, my take on this song and album aside, I did become (at least) a (second-generation) "purist" fan, I want to take this opportunity to recognize and thank its "only true" members, DD, JY, the late JC/TS, CP and the late JP.  I want to say to the late JP, wherever in the cosmos he is, that, despite your typically being in the background, you were not just the beat of the band, but, as one of the original-original four, one of the group's co-founders, the "heart"beat of the band.  ...  Back to the tune, I do also want to point out that even with all the fun that has been made of the song and all the ill-will that has been directed toward it down through the years, the fact of the matter (which I briefly, parenthetically mentioned above) is that many, if not (al)most (all), of the X generation fans of these guys came to be so by way of this tune. I just think it is a generational thing.  They evolved; their old fans wanted them to stay the same.  I would never blame them (them being the guys whose initials I list above) for wanting to become more progressive and "with the times" with their music.  ...  Well, without any further delay, let's hear it (as if many of you haven't already guessed it with ALL the clues given above)... Steg's very beloved #11...

http://www.ffyi.com/stegsmusic/11.htm (as should be expected, the songs can take quite a bit of time to load in the player; they are set to start AUTOMATICALLY when fully loaded).

Steggie's Top 10 comin' atchyas in '05!!!  HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!
« Last Edit: Jan 14th, 2005, 1:56pm by Stegfucius » Logged
Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #156 on: Jan 2nd, 2005, 2:25pm »

Guys, the "Napster" problem with #11 right above has been brought to my attention.  By mistake, I uploaded the wrong file (as I have done a couple times before early on in the countdown).  As I am in Jersey now, with my music files down in DC, my hands are tied.  It'll be fixed on Wednesday or Thursday.  Sorry, fellas.
Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #157 on: Jan 6th, 2005, 12:10pm »

Okay, guys, #11 up there for Steggie Steggum's Top 40 Countdown is good to go.  Again, sorry for the foul-up.

Especially given this extra time you all have had, I'll be very interested to see how many of you already had an inkling or, moreover, had already guessed it before listening to it...  Enjoy...
Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #158 on: Jan 7th, 2005, 3:12pm »

Nobody had an inkling about #11 before listening?
Philly
UFF Primetime Prophet
# 29

Pay, I said pay attention, son.

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #159 on: Jan 8th, 2005, 5:44pm »

Honestly, I didn't have any idea what song it was you were talking about.  I have to admit that, while I like some of their earlier stuff, when this song first came out -- 1985ish? -- I didn't care for it.  But there's no accounting for taste... mine or yours.  
BarnabyWilde
Gridiron Great
CBFL Champ - '04
# 24

View Profile Email

« Reply #160 on: Jan 13th, 2005, 9:03am »

I knew it. I like the song personally, along with most of their other stuff.

Stegfucius
Philosopher King
of Fantasy Football
Site Administrator
GBRFLer

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #161 on: Jan 14th, 2005, 2:50pm »

The Top 10 BEGINS!!!

Guys, I'm getting this one in now, but know that with school back in session (and 60+ pages worth of papers and at least 3 exams on tap for me this semester) this is definitely going to go VERY slowly at least until summer break.

#10...  Well, if I had for every time I sang this song aloud, very aloud, with one of my old best buds Rob in his convertible (most memorably during our MANY trips to Dorney Park in Allentown, PA), I'd be ..., well, I'd have a at least.  This is one of the few artists/bands on the countdown here that I, to my pleasant surprise, saw live. It was a club concert down my hometown way in Asbury Park (definitely not at The Stone Pony given this genre of music and not at Convention Hall, which some of you may know) that, actually, I went to with that same guy named above, Rob.  There was a time this Rob guy was my best-best friend. About seven years ago we pretty much drifted apart/went our seperate ways.  This song does make me think back to the great times we had together (that, pretty much no matter what at this point, we'll never be able to get back) and the great memories we had made. ...  Anyway, back to the artists here, nobody really knew these dudes at the time.  I did and I REALLY dug them.  However, for this concert Rob and I did not know who would be performing besides the headliner, which is who we went to see, the British band EMF (remember them?  ...  "You're Unbelievable").  Well, when the dudes opening the show came out, I, alone, freaked. I'm like, "NO WAY!!!  It's ???!"  Everybody in the crowd was like, "What's with this gee," until they heard 'em.  They ROCKED this club!  Most people, including myself, walked out saying that they were way better than EMF, not that EMF was bad mind you.  ...  This is one of the "funk"iest songs on the list... in a way.  Also, at #10 here, we have a "feel good" song.  This will be in MAJOR contrast with the one half way up from here at #5, something just peripherally worth making a mental note of.  Well, sorry I can't bring them to you all live, but here's their best tune,... at least according to me...

Extra hint...
on May 1st, 2004, 1:16am, StegRock wrote:
  • There are four rap songs on the list; only 1 of them is by a typical "black" rap group/artist; 2 of them are by white rappers, the other, a mixed rap group. ...

•  
    http://www.ffyi.com/stegsmusic/10.htm (as should be expected, the songs can take quite a bit of time to load in the player; they are set to start AUTOMATICALLY when fully loaded).
    Stegfucius
    Philosopher King
    of Fantasy Football
    Site Administrator
    GBRFLer

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #162 on: Mar 4th, 2005, 7:47pm »

Number 9!!!  #9!!!  Number 9!!!  #9!!!  Number 9!!!  #9!!!

#9...  This one takes me way back to my early MTV days. As is the case with a few of the songs on the countdown, this is one of those where I can visualize the gist of it,... which brings out definite feelings of childhood nostalgia.  ...  Like #19, this is one of these songs that I spent a good part of my life "in search of". ... I forgot the title of the track over time and bought at least one album I can remember thinking,... no hoping this song was on (I was wrong). ...  I also want to say this at this point in the countdown.  I think most if not all of the "junk(ier)" songs are behind us (these are my personal Top 40; I am not oblivious to "objectively better" music(al genres)).  In this particular case, this is a band whose music MANY did not understand the lack of popular appreciation for. Do NOT count me among those many. Besides this song (and their really popular one, which I kind of liked), I did not like their music at all.  I actually think it's pretty bad overall,... BUT DEFINTELY NOT THIS AWESOME TUNE...

http://www.ffyi.com/stegsmusic/9.htm (as should be expected, the songs can take quite a bit of time to load in the player; they are set to start AUTOMATICALLY when fully loaded).
    BarnabyWilde
    Gridiron Great
    CBFL Champ - '04
    # 24

View Profile Email

« Reply #163 on: Mar 4th, 2005, 10:02pm »

Adding to my list, sometimes you don't remember how much you like a song or how much a song affected you until you hear it again. Here are a few more songs that are in my top 50 list. Someday, I'll put them in order:

"Blue", by the Jayhawks    
    "Dreams", Van Halen    
    "Magic Power" Triumph  
    "Spirit of Radio" Rush  
    "Movin' Out" Billy Joel  
    "A Town Called Malice' The Jam
    "Heat of the Moment" Asia
    "Lady" Little River Band
    "We Belong" Pat Benatar
    "Send Her My Love" Journey
    Your Smiling Face" James Taylor

Stegfucius
    Philosopher King
    of Fantasy Football
    Site Administrator
    GBRFLer

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #164 on: Mar 5th, 2005, 4:55pm »

Interesting list, BW!  I wonder if any of those will appear in my remaining eight. Or, will the "Westian" observation (that we really are all over the place in our musical tastes) hold?

on Mar 4th, 2005, 7:47pm, StegRock wrote:
    Number 9!!!  #9!!!  Number 9!!!  #9!!!  Number 9!!!  #9!!!

#9...  This one takes me way back to my early MTV days. As is the case with a few of the songs on the countdown, this is one of those where I can visualize the gist of it,... which brings out definite feelings of childhood nostalgia.  ...  Like #19, this is one of these songs that I spent a good part of my life "in search of". ... I forgot the title of the track over time and bought at least one album I can remember thinking,... no hoping this song was on (I was wrong). ...  I also want to say this at this point in the countdown.  I think most if not all of the "junk(ier)" songs are behind us (these are my personal Top 40; I am not oblivious to "objectively better" music(al genres)).  In this particular case, this is a band whose music MANY did not understand the lack of popular appreciation for. Do NOT count me among those many. Besides this song (and their really popular one, which I kind of liked), I did not like their music at all.  I actually think it's pretty bad overall,... BUT DEFINTELY NOT THIS AWESOME TUNE...

http://www.ffyi.com/stegsmusic/9.htm (as should be expected, the songs can take quite a bit of time to load in the player; they are set to start AUTOMATICALLY when fully loaded).

As for my #9 here,... I did make a four-CD set of my Top 40 awhile back.  Hadn't listened to it for a bit.  But, since posting #9 last night, I can't get the 10-to-1 CD out of my car's player, listening mainly to nine on in.  I really do think that we have arrived at the point in my countdown where, I think, for the most part my personal tastes meet objective quality.
    Stegfucius
    Philosopher King
    of Fantasy Football
    Site Administrator
    GBRFLer

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #165 on: Apr 4th, 2005, 7:08pm »

Regarding some current tunage,... is this catchy tune "Jerk It Out" by the Caesers, which is gettin' a lot of play and is the new IPod tune, what I think it's about? ... ... ...
    Stegfucius
    Philosopher King
    of Fantasy Football
    Site Administrator
    GBRFLer

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #166 on: May 22nd, 2005, 7:27pm »

I guess I was right regarding my query above. Nobody responded, in any event...

Anyway, moving right along with the countdown...

Number 8!!!  #8!!!  Number 8!!!  #8!!!  Number 8!!!  #8!!!

#8...  Another tune that dates back to my infancy as a rock n' roll fan, a classic of sorts that I heard for the first time with my dad while listening to Kasey Kasem's Top 40 Countdown.  The theme of this song is weird and unique along the lines of the theme of (the infamous) #11.  I love songs with these off-the-wall themes, in this case a haunting one.  ...  It wasn't until years later (but before the internet boom) that I tried to track down the song/album.  Unlike the situations of some of the earlier songs on my countdown where I was kind of blindly searching since I could not remember the song's title and/or who sang it and finally finding the song was exhilerating, this tune's very distinctive theme and title is unforgettable and the performer very well known, BUT I did not know what album the tune was on and could not find it no matter how many racks I checked (no, not those kinds of racks, you gutter minds) and how many music store clerks I tried to sing it to, which was very frustrating (and the latter painful for many a music store clerk).  I used to try to tape it on my stereo... to know avail. At that point, it did not get much radio play anymore even on 80's stations.  I, finally, after years of searching found a cassette copy of the album, what turned out to be a great album, mind you, with a unique eerie theme, which is right up my alley.  Also, this guy's voice is incredible and very distinctive.  ...  I shall give you all (especially you 30 somethings) a hint as to the title and theme in "smileoglyphics"...  ...  ENJOY this cool blast from the past, fellas!  I am sure some of you have figured it out already...

http://www.ffyi.com/stegsmusic/8.htm (as should be expected, the songs can take quite a bit of time to load in the player; they are set to start AUTOMATICALLY when fully loaded).
    « Last Edit: May 22nd, 2005, 7:29pm by Stegfucius » Logged
    Stegfucius
    Philosopher King
    of Fantasy Football
    Site Administrator
    GBRFLer

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #167 on: May 26th, 2005, 5:57pm »

Did anybody get #8 before listening to it?
    BarnabyWilde
    Gridiron Great
    CBFL Champ - '04
    # 24

View Profile Email

« Reply #168 on: May 26th, 2005, 8:07pm »

I had a friend in high school that loved your #8 Steg. I was more of a fan of the artist's more popular song, which holds a bit of special meaning to me on a deep, personal level. #8 is a good tune though.
    « Last Edit: May 26th, 2005, 8:08pm by BarnabyWilde » Logged

BarnabyWilde
    Gridiron Great
    CBFL Champ - '04
    # 24

View Profile Email

« Reply #169 on: May 26th, 2005, 8:11pm »

I added a few more of mine:

"Blue", by the Jayhawks    
    "Dreams", Van Halen    
    "Magic Power" Triumph  
    "Spirit of Radio" Rush  
    "Movin' Out" Billy Joel  
    "A Town Called Malice' The Jam  
    "Heat of the Moment" Asia  
    "Lady" Little River Band  
    "We Belong" Pat Benatar  
    "Send Her My Love" Journey  
    "Your Smiling Face" James Taylor  
    "America" Neil Diamond
    "Come Sail Away" Styx
    "Lady In Red" Chris DeBerg
    "Rocky Mountain High" John Denver
    "A Girl Like You" The Smithereens
    "Brilliant Disguise" Bruce Springsteen

Callie
    Gridiron Great
    # 219

Go, Gridironettes!

calliewall  
    View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #170 on: May 26th, 2005, 8:13pm »

Wow, BW.

I am in your corner on that list.

“If life gives you lemons make orange juice. Let the rest of the world figure out how you did it.”
    Stegfucius
    Philosopher King
    of Fantasy Football
    Site Administrator
    GBRFLer

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #171 on: Jul 8th, 2005, 9:44pm »

Number 7!!!  #7!!!  Number 7!!!  #7!!!  Number 7!!!  #7!!!

#7...  Well, with #7 here, those of you who have been tracking this, so to speak, from the get-go 14+ months ago might be figuring out one of my all-time favorite bands.  In fact, it is this (unusual) song (for them), like it or not, that brought me to them.  From here, I began to appreciate most of their greater corpus of music, which, frankly speaking, I just did not "get" before (largely because of the social circles I hung out in during high school).  Actually, the album, an awesome album mind you, this song is on popularized/mainstreamed the group and, as such, has a somewhat negative stigma among hardcore fans of them.  But, still, the quality is SO good that even most of the hardcore remained on the "bandwagon",
    so to speak.  ...  Anyway, back to the song here,... of course, it is a great-sounding tune.  On a more superficial level I love it because I can sing it really well and I am no singer. Actually, I can sing this guy's stuff in general pretty well.  Similar vocal chords, I guess, because I am totally tone deaf. BUT, in any event, it's what's being said with the singing that makes it so great. There are a couple different interpretations.  I initially liked how it spoke to my independent, maverick, "I-don't-give-a-rat's-ass-what-anybody-thinks", "I'm-gonna-do-it-my-way" way of living.  After meeting my wife-to-be, it came to speak to me about our "against-all-odds", international, "often long-distance" (as many of you know) relationship.  Lately, Gino has pointed out to me that she thinks it is describing a relationship with God. I agree, but still think you can interpret it in various ways (like many things in life whether or not they were created with a certain vision in mind).  So, with that build-up, I share with you my beloved #7...

http://www.ffyi.com/stegsmusic/7.htm (as should be expected, the songs can take quite a bit of time to load in the player; they are set to start AUTOMATICALLY when fully loaded).
    BarnabyWilde
    Gridiron Great
    CBFL Champ - '04
    # 24

View Profile Email

« Reply #172 on: Jul 8th, 2005, 11:08pm »

Good song at 7 Steggie....I actually fell asleep during one of their shows (I was dehydrated at the time) but I do enjoy some of their stuff.

Stegfucius
    Philosopher King
    of Fantasy Football
    Site Administrator
    GBRFLer

I love ''the Gridiron''!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #173 on: Jul 20th, 2005, 3:12am »

Number 6!!!  #6!!!  Number 6!!!  #6!!!  Number 6!!!  #6!!!

#6...  Well, at #6 here I (once again) show that I am in touch with my feminine side. ... This simply is, for me, the single best song of its kind,... <--- yea, that kind.  It definitely gained a few spots on the chart when I was in the middle of putting together this countdown back in December of 2003 when Gino and I had our stateside wedding ceremony and it "officially" became our marriage song, the one we danced to. It VERY literally and accurately tells the story of my love for my wife, what she means and is to me.  It is thE (long "e") guy-to-girl song.  It absolutely describes what I firmly believe is entailed emotionally, psychologically, philosophically, intellectually and spiritually in a healthy (erotic) love relationship (now, keep your heads out of the gutters, you rabid Gridiron beasts ... ). It describes exactly what I sought out and strived for in a relationship as I matured.  ...  There is, of course, a warm story behind it... My first roommate freshman year at the University of Denver was Tim Monk, a Texan I had met along with a bunch of other guys during an early orientation for prospective students called "Denver Days".  I actually organized it so we could get a floor in the dorms all together when we entered in the fall. Anyway, Tim was a HUGE fan of the artists who made #6 here.  If not for Tim and his love for these dudes, my wife and I very well may not have been dancing to this tune on our wedding day. I never really knew anybody else who, on various fronts, would have been in a position to have introduced them to me to the degree that I would have come to know of this fairly remote tune.  The strange, mysterious and oh so significant... and, unfortunately, all too often unknown and, moreover, not even for a moment thought about ways we impact one another by sharing a piece of ourselves... our souls...  How I wish Tim were reading this now. We ultimately had very different majors, joined different fraternities and after just one term, he had an opportunity to live in-house, and we pretty much went our separate ways.  From there on out, we shared for the most part just a passing smile, knod of the head and quick hi-and-bye. ... BUT, the effects of our friendship were still "felt", so very felt, again 14 years later in 2003.  ...  As for the song itself, it is a soothing, melodic and very unique tune.  What gives it its "beat" in a way says it all...  I know the words pretty much by heart and sang it to Gino while we were dancing on our wedding day.  I was unable to completely hold my emotions back.  ...  So, now, go grab your wife, husband, girlfriend, boyfriend, lover, whatever, and join in with Steggie and Mrs. Steggie for this beautiful song SO rich in meaning...  (This'll get 'er in the mood, boyz!) ...

http://www.ffyi.com/stegsmusic/6.htm (as should be expected, the songs can take quite a bit of time to load in the player; they are set to start AUTOMATICALLY when fully loaded).
    « Last Edit: Jul 20th, 2005, 3:19am by Stegfucius » Logged
    BarnabyWilde
    Gridiron Great
    CBFL Champ - '04
    # 24

View Profile Email

« Reply #174 on: Oct 12th, 2005, 4:00pm »

I spent some time today to put mine in order:

Barnaby's Top 40:

1."Heart of the Matter", by Don Henley
    2."Be My Downfall" by Del Amitri          
    3."Breaking Us In Two", by Joe Jackson      
    4."Woman In Love", by Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers  
    5."Under Pressure", Queen and David Bowie
    6."A Town Called Malice' The Jam  
    7."Blue", by the Jayhawks      
    8."Bridge Over Troubled Waters", Simon and Garfunkel
    9."Hero In Me", by Jeffrey Gaines      
    10."Dreams", Van Halen
    11."Heat of the Moment" Asia      
    12."Miracles" Jefferson Airplane
    13."Magic Power" Triumph    
    14."Spirit of Radio" Rush    
    15."Movin' Out" Billy Joel    
    16."Her Town Too" James Taylor and JD Souther    
    17."Comfortable Numb", Pink Floyd   
    18."The Chain" Fleetwood Mac  
    19."Lady" Little River Band  
    20."We Belong" Pat Benatar  
    21."Send Her My Love" Journey  
    22."Your Smiling Face" James Taylor  
    23."America" Neil Diamond  
    24."Come Sail Away" Styx  
    25."Good Vibrations", The Beach Boys  
    26."Time", Pink Floyd  
    27."A Girl Like You" The Smithereens  
    28."Brilliant Disguise" Bruce Springsteen  
    29."Say You Will",Foreigner
    30. "Take It Easy" The Eagles   
    31."Jet City Woman", Queensryche      
    32."Fallen", Sarah McLachlan      
    33."Little Suzi", Tesla      
    34."Wanted Dead or Alive", Bon Jovi      
    35."Sister Christian", Night Ranger
    36."5150", Van Halen
    37."Rihanon", Fleetwood Mac
    38."All the Right Reasons", The Jayhawks  
    39. "Always The Last To Know", Del Amitri
    40."Mama", Genesis

« Last Edit: Apr 3rd, 2006, 11:45am by BarnabyWilde » Logged

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9  10 Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

Previous topic|Next topic

Fantasyfootballer.com's Gridiron » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.1!
    YaBB © 2000-2002,
    Xnull. All Rights Reserved.

Most smilies provided by "MySmilies.com", "Jason's Smiley Collection" or "Clicksmilies.com".
    "the Gridiron" Copyright © 2002-2023 - Product of FantasyFootballer.com. All rights reserved.